END TIMES - A thread for all christians

TokiEl

Superstar
Amongst all the talk, events on the world stage continue mirror the state the world would be in before the time of "Jacob's Trouble"*
I hope for the sake of the Jews that they have already experienced Jacob's Trouble. What could top the Holocaust ?

TokiEl

Superstar
I was listening to Rabbi Jeremy Gimpel today and he said that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil represents "what's in it for me?" In other words, knowledge to better oneself or to be self-centered, even lustful. Found that to be an interesting take on it.

Also, when Adam and Eve saw that they were naked, shame entered in. They felt shame. Before, when everything was fine and peaceful, they didn't care that they were naked. They didn't even know what naked was. That's another part of the story that shame was now introduced to God's first two people. He didn't want them to know shame. Wouldn't the world be better off without shame? Just a thought.
I imagine Adam and Eve as two grown ups with the innocence of little children who suddenly grew up.

Dalit

Star
Christian blog which helps me to be up to date with current events spending just few minutes per day, awesome work she is doing. Mainly focused on US and Israel.

Running from Babylon
This is good, @Vytas . Thanks! Like the article linked mentioning Isaiah 30 (The Great Apostasy one). Heard a friend speak on Isaiah 30 in my late-20s and it woke me up to all the stuff I was doing, thinking I had God's blessing on it, but it was really to make me feel significant and not really looking to the source of significance, God/YHVH. It woke me up or started a process of waking me up and convicted another friend, but my friend appeared to do nothing about it. There's a lot we can do in our own strength and power, but if it's not in His power, then what good really is it?

Vytas

Star
Great article it has a sense of urgency to it. Some things makes as feeling uncomfortable, force us to examine our motivations. That can be so unpleasant. Price to achieve spiritual maturity is high.
In my own strength and power I can't do shit, can't even resist sin. Either we do it His way leaning humbleness and trust in process and building relationship with Him. Or we are going to the wrong direction, that simple.

Dalit

Star
Great article it has a sense of urgency to it. Some things makes as feeling uncomfortable, force us to examine our motivations. That can be so unpleasant. Price to achieve spiritual maturity is high.
In my own strength and power I can't do shit, can't even resist sin. Either we do it His way leaning humbleness and trust in process and building relationship with Him. Or we are going to the wrong direction, that simple.
So true. Yet in my competence and perfectionism, I give myself way too much credit sometimes. Like competence isn't also from Him. Oh, how He loves us. He knows how stubborn we can be and loves us in spite of us. :)

Vixy

Star
Something just struck me though: What if when Macron gets to back down (there are rumours of a reelection now) they put in the antichrist? He is said to bring peace at first so if these protests spread worldwide, and he is put in and it stops.. He'll look like the greatest guy ever. Thats one hell of a start.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
As those who are aware of the times we live in, it struck me that God preserved the letter of Paul to Timothy for US:-

We do well to take care what company we keep in the approach to the return of Jesus.

Perilous Times and Perilous Men
3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Something just struck me though: What if when Macron gets to back down (there are rumours of a reelection now) they put in the antichrist? He is said to bring peace at first so if these protests spread worldwide, and he is put in and it stops.. He'll look like the greatest guy ever. Thats one hell of a start.
As in, cause chaos behind the scenes then step in to fix it? Thats the way "New Age" healing works, so I guess it would be part of Satan's playbook!

Vixy

Star
As those who are aware of the times we live in, it struck me that God preserved the letter of Paul to Timothy for US:-

We do well to take care what company we keep in the approach to the return of Jesus.

Perilous Times and Perilous Men
3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!
I LIVE by this. If you guys knew how many friends I have cut the cord with.. Hard to find good people in the end times. I'm glad I know you people. <3

Damien50

Star

Damien50

Star
Bet you laughed when you saw it, right? I couldnt help but loling. :D
It just confirmed everything I keep hearing and saying. People are going to think this is harmless but it it's blatant confusion directed at our children.

Damien50

Star
We are currently living out the consequences of the nonsense the sixties brought on us. Moving towards racial reconciliation and opening eyes to the horror of racism are of the few blessings we have as a result of that era.
Yeah we've become cognizant of racism but people still don't understand the extent of what that racism, classicism, and ultimately slavery did on an economic, social, and spiritual level. People feel we are becoming more progressive and in a worldly sense I can understand but spiritually we are dying. There's a rise, a return to the old ways, in paganism with shows like the new Sabrina using actual satanic rituals for 'authenticity'.

Interesting thing on the sixties it's the origin of the peace sign and it's representation of a broken cross which was further mutilated by the LGBT movement when they perverted the promise of the rainbow from God and applied to the peace sign. I don't see any progress but I see individuals ignorantly trying to fix spiritual issues through worldly means and failing fantastically while continuing to mock God.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Trump plans to pull the US military out of Syria. Soon.

A vacuum will be left, to be filled by Russia, Iran and Turkey. Who knows what events this turn in events might trigger.