Eminem - Darkness (music video)

staywideawake

Rookie
It’s gotten an incredible amount of views in a short amount of time but strangely is not deemed worthy to trend on YouTube. The subject matter is powerful. What do y’all think?

OnceUponATime

Established
He has profited greatly from a musical genre that has glorified violence and desensitized people to criminal drug use, thug gun culture, and the sexual exploitation of women.

Maybe he should have spent more time raising his kids and less time performing songs about killing their mother.

justjess

Superstar
He has profited greatly from a musical genre that has glorified violence and desensitized people to criminal drug use, thug gun culture, and the sexual exploitation of women.

Maybe he should have spent more time raising his kids and less time performing songs about killing their mother.
Right... because he has no right to be against gun violence or comment on it because he made songs expressing violent thoughts towards a mother with whom he had a complicated and abusive (on her end) relationship? I guess no one on earth has a right to an opinion if we can be disqualified so easily since literally no one is perfect

justjess

Superstar
I have no respect for Eminem. He subjected an entire generation to his garbage "music" and lifestyle.
Uh huh.... what kind of music do you listen to, prey tell?

Also your lack of respect for someone doesn’t disqualify them from having an opinion. There are plenty of people on this forum I have no respect for, yet and still they continue to post their opinions. Go figure.

Awoken2

Superstar
Isn't it a great example of how politicians and music I CONs have the same objectives? So Eminem suddenly developed a social conscience now?.... I think not. His ass will stay owned til the big show starts.

The first question has to be why did he use examples of events which have been under a great deal of scrutiny because lots of people, including myself, believed them to be staged events to further a political agenda?

He/somebody put these images in the video to inform you that the shooting was the event, not the concert.

Screenshot_20200119-211923_Samsung Internet.jpg

The next image which should be noted is the eye of horus, very artistic.

Screenshot_20200119-211419_Samsung Internet.jpg

Framed with magicians hands for more esoteric signalling.

Screenshot_20200119-211502_Samsung Internet.jpg

He's mocking people by now appearing to have been born again as some political activist?!?....Nooooo.

He's had his ass MK'd from his early days so this message is a piss take by TPTB. It wouldn't surprise me if the dude in the video wasn't even the original Eminem. Looks like a dodgy clone to me.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Isn't it a great example of how politicians and music I CONs have the same objectives? So Eminem suddenly developed a social conscience now?.... I think not. His ass will stay owned til the big show starts.

The first question has to be why did he use examples of events which have been under a great deal of scrutiny because lots of people, including myself, believed them to be staged events to further a political agenda?

He put these images in tbe video to inform you that the shooting was the event, not the concert.

View attachment 30950

The next image which should be noted is the eye of horus, very artistic.

View attachment 30951

Framed with magicians hands for more esoteric signalling.

View attachment 30952

He's mocking people by now appearing to have been born again as some political activist?!?....Nooooo.

He's had his ass MK'd from his early days so this message is a piss take by TPTB. It wouldn't surprise me if the dude in the video wasn't even the original Eminem. Looks like a dodgy clone to me.
If you listened to his music there has always been some level of a political undertone. This isn’t really new. Just the blatant nature of it is.

Awoken2

Superstar
If you listened to his music there has always been some level of a political undertone. This isn’t really new. Just the blatant nature of it is.
Those images in the video speak volumes. He's pushing a fake narrative, that's the most important aspect of this for me.

It wouldn't surprise me if he tops himself with a gun in some hotel at some time in the future in another circus contrived by the media.

Hon33

Veteran
It might have been not trending on youtube because people were calling him out for mentioning the Manchester bombing at Ariana Grande’s concert. #Eminemiscancelled was trending on Twitter last night. His video was trending on YouTube tonight though.

Spades

Established
Those images in the video speak volumes. He's pushing a fake narrative, that's the most important aspect of this for me.

It wouldn't surprise me if he tops himself with a gun in some hotel at some time in the future in another circus contrived by the media.
I was thinking the same thing. Suicided.

DevaWolf

Veteran
That's a camera, not some esoteric nonsense.

As for Eminem himself, I don't think he's genuine anymore. He's become too stylish and slick, lost his authenticity.
He once wrote to deal with his trauma, now he just glorifies violence because it sells. I doubt he really feels the way he writes, he just found a way to make money. He's not been dealing with a burnout for no reason, he's pretending to be someone he's not. I'm pretty sure he might end up 'suddenly' suicided too.

staywideawake

Rookie
I won’t excuse any of his actions, but if he is a part of them, he regrets it. From making mentions of how he sold his soul to the devil and can never get it back, to making songs of conversations between Eminem and his own demon.

He has also always been at least a little bit political, criticizing Clinton, then Bush, then Trump. Always had something to say about race, having been the victim of bullying because of race his whole life.

He’s already made songs about stopping the violence, but he has so many gun references it feels hypocritical.

justjess

Superstar
That's a camera, not some esoteric nonsense.

As for Eminem himself, I don't think he's genuine anymore. He's become too stylish and slick, lost his authenticity.
He once wrote to deal with his trauma, now he just glorifies violence because it sells. I doubt he really feels the way he writes, he just found a way to make money. He's not been dealing with a burnout for no reason, he's pretending to be someone he's not. I'm pretty sure he might end up 'suddenly' suicided too.
I guess I have to wonder what that means... “authenticity... stylish and slick”

I’d hope a 47 year old man wouldn’t still be running around in Sean John tracksuits and visors, personally. I finally got my very “street” husband into a pair of dressier boots (not timberlands) and to take off his damn fitted hat and logo T-shirt’s at 35. Despite his changing wardrobe he is still “Street” and I really don’t understand what that criticism means tbh.