Earthquakes in diverse places

Maes17

Superstar
I have a hard time mustering any sympathy for PR, especially after all the ingratitude during our last round of disaster relief. That mouthy mayor standing in a warehouse full of supplies, screeching about how they weren't getting any supplies? And then, lo and behold, it comes to light that, unsurprisingly, she, the governor and all their cronies were stockpiling and selling the donations.

Frankly, I don't see another national outpouring of concern, money and supplies from the US to PR any time soon. Besides, we still have our hands full helping the Bahamas. And the hundred other countries in line to see what they can beg off Uncle Sam. Call me all the names you want, but you know it is very likely that's how it's going to play out. Blue-collar Joe and Jane ain't gonna give a dime to that island. Trump will be damned if he does and damned if he don't, just like last time.

They've been playing both sides of the US/not US thing for so long, our patience was already thin to begin with. (For those unfamiliar: PR is a US territory, which means they get most of the benefits of US citizenship, except their votes only count in local politics, and they don't pay income tax, while at the same time they pretend to be their own country, with all the third-world corruption being a Latino country entails. For the politicians, it's the best of both worlds, for the rest, not so much. Except the people who rob the tourists. They love it as much as the politicians because they never go to jail either.)

There was some separatist group of Puerto Riquenos that tried to blow up Congress in D.C in the 70's. More people remember that little bout of terrorism than ole Dizzy Lizzy Warren would like to believe. I see her as being at the forefront of the screeching contingent on this issue, just as she is on every other issue, apparently.

A lot of Americans are going to ignore PR as best they can for as long as they can, and then maybe throw them a few scraps, that's it. Sure, the lefties will wail and moan and tell us how "mean", "heartless" and "racist" we are, but they do that every day anyways, so big whoop. If I had to guess, we'll probably be sending our spare cash to Australia. Koala bears and farmers engender more sympathy than pick-pockets and poisonous frogs.
Damn. You dislike puerto rico huh?
I hate reggeaton music, so my puto rico downvote is cause of that.

Lisa

Superstar
Earthquake hits Rome as the city emerges from coronavirus lockdown
  • Magnitude 3.3 quake struck at 5.03am 10 miles north of the Italian capital
  • Firefighters received numerous calls, but no reports of injuries or damage
  • Italy is one of Europe's most earthquake-prone countries thanks to fault lines running along the Apennine mountain range
  • The country's last major earthquake struck in 2016, leaving 299 people dead

Lisa

Superstar
As The World Is Distracted By COVID-19, A Series Of Large Earthquakes Is Rocking “The Ring Of Fire”

Maes17

Superstar
Earthquake hits Rome as the city emerges from coronavirus lockdown
  • Magnitude 3.3 quake struck at 5.03am 10 miles north of the Italian capital
  • Firefighters received numerous calls, but no reports of injuries or damage
  • Italy is one of Europe's most earthquake-prone countries thanks to fault lines running along the Apennine mountain range
  • The country's last major earthquake struck in 2016, leaving 299 people dead
Italy has had a bad 2020

Lisa

Superstar
Magnitude 5.5 quake hits shaky California desert region

Lisa

Superstar
Powerful quake strikes southern Mexico, tsunami warning issued

Lisa

Superstar
Central California is rocked by a 5.8 magnitude earthquake and more than TEN aftershocks triggering a rock slide just two days after a 4.6 quake in the same area

Lisa

Superstar
North Carolina is rocked by 5.1 magnitude earthquake - the most powerful in the state for 104 years