Elisa Lam

Maes17

Superstar
God damn it, you just made me watch Budd Dwyers suicide and there was alooooot of blood. I had no idea the brain even carries that much blood? Surprise..!
I just watched it like three times last night. Crazy to believe that was on live tv. Hot dayuumm that was brutal

L.B.

Established
http://sites.gsu.edu/finalproject-waltzhao/bipolar-disorder/ All due respect to everyone's theories, but Elisa Lam was having a meltdown. I remember reading up on this for awhile. There are plenty of scenarios that could play off of her being manic/schizo and just being a nut case cause of withdrawals and the like. Her toxicology results showed she had no drugs in her system, despite being prescribed to stay mentally stable. Her roomates said she was acting strange, again missed her meds. The days leading to her death she's just mentally loopy/unstable. Having meltdowns. Somehow she ended up at the top of the Cecil, the door leading into the tank I remember reading wasn't heavy enough for someone to open. Very plausible she just went in because. Being mentally unstable, people do some "dafuq?" Type stuff. My belief, when she got inside the tank, she opened the top enough to get in, but just enough for gravity to hinge the top back to closure. Given her manic state. She stripped down and boom. She died over time. I'd love to believe something more sinister was afoot, given the hotel's history. But this is just a sad case of an unstable youngster
No no no I disagree. I work in the mental health field. She didn't have any diagnosis that fit the type of stuff she was doing...even coming off the meds she was on. Plus there are 3 types of the diagnosis she had. And even if she was manic, a person would think thye could fly not swim. She most likely would have jumped. I also have a friend who was a homicide detective in LA. Seriously, there is alot of corruption. Labeling it as 'a mental health breakdown accident' is false.

As for the video, in earlier posts I did mention that on Trip Advisor the guests posted that the elevator was broken. I have been in an elevator that opened when I pushed the closed button and one time as soon as it "closed" it would reopen. I thought someone was coming in. Lol my brother works for an elevator company and Yes it is possible to have an elevator do what that elevator was doing. Also there was evidence she was given a 'gift' or handed something from some strange men. I mean the hotel was filled with criminals and homeless..I live only 45 min from that area where the hotel is located. Plus the fact that the health outbreak in the area was HER NAME. Seriously that alone is like 'hidden in plain sight we are telling you we killed her' kind of government crap.

L.B.

Established
http://sites.gsu.edu/finalproject-waltzhao/bipolar-disorder/ All due respect to everyone's theories, but Elisa Lam was having a meltdown. I remember reading up on this for awhile. There are plenty of scenarios that could play off of her being manic/schizo and just being a nut case cause of withdrawals and the like. Her toxicology results showed she had no drugs in her system, despite being prescribed to stay mentally stable. Her roomates said she was acting strange, again missed her meds. The days leading to her death she's just mentally loopy/unstable. Having meltdowns. Somehow she ended up at the top of the Cecil, the door leading into the tank I remember reading wasn't heavy enough for someone to open. Very plausible she just went in because. Being mentally unstable, people do some "dafuq?" Type stuff. My belief, when she got inside the tank, she opened the top enough to get in, but just enough for gravity to hinge the top back to closure. Given her manic state. She stripped down and boom. She died over time. I'd love to believe something more sinister was afoot, given the hotel's history. But this is just a sad case of an unstable youngster
I volunteer for N.A.M.I a national organization that educates the US about mental health. Get accurate facts about mental health ok. Because there are different types of bipolar. In a manic state people dont crawl into things... they usually believe they are God, can fly, spend a ton of money, go into sexual hyperdrive. They dont crawl into wells or hide. That would be a diagnosis of paranoi. Such as paranoid schizophrenia. Typically coming off bipolar meds you get aggitated or severely depressed. So if she was severely depressed she would be locked in her hotel room sleeping for days. So get your facts correct.

Maes17

Superstar
I volunteer for N.A.M.I a national organization that educates the US about mental health. Get accurate facts about mental health ok. Because there are different types of bipolar. In a manic state people dont crawl into things... they usually believe they are God, can fly, spend a ton of money, go into sexual hyperdrive. They dont crawl into wells or hide. That would be a diagnosis of paranoi. Such as paranoid schizophrenia. Typically coming off bipolar meds you get aggitated or severely depressed. So if she was severely depressed she would be locked in her hotel room sleeping for days. So get your facts correct.
She was mentally unstable. Whatever she was going through in the head, was her downfall imo. I just do not see anything sinister in this unfortunate death.

Yes I do agree corruption is rampant in a lot of police forces, but I see no cover up. The hotel's history is what allures people to maybe something more. Maybe she was murdered.

I stand by my opinion that she was mentally off. Whether it was bi-polar, paranoia. She just wasn't right.

Speaking of bi-polar and off topic. My neighbor is diagnosed as bi-polar. She just cut all the weeds on my side of the yard lol. She's going into hyperactive over drive as I type.

~JC~

Veteran
New info? Or just something to keep up interest in the unsolved murder?

Police dogs picked up Elisa Lam's scent at a window leading to a fire escape after her naked dead body was found in a water tank in 2013 - but her mysterious death at 'haunted' hotel continues to baffle investigators
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7736325/New-details-unsolved-water-tank-death-Elisa-Lam.html#comments
Funny how they’re just releasing this NOW when the dog picked up the sent during the time of their search. And of course they don’t detail why this wasn’t mentioned before in the final report. :rolleyes:

Ok maybe I'm just having a memory malfunction with this but when I heard the name (Elisa Lam) I associated it with some ARG on youtube but I looked it up and it was an actual horrific murder. Sad case, God bless her soul. :(