Empaths attract narcissists, Sociopaths and Psycopaths because

justjess

Superstar
And you shouldn’t forgive that, nor should you have to put up with it. She is only a neighbor not a loved one. I’m just saying that is most likely the result of meth, not her mental illness. Most bipolar people are not violent. I’d hate to see your experience with her which is likely more caused by the drugs contaminate your entire opinion of people with mental illness.

Meth specifically can trigger mania or psychosis in people who aren’t even mentally ill to begin with, it’s heavy duty stuff.

Maes17

Superstar
And you shouldn’t forgive that, nor should you have to put up with it. She is only a neighbor not a loved one. I’m just saying that is most likely the result of meth, not her mental illness. Most bipolar people are not violent. I’d hate to see your experience with her which is likely more caused by the drugs contaminate your entire opinion of people with mental illness.

Meth specifically can trigger mania or psychosis in people who aren’t even mentally ill to begin with, it’s heavy duty stuff.
My experience with my neighbor won't affect my outlook on others. A lot of the stuff I said over the weekend was out of frustration and me venting. No I don't have to put up with it and we choose not to.

For the most part, we've ignored her as it's always been the best approach. I really cooled off. My post' have probably come across as rude, but I don't lump every single person in to one category. I said those out of frustration. That's that.
I own up and apologize to any of those here who suffer on this board.
Sometimes a supportive message from an internet stranger goes a long way.

There's help and hope out there.
I hope my neighbor really does seek treatment. Physical confrontations with neighbors and her own children are not positive signs however.

Vixy

Star
Daflip? She's in jail right now. Ho broke probation. I just beat the brakes off her bf for the cherry on top.

If and when she gets out, I hate fighting, but I'll do it again if I have to.

Like I said, this weekend really ruined my perception on people with mental disorders. No I don't necessarily blame them, there's a lot I can bitch about.

I just hope anyone of you guys never have to go through what took place yesterday
Oh thank GOD, Maes! This should keep her at bay for a while if not forever. I know it feels wrong to have usd violence, and I agree, it shouldnt have to be that way, but these people..They dont get any other way. This way you stood your ground, and they now know not to mess with you. I'm so glad. :) Care to tell me the dets in PM? I'm a curious fucker! :p

Well, it depends on what illness it is. But that one with a personality like that can be fatal. Too bad u didnt have a depressed neighbour cuz all he'd do was to sleep! :D

Last edited:

Vixy

Star
She needs to get off the meth... drugs trigger mania and psychosis in people predisposed. If she’s truly bipolarbonce the drugs clear her system long acting injectable antipsychotics work wonders. No need to lock someone up for life because they are sick.
Shes on drugs TOO? So shes both mentally unstable AND a druggie? Woooooooow! Pretty easy ten..take her pipe and she'll do whatever ya want! :D ..;)

Vixy

Star

This is true though..I have friends who are bipolar and theyre the sweetest people ever, wouldnt harm a flee, they have helped me so many times. However asperger people I have had problems with directly bc of the illness. Stalkery tendencies.

Maes17

Superstar
This is true though..I have friends who are bipolar and theyre the sweetest people ever, wouldnt harm a flee, they have helped me so many times. However asperger people I have had problems with directly bc of the illness. Stalkery tendencies.
So in my case, has to be the meth. I don't deal with mentally ill in my daily interactions, so I don't know all the signs like those of you with experience

justjess

Superstar
Look some bipolar people can be violent, there’s a thing called bipolar rage some experience in the midst of an episode. But substance abuse (also common among people with any mental illness) can spark the episode to begin with and amplify it 100x

It is very important anyone with a mood disorder refrain from using mind altering substances.

Your neighbor needs to sober up and get back on her meds, until such time who she truly is as a person will be entirely impossible to tell

The Zone

Star
Look some bipolar people can be violent, there’s a thing called bipolar rage some experience in the midst of an episode. But substance abuse (also common among people with any mental illness) can spark the episode to begin with and amplify it 100x

It is very important anyone with a mood disorder refrain from using mind altering substances.

Your neighbor needs to sober up and get back on her meds, until such time who she truly is as a person will be entirely impossible to tell
Absolutely. A substance like cocaine has been known to amp up any lying mental issues and magnify them. Tests how people having issues with things like compulsive disorders while high but not so much when straight show this.

As we know, we are getting close to the legalization of weed. I saw on the news last night a counterpoint that a new study says it can cause schizophrenia which IMO is BS. The disease is there already but not prevalent and may be amped by the drug but it does not cause it.

And I have dealt with BiPo's up close and personal and they love going off their meds and mania ensues. Some of them are very successful despite their issues. It is tough to deal with people whom you never know who they are on that day until they're in front of you. It is a very difficult and common disease.

justjess

Superstar
I think weed GENERALLY is harmless enough, and it should be legalized like alcohol... however, there are some serious concerns without as well and it feels like neither side of the debate around it can or will be honest. That’s a problem.

Long acting injectable atypical antipsychotics should be standard of care for anyone with bipolar 1, unfortunately I’ve yet to see it used outside of inpatient facilities. Sometimes we go to far when trying to do a good thing and I’ve always thought the mental health areas was one great example

Maes17

Superstar

She's a hard person to deal with. She has a history and the other neighbors warned us when we moved in. Her daughter does talk to us. So that we get a better glimpse. She has lost custody to her younger kids, stabbed her ex hubby. Our neighbor across the street has been ambushed by her. She's pretty known by the cops as well.

The wife and I are generally a pretty laid back couple. We live and let be, but we're also ones if feel threatened do retaliate. The daughter has said that her mom is not used to people retaliating back, so I don't know if things will settle or get worse. But I'm not really concerned at the moment.

She's gone for the time being

Maes17

Superstar
Absolutely. A substance like cocaine has been known to amp up any lying mental issues and magnify them. Tests how people having issues with things like compulsive disorders while high but not so much when straight show this.

As we know, we are getting close to the legalization of weed. I saw on the news last night a counterpoint that a new study says it can cause schizophrenia which IMO is BS. The disease is there already but not prevalent and may be amped by the drug but it does not cause it.

And I have dealt with BiPo's up close and personal and they love going off their meds and mania ensues. Some of them are very successful despite their issues. It is tough to deal with people whom you never know who they are on that day until they're in front of you. It is a very difficult and common disease.
I do know about the manic episodes. Our neighbor has had a habit of doing big house projects for probably 9-10 hours on some weekends then she just shuts down and stops mid week and never gets done. The fence that divides our yards is a mess cause of her and it's frustrating. I don't want to go through the hassle of courts and property lines etc. But yeah, we've seen her manic side.

This past weekend just from out of the blue she accused me of recording her. Don't know where she got that from. All I did was check my mail, walk back to my yard and she just started sprouting off weird stuff. I ignored her though. But she sent her bf to my front door the next day. Sadly things turned violent from there

Wigi

Veteran
I know I'll sound like a troll but what if all mental illnesses were the results of spiritual illnesses/demonic possessions?

I think we underestimate a lot how a toxic environment like our societies generate evil spiritual influences and produce mentally unstable persons even more if they grew up in broken homes and/or consume drugs.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Was beyond frustrated. Out of control this weekend. Got in a fight yesterday cause of her :p. She's in jail now.

I'm ok. Swollen knuckle lol. Can't say the same for her bf.

Needless to say, I've witnesses first hand the ugly side of bi-polar
Aww Maes that's awful. I know it's getting harder now a days to keep certain things under control but try very hard to walk away and stay safe.

I'm sorry you had to see the bipolar monster rear its ugly head. Once a person's mind is too strung up with the mania/psychosis, the person has absolutely no control. I like to imagine that mania/psychosis are like an evil fiend inside a person's head pulling all the strings. It must be super horrible to not be able to control the mind or actions. It's like a mental blackout, it's scary.

That's why it's super important the person has the control when they're in their right mind to take their medications and seek immediate help when he/she starts to feel imbalanced.

It's also imperative to stand your ground and let them know their actions are not acceptable, but keeping safe :)

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Yes I understand that a lot of narcissistic, empaths, bi-polar etc have no control over their actions.

If any of you guys can, avoid conflict. I'm not a fan of fighting. But living next door to someone who is bi-polar, off her meds and has phantom reasons to start fights with everyone in the neighborhood, my situation was unavoidable.

My wife, thankfully recorded the pre incident before the neighbors boyfriend literally came to my front door and thought he was gonna be mr. Alpha.

Long day with the cops yesterday, but thanks to the video I can claim self defense

But please take my advice. If you can, avoid conflict.

Side note: neighbors are on meth too. Crazy weekend.

Rant over. I'm cooled off lol
Well that makes everything wayyyyyyyyyyyy worse. To have a mental illness is one thing, but to pair that with drugs that's a huuuuuuuge problem. I feel for you Maes, that's a tough one. You did what you could and it's not fair that their problems have to trickle down to you. What a nightmare, you can only do so much.

Those people need to clean and straighten up and one can only hope/wish.
I'm hoping and wishing for the best for your situation. You and your wife don't deserve to deal with other people's mess.
Good advice and good thing you've cooled off :)

Maes17

Superstar
Well that makes everything wayyyyyyyyyyyy worse. To have a mental illness is one thing, but to pair that with drugs that's a huuuuuuuge problem. I feel for you Maes, that's a tough one. You did what you could and it's not fair that their problems have to trickle down to you. What a nightmare, you can only do so much.

Those people need to clean and straighten up and one can only hope/wish.
I'm hoping and wishing for the best for your situation. You and your wife don't deserve to deal with other people's mess.
Good advice and good thing you've cooled off :)
I can only tolerate so much.
And I'm a hard person to piss off lol. I have a ton of patience, but I do have a pretty nasty competitive side in me that can come out. But yes completely cooled off. We're thinking on possibly filing a restraining order, just to avoid future physical confrontations. For the most part though not intimidated , I cannot afford to move and we don't plan on one bad neighbor scaring us away that easily.

But I do appreciate everyone's advice on these symptoms to look out for.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I can only tolerate so much.
And I'm a hard person to piss off lol. I have a ton of patience, but I do have a pretty nasty competitive side in me that can come out. But yes completely cooled off. We're thinking on possibly filing a restraining order, just to avoid future physical confrontations. For the most part though not intimidated , I cannot afford to move and we don't plan on one bad neighbor scaring us away that easily.

But I do appreciate everyone's advice on these symptoms to look out for.
Well you are the way more people should be :) with lots of patience. You gotta do what you need to protect yourself and your loved ones. You wouldn't have to ever move anyway if your neighbors were more considerate of you and those around them. I'm glad you're not easily intimidated, just keep standing your ground. Now a days people are ready to snap so we need to keep that in mind and be very cautious.

I'm happy we have been of help to you. :) We're really hoping for the best for you and hopefully those people get to realize they're doing wrong and have a turn around, hopefully.

Maes17

Superstar
Well you are the way more people should be :) with lots of patience. You gotta do what you need to protect yourself and your loved ones. You wouldn't have to ever move anyway if your neighbors were more considerate of you and those around them. I'm glad you're not easily intimidated, just keep standing your ground. Now a days people are ready to snap so we need to keep that in mind and be very cautious.

I'm happy we have been of help to you. :) We're really hoping for the best for you and hopefully those people get to realize they're doing wrong and have a turn around, hopefully.
Thank ya thank ya.

Everything is peaceful now. For the time being. Idk if my neighbor will ever try to lash out again, but now she knows if push comes to shove I can throw these fist like I mean business lol.

Never want things to escalate to that again. But yes thanks to all in helping me understand these symptoms. Especially cause a lot of you have first hand experience

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Thank ya thank ya.

Everything is peaceful now. For the time being. Idk if my neighbor will ever try to lash out again, but now she knows if push comes to shove I can throw these fist like I mean business lol.

Never want things to escalate to that again. But yes thanks to all in helping me understand these symptoms. Especially cause a lot of you have first hand experience
Great to hear that :) I hope not, usually when they know someone will put them if their place, even in their ill mind they will avoid further confrontation. I don't get how they can have no judgment whatsoever but yet are aware enough to know to not mess with certain people that will put them in their place. :-/

I really hope they don't escalate like that again. Sadly, one cannot reason with a mentally ill person when they're psychotic, what I call the point of no return. They really need their anti-psychotic meds. Anytime she gets like that and she's being a danger to others they'll have to take her on a 5150 usually for a couple of days. Sadly the stay is too short as she may not be stable enough to care for herself so repeated 5150's are the only option. This makes me very mad for it makes me realize how the mental health system doesn't do enough. They will only take in those that are already psychotic enough to be considered a danger to themselves or others but they won't take them in once their minds are beginning to spiral out but NOT considered a danger yet :-(

Maes17

Superstar
Great to hear that :) I hope not, usually when they know someone will put them if their place, even in their ill mind they will avoid further confrontation. I don't get how they can have no judgment whatsoever but yet are aware enough to know to not mess with certain people that will put them in their place. :-/

I really hope they don't escalate like that again. Sadly, one cannot reason with a mentally ill person when they're psychotic, what I call the point of no return. They really need their anti-psychotic meds. Anytime she gets like that and she's being a danger to others they'll have to take her on a 5150 usually for a couple of days. Sadly the stay is too short as she may not be stable enough to care for herself so repeated 5150's are the only option. This makes me very mad for it makes me realize how the mental health system doesn't do enough. They will only take in those that are already psychotic enough to be considered a danger to themselves or others but they won't take them in once their minds are beginning to spiral out but NOT considered a danger yet :-(
Her daughter said something very similar. Guess her current partner has always kept her in check but has also instigated criminal activity. They can do as they please, they can deal with the consequences. Just leave us alone.

I do hope she gets help, but given her criminal past, it's hard to say.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Her daughter said something very similar. Guess her current partner has always kept her in check but has also instigated criminal activity. They can do as they please, they can deal with the consequences. Just leave us alone.

I do hope she gets help, but given her criminal past, it's hard to say.
One toxic person next to an ill person spells disaster. I just don't understand how they continue to live a life of badness and suffering the consequences of their bad actions and they don't turn around and say "maybe I should be a good person now and I should live a better life". Maybe their mentalities are so badly fragmented they don't see or know a better way? It's sad, it really makes you think how bad some mentalities can be and they can be shown the light but would rather stay in darkness. :-( One can only hope...