Egypt's Former (First Democratically Elected) President Morsi Dies

DavidSon

Star
Arab Spring 2.0?: "Sisi Must Leave" Mass Protest Rocks Egypt's Streets Overnight

"No matter how large such anti-Sisi street demonstrations might become, they are unlikely to gain much support or acknowledgement out of the White House, given Egypt's military 'deep state' has for decades since the 1979 Egypt-Israel peace treaty was signed just after the Camp David Accords, been bought and paid for by American foreign aid.

Trump's recent outburst at the G7 summit in France might also be an indicator of where things stand: he reportedly called out "Where's my favorite dictator!" while referencing the Egyptian president."

Stephania

Star
even if trump is a lier he spoke the truth this time
I know.. I lol'd at that one.. and so did my Egyptian friends. That aside though.. I would like to share my thoughts on things.
First of all... Sisi is one of mubarak's men. It was a big mistake for Egyptian ppl to forget that God is the Savior of Egypt, not Pharaoh's military regardless of them not liking MB.
2) Jan 25 revolution got hijacked right at elections. People were given the false choice of Shafik (Mubarak) or Morsi (who had nothing to do with Rev, neither did MB and he was in jail at time and MB shunned rev). Either way, that false election choice was a win/win for powers that be in Egypt. Because.. even if Shafik lost, they knew Egyptian ppl never liked MB as a whole and this goes right back to Nasser.
3) Now the Egyptian ppl have taken over Tahrir square again. Yay!!!! May Allah/God help them.

Last edited:

Karlysymon

Superstar
I wonder where the April 6th movement leaders are, this time around 8yrs on.

I think Sisi, being a military man, will eventually brutally crush this dissent.

Edit:
The US State Department officials, US Congressmen and their immediate staff were engaged in having discussions with the Egyptian rebel leaders on US soil. The US embassy in Cairo was instrumental in organizing a summit in New York in 2008 to meet one of the young Egyptian activists.

The young Egyptian activist mentioned in the (Wikileaks)cable was a member of the April 6 youth movement, one of the opposition groups that hoped to remove Mubarak from office (ibid). From December 3 to December 5 of 2008, the activist attended the “Alliance of Youth Movements Summit” in Washington, an event that was organized by the State Department

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
I wonder where the April 6th movement leaders are, this time around 8yrs on.

I think Sisi, being a military man, will eventually brutally crush this dissent.
That despicable human being crushed dissent through sham trials and murder. Egypt is suffering from severe censorship, human rights abuses, deep inflation and corruption.

Thousands of Egyptians stage anti-Sisi protests across country

Last edited: