Eat the rich movement?

Lisa

Superstar
@Lisa

There are some fantastic bits about giving a share of your wealth to help the poor and taking care of those in need or less fortunate.

Thanks for this jess, this is exactly what true Christians stand for but I doubt Lisa would agree.
How do you know who a true Christian is without reading the Bible? Is it just your own bias on how you think a true Christian should act?

Haich

Superstar
I need to provide you with any scripture? If you don’t know, don’t read the Bible..do I owe you?
Aww lisa, don't get upset and defensive because you couldn't answer a basic question. You're just annoyed you didn't do better.

Toodles! Have a great evening, maybe brush up on your scripture.

Lisa

Superstar
Aww lisa, don't get upset and defensive because you couldn't answer a basic question. You're just annoyed you didn't do better.

Toodles! Have a great evening, maybe brush up on your scripture.
Yep, you have a great evening too!

How do you know who a true Christian is without reading the Bible? Is it just your own bias on how you think a true Christian should act?
a "true christian" is one who follows what Christ said, which was to follow the laws

the laws Christ said could all be hung upon the "Great commandment" which was

1) Love God
2) Love your neighbours as yourself

He said those 2 laws encompase all previous laws.

If you do not love your neighbour as yourself YOU ARE NOT A TRUE CHRISTIAN.

Christ also said that for a "rich man" to enter into the kingdom of heaven, it would almost be impossible.

Make of that what you will, but there are A LOT of "fake Christians" out there, and Christ said he has nothing to do with any of these people, and that when they cry out to him, he will say "I never knew you"

Christ said the way you treat those on the bottom of society is HOW YOU TREAT HIM. If you do things to the people on the lowest rungs of society, you are in actuality doing them to Christ.

1. Matthew 25:34-40 “Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, my Father has blessed you! Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me into your home. I needed clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you took care of me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ “Then the people who have God’s approval will reply to him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you or see you thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you as a stranger and take you into our homes or see you in need of clothes and give you something to wear? When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ “The king will answer them, ‘I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you did for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did for me.’

@Haich
this is the verse i referenced above. Wonderful reading.

None of you

Established
You thought wrong.
So are you going to answer my question? What would jesus do to help the poor?
And with regards to jealously, I don't think it's a matter of jealousy at all. Just a basic right and anger at the lack of said right to have access to food, shelter and warmth.
James
5:1 Go to now, [ye] rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon [you].
5:2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness AGAINST you, and shall eat your flesh (cancer etc.) as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
5:4 Behold, the hire (pay) of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped [and not been justly paid] are entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth.
5:5 Ye [rich] have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
5:6 Ye [rich] have condemned [and] murdered the just; [and] he [the poor labourer] doth not resist you.
5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.
5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Remember that Jesus came to restore The Law of God.

Matthew
5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy The Law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no way pass from The Law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least COMMANDments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the Kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach [them], the same shall be called great in the Kingdom of heaven.
5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall EXCEED [the righteousness] of the lawyers and politicians, ye shall in no case enter into the Kingdom of heaven.

Essential Part of the Royal Law of Liberty (= God's Law, James 2:12) is the forgiveness of debts every seven years.

Deuteronomy
15:1 At the end of [every] seven years thou shalt make a release.
15:2 And this [is] the manner of the release: Every creditor that lendeth [ought] unto his neighbour shall release [it]; he shall not exact [it] of his neighbour, or of his brother; because it is called the "I AM"'s release.
15:3 Of a Gentile (someone who is not an Israelite) thou mayest exact [it again]: but [that] which is thine with thy brother thine hand shall release;
15:4 TO THE END THAT THERE BE NO POOR AMONG YOU; for the "I AM" shall greatly bless thee in the land which the "I AM" thy God giveth thee [for] an inheritance to possess it:
15:5 Only if thou carefully hearken unto the voice of the "I AM" thy God, to observe to do all these Commandments which I command thee this day.

After seven times seven years it is required under The Law to have a Jubilee Year and to proclaim Liberty throughout all the land and unto ALL the inhabitants thereof.

25:8 And thou shalt number seven Sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and the space of the seven Sabbaths of years shall be unto thee forty and nine years.
25:9 Then shalt thou cause the trumpet of The Jubile to sound on the tenth [day] of the seventh month, in The Day of Atonement shall ye make the trumpet sound throughout all your land.
25:10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim Liberty throughout [all] the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.
25:11 A jubile shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather [the grapes] in it of thy vine undressed.
25:12 For it [is] The Jubile; it shall be holy unto you: ye shall eat the increase thereof out of the field.
25:13 In the year of this jubile ye shall return every man unto his possession.
25:14 And if thou sell ought unto thy neighbour, or buyest [ought] of thy neighbour's hand, ye shall not oppress one another:

If it had come to people keeping God's Law again there would in effect be no poor people and consequently no crimes, no homeless, no oppression, no modern-day slaves (employees) and plain and simple no jealousy. Heaven on Earth.

Lisa

Superstar
a "true christian" is one who follows what Christ said, which was to follow the laws
Nope! He didn’t say that. He did say..
Matthew‬ ‭11:28-30‬ ‭
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
‭‭

1) Love God
2) Love your neighbours as yourself

He said those 2 laws encompase all previous laws.

If you do not love your neighbour as yourself YOU ARE NOT A TRUE CHRISTIAN.
How do you think those are to play out then..in real life?

Christ also said that for a "rich man" to enter into the kingdom of heaven, it would almost be impossible.
Matthew‬ ‭19:23-26‬ ‭
And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” When the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, “Then who can be saved?” And looking at them Jesus said to them, “With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
‭‭

Make of that what you will, but there are A LOT of "fake Christians" out there, and Christ said he has nothing to do with any of these people, and that when they cry out to him, he will say "I never knew you"
And?

Christ said the way you treat those on the bottom of society is HOW YOU TREAT HIM. If you do things to the people on the lowest rungs of society, you are in actuality doing them to Christ.
All sin is against God...

Eat the rich started around the 80s I believe, with the recession people losing jobs, there is archive footage of the slogan as graffiti.
Eat the rich is an abbreviation of a saying attributed to Jean-Jacques Rousseau: “When the people shall have nothing more to eat, they'll eat the rich

I think now it's because people are suffering, can't pay bills, can't afford food and are losing jobs while the rich get richer.

Just think about the last few weeks, you have millionaires sitting in their giant houses, crying about how hard they have it, because they have to quarentine with their built in cinema and swimming pools, people see this and think what the hell! Especially those forced to keep on working so they can pay bills and buy food even though they are scared to get an illnes.
Add to the hypocracy we we have seen lately with rich celebs preaching to us about climate change, r*pe, abuse, and how people should eat, while they themselves travel in private jets and limos.

It's not just celebs people are turning against the royal family in the UK, it's slow but it's happening.
So eat the rich is sort a slogan for all of this

I think the title of this thread should be changed to Lisa and Haich have an off topic dull af argument.
Isnt there a mod on here to moderate them? Block them even, they have ruined this thread.
Anyway back on topic.. I had no idea this was such a popular tag on social media - shouldn't it be trending then?
Eat The Rich is a song by Aerosmith and no its not about encouraging cannibalism :rolleyes: its about social justice

Aero

Superstar
My whole thing about rich vs poor is that both types have more in common than they want to think.

Also, it should be made clear that when we say eat the rich, we are talking about the *ultra* rich. The type of people who have way more than they will ever need.

Helioform

Star
Steve Jobs was worth 10 billions because of stock valuation, not because of profit. And it is very common for these tech companies to have negative earnings or low profit for years and the CEO becomes rich because he was able to fool investors into buying their stocks even though they had a shitty company that was inefficient. Amazon is the perfect example of that being millions in the red each quarter for years until very recently where they started earning a profit. And who knows if that profit was not just stocks earnings being reinvested in the company. Amazon effectively killed their competition because Bezos used low pricing and was willing to have negative earnings knowing he could get rich just because of stocks.

Also CEOs earn in average 278 times the salary of their workers, which has seen a 1000% increase in recent decades. Do you think that is fair?

Lisa

Superstar
Steve Jobs was worth 10 billions because of stock valuation, not because of profit. And it is very common for these tech companies to have negative earnings or low profit for years and the CEO becomes rich because he was able to fool investors into buying their stocks even though they had a shitty company that was inefficient. Amazon is the perfect example of that being millions in the red each quarter for years until very recently where they started earning a profit. And who knows if that profit was not just stocks earnings being reinvested in the company. Amazon effectively killed their competition because Bezos used low pricing and was willing to have negative earnings knowing he could get rich just because of stocks.

Also CEOs earn in average 278 times the salary of their workers, which has seen a 1000% increase in recent decades. Do you think that is fair?

I think if I had a company and it did well..I would pay myself what I felt like paying myself..which is the whole point of starting my own company.

Why would I go through the hassle of starting my own company to just be poor?

justjess

Superstar
I think if I had a company and it did well..I would pay myself what I felt like paying myself..which is the whole point of starting my own company.

Why would I go through the hassle of starting my own company to just be poor?
The space between poor and billionaire is very wide Lisa.

Lil axe

Veteran
was an old movie about it, motorhead wrote a song about it in the 1980's -