Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, a Mind Control movie

NwDylan

Rookie
Guys, today I watched a movie with my friends that, early on I identified its content, narrated about mind control and its steps, my friends found the movie crazy and meaningless, but I managed to translate its symbologies, the movie is called Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and is available on Netflix for anyone who wants to review.

The movie quickly and simply demonstrates how mind control works, torture and other aspects of your program are performed, as I am not fully aware of the whole process of mind control, I am opening this topic to discuss the movie and the hidden symbologies each can identify in it.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Not sure if it had anything more to do with this film than swagger-jacking the popular title but Jhene Aiko (kind of a weird hybrid of agenda promoter/dissenter) has a few songs connected with the film........

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
I haven't seen this movie in some time, but just from the fan made trailer there are two examples of leopard skin.

Symbols for Beta (sex) slaves
  • cats
  • leopard skin
ssgr.jpg

gw4g4.jpg

Last edited:

Dalit

Star
Guys, today I watched a movie with my friends that, early on I identified its content, narrated about mind control and its steps, my friends found the movie crazy and meaningless, but I managed to translate its symbologies, the movie is called Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, and is available on Netflix for anyone who wants to review.

The movie quickly and simply demonstrates how mind control works, torture and other aspects of your program are performed, as I am not fully aware of the whole process of mind control, I am opening this topic to discuss the movie and the hidden symbologies each can identify in it.
I love that movie.

Never thought about it from a mind control perspective in the past (but totally see that now; also see selective memory), yet found it romantic yet realistic. It shows the good and bad sides of Joel and Clementine's relationship. Quite a thought provoking movie actually.

NwDylan

Rookie
I love that movie.

Never thought about it from a mind control perspective in the past (but totally see that now; also see selective memory), yet found it romantic yet realistic. It shows the good and bad sides of Joel and Clementine's relationship. Quite a thought provoking movie actually.
I found this movie disturbing, the couple's flashbacks in some cases refer to some kind of torture, as in the pillow and sink/tub scene, and when not showing a torture, evidences an abusive relationship.

Karlysymon

Superstar
I love that movie.

"The concept of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind came from 1998 conversations between Michel Gondry and the film's co-writer, Pierre Bismuth.[17] The pair had met and become friends in the early 1980s during Gondry's drumming career in the French pop group Oui Oui. Bismuth had conceived of the idea of erasing certain people from people's minds in response to a friend complaining about her boyfriend; when he asked her if she would erase that boyfriend from her memory, she said yes. Bismuth originally was going to conduct an art experiment involving sending cards to people saying someone they knew had erased the card's recipient from their memory. When he mentioned this to Gondry, they developed it into a story based on the situations that would arise if it were scientifically possible. ~ Wikipedia
This is interesting and it means they were letting on a lot more than what the average viewer would pick up from the film. I mean, of all train stations that are out there they had to use that specific one in filming.