END TIMES - A thread for all christians

Vixy

Star
I think there are beings that are on a higher spiritual plane than we are but are infinitely less than God. They have been worshipped as “gods” through the centuries, but they are not the same class of being as God. (That’s how I understand it anyway)...

Hmm, confusing. He means that we "make" them gods by worshipping them right? Not that they are ACTUAL gods..?

Lisa

Superstar
I would guess its Allah then, yeah. I had no idea the bible actually says there are other gods. Seems wrong somehow..
There are false gods all through the Bible. When God tells the Israelites not to go after their gods..he means their false gods. There is only the one God.

Dalit

Star
Hmm I have a problem with that..The bible basically acknowledges that there are other Gods? Or it means we see them like gods but theyre not..right? Stupid question, sorry.
The nations had their own little gods (Philistines, etc), people can make their own idol gods (see Isaiah and Judges about idol carving, how funny it is because from the same block of wood one uses to keep warm with fire in the fireplace, one can also make an idol to bow down to), altar to an unknown god (Acts 17:23), Gentile believers are to avoid sexual immorality and food sacrificed to idols (other gods, also in Acts 15:28-29). Little gods/idols are all over the Bible. Yet today's idols may be technology (this phone can be an idol, Internet, Netflix, etc), relationships (and half to most of them aren't even worth idolizing), money, sex, etc. Some see one-eye symbols (I do, too), but I see idols everywhere and see what tends to ensnare me as an idol. Sobering reality.

Axl888

Established
Due links posted on this thread, lately I have started to watch and listen to Jan Markell, Jack Hibbs, Don Stewart, Amir Tsarfati and the likes talking about end times prophesies...In general, I believe they have been telling the truth according to the prophesies in the Bible, but I was surprised to hear Jack Hibbs saying something about Syria in one episode of his program (with Jan Markell), he said something like God could have used ISIS (or the civil war) to save Christians in Syria as most Syrian Christians fled the country (to Europe or somewhere else), do you agree? And another thing is the one about if Trump pulls out the US forces from Syria, the US government according to him will probably hire mercenaries to fight Syria/Russia/Iran/Turkey in behalf of US...that could be true and he seems to really support this idea, but doesn't it sounds too sinister for a preacher to say such things?

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Due links posted on this thread, lately I have started to watch and listen to Jan Markell, Jack Hibbs, Don Stewart, Amir Tsarfati and the likes talking about end times prophesies...In general, I believe they have been telling the truth according to the prophesies in the Bible, but I was surprised to hear Jack Hibbs saying something about Syria in one episode of his program (with Jan Markell), he said something like God could have used ISIS (or the civil war) to save Christians in Syria as most Syrian Christians fled the country (to Europe or somewhere else), do you agree? And another thing is the one about if Trump pulls out the US forces from Syria, the US government according to him will probably hire mercenaries to fight Syria/Russia/Iran/Turkey in behalf of US...that could be true and he seems to really support this idea, but doesn't it sounds too sinister for a preacher to say such things?
First..are those Christians actually catholics? I think it’s good to know but others here don’t agree with that. Why would God use isis? Not having heard the program I have a hard time following what the guy is teaching.

I’ve tried to listen to Jan but she is pre trib and that colors everything she does, so I don’t listen to her program.

Axl888

Established
First..are those Christians actually catholics? I think it’s good to know but others here don’t agree with that. Why would God use isis? Not having heard the program I have a hard time following what the guy is teaching.

I’ve tried to listen to Jan but she is pre trib and that colors everything she does, so I don’t listen to her program.
This is what I was referring to, see the video link below

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
...I was surprised to hear Jack Hibbs saying something about Syria in one episode of his program (with Jan Markell), he said something like God could have used ISIS (or the civil war) to save Christians in Syria as most Syrian Christians fled the country (to Europe or somewhere else), do you agree?
Read Habakkuk 1...

The Lord’s Reply

5 “Look among the nations and watch—
Be utterly astounded!
For I will work a work in your days
Which you would not believe, though it were told you.
6 For indeed I am raising up the Chaldeans,

[ancient location indicated]

CE5A0613-9632-4D76-B923-EA2380B760A9.jpeg

A bitter and hasty nation
Which marches through the breadth of the earth,
To possess dwelling places that are not theirs.
7 They are terrible and dreadful;
Their judgment and their dignity proceed from themselves.
8 Their horses also are swifter than leopards,
And more fierce than evening wolves.
Their chargers charge ahead;
Their cavalry comes from afar;
They fly as the eagle that hastens to eat.
9 “They all come for violence;
Their faces are set like the east wind.
They gather captives like sand.
10 They scoff at kings,
And princes are scorned by them.
They deride every stronghold,
For they heap up earthen mounds and seize it.
11 Then his mind changes, and he transgresses;
He commits offense,
Ascribing this power to his god.”

To the wider question as to whether God might use bad people (and their free choices) to fulfil His plan, I think there are some good biblical examples of it - look at Josephs jealous brothers throwing him in a pit, look at Pharaoh and the way God delivered the Israelites.

Romans 8:28 (KJV)

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

The “all things” include things that are good, and work to the good, and truly evil things, but God so intervenes that unintended good ends up coming from it.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
This is what I was referring to, see the video link below

Can’t believe I watched all that! Yikes!! Jack gushing over Jan Markell like that? And she lets him?

This guy thinks he knows what he’s talking about. My brother used to go to a Calvary chapel..he was so excited to go to a prophecy conference but left his church when it was told to people that Calvary chapel only espouses pre trib and if you don’t like it you can leave. His pastor was pre wrath until that conference and went along with them.

Does God have to send isis to get Christians out of Syria? Why doesn’t He just have them leave? And again...are those actual Christians there or catholics? That is a legitimate question. Why won’t people be truthful about it? I think they are catholics.

The whole thing about the special ops thing has me scratching my head too..he seems to be for it. How many times do they say they don’t know things ..exactly! We all know the same things at this point. So why are people gushing over that lady?

They found the red heifer? Actually no not yet, they have red heifer candidates but they so far haven’t found a spotless one. I think that’s why they haven’t tried to make the temple happen, but when they get that spotless heifer, they will push hard for a temple. They have everything else ready. I think that’s where the treaty comes up, honestly. How else can they put a temple on the Temple Mount next to the mosque there...heck the Jews are barely allowed on the Temple Mount as it is.

I think the antichrist will be talking peace and prosperity because the world will be a mess and people will want to do the things he says. I think the seals will be opened before the last part of the tribulation and may be one reason that the anti gets in.

Turkey has taken a hard muslim turn with erdogan...they are no longer secular Turkey. Trump may be a respite from what coming since there is no one like him to take his place...but let’s not worship the man, he has false christian teachers surrounding him and advising him.

Reminds me of why I don’t listen to her...and I don’t have a good opinion of Jack either.

Edit: I almost forgot..what’s up with occupy till He comes?

Last edited:

Todd

Star
Not a stupid question :)
The Bible does say there are other gods...small g. There is only one true God and a lot of false gods that people made up and called god.

The foreign god that the anti uses obviously is not the God, Yahweh. Could the foreign god be allah? He could definitely use the muslims to fight against the strongest of fortresses.
So is the God of the Jews the real God or a false god with a little "g"?

Lisa

Superstar
So is the God of the Jews the real God or a false god with a little "g"?
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the real God. Though, like I said, they rejected Jesus and have gone away from God for a little while. God is still their God though...He did make that everlasting covenant.

Vixy

Star
The nations had their own little gods (Philistines, etc), people can make their own idol gods (see Isaiah and Judges about idol carving, how funny it is because from the same block of wood one uses to keep warm with fire in the fireplace, one can also make an idol to bow down to), altar to an unknown god (Acts 17:23), Gentile believers are to avoid sexual immorality and food sacrificed to idols (other gods, also in Acts 15:28-29). Little gods/idols are all over the Bible. Yet today's idols may be technology (this phone can be an idol, Internet, Netflix, etc), relationships (and half to most of them aren't even worth idolizing), money, sex, etc. Some see one-eye symbols (I do, too), but I see idols everywhere and see what tends to ensnare me as an idol. Sobering reality.
Yea, thats what I thought... Thats why the bible calls them Gods but they arent Gods.

Todd

Star
The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is the real God. Though, like I said, they rejected Jesus and have gone away from God for a little while. God is still their God though...He did make that everlasting covenant.
And Muslims worship the same God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They might not believe everything that you believe about Jesus Lisa, but at least Muslims, respect, honor and believe he is the Messiah like the Bible says he is, versus the Jews who curse Jesus and hate him.

You really are judging based on a double standard here.

Lisa

Superstar
And Muslims worship the same God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They might not believe everything that you believe about Jesus Lisa, but at least Muslims, respect, honor and believe he is the Messiah like the Bible says he is, versus the Jews who curse Jesus and hate him.

You really are judging based on a double standard here.
No muslims actually don’t, they worship a different god. They reject Jesus is God the Son and so reject God.
1 John 5:10
The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.​

Ya, it’s unfortunate that the Jews still reject Jesus, but they will again believe...so that’s good.
Zechariah 12:10
I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.​

God is not done with His chosen people.

Romans‬ ‭11:1-2, 11‬ ‭
I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew.

I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous.​
‭‭they stumbled and it was good for us...

Todd

Star
No muslims actually don’t, they worship a different god. They reject Jesus is God the Son and so reject God.
1 John 5:10​

The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.​

Ya, it’s unfortunate that the Jews still reject Jesus, but they will again believe...so that’s good.
Zechariah 12:10​

I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.​

God is not done with His chosen people.

Romans‬ ‭11:1-2, 11‬ ‭​

I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew.​

I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous.​
‭‭they stumbled and it was good for us...
Like I said double standard of judgement. Clearly in your eyes they both reject Jesus (though Muslim's do not reject Jesus, just your trinitarian view of him). Yet you use Muslim's rejection of Jesus as the reason they don't worship the same God as you, but the Jews who reject and curse Jesus, you claim still worship the same God. You then claim the difference is God's not done with the Jews, but who are you to say God's not done with the Muslims? Their are prophecies in the Bible about the descendants of Ishmael also...why do you not believe or put stock in those prophecies. The bible says Ishmael means "God hears"....so who are you to say God does not hear the prayers of a Muslim, even if they do not believe exactly the same things you do?

Lisa

Superstar
Like I said double standard of judgement. Clearly in your eyes they both reject Jesus (though Muslim's do not reject Jesus, just your trinitarian view of him). Yet you use Muslim's rejection of Jesus as the reason they don't worship the same God as you, but the Jews who reject and curse Jesus, you claim still worship the same God. You then claim the difference is God's not done with the Jews, but who are you to say God's not done with the Muslims? Their are prophecies in the Bible about the descendants of Ishmael also...why do you not believe or put stock in those prophecies. The bible says Ishmael means "God hears"....so who are you to say God does not hear the prayers of a Muslim, even if they do not believe exactly the same things you do?
Muslims deny Jesus as the Son of God...that’s a big difference right there. Though a muslim could become a Christian and believe on Jesus as the Son, I’m not saying that couldn’t happen. Then they would believe the same God. But we’re talking Christian not catholic.

Ishmael being a wild ass of a man, fighting with everyone..that’s what God said about him, seems to be very accurate.

Todd

Star
Muslims deny Jesus as the Son of God...that’s a big difference right there.
Difference to what. Jews deny Jesus as the Son of God also. Like I said you are applying a double standard.
Though a muslim could become a Christian and believe on Jesus as the Son, I’m not saying that couldn’t happen. Then they would believe the same God. But we’re talking Christian not catholic.
So why don't you use that same standard for the Jews? They don't beleive Jesus is the Son of God, so how can you say they believe or worship the same God as you? You are once again showing you are lacking in basic logic and reasoning skills.
Ishmael being a wild ass of a man, fighting with everyone..that’s what God said about him, seems to be very accurate.
Genesis 17:20, RSV. “As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him and make him fruitful and multiply him exceedingly; he shall be the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.”

Do I need to start listing all prophecies about Israel being stubborn and unfaithful to God? Again you just prove that you have a double standard when it comes to Jews and Muslims, since Mulsims don't fit into your end times fantasy.

Lisa

Superstar
Difference to what. Jews deny Jesus as the Son of God also. Like I said you are applying a double standard.

So why don't you use that same standard for the Jews? They don't beleive Jesus is the Son of God, so how can you say they believe or worship the same God as you? You are once again showing you are lacking in basic logic and reasoning skills.

Genesis 17:20, RSV. “As for Ishmael, I have heard you; behold, I will bless him and make him fruitful and multiply him exceedingly; he shall be the father of twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.”

Do I need to start listing all prophecies about Israel being stubborn and unfaithful to God? Again you just prove that you have a double standard when it comes to Jews and Muslims, since Mulsims don't fit into your end times fantasy.
The Jews are God’s chosen people and Issac was the son of promise. Ishmael was sent away and wasn’t part of the promise....unless like I said they become Christians and just like the rest of us gentiles, get grafted in.

Otherwise, the seed of Ishmael isn’t part of the covenant, God was the one that made an everlasting covenant with Abraham, passed to Issac and then to Jacob. God was always about bringing His people back to Him when they sinned against Him and this time it’s no different.

Lisa

Superstar

The sacrifices have started.
I thought they were learning to sacrifice..
I didn’t see where the heifers were confirmed to be spotless, I must have missed that. I also don’t think the great tribulation has started otherwise the temple would be built. And Idk what a blood moon has to do with anything?

Last edited: