E-Bikes

Anyone reading this thread can see what you actually said
Yes, they can.

that you believe electric bikes are stupid
I do. Im entitled to my opinion.

that the elderly and less physically fit people can’t really benefit from the use of electric bikes (nor anyone else in your opinion)
Correct. They can't. It's still a hazard for balancing on it.

But those that are able to ride a normal bike can ride an ebike. I'm not stopping them, as you seem to think i am..

that the sure word of prophecy about us destroying the earth isn’t true (2 Pet. 1:17-21; Rev. 11:18) because some scientists say so (1 Tim. 5:20),
2 Peter 1:17-21 says NOTHING about destroying the earth.

17For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

You're so dishonest with your Bible references that it is necessary to double check literally every verse you post...

And if it isn't climate scientists that said the earth is being destroyed and we should use electric power instead, then who was it?

that anyone who points out the benefits of using free, renewable energy in combination with electric bikes is allegedly “virtue signaling”
You accused me of not knowing that people use bicycles to go to work, not knowing ANYTHING about me coming from a background of poverty.

People with money riding bikes when they could afford a car is a form of virtue signaling. I see it struck a nerve.

You then pretend there is no direct correlation with 5% of the world’s population using 20% of the world’s oil and producing 25% of the world’s waste, as if God wants us to be as wasteful as possible (Matt. 14:19-20).
There is no correlation between my fellow americans' consumer patterns and my own.
Nor do you know ANYTHING about me and about whether or not i reuse or save items.

You follow that by pretending that you aren’t promoting materialism, even though you’re attacking those who are pointing out that runaway consumerism IS, in FACT, destroying the planet, and portraying others as stupid who don't adopt your worldly point of view.
How is me owning a car "runaway consumerism" or "materialism"? I'm not the one being ridiculous here...

For all you know all i buy is food and used items, but because i use a (old, used) car, i'm the picture of materialism and consumerism. Whatever.

And i never called anyone stupid. I said electric bikes are dumb, and i stand by that. My opinion does not mean people who find it works out for them have to change their habits. We're not a hive mind - people are allowed to disagree.

When has it EVER been personally said that the poor should die because they are poor (Matt. 5:3)? IF we were walking WITH God, by keeping His Law and DOING His Will, no one would have to experience human death (Gen. 5:22-24).
The fall already happened. We are not immortal.

And you know by "poor" i meant "unfortunate", not destitute.
If you have something meaningful/beneficial to share with others in this thread, and by that what is meant is something other than your personal opinion, then please feel free to do so. Otherwise, start your own thread about your opinions elsewhere
No, i'll post where i please. Funny how there's trolls running around but you're so concerned by me disagreeing with you.

Electric bikes can be very beneficial and help a multitude of people in a number of different ways, including lessening our negative impact on our natural surroundings.
And regular bikes can be just as beneficial...
Also don't involve having to use child labor for mining for lithium. Or disposing of this lithium.
But sure, let's only use the solutions the elites think up for us...

A Freeman

Superstar
that the sure word of prophecy about us destroying the earth isn’t true (2 Pet. 1:17-21; Rev. 11:18) because some scientists say so (1 Tim. 5:20)
2 Peter 1:17-21 says NOTHING about destroying the earth.

17For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

You're so dishonest with your Bible references that it is necessary to double check literally every verse you post...
You are AGAIN very hypocritically accusing me of doing what YOU are actually doing.

There were TWO passages quoted, which together line up perfectly with what was personally referenced. You conveniently left out the second verse, so you can pretend someone else was being dishonest to try to hide that YOU were/are being dishonest.

that THE SURE WORD OF PROPHECY about US DESTROYING THE EARTH isn’t true (2 Pet. 1:17-21; Rev. 11:18)

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more SURE WORD OF PROPHECY; WHEREUNTO YE DO WELL THAT YE TAKE HEED, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, and the Time of the "Dead" (Matt. 8:22), that they should be Judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy Servants the Prophets, and to the holy people, and them that fear Thy name, small and great; AND SHOULDEST DESTROY THEM WHICH DESTROY THE EARTH.

It's no wonder you are so easily misled given the fact you cannot honestly and objectively read and evaluate a simple statement and its references.

Learn to destroy your ego (which is where your "personal opinions" originate) or it will destroy YOU (the REAL you, the spiritual-Being/Soul).

Last edited:
Turning every thread into cut and paste Bible quotes, no wonder those who mistake you as a Christian dislike Christians...

Putting my response under spoiler out of respect for those who are here to read about bicycles, not Bible quotes

You are AGAIN very hypocritically accusing me of doing what YOU are actually doing.

There were TWO passages quoted, which together line up perfectly with what was personally referenced. You conveniently left out the second verse, so you can pretend someone else was being dishonest to try to hide that YOU were/are being dishonest.

that THE SURE WORD OF PROPHECY about US DESTROYING THE EARTH isn’t true (2 Pet. 1:17-21; Rev. 11:18)

2 Peter 2:19 We have also a more SURE WORD OF PROPHECY; WHEREUNTO YE DO WELL THAT YE TAKE HEED, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, and the Time of the "Dead" (Matt. 8:22), that they should be Judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy Servants the Prophets, and to the holy people, and them that fear Thy name, small and great; AND SHOULDEST DESTROY THEM WHICH DESTROY THE EARTH.
So, your rebuttal is that you will quote 2Peter1:19 (not 2:19, maybe fix your typo) next to any verse to claim your 2 witnesses? After how in the past you've told me that 2 verses are necessary, not just one?

Wow.

Provide a verse that actually claims our salvation hinges on environmentalism, specifically in the form or rejecting cars and instead using electric bicycles.

As if it wasn't enough that you claim people need to follow old testament Law "as written in the first 5 books", you add on to the Law as well.

Learn to destroy your ego (which is where your "personal opinions" originate) or it will destroy YOU (the REAL you, the spiritual-Being/Soul).
If it agrees with you it's "truth", if it is in disgreement it is "ego/opinion", to make it clear what you're saying.
No.
You're not God.

Safety issues with electric bikes

You might think that increased technology would translate to increased safety. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. To discover whether e-bikes are truly a safer alternative to regular bikes, take a look at the statistics below.

According to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission’s National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS), e-bikes do appear to be more dangerous.

Here are some facts from the study’s findings:

• E-bike riders are more likely to suffer from internal injuries
  • E-bike riding injuries are three times more likely to involve a crash with a pedestrian
  • E-bikes riders are more likely to suffer from concussions
Concerningly, e-bike accident victims have a 17% risk of internal injury. Pedal-bike accident victims, on the other hand, have a 7.5% risk of the same type of injury.

The average pedal bicycle will reach around 15 mph, which is significantly slower than the average e-bike. This fact alone seems to indicate that e-bikes are more dangerous.

Outside of operator error, there are other factors that make e-bikes more dangerous than their traditional counterparts. Defective e-bikes can result in catastrophic injuries and accidents.

These defects can take several forms, including:

• Battery fires
  • Tire blowouts
  • Bearing lock-ups
  • Front-wheel hub fork failures
  • Controller malfunctions
  • Battery malfunctions
  • Throttle stickiness
Higher risks of internal injuries compared to normal bikes.

While people riding e-bikes were more likely to suffer internal injuries and be hospitalized compared to the other riders, powered scooter users had higher rates of concussion. E-bike injuries were also more than three times as likely to involve a collision with a pedestrian than either scooter or traditional bike injuries, the researchers report in the journal Injury Prevention.

Most significantly, the study found injuries from e-bikes in particular were more serious, said DiMaggio, who directs the injury research program in the division of trauma and surgical critical care at NYU Langone Health in New York City.

But 17% of e-bike accident victims suffered internal injuries compared to about 7.5% for both powered scooters and pedal bikes.

“With the power assist engaged, e-bikes are capable of speeds well over 20 miles an hour,” DiMaggio pointed out.

“By contrast, average speeds for more traditional bikes like the New York City (rental) Citi Bikes are less than 10 miles an hour. This near-doubling of potential speeds may be why e-bike injuries can be more serious,” he said.
More likely to hit a pedestrian than a regular bike if sharing space with pedestrians.

And, as someone who walks often, that is a concern.

Electric bicycle riders are often seen as responsible, eco-minded do-gooders making the selfless sacrifice of bike commuting to replace cars on the road and benefit us all, while motorcyclists are more commonly derided as organ-donating daredevils whose mere act of riding a motorcycle is considered an unnecessary risk.

But could things be backward? Could electric bikes actually be more dangerous than motorcycles?
A motorcycle moving steadily with traffic is less likely to get rear-ended than an e-bike being passed hundreds of times each trip.
But if sharing the road with cars, they're likely to get hit by the many cars that pass them. I don't think bicycles, electric or otherwise, are supposed to be competing for the same road space. A car has 1000s of pounds of "armor", and as the article mentioned, unlike motorcycle riders bike riders don't tend to take safety gear seriously.

In the end, people will do what they choose. I'm just saying that ebikes are not an all pro, no cons type of situation.

Regular bikes don't tend to catch on fire, just saying...

Multiple reasons are cited for the surge in lithium fire incidents. Some point to hazardous charging practices like the use of mismatched equipment to charge the devices and overcharging as a problem. Using damaged or refurbished batteries can also pose issues. Others blame a lack of proper safety testing and regulation.

Though lithium-ion batteries are also used in cellphones and computers, e-mobility devices pose a bigger threat as their lithium batteries tend to be larger and more susceptible to wear and tear.

Cheap e-bikes became popular in New York during the COVID-19 pandemic when public transit was affected and orders for food deliveries surged. People who buy e-bikes usually charge these vehicles inside apartments, posing a significant risk to the residents.

The situation has gotten so worse that some landlords in New York have banned e-bikes and other e-mobility devices.

In a March 20 press release, the City of New York admitted that “fires caused by batteries that power e-micromobility devices are a significant problem in New York City … These fires are particularly severe and difficult to extinguish, spreading quickly and producing noxious fumes.”

Even as NYC Mayor Eric Adams promotes e-bikes as a “convenient transportation” option for New Yorkers, he admitted that faulty and illegal devices are making their way into homes and streets, triggering fires and “putting lives at risk.”

To deal with the problem of lithium battery fires, the Fire Department of the City of New York (FDNY) is recommending that citizens only buy lithium battery devices certified by a nationally recognized testing laboratory like Underwriters Laboratory (UL).

When using batteries, the manufacturer’s charging and storage instructions must be adhered to. Batteries should be kept away from heat sources and anything flammable, and must be maintained at room temperature, it advises.

People should avoid using aftermarket or generic batteries. They should desist from overcharging and avoid leaving the batteries charging overnight. When charging, the battery should be away from a person’s bed, pillow, or couch. While charging e-bikes, FDNY advises people to never leave them unattended.

A fire that is difficult to put out is not something that sounds manageable in an off-the-grid scenario at all...