Era of the Child.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Alexis de Tocqueville, a French historian and political thinker observed in his book-
Democracy in America (1835) :
I therefore believe that
the kind of oppression that
threatens democratic
peoples is unlike any the
world has seen before. Our
contemporaries will find no image of it in their
memories. I search in vain
for an expression that
exactly reproduces my idea
of it and captures it fully.
The old words “despotism” and “tyranny” will not do.
The thing is new, hence I
must try to define it, since
I cannot give it a name. I am
trying to imagine
what new features despotism might have in
today’s world: I see an
innumerable host of men,
all alike and equal, endlessly
hastening after
petty and vulgar pleasures with which they fill their
souls. Each of them,
withdrawn into himself, is
virtually a stranger to the fate of
all the others. For
him, his children and personal friends comprise
the entire human race. As
for the remainder of his
fellow citizens, he lives
alongside them but does
not see them. He touches them but does not feel
them. He exists only in
himself and for himself,
and if he still has a family, he no
longer has a country. Over these
men stands an immense tutelary power,
which assumes sole
responsibility for securing
their pleasure and
watching over their fate.
It is absolute, meticulous, regular, provident, and
mild. It would resemble
paternal authority if only
its purpose were the same,
namely, to prepare men for
manhood. But on the contrary, it seeks only to
keep them in childhood
irrevocably. It likes citizens
to rejoice, provided they
think only of rejoicing. It works
willingly for their happiness. It provides for
their security, foresees and
takes care of their needs,
facilitates their pleasures,
manages their most important
affairs, directs their industry, regulates
their successions, and
divides their inheritances.
Why not relieve them
entirely of the trouble of
thinking and the difficulty of living? Every day it thus
makes man’s use of his free will
rarer and more futile. It
circumscribes the action of
the will more narrowly,
and little by little robs each citizen of the use of his
own faculties.
The last sentences are exactly what i thought when i read this:
At the recent CES 2017 expo event in Las Vegas, the Korean tech giant announced the
“InstaView” fridge as the latest in cutting-edge food storage for the modern world. Equipped with a 29-inch, high-definition
(HD) touchscreen display on the door, the InstaView fridge is basically a computer-slash-robot that can create shopping lists, check the weather and even set cooking timers. It can even send text message notifications to users’ smartphones informing them of what needs to be purchased from the store. Don’t feel like opening the door of the InstaView fridge to see what’s inside? No worries. The interior cameras can take a live scan and show you right on the HD display what’s there, a feature that LG claims prevents energy
from being wasted —
even though the camera and display both require energy to perform this function. The
InstaView fridge also has its own built-in operating system that a family can use to leave each other notes or instructions,
all of which the fridge itself uses to “learn” and customize features over time. “Our Smart InstaView Door-in-Door refrigerator will allow users to enjoy their kitchen experience like never before,”announced Song Dae-Hyun, LG’s head of home appliances, before an eager tech crowd in Vegas.
https://arstechnica.com/ gadgets/2017/01 ... hing-else/
http:// naturalnews.com/2017-01-12- invas ... u-eat.html
We truly are living in some sort of 'era of the child'. Where everything is done for us. We are wilfully choosing
incapacitation.
This E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T investigative piece by Nafeez Ahmed on the history of Google (not your average Wikipedia entry) ties in well with the
above.
https://medium.com/insurge- intelligence ... .16cwbxue7

It was a massive eye-opener. Its quite
long but very worth your time (for those who haven't read it anyway). Because of it, i was finally able to understand why it was 'natural' for Regina Dugan
(former head of DARPA-Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency), after her term expired,to go work for Google.

Lady

Star
Alexis de Tocqueville, a French historian and political thinker observed in his book-
Democracy in America (1835) :

The last sentences are exactly what i thought when i read this:

We truly are living in some sort of 'era of the child'. Where everything is done for us. We are wilfully choosing
incapacitation.
This E.X.C.E.L.L.E.N.T investigative piece by Nafeez Ahmed on the history of Google (not your average Wikipedia entry) ties in well with the
above.
https://medium.com/insurge- intelligence ... .16cwbxue7

It was a massive eye-opener. Its quite
long but very worth your time (for those who haven't read it anyway). Because of it, i was finally able to understand why it was 'natural' for Regina Dugan
(former head of DARPA-Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency), after her term expired,to go work for Google.[/QUOTE

Sorry, but the link to the info on Regina Dugan gives a 404 notice-page not found. Sure sounds interesting. I will look her up on my own, since I want to prove Tocqueville incorrect on his assessment of contemporary man (1835!).
Unfortunately, his writing is on-point for 2017, to our shame.

Lady

Star
Thank you, and I just gave your thread a shout out to a new member named Palladium. This person seemed interested in this topic, according to his/her Intro post.

Lady

Star
Thanks alot. Iam pretty sure you'll enjoy the piece. Was actually about to delete the thread. Thanks again!
Oh, leave it up for a while. You may get a few bites!

Everyone on here needs to see the article and I hope they venture over here to this thread.
The depth of deceit from our government-and just what entities inspire it all is breathtaking!

Last edited: