Equality Will Never Exist In This World

Etagloc

Superstar
By equality do we mean equality in the Malcolm X sense or do we mean equality in the sense of participation trophies?

Last edited:

Kung Fu

Superstar
What is equality?
This is a good question. The Western definition is that all men and women should be equal in status, rights, and opportunities.

If I'm Michael Jordan and someone else is just not talented at basketball, do we artificially rig the game so they score just as many points as me? If that's equality, screw equality.
I believe what you just pointed to is equality of outcome and I agree it's absolutely ridiculous. Why should we punish Michael Jordan for his talents and his hard work just so we can make him equal to someone who was not born with his talents or had his work ethic?

Kung Fu

Superstar
My view on equality is that in the truest sense of the word it simply does not exist. We are all born with different talents, parents, and have different work ethics and therefore in the truest sense of the word, none of us are equal. There is so much variance from one individual to another that them being equal is impossible. If equality truly existed we could all be doctors, or we could all become presidents, or we could all squat 600 lbs, and etc.

Etagloc

Superstar
This is a good question. The Western definition is that all men and women should be equal in status, rights, and opportunities.

I believe what you just pointed to is equality of outcome and I agree it's absolutely ridiculous. Why should we punish Michael Jordan for his talents and his hard work just so we can make him equal to someone who was not born with his talents or had his work ethic?
My view on equality is that in the truest sense of the word it simply does not exist. We are all born with different talents, parents, and have different work ethics and therefore in the truest sense of the word, none of us are equal. There is so much variance from one individual to another that them being equal is impossible. If equality truly existed we could all be doctors, or we could all become presidents, or we could all squat 600 lbs, and etc.
Equal in status?? Nah, everyone ain't the same. Status should be earned.

I think equality in the sense you're talking about is nonsense just like you say it is.

But I appropriate it for my own purposes. With some refinement, I think it can be useful. I subscribe to the Project Patological Theory of Equality

i

As Mr. Pat says, "If you ain't from my hood, you can get from round here" and how I take the song is "if you're an outsider stay the hell out my business".

That's my theory of equality. I am tired of having to fight just to force people out of my affairs when they had no business trying to meddle in my affairs in the first place. Any outside force that tries to meddle in my business and dictate my affairs better be ready for a fight.

Self-determination, independence; national and individual sovereignty. For example, if you're a white Westerner, stay the hell out of the Middle East's affairs. Same for Latin America, Africa, Asia, etc. Unless the people themselves want you to get involved, I think you need to stay of their business and if you're too insistent on encroaching where you don't belong then it's perfectly legitimate for you to be made a target. If you invade where you have no business, I think you should be seen as having a target on your forehead.

This is the general, universal principle that I would propose as equality. Stay out of where you don't belong and if someone intrudes where they don't belong then you have the right to drive out the invader. Whether or not you have the means to drive them out is another matter but if you don't have the means then I would recommend that you acquire the means to do so. The moral law is on the side of the defender.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
I think equality started out as woman just wanted to be more respected by men and then it got out of hand and now women seemed to have forgetten that men and women are different in good ways. That women have their own unique role in life and that its ok to embrace it and enjoy it. Now it's become a competition to see if a woman can do better and be better then men and I think its been detrimental for both.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I think equality started out as woman just wanted to be more respected by men and then it got out of hand and now women seemed to have forgetten that men and women are different in good ways. That women have their own unique role in life and that its ok to embrace it and enjoy it. Now it's become a competition to see if a woman can do better and be better then men and I think its been detrimental for both.
I'm talking about equality in general. Not just between women and men but between all human beings.

Lisa, do you believe the wife should submit to the husband?

Lisa

Superstar
I'm talking about equality in general. Not just between women and men but between all human beings.

Lisa, do you believe the wife should submit to the husband?
Well, you did bring up men and woman..so I thought that was what you meant...

Sure, if the man loves the wife as Jesus loves the church. That's the only way it really works.

Etagloc

Superstar
What's Malcolm X's definition of equality?
I think pretty much what I described in the previous post. I'm bout to log off and get some rest but for clarification- when someone tries to force things on you, tries to violate you in any way and you have to "fight the invader" as I basically said, I am deliberately vague as far as the means. If someone is saying something to you- no matter what it is- I don't think you should ever resort to force just over words. If you really must respond then you can just say something in response. But if someone puts their hands on you, you are a human being and you have a right as a human being to protect yourself. You have a right to live, to survive.

When you commit aggression- for example, you commit an act of violence against someone who has done nothing to you, then you have violated the equality that exists between the two of you. That other person has a right to live and to exist, just as you have a right to live and to exist. I have a right to walk down the street and go to the store. I have a right to not have to worry about someone harming me just because I wanted to go to the store to buy some eggs. I hate that people have brainwashed people into thinking that we as human beings don't have a right to be safe and to live and walk to the store- and to be able to protect ourselves. I want to be safe and I want to be able to walk to the store and not have to worry about something happening to me. I live in a dangerous area and it would be even more dangerous if I was unwilling or hesitant when it comes to protecting myself. I have a right to live and if you tell someone they have no right to protect themselves then you are telling them they have no right to be safe when they want to walk down the street and go to the corner store. Should they just live in constant fear and never leave the house? Even going to work can be dangerous.

So for me, equality is not its own separate, atomized abstract entity. I think that is an illusion of language. I think equality is inherently tied up with other things. I have a right to live, to breathe, to pursue my aspirations, to go to the corner store, to go to work, just as anyone else has those rights. If someone tries to trample on those rights then they are also attacking my equality as human being.

This is why I don't know of Malcolm X specifically addressing equality but I think his overall message was inextricably tied up with equality- I think that's why he taught people to protect themselves and to defend their rights. This is very OT and this is why I've always preferred the OT and always felt leery of the NT. The OT God is valiant and defends the rights of myself and of people in general and I think the NT God wants me to give up my rights and to perish in the struggle for survival. For someone to try to convince me to give up my rights and that I don't need to worry about protecting my rights and that's it's virtuous to not defend my rights- that's creepy to me and I really question whether that person really cares about me and has my interest at heart. That's why the OT God seems much more loving to me than what I perceive as a God of false prophets that wants me to give up, to lose hope in being able to protect my rights and dignity and to internalize an attitude of defeat- and then to believe that my loss of hope is virtuous. I would never be able to lift my eyes from the ground. I think I will succeed in the long run and I will see my aspirations fulfilled but even if that never happened it would be better to have hope and later be disappointed then to simply have never known hope in the first place.

Kung Fu

Superstar
This is why I don't know of Malcolm X specifically addressing equality but I think his overall message was inextricably tied up with equality- I think that's why he taught people to protect themselves and to defend their rights. This is very OT and this is why I've always preferred the OT and always felt leery of the NT. The OT God is valiant and defends the rights of myself and of people in general and I think the NT God wants me to give up my rights and to perish in the struggle for survival. For someone to try to convince me to give up my rights and that I don't need to worry about protecting my rights and that's it's virtuous to not defend my rights- that's creepy to me and I really question whether that person really cares about me and has my interest at heart. That's why the OT God seems much more loving to me than what I perceive as a God of false prophets that wants me to give up, to lose hope in being able to protect my rights and dignity and to internalize an attitude of defeat- and then to believe that my loss of hope is virtuous. I would never be able to lift my eyes from the ground. I think I will succeed in the long run and I will see my aspirations fulfilled but even if that never happened it would be better to have hope and later be disappointed then to simply have never known hope in the first place.
I see what you mean by equality now. Let me know if I have it right. You believe that all humans have the right to equal life as in no matter our differences our lives should be weighed as equal and if this equality is disturbed such as with violence we should be able to defend our life, right?

Malcolm X was a great man. Very intelligent, brave, and God fearing. He was a good Muslim and may the Most High be pleased with him.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Well, you did bring up men and woman..so I thought that was what you meant...

Sure, if the man loves the wife as Jesus loves the church. That's the only way it really works.
You mean in another thread, right?

Jesus went to church?

Kung Fu

Superstar
People are already equal, we are all humans from the same creator. The problem is the way we interact with / treat each other.
Mecca, if I'm physically and mentally stronger than you how would that make us equal?

Also, this is a hypothetical question and in no way am I saying I'm actually stronger or mentally tougher than you.