END TIMES - A thread for all christians

rainerann

Star
The one world religion is going to center around the antichrist.
Revelation‬ ‭13:11-15‬ ‭
Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb and he spoke as a dragon. He exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And he makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life. And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed.​
‭‭
right except there is no reason to not see the book of revelation the same way we currently see the Dead Sea scrolls. There is nothing that gives this text more authority if there is no historical reality of Israel that has been found after 200 years.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
right except the point just went right over your head. There would be no one world religion because there would be no way to collectively centralize anything anymore, but you missed that part.
Well, we may live to see that assertion tested...

Lisa

Superstar
this is exactly the answer that I expected because I have read the Bible cover to cover and spent several years attending Christian college even. I already know that you have no good way to answer this question because I would have one if you were capable of having one.

the only answer you have is entirely based on your own speculations. Even though the Bible is supposed to be as the extension of our discernment on matters as significant as whether the church would continue to follow in the apostles footsteps and heal people, you are not able to support any of what you just said with a bible verse.

everything you just said was extrabiblical and according to the standard that the Bible is supposed to set, should be taken with a grain of salt.

a better answer would I don’t know or that it is possible that something has been oppressed, but this is not something you are capable of admitting.

this also further demonstrates that the Bible will ultimately not be sufficient in the role that people have given it in the future. However, this does not mean that people are going to go towards the idea of a one world religion. That is an absurd conclusion is you have any experience working with the public in America in the year 2020.
Was my answer based upon my own speculations?
Doesn’t Jesus tell us to come to him?

Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬ ‭
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
‭‭
Didn’t Jesus tell us to go make disciples of all the nations?
Matthew‬ ‭28:19‬ ‭
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

‭‭In fact it seems more important to..

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:1-4‬ ‭
I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.​

Because..
John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
‭‭

I don’t think anything has been surprised but all has been revealed. I think maybe you have a problem with the answer?
The Bible is a book of prophecy...and there is no doubt in my mind that things will turn out just the way the Bible says.

No, my dear @Infinityloop - I was just wondering if his road to nihilism was paved by buying into similar claims about Zoroastrianism.
No, Nietzsche has nothing to do with Zoroastrianism.

Nietzsche uses his Zoroaster as an archetype to convey an allegory ("Also spake zarathustra") of his Ubermensch concept (which is also inspired by other religious patriachs like Moses, Jesus, Buddha and Muhammad).
Also, Nietzsche was not a Nihilist btw, he started off as an Existentialist but gradually drifted away throughout his work.

rainerann

Star
Was my answer based upon my own speculations?
Doesn’t Jesus tell us to come to him?

Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬ ‭
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
‭‭
Didn’t Jesus tell us to go make disciples of all the nations?
Matthew‬ ‭28:19‬ ‭
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

‭‭In fact it seems more important to..

‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭4:1-4‬ ‭
I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.​

Because..
John‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
‭‭

I don’t think anything has been surprised but all has been revealed. I think maybe you have a problem with the answer?
The Bible is a book of prophecy...and there is no doubt in my mind that things will turn out just the way the Bible says.
Yup you are completely deflecting away from answering the actual question of why is there no one in the church that is able to heal the way the apostles did?

""So those who were scattered went on their way preaching the message of good news. 5 Philip went down to a city in Samaria and proclaimed the Messiah to them. 6 The crowds paid attention with one mind to what Philip said, as they heard and saw the signs he was performing. 7 For unclean spirits, crying out with a loud voice, came out of many who were possessed, and many who were paralyzed and lame were healed.8 So there was great joy in that city." (Acts 8:4-8)"

Do you see this Lisa. It says in the book of Acts that people paid attention because they saw and heard the signs. The only sign that people see today is the frequent occurrence of ridiculous arguments between people who believe in once saved always saved and people who don't; or people trying to defend the trinity.

None of this really matters to anyone listening to these arguments. It only serves the ego of the one who is sharing this information. It would be a lot better if people could do something that was actually useful to someone else, and we have concluded that you don't have an answer for why no one is able to do this.

It is just a reality, that if there is no historical Israel, there is no reason to blindly accept the prophecy as it exists. I have been a Christian for 20 years and I really don't mind if you consider me a Catholic. I'm not one to jump around calling myself different things.

Anyways, I have read the Bible cover to cover over ten times. I have taken classes in Christian college after the year 2010. Even if you were to say that it was controversial to include something historical regarding Israel as it existed in ancient times within my children's Christian homeschool curriculum. There would be nothing controversial about including this within a Christian college level curriculum and yet there is not one Biblical archeology class in any Christian college that exists within the US where they have the freedom to integrate information like this within the curriculum.

This is because it is not there to add.

I have also attended very large, somewhat wealthy churches in my community before. This church was a 5/5 star church. Kind, generous, I was pleasantly naive that there was a world that existed where Christians went around labeling each other as saved and unsaved before coming here. I can't even imagine most of these people as being capable of this.

But there was money and a large population at this church. There was complimentary coffee before services, elaborate youth groups, and a snack table in my bible study classes. It was the pinnacle of what you would expect of a church. A full exercise of privilege and religious freedom. Nevertheless, these people had money and a lot of influence within the community. If there was legitimate information about a historical Israel, you better believe someone would be petitioning to have this information included at the college level at a minimum.

But there is nothing to add.

I lived in a community with Christian bookstores. I was able to buy magnets, coffee mugs, pens, journals, fiction, nonfiction all with a Christian influence. All stamped with a verse or two here or there. I could buy these items for anyone, Christian or nonChristian and no one would have been offended by this. There has really been nothing but social acceptance and encouragement of my faith since I became a Christian.

But the reality is that there is no evidence of a corresponding archeological history to support believing in the Bible as a historical record.
So after all of this privilege including the privilege to dig with the sole purpose of finding information to support the reality of a historical Israel, I realize that many people default to seeing the general population moving away from the church as though it were evidence of some kind of persecution.

But it is really just evidence that there is no evidence to continue believing and promoting that the Bible is a historical record. In reality, most of these people are tiptoeing around the possibility of offending someone who considers themself a Christian with this information because what they have found should already be included in schools. They should already be openly pointing out that after almost 200 years, there is no evidence of an exodus taking place, but they can't do this because of the pressure they would get from the Christian population. These people would complain about including this information even if it is a plain fact at this point in time.

So there is no reason to believe that the book of Revelation is going to actually happen or to consider it any differently than the way we currently consider any of the dead sea scrolls. If anything, considering the massive amount of privilege, you might want to be careful that someone doesn't end up trying to take advantage of the fact that this is what you believe. You belong to a demographic that technically gets special treatment even.

Furthermore, it would be better for you to say that you don't know why there is no healing after the disciples. I would respond by saying that your answer is just not good enough. I did homeschool, my children, because their education is very important to me. The accuracy of this information is also important to me.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
No, Nietzsche has nothing to do with Zoroastrianism.

Nietzsche uses his Zoroaster as an archetype to convey an allegory ("Also spake zarathustra") of his Ubermensch concept (which is also inspired by other religious patriachs like Moses, Jesus, Buddha and Muhammad).
Also, Nietzsche was not a Nihilist btw, he started off as an Existentialist but gradually drifted away throughout his work.
He ended up a deeply unhappy man though.

rainerann

Star
Well, we may live to see that assertion tested...

I was going to say that is what I am hoping for until I saw what is included in this other thread. More claims of pseudo persecution that only exists in the minds of those who have difficulty accepting that it is not rational to continue promoting the idea that the Bible is historically accurate. There is a move away from the way people used to view the church but this is because there is no evidence that it is historically accurate and it is claiming to be.

I don't know why you insist on advertising other threads Red as a response to things, but this has nothing to do with the point because I am not talking about ecumenism. I am talking about an end to discussions on ecumenism. I am talking about no need to collectively create some centralized ways to deal with divisions created by theological differences for three major world religions.

If something claims to have a historical value that actually has none, where is the real conspiracy? The other thing I would also point out is that in the face of a pandemic, the world started hoarding toilet paper rather than turning into zombies. So it is very rational to assume that if people faced a reality where we could accept and include that no legitimate history was ever found to support the exodus, the church would be the only people having a meltdown. Everyone else would go about their business like it was any other day, and life would go on. The only beast that would present itself would be the beast in the mind of many people who would struggle with the idea of being wrong about what they believed in.

I struggle with this, but I also know that healing does not come by way of lying to oneself and I don't support ecumenism. I support accurate historical accounts.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Yup you are completely deflecting away from answering the actual question of why is there no one in the church that is able to heal the way the apostles did?

""So those who were scattered went on their way preaching the message of good news. 5 Philip went down to a city in Samaria and proclaimed the Messiah to them. 6 The crowds paid attention with one mind to what Philip said, as they heard and saw the signs he was performing. 7 For unclean spirits, crying out with a loud voice, came out of many who were possessed, and many who were paralyzed and lame were healed.8 So there was great joy in that city." (Acts 8:4-8)"

Do you see this Lisa. It says in the book of Acts that people paid attention because they saw and heard the signs. The only sign that people see today is the frequent occurrence of ridiculous arguments between people who believe in once saved always saved and people who don't; or people trying to defend the trinity.

None of this really matters to anyone listening to these arguments. It only serves the ego of the one who is sharing this information. It would be a lot better if people could do something that was actually useful to someone else, and we have concluded that you don't have an answer for why no one is able to do this.

It is just a reality, that if there is no historical Israel, there is no reason to blindly accept the prophecy as it exists. I have been a Christian for 20 years and I really don't mind if you consider me a Catholic. I'm not one to jump around calling myself different things.

Anyways, I have read the Bible cover to cover over ten times. I have taken classes in Christian college after the year 2010. Even if you were to say that it was controversial to include something historical regarding Israel as it existed in ancient times within my children's Christian homeschool curriculum. There would be nothing controversial about including this within a Christian college level curriculum and yet there is not one Biblical archeology class in any Christian college that exists within the US where they have the freedom to integrate information like this within the curriculum.

This is because it is not there to add.

I have also attended very large, somewhat wealthy churches in my community before. This church was a 5/5 star church. Kind, generous, I was pleasantly naive that there was a world that existed where Christians went around labeling each other as saved and unsaved before coming here. I can't even imagine most of these people as being capable of this.

But there was money and a large population at this church. There was complimentary coffee before services, elaborate youth groups, and a snack table in my bible study classes. It was the pinnacle of what you would expect of a church. A full exercise of privilege and religious freedom. Nevertheless, these people had money and a lot of influence within the community. If there was legitimate information about a historical Israel, you better believe someone would be petitioning to have this information included at the college level at a minimum.

But there is nothing to add.

I lived in a community with Christian bookstores. I was able to buy magnets, coffee mugs, pens, journals, fiction, nonfiction all with a Christian influence. All stamped with a verse or two here or there. I could buy these items for anyone, Christian or nonChristian and no one would have been offended by this. There has really been nothing but social acceptance and encouragement of my faith since I became a Christian.

But the reality is that there is no evidence of a corresponding archeological history to support believing in the Bible as a historical record.
So after all of this privilege including the privilege to dig with the sole purpose of finding information to support the reality of a historical Israel, I realize that many people default to seeing the general population moving away from the church as though it were evidence of some kind of persecution.

But it is really just evidence that there is no evidence to continue believing and promoting that the Bible is a historical record. In reality, most of these people are tiptoeing around the possibility of offending someone who considers themself a Christian with this information because what they have found should already be included in schools. They should already be openly pointing out that after almost 200 years, there is no evidence of an exodus taking place, but they can't do this because of the pressure they would get from the Christian population. These people would complain about including this information even if it is a plain fact at this point in time.

So there is no reason to believe that the book of Revelation is going to actually happen or to consider it any differently than the way we currently consider any of the dead sea scrolls. If anything, considering the massive amount of privilege, you might want to be careful that someone doesn't end up trying to take advantage of the fact that this is what you believe. You belong to a demographic that technically gets special treatment even.

Furthermore, it would be better for you to say that you don't know why there is no healing after the disciples. I would respond by saying that your answer is just not good enough. I did homeschool, my children, because their education is very important to me. The accuracy of this information is also important to me.
I didn’t think I was deflecting by talking about how we are to live by faith not sight in response to you wanting an answer on why we don’t heal. Do we need to heal people? And yet Red mentioned that people can be healed with prayer. I personally think the healing was for the apostles in that time and I guess I don’t understand why this is such a big issue for you?

As for now aren’t we told..
Romans‬ ‭10:17‬ ‭
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.​
‭‭

The truth is the issue with those arguments and they matter. However I don’t see where it matters if Christians can heal people. That’s not the point of Christianity. The point is to be saved by grace through faith and once you’re saved to grow in Christ and share the Good News. Being a Christian doesn’t mean that you’re sinless or all your problems go away.

I don’t know if you are a catholic and didn’t call you one. Are you a catholic?

There is a historic Israel..you’ve read the Bible...you should know.

What is a 5 star church anyway? That is weird for me to think that there is some sort of rating system like that. I care about the truth being preached not the amenities.

I believe there are Biblical archaeological proof for the Bible but I don’t really follow it. I’m good with the Bible being the infallible truth and that people and places existed when God says they did. But that’s part of faith isn’t it? You have faith in the truth of God and His Word..walking by faith and not by sight.

And I think of this verse..
Ecclesiastes‬ ‭1:11‬ ‭
There is no remembrance of earlier things; And also of the later things which will occur, There will be for them no remembrance Among those who will come later still.​
‭‭

There sure is reason to believe that the book of revelation will happen...God said it will. You seem to have trust issues with God..but then I don’t think you actually believe God in what He says and how you can say you’re a Christian is beyond me at this point. You don’t believe the Bible, don’t believe the trinity, you need proof to believe anything. Don’t believe Jesus is God...how can you be saved? I have heard that seminary’s are a good way to lose your faith..

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I didn’t think I was deflecting by talking about how we are to live by faith not sight in response to you wanting an answer on why we don’t heal. Do we need to heal people? And yet Red mentioned that people can be healed with prayer. I personally think the healing was for the apostles in that time and I guess I don’t understand why this is such a big issue for you?

‭‭

The truth is the issue with those arguments and they matter. However I don’t see where it matters if Christians can heal people. That’s not the point of Christianity. The point is to be saved by grace through faith and once you’re saved to grow in Christ and share the Good News. Being a Christian doesn’t mean that you’re sinless or all your problems go away.

What is a 5 star church anyway? That is weird for me to think that there is some sort of rating system like that. I care about the truth being preached not the amenities.

I believe there are Biblical archaeological proof for the Bible but I don’t really follow it. I’m good with the Bible being the infallible truth and that people and places existed when God says they did. But that’s part of faith isn’t it? You have faith in the truth of God and His Word..walking by faith and not by sight.

There is no remembrance of earlier things; And also of the later things which will occur, There will be for them no remembrance Among those who will come later still.​
‭‭

There sure is reason to believe that the book of revelation will happen...God said it will. You seem to have trust issues with God..but then I don’t think you actually believe God in what He says and how you can say you’re a Christian is beyond me at this point. You don’t believe the Bible, don’t believe the trinity, you need proof to believe anything. Don’t believe Jesus is God...how can you be saved? I have heard that seminary’s are a good way to lose your faith..
I haven’t replied to the extraordinarily bold claims on “lack of historical substance” to Biblical claims yet. There are plenty of resources that provide ongoing documentation on hundreds of individual finds. I can provide links if anyone is interested as it is a subject I find fascinating!

The location of Mt Sinai is a great example of where new research meets tradition and doubt head on...

“There is a long-standing academic consensus that the story of the Exodus is entirely, or almost entirely, a myth.

This conclusion is partially based on research that assumes the traditional candidate for Mount Sinai in the southern part of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula is legitimate. Although some experts believe in the credibility of that tradition, many have come away disappointed with the evidence (or lack thereof) after a great deal of archaeological excavation in the area.

The result has been a widespread rejection of the historicity of the Exodus story and proposals for over a dozen other mountains as possible candidates for Mount Sinai. Some of these candidates are in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula, but others are further east in Saudi Arabia.”

If you have never seen this, watch it.

Further evidence is

rainerann

Star
I haven’t replied to the extraordinarily bold claims on “lack of historical substance” to Biblical claims yet. There are plenty of resources that provide ongoing documentation on hundreds of individual finds. I can provide links if anyone is interested as it is a subject I find fascinating!

The location of Mt Sinai is a great example of where new research meets tradition and doubt head on...

“There is a long-standing academic consensus that the story of the Exodus is entirely, or almost entirely, a myth.

This conclusion is partially based on research that assumes the traditional candidate for Mount Sinai in the southern part of Egypt's Sinai Peninsula is legitimate. Although some experts believe in the credibility of that tradition, many have come away disappointed with the evidence (or lack thereof) after a great deal of archaeological excavation in the area.

The result has been a widespread rejection of the historicity of the Exodus story and proposals for over a dozen other mountains as possible candidates for Mount Sinai. Some of these candidates are in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula, but others are further east in Saudi Arabia.”

If you have never seen this, watch it.

Further evidence is

Red, the widespread opinion that the exodus didn't happen is primarily due to the fact that within the significant amount of material documenting Egyptian history, there is nothing included about an exodus. That is the primary reason. It is always good to face things head on.

rainerann

Star

‭‭

‭‭

You're basically advocating dumbing down of our youth to protect your opinions on the Bible since they cannot be supported by external evidence. This is a major problem for me.

rainerann

Star
Books are being written on the history of Palestine and it is only a matter of time before this information becomes dominant.

This book was written in 2018. This book and numerous other books like it like have been released within the last few years, have the potential to be the future if the powers that be aren't able to implement their religious blending program before this because so many people are so stubborn about opening their eyes to the reality of history they need a babysitter to mediate. Then, they will complain about this babysitter as though they were victims when they could have chosen to pursue becoming educated in a way that would retain their own independence. Just sad really.

Palestine was always Palestine. It was never Israel. The historical fingerprint on the physical land shows that this is the reality as disappointing as this may be to many.

Lisa

Superstar
You're basically advocating dumbing down of our youth to protect your opinions on the Bible since they cannot be supported by external evidence. This is a major problem for me.
I’m not dumbing down anyone. If you’re gonna believe in God then you must believe God in His Word the Bible...its as simple as that.

Books are being written on the history of Palestine and it is only a matter of time before this information becomes dominant.

This book was written in 2018. This book and numerous other books like it like have been released within the last few years, have the potential to be the future if the powers that be aren't able to implement their religious blending program before this because so many people are so stubborn about opening their eyes to the reality of history they need a babysitter to mediate. Then, they will complain about this babysitter as though they were victims when they could have chosen to pursue becoming educated in a way that would retain their own independence. Just sad really.

Palestine was always Palestine. It was never Israel. The historical fingerprint on the physical land shows that this is the reality as disappointing as this may be to many.
Books can be written but doesn’t mean they are true. Do you believe in satan? If so..you might want to think about what a liar he is..the father of lies and why he would lie about God..

Vixy

Star

How can you believe that about Palestine? God said "The land is given to my people from me and shall never be divided" You sure youre a christian?

rainerann

Star
I’m not dumbing down anyone. If you’re gonna believe in God then you must believe God in His Word the Bible...its as simple as that.

Books can be written but doesn’t mean they are true. Do you believe in satan? If so..you might want to think about what a liar he is..the father of lies and why he would lie about God..
If you believe Satan is the father of lies, you might want to think about the claim of an ancient Israel when there is no evidence of such a thing because this is being revealed to be a lie in and of itself.

rainerann

Star
How can you believe that about Palestine? God said "The land is given to my people from me and shall never be divided" You sure youre a christian?
Vixy, it would be a good idea to not jump on bandwagons when you haven't read this book and I'm guessing you have never actually read the Bible all the way through either. When you have done even one of these things, then it would be a better time to have a discussion about these things.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Red, the widespread opinion that the exodus didn't happen is primarily due to the fact that within the significant amount of material documenting Egyptian history, there is nothing included about an exodus. That is the primary reason. It is always good to face things head on.
I went through a particularly testing time about seven years ago. It was entirely absent from my Facebook wall.