Entire family becomes transgender

Lisa

Superstar
I was reading an article the other day that a whole family has become transgender. Sounded really confusing and exhausting honestly.

The mom decided she was and always had been a man so decided to be a “man.” She then met a man who had already decided he was a “woman.”

And I guess her kids didn’t want to be left out, so the son decided he was a girl and the daughter decided she was a boy and they are all extremely happy for themselves.

Though it seems creepy to me to up and make those sorts of changes for oneself, but to encourage your kids to do the same? Is that an attempt to make what she (the mom) did normal? These people look anything but normal to me...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5185209/An-entire-family-four-transgender.html

Haich

Superstar
Why would you wait a lifetime to 'come out' as transgender? Surely if there were issues and conflictions you wouldn't enjoy the benefits of being a woman (the miracle of birth) and decide out of the blue - oh I actually feel like a woman

This is so confusing.

Haich

Superstar
Another attempt to normalise the abnormal and blur the lines of what it means to be male and female.

Aero

Superstar
Are parents who smoke cigarettes encouraging their kids by smoking? Probably not, unless you consider the passive encouragement of the act itself. And that's totally normally. Children are going pick up good and bad traits from their parents.

Maybe it's confusing because you lack a scientific approach. That's why I compare it to addiction. The reward system in our brains is easily manipulated, it's easily altered. It wasn't long ago that smoking cigarettes was normal, and in a lot of countries it still is. Most people know now that smoking is deadly though. So less people smoke.

If being transgender is ultimately deemed unhealthy by society, than society will respond. But it doesn't seem that unhealthy. Not when you compare it to like every other human behavior being normalized.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Why would you wait a lifetime to 'come out' as transgender? Surely if there were issues and conflictions you wouldn't enjoy the benefits of being a woman (the miracle of birth) and decide out of the blue - oh I actually feel like a woman

This is so confusing.
An enviroment inundated with endocrine disruptors.

And...

Born this way-LadyGaGa

Lisa

Superstar
Are parents who smoke cigarettes encouraging their kids by smoking? Probably not, unless you consider the passive encouragement of the act itself. And that's totally normally. Children are going pick up good and bad traits from their parents.

Maybe it's confusing because you lack a scientific approach. That's why I compare it to addiction. The reward system in our brains is easily manipulated, it's easily altered. It wasn't long ago that smoking cigarettes was normal, and in a lot of countries it still is. Most people know now that smoking is deadly though. So less people smoke.

If being transgender is ultimately deemed unhealthy by society, than society will respond. But it doesn't seem that unhealthy. Not when you compare it to like every other human behavior being normalized.
My mother in law smoked...her parents didn’t. Many people begin smoking because their friends did or they wanted to be cool...

Transgenderism seems to be a mental confusion or even insanity...where you get to decide to become something you really aren’t, all in the name of happiness? Is it a fad? Can it really be considered normal?

Aero

Superstar
My mother in law smoked...her parents didn’t. Many people begin smoking because their friends did or they wanted to be cool...

Transgenderism seems to be a mental confusion or even insanity...where you get to decide to become something you really aren’t, all in the name of happiness? Is it a fad? Can it really be considered normal?
Whoa no need to bring out the straw man. The question I asked was simple. Is a parent who smokes encouraging their kid passively? Whether or not their kid actually picks up the habit is completely irrelevant. Furthermore if just an act is encouraging, what are we supposed to do. Should we create colonies to separate all the people with strange habits?

If it's insanity than how is it a choice? It doesn't bother me to watch you contradict yourself 5 times in one post. I just suspect your posts are more about catharsis for yourself, rather than understanding. And personally I think there are levels of insanity. These are complex social and biological issues. So I just don't agree with all the conviction based generalizations.

Lisa

Superstar
Whoa no need to bring out the straw man. The question I asked was simple. Is a parent who smokes encouraging their kid passively? Whether or not their kid actually picks up the habit is completely irrelevant. Furthermore if just an act is encouraging, what are we supposed to do. Should we create colonies to separate all the people with strange habits?

If it's insanity than how is it a choice? It doesn't bother me to watch you contradict yourself 5 times in one post. I just suspect your posts are more about catharsis for yourself, rather than understanding. And personally I think there are levels of insanity. These are complex social and biological issues. So I just don't agree with all the conviction based generalizations.
What straw man? People start to smoke for reasons entirely their own sometimes....my dad smoked only one of his 4 kids smokes. My dad quit, shouldn’t the one still smoking quit as well, by the scenario you set up?

This is more than just a strange habit...the mom and the kids decide they are all 3 transgender and she finds a guy who thinks he’s a woman...

Insanity...extreme folly or unreasonableness, it does seem unreasonable to think your a man in a woman’s body...

Catharsis for what?

I disagree that it has anything to do with biological issues...

Vixy

Star
An enviroment inundated with endocrine disruptors.

And...

Born this way-LadyGaGa
Yes. I was thinking hormonal disruption due to the environment. They all probably lives in the same house which has bad water or soil. That in turn disrupts hormonal function which affects the brain.

Aero

Superstar
What straw man? People start to smoke for reasons entirely their own sometimes....my dad smoked only one of his 4 kids smokes. My dad quit, shouldn’t the one still smoking quit as well, by the scenario you set up?

This is more than just a strange habit...the mom and the kids decide they are all 3 transgender and she finds a guy who thinks he’s a woman...

Insanity...extreme folly or unreasonableness, it does seem unreasonable to think your a man in a woman’s body...

Catharsis for what?

I disagree that it has anything to do with biological issues...
The straw man of mischaracterizing my argument. Which you are still doing BTW. Not once did I comment on, or move in the direction of causality. I was simply bringing up that kids emulating their parents is normal. People match moods and emulate each other all the time. Like we seek out like minded people, and those of similar interests.

I didn't say it was a strange habit. Again with the straw man? The question was. Should we take everyone with strange habits and segregate them somewhere. Because that's what you seem to be asking for. The point is you start at something like transgender people, and eventually you are segregating every type of person. It's a game of labeling and dividing people. Nothing more.

And people rely on catharsis due to inadequacy. Like you feel better about yourself when you look down on transgender people. And that really is most of what these type of threads are. For me it's very simple. Either you want to actually solve a problem, or you just want to make fun of people who are weird.

Lisa

Superstar
The straw man of mischaracterizing my argument. Which you are still doing BTW. Not once did I comment on, or move in the direction of causality. I was simply bringing up that kids emulating their parents is normal. People match moods and emulate each other all the time. Like we seek out like minded people, and those of similar interests.

I didn't say it was a strange habit. Again with the straw man? The question was. Should we take everyone with strange habits and segregate them somewhere. Because that's what you seem to be asking for. The point is you start at something like transgender people, and eventually you are segregating every type of person. It's a game of labeling and dividing people. Nothing more.

And people rely on catharsis due to inadequacy. Like you feel better about yourself when you look down on transgender people. And that really is most of what these type of threads are. For me it's very simple. Either you want to actually solve a problem, or you just want to make fun of people who are weird.
I understood what you said and I added to it with the fact that people start smoking for all sorts of reasons, many of which have to do with peer pressure and thinking they look cool, and some could be emulating their parents, but usually people do it as a way of rebelling, don’t you think?

O, well, I thought that when you mentioned a strange habit when you replied you acknowedged that it was strange...my mistake I guess...

I don’t remember talking about segregating anyone. I think they’ve divided themselves and are looking to be seen as normal for it, honestly.

Ah..that’s what you were meaning. I don’t feel better about myself because I said that I think they are trying to make this seem normal and it isn’t normal at all. I was just stating the truth of it.

Why do I have to have solutions to the problem to talk about it? This is the current events section...this is a current event.

Aero

Superstar
I understood what you said and I added to it with the fact that people start smoking for all sorts of reasons, many of which have to do with peer pressure and thinking they look cool, and some could be emulating their parents, but usually people do it as a way of rebelling, don’t you think?
Sure the rebel angle makes sense to me. Apply that to anyone who feels different, and they can be pushed into these type of alternative lifestyles. That's why young kids join gangs. Because they don't feel like they belong.
O, well, I thought that when you mentioned a strange habit when you replied you acknowedged that it was strange...my mistake I guess...
No problem.
I don’t remember talking about segregating anyone. I think they’ve divided themselves and are looking to be seen as normal for it, honestly.
You didn't but it's a natural byproduct of the labeling mechanism. Now I'm moving in the direction of causality. And that might be true some people have divided themselves. Idk why I felt so determined to get you to join the debate. But I feel accomplished.
Ah..that’s what you were meaning. I don’t feel better about myself because I said that I think they are trying to make this seem normal and it isn’t normal at all. I was just stating the truth of it.
I'll take your word for it.
Why do I have to have solutions to the problem to talk about it? This is the current events section...this is a current event.
You don't have to. But I believe in calling a spade a spade. If we aren't working towards a solution, or goal. Than we are just gossiping aren't we? Which is fine, but I don't particularly enjoy it. It doesn't impress me. Of course.

Karlysymon

Superstar
Yes. I was thinking hormonal disruption due to the environment. They all probably lives in the same house which has bad water or soil. That in turn disrupts hormonal function which affects the brain.
The fish down the river are changing gender because of the chemicals in the water, the same chemicals (even if in trace amounts) that are coming through your faucet. How then can you remain unscathed, decade after decade of exposure to said chemicals?

So you experience hormonal confusion, and take hormone shots to "clear up the confusion",...transition to the "right" gender.... followed by gender-reassignment surgery.

The present and future, certainly, promise transgenderism as the new normal. :( ,a harbinger for humanity.

Lisa

Superstar
Sure the rebel angle makes sense to me. Apply that to anyone who feels different, and they can be pushed into these type of alternative lifestyles. That's why young kids join gangs. Because they don't feel like they belong.

No problem.

You didn't but it's a natural byproduct of the labeling mechanism. Now I'm moving in the direction of causality. And that might be true some people have divided themselves. Idk why I felt so determined to get you to join the debate. But I feel accomplished.

I'll take your word for it.

You don't have to. But I believe in calling a spade a spade. If we aren't working towards a solution, or goal. Than we are just gossiping aren't we? Which is fine, but I don't particularly enjoy it. It doesn't impress me. Of course.
One has to wonder as to who they are rebelling against...I think I know the answer to that question. God created man in His own image...male and female He created them.

Are we gossiping or are we talking about something people are using to change the way things are, to a new normal? That is something to talk about don’t you think?

Aero

Superstar
One has to wonder as to who they are rebelling against...I think I know the answer to that question. God created man in His own image...male and female He created them.
He also created people with both male, and female genitals. So I have serious questions about your whole theory there. It seems pretty standard for religious folks to completely gloss over hermaphrodites. Does the Bible have anything to say about that? Because apparently God did not make man and woman to be perfect sexes.
Are we gossiping or are we talking about something people are using to change the way things are, to a new normal? That is something to talk about don’t you think?
I think it's gossiping. I think you are feeding into the narratives coming from the big cities. In most of the country it's not normal to see transgender people walking around. In Ohio I've seen 1 transgender person my whole life. And I've only met a few gay people. So the takeaway here is that in densely populated centers diversity is basically required for survival. This is where all of our news and popular culture comes from. There's multiple different worlds going on in front us. Like we should be real careful not to see what we want to see.

SkepticCat

Veteran

Well... it was deemed unhealthy, but now the 'scientists' have decided it's not - so it's not! Does anybody know any healthy, happy transgender persons? They seem almost universally unstable and unhappy to me, and the Illuminati appears to agree...

I personally find it much more probably transgenderism should be classified as a mental disorder (as it used to be) so now we're letting all these people down. How many people had this strong urge to be the opposite gender 100 years ago? I think it's a symptom of massive identity problems from living in a frightening, unloving and confusing world that has forsaken its values and now stands for nothing at all - and pushing this onto children is so irresponsible it's just unbelievable...

Last edited: