E-Bikes

I this is very good innovation for the betterment of climate chnage we need to reduce the poluttion many as we can this will efffect the enviorment to some extent ...
Agreed, it also helps that a bicycle is much lighter than a car or even a motorbike, so with the same amount of energy you could go much further, due to the reduction in weight. If more people started using them, it could save energy and thereby it would help the environment.

Last edited:

TruthSucker

Established
Aha. So an E-Bike is a nice way to catch some oxygen. Is that so. A long time ago, this was just called bicycle. Do you remember?
But that was really a long time ago. I think like ... last millenium or so. Waaaaay back. That was also the time where people used normal toothbrushes instead of electric ones. And scooters were moved by muscle power.

But since people become this:
... times changed.

But yeah, I liked the era where trousers became electrified so you don't have to spent too much energy on walking.

Aha. So an E-Bike is a nice way to catch some oxygen. Is that so. A long time ago, this was just called bicycle. Do you remember?
But that was really a long time ago. I think like ... last millenium or so. Waaaaay back. That was also the time where people used normal toothbrushes instead of electric ones. And scooters were moved by muscle power.

But since people become this:
... times changed.

But yeah, I liked the era where trousers became electrified so you don't have to spent too much energy on walking.
That was a funny movie, but they went too far, by giving themselves over to only eating vast amounts of easily obtainable fast foods in basically unlimited amounts, and no longer getting up... That's not exactly what we were proposing with the mention of this new biking innovation.

Having the electric hub on an otherwise standard bicycle, adds the feature of electric assistance, thereby presenting the rider with a new experience.

For instance, have you ever lived in an area where there are nice roads to cycle on, but lots of hills? Sure, you can train on them until you get stronger leg muscles and can easily defeat them, but this puts many people off. There are also other factors you may wish to consider. Lets say, you want to ride your bike to school or work, to be able to enjoy the feeling of freedom of being in the outdoor air, etc. but you don't want to get your body all sweaty, by the time you get to where you are wanting to go. And you live somewhere where there are lots of hills to go up... That will put most people off, from even giving it a go.

But now, lets say you could have an electric hub on your standard bicycle, that helps you get up those hills with much less effort required, and no sweat. Would you not prefer to have the option? I know I would. Plus, it adds another feature, which can be lots of fun to play with.

Some of the bikes have peddle assist, which just makes the peddling go easier, and you can adjust speed or power levels, as needed. Or, you can set it up with a throttle, and control the power that way.

Now, if you think back to the people in Wally.. they are shown to be completely stuck in their chairs. The abundance of easily obtainable, high calorie, highly processed, MSG enhanced (chemical laden) fast foods, in almost unlimited amounts, has caused lots of people to become overweight in many of the developed countries, like in the US. In Europe, people have it too, but they are not generally nearly as overweight, perhaps due to differences in the culture, but it's still a problem there, too. But not to get off track, being overweight (and the way society has "worked" for the past decades, has not really helped people to want to do things like make some healthy balanced meals after slaving away all week at multiple jobs) when they can just grab some fast food and not have to cook, and hit the couch and put on MSM TV to numb the senses and have some beers too etc.

Say, you know some of these people, you have family, friends, neigbours, etc. Now, if you have a regular bicycle, you might show it to them and say, hey, check out my bicycle, it has a nice chain and nifty paint job, etc. But you are not likely not going to find it very easy, if you want to try to to get them to join you for some sociable afternoon cycling. To help get them into it, if you want to help by trying to positively influence them. You might succeed, but then again, chances may not be that good.

Now, lets say you get an E-Bike, and show it to them. Wow, cool, check this out, it's called an E-Bike, and it has a lithium battery and electric wheel hub, and you can recharge it with solar, etc. etc. It's got pedal assist, or throttle, and so on.. They may be much more likely to get interested, because if they get one too, then now, if you go cycling together with your neighbour, they might feel less intimidated by the whole idea and be more likely to join you. It may give them a new idea, and reason to want to get off the couch, and start spending more time outside, etc.

So, given this kind of hypothetical scenario, don't you think that an e-bike might have its benefits? Because you can still ride it like a regular bike, the idea is not to turn into a motorbike, although some people have done it in ridiculous ways (I posted a video of this before, but then decided on removing it later,for safety reasons, it was so ridiculous).

It's more of an added feature and adding to the fun of cycling, plus it can open up possibilities, like using it to commute and don't want to get sweaty, for instance. Just some ideas, maybe to think about. I think, this is a great idea and it can be for many people, who otherwise don't want to ride a bike because they are intimidated thinking it will be too much effort, or that they can't because they are not fit, etc.

But if you have an e-bike, you might be able to give them the opportunity to get back into it, and at least get them out off the couch and out of the house and then, you never know, they might really enjoy it and start getting into cycling

Last edited:

TruthSucker

Established
First, I wanna thank you for the effort you spend in your answer, appreciate it.

For instance, have you ever lived in an area where there are nice roads to cycle on, but lots of hills? Sure, you can train on them until you get stronger leg muscles and can easily defeat them, but this puts many people off. There are also other factors you may wish to consider. Lets say, you want to ride your bike to school or work, to be able to enjoy the feeling of freedom of being in the outdoor air, etc. but you don't want to get your body all sweaty, by the time you get to where you are wanting to go. And you live somewhere where there are lots of hills to go up... That will put most people off, from even giving it a go.
Yes, I have. And was the best place i lived so far. Riding a bicylce in a hilly area is the most fun I ever had with my bicycle. Cause first comes the work, then you'll get rewarded. But most people today just wanna have the award without putting some honest work in it. Sorry, but that pisses me off. If you worked hard for something, you appreciate it.

But now, lets say you could have an electric hub on your standard bicycle, that helps you get up those hills with much less effort required, and no sweat. Would you not prefer to have the option? I know I would. Plus, it adds another feature, which can be lots of fun to play with.
See answer above.

Say, you know some of these people, you have family, friends, neigbours, etc. Now, if you have a regular bicycle, you might show it to them and say, hey, check out my bicycle, it has a nice chain and nifty paint job, etc. But you are not likely not going to find it very easy, if you want to try to to get them to join you for some sociable afternoon cycling. To help get them into it, if you want to help by trying to positively influence them. You might succeed, but then again, chances may not be that good.
No one said life is easy. See answer above. My way was always the tough one.
The easy way is spending money for people repairing your stuff, the hard way is: do it by yourself.
People today are mostly slaves of their own stuff. I'm no slave. I wanna be independent (in general).

Now, lets say you get an E-Bike, and show it to them. Wow, cool, check this out, it's called an E-Bike, and it has a lithium battery (...)
Got it? Lithium battery. Whats cool about that? Maybe these people know the answer ...

So, given this kind of hypothetical scenario, don't you think that an e-bike might have its benefits? Because you can still ride it like a regular bike, the idea is not to turn into a motorbike, although some people have done it in ridiculous ways (I posted a video of this before, but then decided on removing it later,for safety reasons, it was so ridiculous).
Absolutely. Lets say you are 70 years old, your knees are making trouble and you can't ride a regular bicycle. Go for it.
Let's say you are 30 years old, you can ride a regular bicycle cause you are healthy enough. Move your ass.

It's more of an added feature and adding to the fun of cycling
Totally cool feature, that's what it's all about today, being cool and "fancy".

plus it can open up possibilities, like using it to commute and don't want to get sweaty
I never understood what should be wrong about getting sweaty. Honestly, I like getting sweaty. Cause this way I know I pushed some physical borders PLUS I did something for my health.

I think, this is a great idea and it can be for many people, who otherwise don't want to ride a bike because they are intimidated thinking it will be too much effort, or that they can't because they are not fit, etc.
This way, they will never become fit. Don't you understand? It is work. Work is hard. Hard way = good way. Not always of course but most the time.

I get what you're saying, and don't disagree, many good points made. "If you worked hard for something, you appreciate it." Absolutely. People tend to want everything to be easy instead of being willing to face challenges and do the work needed to get past them.

Last edited:
First, I wanna thank you for the effort you spend in your answer, appreciate it.

Yes, I have. And was the best place i lived so far. Riding a bicylce in a hilly area is the most fun I ever had with my bicycle. Cause first comes the work, then you'll get rewarded. But most people today just wanna have the award without putting some honest work in it. Sorry, but that pisses me off. If you worked hard for something, you appreciate it.

See answer above.

No one said life is easy. See answer above. My way was always the tough one.
The easy way is spending money for people repairing your stuff, the hard way is: do it by yourself.
People today are mostly slaves of their own stuff. I'm no slave. I wanna be independent (in general).

Got it? Lithium battery. Whats cool about that? Maybe these people know the answer ...

Absolutely. Lets say you are 70 years old, your knees are making trouble and you can't ride a regular bicycle. Go for it.
Let's say you are 30 years old, you can ride a regular bicycle cause you are healthy enough. Move your ass.

Totally cool feature, that's what it's all about today, being cool and "fancy".

I never understood what should be wrong about getting sweaty. Honestly, I like getting sweaty. Cause this way I know I pushed some physical borders PLUS I did something for my health.

This way, they will never become fit. Don't you understand? It is work. Work is hard. Hard way = good way. Not always of course but most the time.
A few things that you may not have considered about E-bikes:

- E-bikes are an equalizer, in other words, people of different ages (including the elderly) and fitness levels can have much more fun cycling together.

- As E-bikes gain in popularity, it means less people riding around in cars when a ride on a nice e-bike would do. That means less CO2 being emitted into the atmosphere.

- You can recharge your E-bike battery using solar or wind energy, which means you can recharge it for free (after having set up your own solar or wind power generation).

- Whenever you don't want the push from the hub motor, you can just turn off the electricity with the push of a button and ride it like good old fashioned normal bicycle.

There are more benefits like these, but probably the best one on the list, is that if more people start using bicycles, then it means less cars are being used, which means less unneeded CO2 emission.

In the Netherlands, the Dutch have built excellent top notch bicycle infrastructure which makes cycling a pleasure. This makes cycling much more of a social activity than being a sport. People often cycle together in groups as you have your own complete road system with traffic lights and road signs, which is separate from the main road.

Couple of random videos, showing what cycle paths look like in the Netherlands

Last edited:

TruthSucker

Established
I'm sorry, but I can't follow your argumentation.

You say an E-Bike is better for the environment than a car. Sure, who would disagree.
But what is better for the environment, an E-Bike or a standard Bike? If you answered "E-Bike", you are wrong.

To me this is the wrong way. If the way to your work is too long for riding with the bike (which I could totally understand) then go by train with your bike. That easy. Imagine all the people now driving a car wanna have an E-Bike. How many batterys have to be produced to fulfill that demand? Globally? CO²? Resources? Energy? Waste?

Really, that's just stupid cause there's already a much better alternative.

Second: you argue "People who drive cars then ... blablabla". Wrong! You don't drive with your car to work because you originally wanted to take the bike. You drive with the car because you WANT to drive with the car!
You have to change minds here, not electrify something where there's absolutely no need for!

We have: trains, busses (is this the plural of bus??), bikes. I mean we already have everything we need so far to don't drive with the car. But people will do it anyway. Why? Cause they want to and they can afford it.

But the problem we have is totally different: this planet is overpopulated, more specifically, we use too much resources.
So: the only ways to solve this problem is:
a) make everything that uses energy "green" (wind, sun, water, geothermic)
b) make everything that uses energy more efficient (less energy consumption)

But what you talking about, a bike, isn't using energy at all! (human energy of course)
So you generate a completely new problem where there were no problem before at all! This way is bullshit!

Living "green" doesn't mean to now electrify everything.
I already thought about an electrical toilet-brush, with usb and led, you know? So you can listen to your music while cleaning your toilet with no effort. Wouldn't that be great for old people? What do you say?

Or what about people that are soooo old that they can't even bring up a single, normal thought. Don't they have the right to ride a bike? What about self-driving bikes?
I think every single person on this planet has THE RIGHT to visit all continents whenever they want, what about more planes?
What about more smartphones?
What about more TVs, Playstations, eggs, carrots, trips to Las Vegas, clothes, cars, bikes, chatting via whatsapp to everyone (and everywhere), streets, houses, money, plastic bags, children, funny colourful ballons, bigger, higher, further.

We fuck this planet. And you are telling me we need E-Bikes? Really?
Reduce yourself. Repair stuff. Don't buy cheap shit. Appreciate good quality and maintain.

We can't all fly to the bahamas for holiday. "We" (industry states) are fucking all the others. We destroy nature. We use the resources. We are producing CO².
You wanna change the world and make it a better place?
Change yourself.

I'm sorry, but I can't follow your argumentation.

You say an E-Bike is better for the environment than a car. Sure, who would disagree.
But what is better for the environment, an E-Bike or a standard Bike? If you answered "E-Bike", you are wrong.

To me this is the wrong way. If the way to your work is too long for riding with the bike (which I could totally understand) then go by train with your bike. That easy. Imagine all the people now driving a car wanna have an E-Bike. How many batterys have to be produced to fulfill that demand? Globally? CO²? Resources? Energy? Waste?

Really, that's just stupid cause there's already a much better alternative.

Second: you argue "People who drive cars then ... blablabla". Wrong! You don't drive with your car to work because you originally wanted to take the bike. You drive with the car because you WANT to drive with the car!
You have to change minds here, not electrify something where there's absolutely no need for!

We have: trains, busses (is this the plural of bus??), bikes. I mean we already have everything we need so far to don't drive with the car. But people will do it anyway. Why? Cause they want to and they can afford it.

But the problem we have is totally different: this planet is overpopulated, more specifically, we use too much resources.
So: the only ways to solve this problem is:
a) make everything that uses energy "green" (wind, sun, water, geothermic)
b) make everything that uses energy more efficient (less energy consumption)

But what you talking about, a bike, isn't using energy at all! (human energy of course)
So you generate a completely new problem where there were no problem before at all! This way is bullshit!

Living "green" doesn't mean to now electrify everything.
I already thought about an electrical toilet-brush, with usb and led, you know? So you can listen to your music while cleaning your toilet with no effort. Wouldn't that be great for old people? What do you say?

Or what about people that are soooo old that they can't even bring up a single, normal thought. Don't they have the right to ride a bike? What about self-driving bikes?
I think every single person on this planet has THE RIGHT to visit all continents whenever they want, what about more planes?
What about more smartphones?
What about more TVs, Playstations, eggs, carrots, trips to Las Vegas, clothes, cars, bikes, chatting via whatsapp to everyone (and everywhere), streets, houses, money, plastic bags, children, funny colourful ballons, bigger, higher, further.

We fuck this planet. And you are telling me we need E-Bikes? Really?
Reduce yourself. Repair stuff. Don't buy cheap shit. Appreciate good quality and maintain.

We can't all fly to the bahamas for holiday. "We" (industry states) are fucking all the others. We destroy nature. We use the resources. We are producing CO².
You wanna change the world and make it a better place?
Change yourself.
I've just (almost) finished repairing one that someone else had thrown away. It had serious wiring problems due to damage to the cable and so it the wires needed to be repaired and then the hub resealed again etc. They can be a nice option for some people, but hey if you don't like them, then I'm not saying you (or anyone else for that matter) needs to go out and buy one. For some people though and depending on circumstances, an e-bike can make a lot of sense and be useful. Not everyone has (or always wants to use) a car, etc.

Last edited:

Simka

Established
I used to be skeptical about e-bikes when they appeared but later changed my mind. I still ride a road bike and I like it, though I'm thinking about buying an e-bike for longer bike trips.

MonBra

Rookie
Great bikes and videos here, thanks! I'm thinking about buying a new bicycle. Thanks to this guide https://www.bikertricks.com/road-bike-types/ I've already figure out what types are out there, but I haven't decide which one will be good for me.
I know that Holmes bikes have gained a reputation for their quality and performance. They are known for their craftsmanship, attention to detail, and using high-quality materials. And a lot of cycling enthusiasts choose them. However, individual opinions may vary, so I think it is worth researching specific models and reading reviews before making a purchase.
Are there models you can recommend for sure? If you were going to buy a new bike now, would you choose a Holmes bike or another brand?

Last edited:
In my opinion electric bikes are dumb. If you wanna bicycle, there's nothing wrong with a regular human powered bike. Why does everything have to be "electric"?

CO2 causing "global warming" is a globalist, depopulation-mongerer lie. Plants need carbon dioxide. Maybe instead we should plant more trees and vegetation., rather than trying to electrify everything.

If someone is so out of shape they can't ride a regular bike, how are they supposed to keep their balance on the electric one anyway? The "out of shape/elderly person" argument just doesn't hold up.

A Freeman

Superstar
In my opinion electric bikes are dumb. If you wanna bicycle, there's nothing wrong with a regular human powered bike. Why does everything have to be "electric"?

CO2 causing "global warming" is a globalist, depopulation-mongerer lie. Plants need carbon dioxide. Maybe instead we should plant more trees and vegetation., rather than trying to electrify everything.

If someone is so out of shape they can't ride a regular bike, how are they supposed to keep their balance on the electric one anyway? The "out of shape/elderly person" argument just doesn't hold up.
Quick question, if you please:

Do you drive a car to the stores to do your grocery shopping and/or gathering of supplies? For most people in the U.S., the answer to this question would be "yes, of course".

If someone is living "off-the-grid" and is able to generate their own electricity through solar and wind power, then it is possible to recharge electric batteries -- like those that are used on electric bikes -- for free, making it possible to use an electric bike in place of a car.

It seems doubtful that you have considered what it would be like to live without a motorized car, and how you would gather supplies when your sole means of transportation on land (other than walking) was a bicycle.

Last edited:
Do you drive a car to the stores to do your grocery shopping and/or gathering of supplies? For most people in the U.S., the answer to this question would be "yes, of course".
Yes, unless im walking to the store two blocks away for a quick grocery run.
If someone is living "off-the-grid" and is able to generate their own electricity through solar and wind power, then it is possible to recharge electric batteries -- like those that are used on electric bikes -- for free, making it possible to use an electric bike in place of a car.

It seems doubtful that you have considered what it would be like to live without a motorized car, and how you would gather supplies when your sole means of transportation on land (other than walking) was a bicycle.
I disagree, a bicycle - motorized or otherwise - can't take the place of a car.

As i mentioned in my previous post, if someone if too elderly or disabled to ride a regular bike they would also struggle to balance on an electric bike. If someone is able to ride a bike, what wrong with just using a normal bike?

And yes, i have considered it. Walking while pulling a wagon. Of course, there are limitations. Which is why i would just go with the car unless we're talking about a completely car-less dystopia... and then, weather permiting, a regular bike.

Reasons to not bike everywhere instead of a car (like getting hit by an actual car, or adverse weather) affect electric bikes just as much as regular bikes. It is not, nor can be, a replacement for a car.

A Freeman

Superstar
Yes, unless im walking to the store two blocks away for a quick grocery run.

I disagree, a bicycle - motorized or otherwise - can't take the place of a car.

As i mentioned in my previous post, if someone if too elderly or disabled to ride a regular bike they would also struggle to balance on an electric bike. If someone is able to ride a bike, what wrong with just using a normal bike?

And yes, i have considered it. Walking while pulling a wagon. Of course, there are limitations. Which is why i would just go with the car unless we're talking about a completely car-less dystopia... and then, weather permiting, a regular bike.

Reasons to not bike everywhere instead of a car (like getting hit by an actual car, or adverse weather) affect electric bikes just as much as regular bikes. It is not, nor can be, a replacement for a car.
The reason for asking you about your personal use of a car -- which it appears you take for granted -- was in the hope it would prompt you to expand the otherwise narrow-minded view that formed your(?) judgmental opinion.

Unfortunately, you seem to be unable or unwilling to even consider what it would be like to be beyond walking distance from stores, and without a car, instead assuming someone must be too old or out of shape to ride a conventional bike. Are you not assuming that bikes are merely for recreational purposes in the formation of your worthless opinion that "electric bikes are dumb"?

For those of us who live without a car, and who for years had to make 20-25 mile round trips on a regular, pedal (human-powered) bicycle to pick-up supplies (often-times pulling a small bicycle trailer behind the bike), the conversion of a regular bike to an electric bike is not just a welcome convenience but a necessity.

Having lived without a car for over 15 years, and saving over 25,000 gallons of gasoline in the process has taught me a very simple lesson: it is possible to live without a car.

You may also wish to consider that the U.S. produces roughly 25% of the world's waste, despite being only around 5% of the global population, making it the most wasteful and destructive nation on Earth despite its vast, God-given natural resources.

You can choose to continue ignorantly/arrogantly assuming whatever you wish, about things you actually know nothing about, including the FACT that we ARE destroying this planet (Rev. 11:18). Just because the parasitic ruling criminal class is using that FACT to try to make more money and as an excuse for their satanic plans to depopulate the Earth doesn't take away from the FACT that we are working against God and nature in the wasteful destruction of the world He made.

Or you can choose to broaden the narrow-minded views you espouse, which you mistakenly believe are yours, by considering you are actually wrong about a great many things.

The choice, as always, is yours to make.

Last edited:
First off, an opinion is an opinion. We all have one, no need to take it so personal. I'm not forbidding you from riding your ebike lol

The reason for asking you about your personal use of a car -- which it appears you take for granted -- was in the hope it would prompt you to expand the otherwise narrow-minded view that formed your(?) judgmental opinion.

Unfortunately, you seem to be unable or unwilling to even consider what it would be like to be beyond walking distance from stores, and without a car, instead assuming someone must be too old or out of shape to ride a conventional bike. Are you not assuming that bikes are merely for recreational purposes in the formation of your worthless opinion that "electric bikes are dumb"?
I'm well aware that people use bicycles out of necessity to travel to work and such. I've been seeing that my whole life, long before ebikes existed. It used to be what people did when they couldnt afford a car, not people looking to virtue signal.

What i said is that someone who can't ride a normal bike also would be unable to ride an ebike. It is NOT a car substitute.
( i am not going to debate in this thread about what will become of these poor people in the event of a disaster - we all already know your beliefs: they should die and come back in a new body)

Having lived without a car for over 15 years, and saving over 25,000 gallons of gasoline in the process has taught me a very simple lesson: it is possible to live without a car
Good for you, i guess...?

As i mentioned in a different thread, i've already been through this phase of valuing "the environment " over everything. It gives one an ego-boosting sense of superiority, doesn't it?

Anyway, you're going off the assumption that it's either wrong to use gasoline or contributes to global warming, or increased CO2 is bad. None of these things are proven.
If we reject those assumptions, what is wrong with using a car?

There is no climate emergency,” the Global Climate Intelligence Group (CLINTEL) said in its World Climate Declaration (pdf), made public in August. Climate science should be less political, while climate policies should be more scientific. Scientists should openly address uncertainties and exaggerations in their predictions of global warming, while politicians should dispassionately count the real costs as well as the imagined benefits of their policy measures.”

A total of 1,609 scientists and professionals from around the world have signed the declaration, including 321 from the United States.

The coalition pointed out that Earth’s climate has varied as long as it has existed, with the planet experiencing several cold and warm phases. The Little Ice Age only ended as recently as 1850, they said.

"Therefore, it is no surprise that we now are experiencing a period of warming," the declaration said.

Warming is happening “far slower” than predicted by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

Climate models have many shortcomings and are not remotely plausible as policy tools,” the coalition said, adding that these models "exaggerate the effect of greenhouse gases" and "ignore the fact that enriching the atmosphere with CO2 is beneficial.” For instance, even though climate alarmists characterize CO2 as environmentally-damaging, the coalition pointed out that the gas is “not a pollutant.”

Carbon dioxide is “essential” to all life on earth and is “favorable” for nature. Extra CO2 results in the growth of global plant biomass while also boosting the yields of crops worldwide.

You may also wish to consider that the U.S. produces roughly 25% of the world's waste, despite being only around 5% of the global population, making it the most wasteful and destructive nation on Earth despite its vast, God-given natural resources.
What on earth does my use of a gas powered vehicle have to do with the US' consumer patterns and/or production of garbage?

I'm quite anti consumerist for the most part, by the way. Just not neurotic about it, or using it as an excuse to exalt myself above others.

You can choose to continue ignorantly/arrogantly assuming whatever you wish, about things you actually know nothing about, including the FACT that we ARE destroying this planet (Rev. 11:18). Just because the parasitic ruling criminal class is using that FACT to try to make more money and as an excuse for their satanic plans to depopulate the Earth doesn't take away from the FACT that we are working against God and nature in the wasteful destruction of the world He made.
As you've said before, two or more witnesses...

Where does the Law prohibit using a car?

And if it is true that we are destroying the planet that does not mean to follow the elite's "soiutions". In the case of bicycles (the thread topic), just use an actual bike. This "make everything electric" agenda is just more elite funded nonsense.

A Freeman

Superstar
First off, an opinion is an opinion. We all have one, no need to take it so personal. I'm not forbidding you from riding your ebike lol

I'm well aware that people use bicycles out of necessity to travel to work and such. I've been seeing that my whole life, long before ebikes existed. It used to be what people did when they couldnt afford a car, not people looking to virtue signal.

What i said is that someone who can't ride a normal bike also would be unable to ride an ebike. It is NOT a car substitute.
( i am not going to debate in this thread about what will become of these poor people in the event of a disaster - we all already know your beliefs: they should die and come back in a new body)

Good for you, i guess...?

As i mentioned in a different thread, i've already been through this phase of valuing "the environment " over everything. It gives one an ego-boosting sense of superiority, doesn't it?

Anyway, you're going off the assumption that it's either wrong to use gasoline or contributes to global warming, or increased CO2 is bad. None of these things are proven.
If we reject those assumptions, what is wrong with using a car?

What on earth does my use of a gas powered vehicle have to do with the US' consumer patterns and/or production of garbage?

I'm quite anti consumerist for the most part, by the way. Just not neurotic about it, or using it as an excuse to exalt myself above others.

As you've said before, two or more witnesses...

Where does the Law prohibit using a car?

And if it is true that we are destroying the planet that does not mean to follow the elite's "soiutions". In the case of bicycles (the thread topic), just use an actual bike. This "make everything electric" agenda is just more elite funded nonsense.
You’re being utterly ridiculous.

Anyone reading this thread can see what you actually said, i.e. that you believe electric bikes are stupid, that the elderly and less physically fit people can’t really benefit from the use of electric bikes (nor anyone else in your opinion), that the sure word of prophecy about us destroying the earth isn’t true (2 Pet. 1:17-21; Rev. 11:18) because some scientists say so (1 Tim. 5:20), and that anyone who points out the benefits of using free, renewable energy in combination with electric bikes is allegedly “virtue signaling”.

You then pretend there is no direct correlation with <5% of the world’s population using 20% of the world’s oil and producing 25% of the world’s waste, as if God wants us to be as wasteful as possible (Matt. 14:19-20). You follow that by pretending that you aren’t promoting materialism, even though you’re attacking those who are pointing out that runaway consumerism IS, in FACT, destroying the planet, and portraying others as stupid who don't adopt your worldly point of view.

You even saw fit to throw in this strawman/red herring, while contradicting yourself by bringing this nonsense up in the first place:

When has it EVER been personally said that the poor should die because they are poor (Matt. 5:3)? IF we were walking WITH God, by keeping His Law and DOING His Will, no one would have to experience human death (Gen. 5:22-24).

If you have something meaningful/beneficial to share with others in this thread, and by that what is meant is something other than your personal opinion, then please feel free to do so. Otherwise, start your own thread about your opinions elsewhere.

Electric bikes can be very beneficial and help a multitude of people in a number of different ways, including lessening our negative impact on our natural surroundings. And one doesn't need to spend a small fortune to get into electric bikes either. Conversion kits are available.

Last edited: