Eat the rich movement?

Haich

Superstar
You tell me what Jesus did for the poor...scripture please.
Am I Christian to be quoting your book??

That's why I asked you. What did he do for the poor when he was on earth?

Lisa

Superstar
Yeah, that’s true. Very difficult if you don’t have anyone to speak it with.
Yes! I really wanted to be able to speak it..but realized that no one I knew spoke it and weren’t interested in speaking it. I didn’t realize until too late that by quitting I also lost the retention of being able to read it..and I think it might be too hard to get that back without trying to find another teacher to help me. I could even write a little...darn..I didn’t think about those things when I quit it.

Lisa

Superstar
Am I Christian to be quoting your book??

That's why I asked you. What did he do for the poor when he was on earth?
Why should I come up with anything if you don’t know?

illuminatimess

Veteran
Ya, Idk what God would do to help people..it would be purely hypothetical to come up with anything and I don’t do that.

You tell me what Jesus did for the poor...scripture please.

I have a sign in my kitchen that says cultivate the habit of being grateful..it is a habit isn’t it? Once you start being grateful for what you have..the jealousy issue goes away.

I guess we would have to get to the root of why people have nothing and rely on handouts..something that we could do if we were honest about it...Not everyone just has things happen to them that they can’t control or aren’t a part of the problem...
John 13:1–17 recounts Jesus' performance of this act. In verses 13:14–17, He instructs His disciples: If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

He even washed the feet of the poorest people. That should show us how humble he was, despite his status as a messenger of God.

Haich

Superstar
Why should I come up with anything if you don’t know?
Wtf are you talking about?

I am not a Christian. I do not read the bible. That is why I asked you, what did jesus do for the poor whilst he was on earth?

Lisa

Superstar
John 13:1–17 recounts Jesus' performance of this act. In verses 13:14–17, He instructs His disciples: If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

He even washed the feet of the poorest people. That should show us how humble he was, despite his status as a messenger of God.
Sure..and?

Lisa

Superstar
Wtf are you talking about?

I am not a Christian. I do not read the bible. That is why I asked you, what did jesus do for the poor whilst he was on earth?
I thought you had something in mind when you asked that question...

Haich

Superstar
I thought you had something in mind when you asked that question...
You are so paranoid wow. I have no agenda here, Lisa. I'm genuinely asking you what the bible says that jesus did for the poor...

That is all.

If you don't know, just say.

Or are you frantically flicking through the pages as I type?

Lisa

Superstar
So he washed the feet of poor people?

Incredibly selfless and giving. Love it.

Would you do that @Lisa?
Wash the feet of poor people? Why not give them the Good News? That’s the most loving thing I could do for anyone..give them a way to have their sins forgiven and be saved. Which is what God tells His disciples to do.

Lisa

Superstar
You are so paranoid wow. I have no agenda here, Lisa. I'm genuinely asking you what the bible says that jesus did for the poor...

That is all.

If you don't know, just say.

Or are you frantically flicking through the pages as I type?
I’m not paranoid...how is it paranoid to think you might have been thinking of something?

No, not frantically looking for anything..I’m not looking for anything at all.

Lisa

Superstar
I have to disappoint you, but he is not. He is his messenger, but up to you. Not interested in convincing someone of something else :)
The Bible doesn’t say He’s anyone’s messenger..but does say He is God’s only begotten Son...makes Him God as well.

justjess

Superstar
1. Matthew 25:34-40 “Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, my Father has blessed you! Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me into your home. I needed clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you took care of me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ “Then the people who have God’s approval will reply to him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you or see you thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you as a stranger and take you into our homes or see you in need of clothes and give you something to wear? When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ “The king will answer them, ‘I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you did for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did for me.’

@Haich

Haich

Superstar
Wash the feet of poor people? Why not give them the Good News? That’s the most loving thing I could do for anyone..give them a way to have their sins forgiven and be saved. Which is what God tells His disciples to do.
You always rabbit on about good news...people need concrete steps to achieving spiritual peace and enlightenment...

This is the issue with belief alone. Spread the good news but it's a no from me.

Haich

Superstar
I’m not paranoid...how is it paranoid to think you might have been thinking of something?

No, not frantically looking for anything..I’m not looking for anything at all.
First you thought I was talking about the homelessness thread and now you think I was conspiring...I think this lockdown is getting to you!

Doth protest too much? Hmm...

I've asked you multiple times to demonstrate how Jesus looked after the poor. You haven't provided me with any scripture. I have to conclude that you don't know your bible and as a result, are deficient in your biblical knowledge, voiding our discussion about the topic.

I'll be leaving the conversation there since you have nothing of substance to post to me.

Take care.

Haich

Superstar
1. Matthew 25:34-40 “Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, my Father has blessed you! Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me into your home. I needed clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you took care of me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’ “Then the people who have God’s approval will reply to him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you or see you thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you as a stranger and take you into our homes or see you in need of clothes and give you something to wear? When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ “The king will answer them, ‘I can guarantee this truth: Whatever you did for one of my brothers or sisters, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did for me.’

@Haich
@Lisa

There are some fantastic bits about giving a share of your wealth to help the poor and taking care of those in need or less fortunate.

Thanks for this jess, this is exactly what true Christians stand for but I doubt Lisa would agree.

Lisa

Superstar
You always rabbit on about good news...people need concrete steps to achieving spiritual peace and enlightenment...

This is the issue with belief alone. Spread the good news but it's a no from me.
You have that choice...its a bad choice in my opinion...and one that you will eventually come to regret..but I hope for your sake that you are blessed with faith in Jesus and are saved..you and your family. :)

First you thought I was talking about the homelessness thread and now you think I was conspiring...I think this lockdown is getting to you!

Doth protest too much? Hmm...

I've asked you multiple times to demonstrate how Jesus looked after the poor. You haven't provided me with any scripture. I have to conclude that you don't know your bible and as a result, are deficient in your biblical knowledge, voiding our discussion about the topic.

I'll be leaving the conversation there since you have nothing of substance to post to me.

Take care.
Do I need to provide you with any scripture? If you don’t know, don’t read the Bible..do I owe you?