Eat My Words!

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
19332.jpg

I just had an idea today as I was pondering on the Exodus and the Mana the wandering Israelites are each day...

So often, "truthers" can become absorbed in research, exposing schemes and so on and literally be spiritually starving! I'm not saying there is no place for these things, but an army marches on its stomach and we all need to eat something to have strength.

I came to realise this for myself a few weeks back and I felt it would be a good thing to create an open ended thread where followers of Jesus on this forum could share what they had received.

Apparently one great theologian was questioned on what the most profound truth he had learned after a lifetime of study. He paused then replied "Yes, Jesus loves me - the Bible tells me so". Whether you have just got saved and can't get over John 3:16 or you have been wandering amongst the minor prophets finding pearls of wisdom, why not share what you have with your brothers and sisters here?

iron-sharpens-iron3.jpg

Thunderian

Superstar
"Yes, Jesus loves me - the Bible tells me so".
This is what it all comes down to. Amen.

I listen to the Bible often while I'm working, and hearing it (instead of reading it) can be a very different experience. It's easy to hear a certain verse and follow the thoughts while Scourby keeps going. One thing that is constantly impressed on me as I listen is how much of the Bible relates to events that are still to come. Fulfilled prophecy authenticates the word of God, and there is so much that will come to pass before all this is over.

The other thought I am reminded of is the verse from Isaiah 28, "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little." The Bible's message -- Yes, Jesus loves me -- is affirmed over and over again. Praise God for his love and his word!

Vytas

Star
Random train of thoughts caused by your meme :)

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Eze 3:1 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.
Eze 3:2 So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll.
Eze 3:3 And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.