Dreams you've been having.

Tatilina

Star
I've had a lot of dreams where I was trapped, but never got kidnapped. I used to lucid dream a lot, but I can't keep a sleep schedule that works for it anymore. It takes effort, but I've taken control of my dreams and watched reality change in front of me. I've flown through the sky, and seen into the abyss.

And I was more of a Friday the 13th fan as a kid. So Idk what the freddy dream was about. Hopefully I don't turn into freddy
I love lucid dreaming, such an exhilarating experience. Nothing like a good fly after a long hard day! Its amazing what you can do while during lucid dreaming. Not something that is easily mastered, but worth it once you do! I doubt you'll turn into Freddy!

Daze

Superstar
Interesting thread, barely 40 posts and multiple are about sleep paralysis. I'm surprised so many believers don't realize it's actually djinn holding you down. He comes to you at a time when you are weak, when the consciousness begins to shut down.

Dreams have 1 of 3 sources. 1 is your nafs. Call it your desires. These are dreams like favorite foods, things of a sexual nature and so on.

2nd is from the devil. These can include sexual dreams, but it's mostly nightmares. 100% of your nightmares come from the devil. Because you will not scare yourself, nor will the 3rd source.

The 3rd source is God himself. These are generally prophetic dreams, where you see future events that eventually come true or alert you to things that need your immediate attention. Keep in mind, these are mostly reserved for very pious people. Most of us will never have these. Dreams are the only part of prophethood that remains today.

My own dreams are pretty common. I have dreams that I think are intended to scare me, but they don't "hit home" if you get my drift. For example, my mother passed away 5 years ago this April. I dream about her maybe once a month or so, and in half of them she's dead. That or I'm trying to preserve her, knowing she will leave soon.

Alot of the times the dreams don't make sense! And sometimes they are telling us what could possibly happen in the near future. They can be so powerful.