END TIMES - A thread for all christians

rainerann

Star
As i type the confederacy in Ezekiel 38 which will attack Israel and infuriate God are already amassing along the northern border of Israel who has been bombing Iranian bases in Syria as a preventive measure before the inevitable showdown of war between Israel and the GogMagog confederacy.

It's much later than most think.
It's funny that you should quote Ezekiel because it is the book of Ezekiel that strongly supports the theory that the state of Israel is not the original location of the descendents of Abraham through Jacob, otherwise known as "Israel."

Ezekiel 29 to 30 gives a prophecy concerning Egypt. For one, it says in Ezekiel 29:9 that the land will become a desolation. Whether Egypt has had authority over the land or has been subject to another authority, the land has never been desolated. Apparently, the land would be desolated for 40 years and the egyptians would be scattered (Ezekiel 29:13). Egpyt has never experienced any period where there has been a recognizable exodus until the last century. Through wars and whatever, these people have never been inclined to seek their shelter in another location.

It also says that Egypt would become the possesion of Babylon, which never happened. It was the Assyrians who became an authority over Egpyt. While people try to defend that this is accurate because for a period of time Egypt paid tribute to Babylon, this is not exactly what the verse is saying about how Egypt would be given to the Babylon. It appears to have been given to Assyria.

Ezekiel 30:23 also says that the Egyptians would be scattered and again there is no record of migration from Egpyt to other locations. Also again in Ezekiel 30:26 it says that the Egyptians would be scattered.

There is another problem with the description of the judgement towards Tyre in Ezekiel 28. It says in verse 13, "you were in Eden, the garden of God...on the day that you were created." It is interesting to note that if this is referring to Tyre, it could be describing a different location rather than a comparison to Satan.

Interestingly enough, we know that the tigris and the Euphrates run into the Persian gulf and are the rivers described that flow from Eden where several ancient cities were actually desolated so that they are no longer known by their former identities including Babylon, Elam, and the Akkadian empire just to name a few that could actually be the original location that this verse is describing.

As you can see, Tyre that we know as Tyre is no where any of these desolated locations that were once near the rivers mentioned in the description of Eden from Genesis 2.

In addition to this, it is already very well established that there is no evidence of an exodus that took place in Egypt. There is no historical evidence that Israel was ever identified as Israel throughout history. According to the book The Legend of the Septuagint, there is no record of any Jews or Hebrew people in the land of Egpyt until around the time that the Septuagint was made.

On the other hand, there are stories from ancient Mesopotamia, that line up completely with the Bible including the Epic of Gilgamesh, the story of Sargon, the Hammarabi code, finally leading to an exile of the Akkadian empire.

So what is likely to have happened is that around the time of the desolation and captivity of a people who carried the Bible with them, there was a conversion because of the rewards listed for the practice of it. This would explain why the Septuagint has a mystical story of 70 elders who trascribed the text verbatim without knowing how the other was translating the text.

This history of conversion has always been known to us, but isn't recognized often because we know for a long time that King Herod is a descendent of Edomites who were Jewish converts. Forget the conversion of the Khazars. There has always been a conversion from before this that we have known about but rarely credit as the reason that Jesus referred to these same converts as a synogogue of Satan.

This is how the land became known as Israel, because they were not been able to identify the original location or return to this location yet, and it is why there is no evidence that the land that we call Israel was ever called Israel before this.

Finally, in Ezekiel 36:3-5

"This is what the Lord God says: Because they have made you desolate and have trampled you from every side, so that you became a possession for the rest of the nations and an object of people’s gossip and slander, 4 therefore, mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God. This is what the Lord God says to the mountains and hills, to the ravines and valleys, to the desolate ruins and abandoned cities, which have become plunder and a mockery to the rest of the nations all around.

5 “This is what the Lord God says: Certainly in My burning zeal I speak against the rest of the nations and all of Edom, who took[a] My land as their own possession with wholehearted rejoicing and utter contempt so that its pastureland became[b] plunder."

The first bolded section supports what I am saying because it says that land will be restored from desolate ruins and abandoned cities. The area we call Israel/Palestine was not been a desolated ruin or abadoned city to restore. If it were, we would not be arguing over Palestine and Israel so much. We argue over this issue entirely because the Jews did not return to a desolate place. It was not an abandoned city. In fact, it had several times more people than the state of Israel began with.

At the moment, it is likely that in another 20 years, there will be several locations in an ancient Sumerian location that would fit this description. Large parts of Iraq are completely desolate and abadoned. In addition to this, Yemen would also fit this description better than the region known as Israel/Palestine. If there is to be a restoration of a physical location, this is not it. This is deception and believing that it is not deception would qualify as apostacy.

I bolded the second part because it speaks about judgement towards Edom, and I am saying that there was a conversion from Edom proven at least by king Herod's geneology that is likely what Christ was referencing when he called them Jews who claim to be Jews, but are not (Revelation 3:9). Therefore, when the state of Israel comes to an end, it is likely that an angel with say Babylon has fallen on that day (Revelation 18:2).

In conclusion, I think the Bible is telling a different story than what you are saying here, and we should be listening to it. I believe in the accuracy of scripture because I have seen the power of the resurrection in my life and as you can see, I have formed my conclusions with the description of the locations mentioned in the Bible. I don't agree with the conclusions that you are making and more than likely, I will not agree with anything you will respond with. However, I still feel a responsibility to share this. God bless.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I think the identity of true national Israel, the correct prophetic timeline and the nature our own eschatological perspectives will have the evening news to compare with before very much longer.

Habakkuk 1:5 New King James Version (NKJV)

The Lord’s Reply
5 “Look among the nations and watch—
Be utterly astounded!
For I will work a work in your days
Which you would not believe, though it were told you.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A good resource, mirrored from another site:-

"I also want to introduce you guys to a another site to check out from time to time. It's called "What Will Happen? Bible Prophecy from around the Web." Our brother Mark who started it is a reader of this site and has created a great system of sharing important videos. He asks the Holy Spirt to discern which videos to share, and through that process adds them to his very well laid out site. Here is how he described it:

I have started a video index website myself - whatwillhappen.info - which is just a list of good Bible prophecy video’s to watch. I was recommending so many video’s to my friends at church that I decided to just point them to a website instead.
I was very impressed with what Mark has put together and plan to check it often. I hope you guys do as well. Thanks for all the work brother!"

Todd

Star
The riots in Paris where several people died. An 11 hour long inferno.
End times, people! "There shall be riots and protests in city after city"
Because there have never been riots and protests in the previous 2000 years?

rainerann

Star
It wouldn’t matter because there is no verse about increasing protests in every city. I’m assuming the quotation marks were either an error or there is some confusion with the verse about how there will be wars and rumors of wars (Matthew 24:6)

I mean, it is fine to try to say that protests will be present in the end. It just isn’t something you can try to say that you are directly quoting from the Bible.

Vixy

Star
It wouldn’t matter because there is no verse about increasing protests in every city. I’m assuming the quotation marks were either an error or there is some confusion with the verse about how there will be wars and rumors of wars (Matthew 24:6)

I mean, it is fine to try to say that protests will be present in the end. It just isn’t something you can try to say that you are directly quoting from the Bible.
2 Timothy 3:1-5ESV / 317
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Do you REALLY need perilious times to be spelled out for you as in amongst everything else that going on RIOTS would be one of them or are you messing with me? I doubt anyone's that unintelligent, Colonel.

Btw Colonel;

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised?

2 Peter 3:3ESV / 12
Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.

Vixy

Star
Never as much and often as now, no.

Why is it that whenever one writes something biblical in here, one gets jumped? It's almost as if evil is lurking around the corner, ready to attack. You do know that this also proves what times we're in..? Scoffers with no respect for Gods words. If you dislike him so much, why bother reading a thread like this? Why not just avoid it?

Hatred against God is very serious.

rainerann

Star
2 Timothy 3:1-5ESV / 317
But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

Do you REALLY need perilious times to be spelled out for you as in amongst everything else that going on RIOTS would be one of them or are you messing with me? I doubt anyone's that unintelligent, Colonel.

Btw Colonel;

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised?

Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires.
Maybe you need to slow your role a little bit and check yourself first. What you are saying is fine. I said that it was fine to say this was a demonstration of the end times. Next time drop the quotations marks that made it seem like you were quoting the Bible...like I said. Slow down. Read carefully. Respond.

You said, "There shall be riots and protests in city after city". With the quotation marks and I said this wasn’t a direct quote from the Bible like your response further proves. This is not something quoted from the Bible otherwise you would be able to point this out.

Acting like you are yelling with bold print instead of backtracking where the subject started, which is when you may have accidentally placed quotation marks where they didn’t belong even if you didn’t do it on purpose. This is what I was actually responding to. Absolutely ridiculous. You have just said nothing that I didn’t already say, which somehow went over your head when you responded with what you wanted to see.

Btw Colonel;

Make sure you do the @ in front of Colonel Valerio so I can get when you mention me.

All I said was that the end can hurry up and get here, which is fine with me. I also said that every group of believers has believed the end is near, which is true.

To be honest I don’t care about eschatology at all, whatever is going to happen is going to and is beyond my control, so why worry about it?

I’ve realized that all I can do now is treat people well and help others, and work to make up for all the shitty things I’ve done in my first 30 years with whatever time I have left.

Vixy

Star
Make sure you do the @ in front of Colonel Valerio so I can get when you mention me.

All I said was that the end can hurry up and get here, which is fine with me. I also said that every group of believers has believed the end is near, which is true.

To be honest I don’t care about eschatology at all, whatever is going to happen is going to and is beyond my control, so why worry about it?

I’ve realized that all I can do now is treat people well and help others, and work to make up for all the shitty things I’ve done in my first 30 years with whatever time I have left.
Yeah I agree with you there, many have thought it was the end before. During my 41 years of life though, I have never seen a world as it is now and spiralling downwards so fast either. I'm not scared . I long for the end, it'll be a liberation I have been waiting on for decades.

Did you see the french riots btw? I feel bad for them bc they set their own territory on fire when they should have directed it towards the ones behind it; the globalists. But finding them in their bunkers is an impossible task so one understands them. The anger needs to come out somewhere.

Vixy

Star
Maybe you need to slow your role a little bit and check yourself first. What you are saying is fine. I said that it was fine to say this was a demonstration of the end times. Next time drop the quotations marks that made it seem like you were quoting the Bible...like I said. Slow down. Read carefully. Respond.

You said, "There shall be riots and protests in city after city". With the quotation marks and I said this wasn’t a direct quote from the Bible like your response further proves. This is not something quoted from the Bible otherwise you would be able to point this out.

Acting like you are yelling with bold print instead of backtracking where the subject started, which is when you may have accidentally placed quotation marks where they didn’t belong even if you didn’t do it on purpose. This is what I was actually responding to. Absolutely ridiculous. You have just said nothing that I didn’t already say, which somehow went over your head when you responded with what you wanted to see.
..Maybe if you make your post a bit less complicated and hard to grasp I can reply..?

Todd

Star
A long time ago I was determined to understand eschatology. I studied and read and prayed and studied and read and prayed even more and still couldn't make sense of it. I would read a book on one theory and think it sounded convincing, then would read another that was totally contradictory and think that made sense also. I tried putting the pieces together myself, but unfortunately it was difficult to lay aside the theories I had already studied and would continually catch myself reading them into the Bible passages I was trying to study. I knew they all couldn't be right. The final conclusion I came to is that they are all most likely wrong.

When you look back at all the prophecy in the OT no one ever used it to predict what would happen in the future. Prophecy is never understood until after it is fulfilled. The whole nation of Israel missed the coming of their Messiah because when he came it didn't look at all like they were expecting it to. When Daniel propehesied about the coming kingdoms, no one beforehand was able to read his prophecies and predict the actual nations that fulfilled his prophecy. In fact the book of Daniel was classified in the lesser writings as non-prophetic until it was proven, after the fact by history, that his prochecies had been fulfilled.

It is important to know what the Bible says about the last days, so as the events unfold we can recognize them for what they are and not be fooled into believing a delusion or follow a false messiah figure. I think that is why pre-tribulation rapture theory is so dangerous (never-mind it is pretty easy to see it's not biblical). What is going to happen to the faith of those who are convinced of the pre-trib rapture and they find themselves in the midst of presectuion and they are considered outlaws for believing the gospel? I have feeling if you surveyed the thoughts of Christians in countries where they are truly presectuted for believing the gospel, very few of them would believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, because they are already living in their own tribulation. God help most of the Christians in America if they ever had to experience true persecution. I doubt most of them would last very long, before abandoning their faith.

Knowing what the Bible says about the last days is much different than thinking we can know or predict how it is going to happen. As soon as someone thinks they can predict what is going to happen, that is when I stop listening.

I now consider myself a "Pan-millenialist" I.e. it's all going to pan out in the end.

The only reason I think that the end might be somewhat near is becuase of the pattern that a day is as a thousand years. We are about 6000 years into the history of man as recorded by the Bible. It would make sense that the week of human history might be near the end. Man given six days (6000 years) to prove what he is not capable of and Christ showing up on the last day (last 1000 years) to show what God is capable of (the millenial reign). But even that is just a theory and I could be totally wrong about it.

Christ did say to watch and be ready to read the signs. He also said that, to the unbeliever, his return would come like a thief in the night. So I do believe that when his return is imminent, the expectation amongst the true believers will be something much different than the rampant speculation that is prevelant now. Speculation and a longing for Christ's return is different than the true witness of the Spirit showing us the signs that Christ's return is imminent. Speculation and longing have existed since the first century, so that can't be the true witness of the Spirit.

rainerann

Star
..Maybe if you make your post a bit less complicated and hard to grasp I can reply..?
Maybe you should take some responsibility. I think the reason what I said was difficult for you to understand was because you really did think you were quoting something from the Bible and this is demonstrated by how you seemed offended by the responses. You really did think the Bible says that there will be protests everywhere so you decided this was evidence of some kind of persecution when someone pointed this out, which means you know just enough of the Bible to be superstitious. This is demonstrated by how you act persecuted for it. I’m sorry but you are not a victim and you are not experiencing anything like what the disciples did in the books of acts. Stop acting like a victim and be a little more disciplined in your bible study.

You did have two ways you could go with what you are trying to say. You could try to defend that what you were saying was supported by scripture or you could post an actual verse that is in the Bible, but you can’t pretend that a verse exists when it doesn’t and then try to act like you are being persecuted for it.

It would probably have been good to look up the verse I quoted from Matthew 24 because that whole chapter is about the end times instead of trying to defend the mistake you made with the first verse you found that you thought was capable of doing this, which was clearly an afterthought.

I do think you confused what you were saying with the verse about wars and rumors of wars which is why you originally put quotations on what you said. It might be good to read this chapter in context because it says that we should not be alarmed by wars and rumors of wars as though they were something strange.

If you want to try to present the impression that you study the Bible, you’re going to have to demonstrate making a little effort. I don’t really find the verses you used to justify your mistake very convincing especially since they are not specific.

Are the protestors without self control and brutal or the cause they are protesting? You need to be more specific, which will require time and patience. So next time, take some responsibility and check what you said for errors first before you go trying to make another false claim that you are being rejected for preaching the “gospel truth” That isn’t actually in the gospel.

Yeah I agree with you there, many have thought it was the end before. During my 41 years of life though, I have never seen a world as it is now and spiralling downwards so fast either. I'm not scared . I long for the end, it'll be a liberation I have been waiting on for decades.

Did you see the french riots btw? I feel bad for them bc they set their own territory on fire when they should have directed it towards the ones behind it; the globalists. But finding them in their bunkers is an impossible task so one understands them. The anger needs to come out somewhere.
I mean idk, the world sucks but is it really worse than living during the Middle Ages with rampant disease and constant war? Even in Europe during the World Wars I’m sure it felt like the end. People like to glamorize the past but to be honest it wasn’t better and in many ways we have progressed. Just a few hundred years ago Vixy you as a woman would be considered property. Think about it.

Yeah I’m following the riots, I’ve made some replies in Red Sky’s thread.

Anyway I hope you feel better and what not.

A long time ago I was determined to understand eschatology. I studied and read and prayed and studied and read and prayed even more and still couldn't make sense of it. I would read a book on one theory and think it sounded convincing, then would read another that was totally contradictory and think that made sense also. I tried putting the pieces together myself, but unfortunately it was difficult to lay aside the theories I had already studied and would continually catch myself reading them into the Bible passages I was trying to study. I knew they all couldn't be right. The final conclusion I came to is that they are all most likely wrong.

When you look back at all the prophecy in the OT no one ever used it to predict what would happen in the future. Prophecy is never understood until after it is fulfilled. The whole nation of Israel missed the coming of their Messiah because when he came it didn't look at all like they were expecting it to. When Daniel propehesied about the coming kingdoms, no one beforehand was able to read his prophecies and predict the actual nations that fulfilled his prophecy. In fact the book of Daniel was classified in the lesser writings as non-prophetic until it was proven, after the fact by history, that his prochecies had been fulfilled.

It is important to know what the Bible says about the last days, so as the events unfold we can recognize them for what they are and not be fooled into believing a delusion or follow a false messiah figure. I think that is why pre-tribulation rapture theory is so dangerous (never-mind it is pretty easy to see it's not biblical). What is going to happen to the faith of those who are convinced of the pre-trib rapture and they find themselves in the midst of presectuion and they are considered outlaws for believing the gospel? I have feeling if you surveyed the thoughts of Christians in countries where they are truly presectuted for believing the gospel, very few of them would believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, because they are already living in their own tribulation. God help most of the Christians in America if they ever had to experience true persecution. I doubt most of them would last very long, before abandoning their faith.

Knowing what the Bible says about the last days is much different than thinking we can know or predict how it is going to happen. As soon as someone thinks they can predict what is going to happen, that is when I stop listening.

I now consider myself a "Pan-millenialist" I.e. it's all going to pan out in the end.

The only reason I think that the end might be somewhat near is becuase of the pattern that a day is as a thousand years. We are about 6000 years into the history of man as recorded by the Bible. It would make sense that the week of human history might be near the end. Man given six days (6000 years) to prove what he is not capable of and Christ showing up on the last day (last 1000 years) to show what God is capable of (the millenial reign). But even that is just a theory and I could be totally wrong about it.

Christ did say to watch and be ready to read the signs. He also said that, to the unbeliever, his return would come like a thief in the night. So I do believe that when his return is imminent, the expectation amongst the true believers will be something much different than the rampant speculation that is prevelant now. Speculation and a longing for Christ's return is different than the true witness of the Spirit showing us the signs that Christ's return is imminent. Speculation and longing have existed since the first century, so that can't be the true witness of the Spirit.

As always Todd I appreciate your replies and posts here.

However, personally I do not believe the earth is 6k years old and I lean towards Revelation being a coded symbolic letter written in times of persecution. ( 666 being Nero Caesar for example) However I do agree with you that it’s good to know the different theories, just in case.

We should definitely pray for Christians who do face genuine persecution in Africa and the Middle East, and I always get a little upset when Western Christians complain about how they are being persecuted. We should pray for all oppressed peoples and not just Christians too.