END TIMES - A thread for all christians

Vixy

Star

It's not just the elite anymore, this child sacrifice shit's spreading and as he says "This is not part of our culture, this is something new" Yeah, its demonic. The bible says "What you do to the little ones, you do to me" Therefore..

Wigi

Veteran
"The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up."
Revelation 8:7

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/huge-wildfires-in-the-arctic-and-far-north-send-a-planetary-warning

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-amazon-is-burning-at-a-record-rate-and-parts-were-intentionally-set-alight

2019 has the highest number of fires observed in a single year since researchers began keeping track in 2013 – and there are still four months to go.

Axl888

Established
"The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up."
Revelation 8:7

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/huge-wildfires-in-the-arctic-and-far-north-send-a-planetary-warning

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-amazon-is-burning-at-a-record-rate-and-parts-were-intentionally-set-alight

2019 has the highest number of fires observed in a single year since researchers began keeping track in 2013 – and there are still four months to go.

I think we are still in the 3rd seal (Rev. 6:5-6), the 4th seal (Rev. 6:7-8) which I believe still yet to be opened might be a terrible war (perhaps WW3) and all the horrors after such war as one fourth of the earth will die.

Lisa

Superstar
I think its interesting how he thinks it all ties in with the end times mark of the beast, so I’m putting it here.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

It's around 4 minutes and includes an interesting take on the original translation of "the great falling away".
Joshua 24:14-15 King James Version (KJV)

14 Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord.

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Robin

Veteran
Joshua 24:14-15 King James Version (KJV)

14 Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord.

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Distinctions are getting sharper and sharper nowadays.

Lisa

Superstar

It's around 4 minutes and includes an interesting take on the original translation of "the great falling away".
Lol!! WoW! He really worked that one..
There is only one falling away and that is from the faith..
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4:1‬ ‭
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.​

The other stuff happening is the increase in lawlessness..
Matthew‬ ‭24:12‬ ‭
Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.
‭‭

Lisa

Superstar
I found the story interesting in that they are baking the bread that will eventually be baked in the new temple..if only they could get that spotless red heifer...
The museum talking about the defense of Israel to which the reporter seems to have doubts about. And the last searching for archaeological history in the ruins, it was the first part, the bread for the temple that caught my eye.

With the aid of the “Love Love Israel” website that recommends places for “Anglo-Israelis and tourists” to visit – a site, I was told, that’s for people who not only love Israel, but love-love Israel – I found myself, for example, at the Saidel Artisan Baking Institute in the West Bank settlement of Karnei Shomron. This is where you go to learn how to prepare the breads that were be offered up in the Temple. “For the first time in 2,000 years,” the website declares, “you have a unique opportunity to take part in a LIVE reconstruction of how they baked breads in the Beit Hamikdash (Temple).”

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium.MAGAZINE-baking-sacramental-bread-and-bombing-enemy-suvs-patriot-s-guide-to-fun-in-israe-1.7804313

Robin

Veteran
Lol!! WoW! He really worked that one..
There is only one falling away and that is from the faith..
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭4:1‬ ‭
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons.​

The other stuff happening is the increase in lawlessness..
Matthew‬ ‭24:12‬ ‭
Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.
‭‭
Quick question, have you ever considered looking at the original languages the scriptures were written in? They convey a far greater depth of meaning than the watered-down English translations.

Lisa

Superstar
Quick question, have you ever considered looking at the original languages the scriptures were written in? They convey a far greater depth of meaning than the watered-down English translations.
I’m good with the nasb, I think its a good translation. I think we can get too caught up in what we think is the better and forget that we already have it. God wouldn’t leave people with only false or watered down translations and I do trust God in that.

Robin

Veteran
I’m good with the nasb, I think its a good translation. I think we can get too caught up in what we think is the better and forget that we already have it. God wouldn’t leave people with only false or watered down translations and I do trust God in that.
I believe that God made sure enough was given as necessary for salvation in the English translations. But for those of us who are able to "study and show ourselves approved", there is a much more nuanced and profound meaning to the Word. The bible was not originally written in English and as any speaker of multiple languages will tell you, it's virtually impossible to directly translate tone and nuance from one language to another. It CAN effect the meaning and while I don't think this changes the most vital scriptures, engagement with these allow for greater knowledge of God's word. Which is what you should have if you intend on making out you know better than others on topics you haven't even looked into.

Lisa

Superstar
I believe that God made sure enough was given as necessary for salvation in the English translations. But for those of us who are able to "study and show ourselves approved", there is a much more nuanced and profound meaning to the Word. The bible was not originally written in English and as any speaker of multiple languages will tell you, it's virtually impossible to directly translate tone and nuance from one language to another. It CAN effect the meaning and while I don't think this changes the most vital scriptures, engagement with these allow for greater knowledge of God's word. Which is what you should have if you intend on making out you know better than others on topics you haven't even looked into.
No the Bible was not originally written in English that’s for sure. But it was written in the language that people spoke at the time wasn’t it? Did you ever wonder why that was? So people could understand the word. Don’t ya think that God would make sure that people nowadays could know the Bible too and make sure that it’s in the language we know now? I mean...is that too hard for God?

Robin

Veteran
No the Bible was not originally written in English that’s for sure. But it was written in the language that people spoke at the time wasn’t it? Did you ever wonder why that was? So people could understand the word. Don’t ya think that God would make sure that people nowadays could know the Bible too and make sure that it’s in the language we know now? I mean...is that too hard for God?
Please reread what I wrote. You don't seem to understand it.

Todd

Star
Don’t ya think that God would make sure that people nowadays could know the Bible too and make sure that it’s in the language we know now? I mean...is that too hard for God?
Why should we think that? For centuries the word of God was not available to the common man. Why would we think God cares more about making sure his word is knowable today then he did 500 years ago. The ability for the common man to have access to and read the Bible has only existed in the last 1/3 of the history of the Christian Church. For the first 1500 years of the Church the common person could not read the bible for themselves.

So if you are trying to convince us that it's not too hard for God to make sure we have a bible we can understand in our own language, how come he didn't seem to care about that for the first 1500 years of the Church?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Put another way, both Greek and Hebrew contain meanings within words (and even hidden word-plays) which unlock more of the meaning than might be apparent from the English translation. When we study, it is often worth digging into the original languages.

E.g. C.S. Lewis did a good exegesis on the four Greek words for “love”.

Lisa

Superstar
Please reread what I wrote. You don't seem to understand it.
I think I understood what you said..that the Bible was given just enough info in the English translations for salvation, but little for anything else. That’s what you said right? To go deeper you think you need to read the original texts in the original language. When that’s not true either.

When we are saved, our relationship to God is restored, and the Holy Spirit comes into our hearts and teaches us what we need to know. Its always about God’s leading. I don’t think you need to study the scriptures in the original language to understand God on a deeper level. From my experience, God teaches us in ways we could never have expected and in ways we don’t often understand or like very much at the time. I think that people get too caught up in they have to instead of God does it. One only has to ask God bring me deeper, or like I did, please I would like a deep and abiding relationship with you. Then you will get what you ask for, but in ways you couldn’t have known possible or could have foreseen...