Dreams you've been having.

Loki

Established
As a kid I had a few weird recurring dreams, one involving aliens, another involving snakes, and the others I'm blanking on at this point. As an adult I can't say I have many recurring dreams, if any. For the past two years or so I've been a habitual pot smoker, and while I still had dreams most nights (many say that habitual smokers don't have dreams but I never found that to be true for me), I rarely ever remembered them past the morning after.

I've recently stopped smoking to kind of reset myself. I plan to take at least a month off, maybe more, and then only smoke on weekends hopefully, rather than every day pretty much. I believe a withdrawal symptom of quitting marijuana is having more vivid dreams, and specifically vivid nightmares. Very rarely do I have nightmares in my adult life, but this week I had one that has stuck with me. The weirdest part was that I didn't know it was a nightmare until I screamed in the dream and then (according to my fiancee) made an odd sound she thought was our dog dreaming, but was actually me, and I just laid there breathing heavily covered in sweat. No part of the dream was inherently scary, but I was unable to sleep afterward. Luckily it woke me up at about 4:40 and I get up at 5:30 for the gym so it wasn't a terrible inconvenience.

A little backstory for those who may not know: Recently my grandmother's house where my uncle and cousin were living caught fire while my uncle was at church. Both my grandma and cousin passed away due to smoke inhalation, but neither were badly burned or likely suffered much at all. The downstairs kitchen was where it started and it burned through the ceiling into my cousin's bedroom (he wasn't in bed), the rest of the house was mostly unburnt but ruined from smoke and heat damage obviously.

Anyway, here is the dream (Names changed for privacy reasons): It started, weirdly enough, at a dream version of my work and my older cousin (not the one who passed away) was there with me talking to some man I've never met about our diets. I don't remember the details well, but by the end of the conversation I had gone into the work kitchen and taken a pizza with piles of pepperonis on it out of the oven (we don't have an oven at work, but whatever) and we ate it in front of him. Anyway, after our insulting lunch break with that guy I decided it was time to go home so I go outside and the outside of my work was more like my high school's campus/parking lot for whatever reason. Anyway, I get in my car with my older cousin and we begin to leave but he points to this guy walking around an adjacent building who he says looks just like my deceased cousin Jim. I can't see from the distance we are at so I take the car around the building and drive by the guy, and it does look just like Jim, like eerily so, but of course I knew it couldn't be because Jim was dead. As we pass him, the Jim-looking fellow looks directly at me and seems to recognize me. His eyes were even just like Jim's, so I kind of freak out and stop the car to get out and talk to him, not really sure why but I do. He doesn't seem to know why he knows me, but he does know me somehow.

So, as dreams do, suddenly we weren't there anymore, we were at my grandma's old house, but the downstairs had been reverted back to how it used to look, while the upstairs was still black with smoke. In my dream head I thought that they had cleaned and remodeled it, not realizing it was exactly as it used to be. My uncle Paul, Jim's dad, was there with us, but my other cousin wasn't. Paul seemed completely fine with his son being back from the dead and as we talked Jim began to remember that he did know us and who he was, but he had troubled accepting that he'd died and somehow come back and eventually fled the house. Oh, and for some reason Jim was now bald (my uncle has been bald my entire life, so maybe that was why, I don't know Jim had never ever shaved his head, only buzzed it short). So, realizing myself that maybe this was our Jim somehow, and just overwhelmed with relief to have him back and to be able to touch him and talk to him and hug him, I run after him. The neighborhood around my grandma's house was completely different than how it should be, but it seemed normal to me in the dream and once I caught up to him and hugged him we just began to walk around it and talk like we used to while walking my dog together. I caught him up on everything that had happened and talked about how happy I was to have him back, etc. While we walked his hair began to grow back, slowly at first, but by the time we were back to my grandma's it was long like he used to like to wear it (pretty much down to the middle of his back at one point in his life, my fiancee and I had cut it at his request a month or so before he passed). As we approached my grandma's I noticed that the stairs leading to the second floor (which were visible from the open front door) were no longer blackened with smoke and I found this odd, so with Jim behind me I began walking slowly up the stairway. As I reached the landing I first looked left where my uncle's room had been and the door was closed and perfect. I then looked slowly to my right where my Jim's room had been (no door on this room) and found that it was also restored, his bed in the corner, the air conditioner in the window, no hole in the floor... As my eyes continued scanning the room I realized that there was a computer desk in the corner closest to me and that soemone was sitting at it. I looked at them for a moment, not understanding who it could be. They turned around as I watched them, perhaps feeling my gaze, and smiled at me. It was Jim, but he was around 16 years old again and chubby like he had been, he just smiled and I screamed bloody murder. That's when I woke up.

Weirdest nightmare ever.

I've had other dreams about Jim since his passing, most were shortly after it and involved just seeing him, or being with him and hugging him or my grandma. Some he knew he was dead, others he didn't, and some only I could see him and in others everyone could. None before this one had left me scared or panicked, and I honestly have no idea why this one did.

williejonesjr

Veteran
Its funny. I came here to start a dream thread & there already was one.

My dream last night was great.

Hollyweird was gone. All the "bad folks" ceased to exist. No movies or TV. No music industry, no sports, no Walmart or McDonald's. No GMO food. No government. No pope. No internet and Smartphones only made phone calls. The newspaper was our information source. Education was better. Life was better.

It was just a dream, though

williejonesjr

Veteran
I normally travel because my job requires me to and I sleep in different hotels.Theres a hotel that I stayed in and I used to experience sleep paralysis almost like every night even when I took naps during the day.Its got to a point where I used to hear someone opening the doors and sitting on my bed and I couldn't move at all then he/she was fiddling with my back and I kept praying and praying till I woke up.

When I was taking a bath I noticed that I had scratches on my back and I was really scared.I had to sleep over at a friends place till I changed hotels.Most scariest experience ever.
Stomach sleeper here. Idc if it's unhealthy! It's so comfy!!

williejonesjr

Veteran
As a kid I had a few weird recurring dreams, one involving aliens, another involving snakes, and the others I'm blanking on at this point. As an adult I can't say I have many recurring dreams, if any. For the past two years or so I've been a habitual pot smoker, and while I still had dreams most nights (many say that habitual smokers don't have dreams but I never found that to be true for me), I rarely ever remembered them past the morning after.

I've recently stopped smoking to kind of reset myself. I plan to take at least a month off, maybe more, and then only smoke on weekends hopefully, rather than every day pretty much. I believe a withdrawal symptom of quitting marijuana is having more vivid dreams, and specifically vivid nightmares. Very rarely do I have nightmares in my adult life, but this week I had one that has stuck with me. The weirdest part was that I didn't know it was a nightmare until I screamed in the dream and then (according to my fiancee) made an odd sound she thought was our dog dreaming, but was actually me, and I just laid there breathing heavily covered in sweat. No part of the dream was inherently scary, but I was unable to sleep afterward. Luckily it woke me up at about 4:40 and I get up at 5:30 for the gym so it wasn't a terrible inconvenience.

A little backstory for those who may not know: Recently my grandmother's house where my uncle and cousin were living caught fire while my uncle was at church. Both my grandma and cousin passed away due to smoke inhalation, but neither were badly burned or likely suffered much at all. The downstairs kitchen was where it started and it burned through the ceiling into my cousin's bedroom (he wasn't in bed), the rest of the house was mostly unburnt but ruined from smoke and heat damage obviously.

Anyway, here is the dream (Names changed for privacy reasons): It started, weirdly enough, at a dream version of my work and my older cousin (not the one who passed away) was there with me talking to some man I've never met about our diets. I don't remember the details well, but by the end of the conversation I had gone into the work kitchen and taken a pizza with piles of pepperonis on it out of the oven (we don't have an oven at work, but whatever) and we ate it in front of him. Anyway, after our insulting lunch break with that guy I decided it was time to go home so I go outside and the outside of my work was more like my high school's campus/parking lot for whatever reason. Anyway, I get in my car with my older cousin and we begin to leave but he points to this guy walking around an adjacent building who he says looks just like my deceased cousin Jim. I can't see from the distance we are at so I take the car around the building and drive by the guy, and it does look just like Jim, like eerily so, but of course I knew it couldn't be because Jim was dead. As we pass him, the Jim-looking fellow looks directly at me and seems to recognize me. His eyes were even just like Jim's, so I kind of freak out and stop the car to get out and talk to him, not really sure why but I do. He doesn't seem to know why he knows me, but he does know me somehow.

So, as dreams do, suddenly we weren't there anymore, we were at my grandma's old house, but the downstairs had been reverted back to how it used to look, while the upstairs was still black with smoke. In my dream head I thought that they had cleaned and remodeled it, not realizing it was exactly as it used to be. My uncle Paul, Jim's dad, was there with us, but my other cousin wasn't. Paul seemed completely fine with his son being back from the dead and as we talked Jim began to remember that he did know us and who he was, but he had troubled accepting that he'd died and somehow come back and eventually fled the house. Oh, and for some reason Jim was now bald (my uncle has been bald my entire life, so maybe that was why, I don't know Jim had never ever shaved his head, only buzzed it short). So, realizing myself that maybe this was our Jim somehow, and just overwhelmed with relief to have him back and to be able to touch him and talk to him and hug him, I run after him. The neighborhood around my grandma's house was completely different than how it should be, but it seemed normal to me in the dream and once I caught up to him and hugged him we just began to walk around it and talk like we used to while walking my dog together. I caught him up on everything that had happened and talked about how happy I was to have him back, etc. While we walked his hair began to grow back, slowly at first, but by the time we were back to my grandma's it was long like he used to like to wear it (pretty much down to the middle of his back at one point in his life, my fiancee and I had cut it at his request a month or so before he passed). As we approached my grandma's I noticed that the stairs leading to the second floor (which were visible from the open front door) were no longer blackened with smoke and I found this odd, so with Jim behind me I began walking slowly up the stairway. As I reached the landing I first looked left where my uncle's room had been and the door was closed and perfect. I then looked slowly to my right where my Jim's room had been (no door on this room) and found that it was also restored, his bed in the corner, the air conditioner in the window, no hole in the floor... As my eyes continued scanning the room I realized that there was a computer desk in the corner closest to me and that soemone was sitting at it. I looked at them for a moment, not understanding who it could be. They turned around as I watched them, perhaps feeling my gaze, and smiled at me. It was Jim, but he was around 16 years old again and chubby like he had been, he just smiled and I screamed bloody murder. That's when I woke up.

Weirdest nightmare ever.

I've had other dreams about Jim since his passing, most were shortly after it and involved just seeing him, or being with him and hugging him or my grandma. Some he knew he was dead, others he didn't, and some only I could see him and in others everyone could. None before this one had left me scared or panicked, and I honestly have no idea why this one did.
I used to have all kinds of dreams about my recently deceased relatives. Makes me really miss them

Lady

Star
A few days ago I dreamed that the destruction of the world had started (blast that YT!) and that the government was blowing up neighborhoods with rocket launchers.
Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer on this great Saturday morning! Have a great one! :)

My dream prosely

I've always fancied this girl
Never really got to talk face-to-face
Always chased after her
Always got turned down

She be so pretty
With a kid, oh what a cutie
I be like, oh forever love
Even with no sex, let us be doves

But dreamed of her the first time i did
Carried her kid in my arm i did
So vivid that dream was
It was enough even though she not be by my side as my wife

So thank the Lord did i, as i awoke, asking Him to grant me such dreams everyday, if forever alone will i always be

Last edited:

Lady

Star
Hey there, GIF!

MayGod bless your day today!
May He draw you nearer than ever before with His love and Truth!

Hey there, GIF!

MayGod bless your day today!
May He draw you nearer than ever before with His love and Truth!
Hey there Lady,
Amen to that prayer
Same applies to you for sure since you wished it for me, the angels already said ''same for you then'' since what you wished for yourself, you wished for somebody else ^_^

Karlysymon

Superstar
Its funny. I came here to start a dream thread & there already was one.

My dream last night was great.

Hollyweird was gone. All the "bad folks" ceased to exist. No movies or TV. No music industry, no sports, no Walmart or McDonald's. No GMO food. No government. No pope. No internet and Smartphones only made phone calls. The newspaper was our information source. Education was better. Life was better.

It was just a dream, though
Haha. Then its fitting for me to add......keep dreaming.

We can make your dream become a reality @williejonesjr

Tell everybody to believe in God, and to shun all publicity
If we all say that we believe in Him without having ever seen Him
Then nobody has the right to ascribe any image to EloHim
We all then become brothers and sisters in humanity

Irrespective of religion or race or color
We all just want everybody to respect The Owner of Honor
The Creator of all things noble
Will then make us all become role-models

williejonesjr

Veteran
We can make your dream become a reality @williejonesjr

Tell everybody to believe in God, and to shun all publicity
If we all say that we believe in Him without having ever seen Him
Then nobody has the right to ascribe any image to EloHim
We all then become brothers and sisters in humanity

Irrespective of religion or race or color
We all just want everybody to respect The Owner of Honor
The Creator of all things noble
Will then make us all become role-models
That sounds like a great start!

Tatilina

Star
I have a lot of dreams of being kidnapped. I won't go into any detail of my vivid dreams because they are horrid. I find myself in all different kinds of kidnapped scenarios, that no person would ever want to be in. I am usually accompanied by another kidnapped victim, usually, a child. These dreams are all too real, like as if I was there and it was actually happening.

Aero

Superstar
Sleep paralysis scares me. And I've also had a few dreams with creepy children. Idk why but whenever a kid appears in my dream I know the shit is about to get bad. I think it's because kids aren't old enough to become evil. They do evil because they are evil.

The worst dream I ever had though was when I was a kid. It was in my childhood home and there was a bunch of children lined out the door. And around my kitchen table, and at the head of the table... Stood Freddy Krueger. He was turning the neighborhood children into little freddys. I was like Ok time to get out of here, I turned around came face to face with a mirror. He got me, I turned into Freddy :(

Tatilina

Star
Sleep paralysis scares me. And I've also had a few dreams with creepy children. Idk why but whenever a kid appears in my dream I know the shit is about to get bad. I think it's because kids aren't old enough to become evil. They do evil because they are evil.

The worst dream I ever had though was when I was a kid. It was in my childhood home and there was a bunch of children lined out the door. And around my kitchen table, and at the head of the table... Stood Freddy Krueger. He was turning the neighborhood children into little freddys. I was like Ok time to get out of here, I turned around came face to face with a mirror. He got me, I turned into Freddy :(
I've never experienced sleep paralysis before. The children in my dream weren't creepy at all, they were terrified, just as I was. The dreams I have are very much real as if I and someone else's child were being kidnapped under those types of circumstances. My dreams are never about the children being evil, but evil horrific acts being done to them and me.

Sounds like you watched too many Freddy Kreuger movies lol.

Last edited:

Aero

Superstar
I've never experienced sleep paralysis before. The children in my dream weren't creepy at all, they were terrified, just as I was. The dreams I have are very much real as if I and someone else's child were being kidnapped under those types of circumstances. My dreams are never about the children being evil, but evil horrific acts being done to them and me.

Sounds like you watched too many Freddy Kreuger movies lol.
I've had a lot of dreams where I was trapped, but never got kidnapped. I used to lucid dream a lot, but I can't keep a sleep schedule that works for it anymore. It takes effort, but I've taken control of my dreams and watched reality change in front of me. I've flown through the sky, and seen into the abyss.

And I was more of a Friday the 13th fan as a kid. So Idk what the freddy dream was about. Hopefully I don't turn into freddy