END TIMES - A thread for all christians

Lisa

Superstar
Why should we think that? For centuries the word of God was not available to the common man. Why would we think God cares more about making sure his word is knowable today then he did 500 years ago. The ability for the common man to have access to and read the Bible has only existed in the last 1/3 of the history of the Christian Church. For the first 1500 years of the Church the common person could not read the bible for themselves.

So if you are trying to convince us that it's not too hard for God to make sure we have a bible we can understand in our own language, how come he didn't seem to care about that for the first 1500 years of the Church?
I think that if that were true then there would be no Christians anywhere. Ya, the catholics locked up scripture for a time, but I also think that God was still able to save people. Then after a time the Bible was written in a language people could understand, the ironic thing being that people now say that’s the only Bible to read when they can’t fully understand its archaic language...

When God says He wants no one to perish but all to be saved..then He has to provide the way for people to know His word and what He says. That I can’t speak to how that happened, doesn’t mean that it didn’t. Which doesn’t mean that nowadays, we don’t have scripture, or that we don’t have Bible’s that we can learn from, we surely do.

Todd

Star
I think that if that were true then there would be no Christians anywhere. Ya, the catholics locked up scripture for a time, but I also think that God was still able to save people. Then after a time the Bible was written in a language people could understand, the ironic thing being that people now say that’s the only Bible to read when they can’t fully understand its archaic language...

When God says He wants no one to perish but all to be saved..then He has to provide the way for people to know His word and what He says. That I can’t speak to how that happened, doesn’t mean that it didn’t. Which doesn’t mean that nowadays, we don’t have scripture, or that we don’t have Bible’s that we can lean from, we surely do.
As usual you are missing the point. You were saying it's not necessary to use all the tools that are available to us to understand the original lanuguage because you claim God does whatever it takes to make sure the bible in your hands is sufficient. But your argument is not consistent with history as the Bible was not available to the common person for much longer than it has been.

On the day of resurrection I wonder what the people who had no access to the bible, but wish they had, will think of you, who had all these tools available to understand the original manuscripts, but were too lazy to use them.

Lisa

Superstar
As usual you are missing the point. You were saying it's not necessary to use all the tools that are available to us to understand the original lanuguage because you claim God does whatever it takes to make sure the bible in your hands is sufficient. But your argument is not consistent with history as the Bible was not available to the common person for much longer than it has been.

On the day of resurrection I wonder what the people who had no access to the bible, but wish they had, will think of you, who had all these tools available to understand the original manuscripts, but were too lazy to use them.
Hmmm..that is a conundrum..how could I have the Bible now if they didn’t have it then? Is that your point?
Or is it that you don’t think God can provide His own word? I don’t know enough about the times you are talking about to speak to them, but I do know that we have many Bible’s available to us now. Some are very good and some are false. One must be discerning to choose the best one.

I don’t see the problem with reading the NASB, I think that God can and does talk to me through it because..I’m not in this alone anyway.
John‬ ‭14:26‬ ‭
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.​
‭‭

Nine prophecies - seven complete in recent years, two immanent?

Nine prophecies - seven complete in recent years, two immanent?

Amen, I have preached and taught most of that before, I think even on this site. I did not know about the grapevines, but the land, after God had removed Judah and the tribe of Benjamin from Jerusalem, It was God who made the land desolate. (Ezek. 37:33-36) The first warning of God scattering the Jew is in (Deut. 28:63-68) I see the Holocaust in this prophecy. How blind the world is that (even those who have the Book) can not see God at work....But must admit, I seek God's return and wonder why He waits (The flesh), But I know in Spirit, all will be accompolished.

Vixy

Star
Amen, I have preached and taught most of that before, I think even on this site. I did not know about the grapevines, but the land, after God had removed Judah and the tribe of Benjamin from Jerusalem, It was God who made the land desolate. (Ezek. 37:33-36) The first warning of God scattering the Jew is in (Deut. 28:63-68) I see the Holocaust in this prophecy. How blind the world is that (even those who have the Book) can not see God at work....But must admit, I seek God's return and wonder why He waits (The flesh), But I know in Spirit, all will be accompolished.
It has to reach a certain level of chaos before he steps in to truly show all mankind how life without obeying his laws will be.

Latest in:

My country is waking up:

Last edited:

Vixy

Star

So theyre educating the priests in Jerusalem for the coming temple and another red heifer on top of that plus the temple is ready and just needs clearance and then we have the sacrifices that have started already with grains. Interesting..

Last edited: