END TIMES - A thread for all christians

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well this might be the A B C of salvation... but as everybody ought to know nobody can talk with only three letters.

Where is the repentance and the baptism in the Name of Jesus Christ ? It's suspiciously absent !

Acts 2 38Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
I would suggest that in the "A" of admitting you are a sinner, that anyone coming to God will also come in repentance. I know I did, and I'm sure you did too. As far as the book of Acts is concerned, you may have noticed it is a book of transitions. Amongst those followers of "The Way", things like Baptisms, circumcision, the Gospel going to the Gentiles and questions of law and faith were grappled with. I like to read (and listen) to whole books at a time as this is where you get things in the right context.

TokiEl

Superstar
I would suggest that in the "A" of admitting you are a sinner, that anyone coming to God will also come in repentance. I know I did, and I'm sure you did too.
Repentance is not admitting you're a sinner... but regretting your sins. This is not the same. The former is... Yes Lord i'm a sinner and the latter is... I'm sorry Lord for my sins.

This church slogan... We are all sinners... is admitting we are all still sinning. We are not sorry for our sins since we are all sinners still sinning. This is not repentance. This is ridiculous.

As far as the book of Acts is concerned, you may have noticed it is a book of transitions. Amongst those followers of "The Way", things like Baptisms, circumcision, the Gospel going to the Gentiles and questions of law and faith were grappled with. I like to read (and listen) to whole books at a time as this is where you get things in the right context.
I don't know i've never read it. L0L.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Repentance is not admitting you're a sinner... but regretting your sins. This is not the same. The former is... Yes Lord i'm a sinner and the latter is... I'm sorry Lord for my sins.

This church slogan... We are all sinners... is admitting we are all still sinning. We are not sorry for our sins since we are all sinners still sinning. This is not repentance. This is ridiculous.

I don't know i've never read it. L0L.
I can't imagine what kind of church background you might have had that makes you imagine that most Christians are promoting a kind of Christianity that does not begin with true repentance. I have watched this conversation roll on and on.

As far as I can see, and derive from my own experience and that of others, the following characteristics are true of the experience of genuine Born Again believers.

1: They admit that they are sinners, sense the impossible gulf between their fallen state and Gods holiness.

2: They confess those sins (in my case, through many years in a night long prayer that felt like a mafia member confessing to a series of crimes in front of a police officer with all my life in a thick brown file!)

3: They put their faith in the sufficiency of Jesus's work on the cross and His atonement for their sinful hearts and actions and commit themselves to live their future lives to please Him, under His Lordship.

Once these things are done, you are a Christian, but still a baby one. You have much growing up to do.

If you have been raised with loving parents and good influences, your behaviour may be pretty impressive (by man's standards) but with bad influences, it may be quite obnoxious. We should avoid judging one another too harshly as we will also be questioned...

What person never makes a mistake as a toddler, is sick at a party as a child or gets in trouble for late homework as a teen. In life, we all have to grow up, try to avoid making mistakes and repent (i.e. change our minds) and learn from the ones we do make. To refuse to do so puts us at outs with our parents and leads to loss of pocket money, days out and quality of relationship. My own son illustrated this very well over the weekend, but I have not yet thrown him out of my home and changed the papers at the town hall to dissavow him.

CS Lewis contrasts the way people judge others with the way God does:-

The bad psychological material is not a sin but a disease. It does not need to be repented of, but to be cured. And by the way, that is very important. Human beings judge one another by their external actions. God judges them by their moral choices. When a neurotic who has a pathological horror of cats forces himself to pick up a cat for some good reason, it is quite possible that in God's eyes he has shown more courage than a healthy man may have shown in winning the V.C. When a man who has been perverted from his youth and taught that cruelty is the right thing does some tiny little kindness, or refrains from some cruelty he might have committed, and thereby, perhaps, risks being sneered at by his companions, he may, in God's eyes, be doing more than you and I would do if we gave up life itself for a friend.​
It is as well to put this the other way round. Some of us who seem quite nice people may, in fact, have made so little use of a good heredity and good upbringing that we are really worse than those whom we regard as fiends. Can we be quite certain how we should have behaved if we had been saddled with the psychological outfit, and then with the bad upbringing, and then with the power, say, of Himmler? That is why Christians are told not to judge. We see only the results which a man's choices make out of his raw material. But God does not judge him on the raw material at all, but on what he has done with it. Most of the man's psychological makeup is probably due to his body: when his body dies all that will fall off him, and the real central man, the thing that chose, that made the best or worst out of this material, will stand naked. All sorts of nice things which we thought our own, but which were really due to a good digestion, will fall off some of us: all sorts of nasty things which were due to complexes or bad health will fall off others. We shall then, for the first time, see every one as he really was. There will be surprises.​

C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
Guys, I just sneeked into the outside of the towns biggest masonic lodge. Theyre having a meeting now so I ran right into them. (Masons that is) I asked what degree this went up to? 9! Interesting since their site says 3.

One of them came out super nervous pale as a ghost. He seemed scared and walked away in a hurry. I followed him a bit but he noticed me and stopped so I had to avoid him.

Took pics for you and I think they perform their rituals at the top floor in those three special glassed windows but just my guess.

My phone wont upload the pics so I'll have to do it from my pc. This time I was inside the gates (they were open) but couldnt get to the top floor. Its closed and locked with a peephole from floor 2. Why so secret we know.. Damn, I wanna get to the third floor!

https://www.frimurarorden.se/loger/andra-fordelningen/karnan/

Thats their site and in their text they say that the 20'th of March is a new start for protegés and to inspect your contacts to see if anyone of them may share their values. So thats how they pull new people in!

pics here: https://www.vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/masonic-lodges-higher-numbers-than-they-show.2033/

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
I can't imagine what kind of church background you might have had that makes you imagine that most Christians are promoting a kind of Christianity that does not begin with true repentance. I have watched this conversation roll on and on.
I've never been to church except the occasional weddings and funerals. Not because i'm too cool for church but because most churches have become congregations for sinners.

As far as I can see, and derive from my own experience and that of others, the following characteristics are true of the experience of genuine Born Again believers.
A genuine born again believer knows that the very first and foremost Commandment of God... is to obey His commandments.

This he knows because the Spirit of God is within a genuine born again believer.

Yes the Spirit of God obeys the Commandments of God.

And that's how we know if someone is genuine or not... do they obey the Commandments of God ?

No ? Gotcha !

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I don't watch Netflix all that often.

Now I know why!

Bird Box - predictive programming for a generation on the brink of the Tribulation?!

Two camps seems to be forming with good and evil. Thats something I have picked up the last 5-6 years or so.
Hi Vixy, What do you consider good people? The decline in immorality is promoted by the Government. They are the ones that make the immoral laws and depress anything that has to do with God, and it is rapidly destroying any righteousness, Have you not been paying attention to our Government officials...They are becoming an abomination. The sad part is, they don't care if you know it.

Vixy

Star
Hi Vixy, What do you consider good people? The decline in immorality is promoted by the Government. They are the ones that make the immoral laws and depress anything that has to do with God, and it is rapidly destroying any righteousness, Have you not been paying attention to our Government officials...They are becoming an abomination. The sad part is, they don't care if you know it.
Well, good people would be those who abide the laws of God. And who does it because they know the truth and WANTS to, not those who are forced and theyre hearts arent really into it. Ya kno?

Vixy

Star
I don't watch Netflix all that often.

Now I know why!

Bird Box - predictive programming for a generation on the brink of the Tribulation?!

Ah, THE Birdbox, one of the best movies I've seen. Interesting that you saw it as they're blind from mindcontrol, that didnt hit me, strangely enough. They DO have suicide programming so its not at all an impossibility.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Ah, THE Birdbox, one of the best movies I've seen. Interesting that you saw it as they're blind from mindcontrol, that didnt hit me, strangely enough. They DO have suicide programming so its not at all an impossibility.
What struck me was that the people were seeing something so terrible that once they had set eyes on it, death would be preferable.

Those who are unsaved will not be protected from Satan and his demons when they are thrown down in "great wrath, knowing their time is short". Mens hearts will fail them with fear over those things coming upon the earth. The worst part is that everyone has "heard it all before" and most will ignore the warnings till it's too late.

I found it hard to watch, good film as it was @Vixy , as I wish I could do more to reach others with the gospel.

Vixy

Star
What struck me was that the people were seeing something so terrible that once they had set eyes on it, death would be preferable.

Those who are unsaved will not be protected from Satan and his demons when they are thrown down in "great wrath, knowing their time is short". Mens hearts will fail them with fear over those things coming upon the earth. The worst part is that everyone has "heard it all before" and most will ignore the warnings till it's too late.

I found it hard to watch, good film as it was @Vixy , as I wish I could do more to reach others with the gospel.
Interesting enterpretation, I saw this one but yours sounds more logical bc I could never grasp why her sister reacted that way. That an that the woman in the beginning who ran out of the house ran right into a burning car and sat down. She embraced death!
Another weird thing is that the guy in the house who was a fraud, said it was beautiful and he had already gotten the crazy eyes. So..its beautiful to them? Hmm..

Yeah I feel the same about this world.. I try so hard to warn them but they scoff me and will not listen. Although deep down something IS happening to them bc those who used to say they hated (yes, they actually said they hated) christians, now suddenly donät and even tolerate us. They feel deep inside something's wrong. I think they're scared.

Well, good people would be those who abide the laws of God. And who does it because they know the truth and WANTS to, not those who are forced and theyre hearts arent really into it. Ya kno?
I would call good people, those who have the heart and Spirit of Christ. (Thy kingdom come, thy will be don on earth as it is in heaven) I think immorality and evil are far more prevalent than most people realize.

Vixy

Star
I would call good people, those who have the heart and Spirit of Christ. (Thy kingdom come, thy will be don on earth as it is in heaven) I think immorality and evil are far more prevalent than most people realize.
Oh, it is! The good people I know already have god in their lives but the bad eggs... So I tried saving and telibg them in mild ways and other ways but nah. At most I raised some questions and planted seeds but it got unbareable for me to always hear "Your God sucks" and constantly have to defend him. One can only take so much.

Vixy

Star
Vixy’s post on the Masons reminded me of something.

We moved to our little town 13 years ago. We started attending the First Baptist Church soon after. I started learning that it was known as a “pastor eating church,” meaning pastors did not stay long. I remember a wall of photos of pastors who had been there. There were many and they had short stints at this church, like 1-3 years. This was the oldest church in this town and had been here since the late 1800s. We stayed there only a short time. After we left there was a church split that was UGLY!! It was because the old guard didn’t like the pastor. Not surprising.

About 10 years ago I was more charismatic than I am now. A friend and I had been learning about researching the spiritual history of a town and praying over it. I went to that church which is in the old downtown area, half a block from the Masonic lodge. As I read the historic plaques, I learned that the Masons used to meet in the basement of that church in the early 1900s and before!! There were also many of the church leaders who were Masons in the past. We were pretty gobsmacked over that, particularly the church allowing the Masons to meet in the basement. I guess people were less informed about the Masons back then. She and I stood there and prayed over that church and over our town and prayed that there would no longer be spiritual ties there being the Masons, that the Lord would break those ties, etc. I can’t remember all we prayed. We prayed much more. I probably wouldn’t pray that same way now.

That church is changed now. There is a pastor who came in within a year after. He has been there and he is loved by the congregation. It has grown and the Word is preached there. I would imagine many people were praying for that church and not just us. But I think that church’s ties to the Masons was spiritually detrimental.
My friend!

What you encountered was spiritual warfare. The church was cursed and the devil at play. Sounds like it was your prayers that did the difference since you prayed exactly for what had gone down. The congregation, I'm guessing, didn't know. Did you check the basement out? Did they leave any things or symbols? I'd be down there in a heartbeat checking things out!

Oh, it is! The good people I know already have god in their lives but the bad eggs... So I tried saving and telibg them in mild ways and other ways but nah. At most I raised some questions and planted seeds but it got unbareable for me to always hear "Your God sucks" and constantly have to defend him. One can only take so much.
Don't get discouraged Vixy, Christ went through the same thing...He said the world would hate us as it hated Him. I know it's disheartening for people to reject what we know as a Joy to us. But just remember, you are not alone. In God's Mercy and Grace.
Douglas Summers

Vixy

Star
Don't get discouraged Vixy, Christ went through the same thing...He said the world would hate us as it hated Him. I know it's disheartening for people to reject what we know as a Joy to us. But just remember, you are not alone. In God's Mercy and Grace.
Douglas Summers
Thanks! Youre absolutely right and I think of what he said many times. Im glad the world hates me bc it means I have light within my soul. :) I feel kinda bad for them.

Thanks! Youre absolutely right and I think of what he said many times. Im glad the world hates me bc it means I have light within my soul. :) I feel kinda bad for them.
The Scriptures make clear that God rewards those of His own, that are called and elected, that make their calling and election sure, that they receive rewards in crowns (crowns are a sign of authority). (The Bible speaks of seven crowns to the Church as for service unto Him) For The Church (body of Christ of born again believers) will share in the judgments and Kingdom as Son's of God as a kingdom of priest and kings (God as our Father and Christ as our brother), (Rom. 8: 1-39; Rev. 1:4-6). And when we receive those crowns, we throw them at the feet of Christ (Rev. 4:10-11). The church is the family of God by inheritance by rebirth. The Church or body of Christ will be complete when the "Fulness of the Gentiles has come in." (Rom. 11:25). The legislative branch of the Kingdom of God (The Church) is small in number compared to the saved during the Tribulation,,,for the Church will be already with Christ when the Trib. begins. (Rom. 7:9-17). There is more, but study these and we will discuss more after you understand these Truths.