Dreams you've been having.

Trenton

Veteran
Any dreams you've had and would like to share? Always seemed an interesting thread.

I had a dream last night... Logged into the forums here and an announcement was on top, stating, "All posts will be cached and deleted every 20 hours as new posts come in. Oldest posts will be deleted first."

I thought "Well how will any discussions take place then? What if you only check the boards once a day??"

Maybe I'm just having mild ptsd from the boards closing. haha

Aero

Superstar
Couple weeks ago I was listening to slipknot a lot and watching that video "The Devil in I." Don't go watch it, because a guy eats his own arm. And someones face melts off. Something like that

So anyway I ended up having a dream I was in that game Mortal Kombat. In the dream I was way too casual about it. It was basically all about who could grab the most deadly weapon and swing first. So of course I lost. Sorry to my subconscious but, that's not my idea of a fun dream

MoroccanEyes

Rookie
The weirdest ONLY dream that has been stored in memory is I was alseep, then suddenly I found myself on my dining room chair, facing the window and I felt like something was squeezing me only to then be zoned out to a demonic rawr that appeared to be clinching me in it's arms as I tried to push myself out but this thing would not budge and just kept its hold.

Woke up with the biggest WTF ever.

mecca

Superstar
The weirdest ONLY dream that has been stored in memory is I was alseep, then suddenly I found myself on my dining room chair, facing the window and I felt like something was squeezing me only to then be zoned out to a demonic rawr that appeared to be clinching me in it's arms as I tried to push myself out but this thing would not budge and just kept its hold.

Woke up with the biggest WTF ever.
That sounds terrible. Also it's weird that's the only dream you remember.

Aero

Superstar
I do like a few of their songs. Too bad the videos suck and they have a lot of satanic imagery.
That's part of why I like them. The satanic imagery. Because I feel like not all Satanic imagery is created equal. What I mean is, I think Slipknot is genuinely trying to educate their listeners. Not just about Satanic cannibalism, but duality and introspection.

Compared to Lady Gaga who teaches nothing about what she actually believes. Her throwing the "one eye" sign in her John Wayne video is her basically flicking us all off.

I have all kinds of random dreams, ones that aren't worth remembering. However for the last 4 years i've been seeing this dream where it's as if i have another house that's mine but I don't live in it. It isn't some nice house or anything like that, but occasionally i'll go there and the feeling i'll have is that it's mine in the same way you'd feel if you knew you owed another house. It's basically like the neglected house that I only remember from time to time and then go there to check up on. I've seen it a number of times now. I don't know why.

I see a lot of airport dreams but where i'm travelling within the airport ie on the road or path leading upto the airport. often catching a train to get there. I've noticed i'm always rushing to get there or sometimes late. No idea what it means.

There's also one place i see in my dreams randomly but it usually happens when i'm more spiritually attuned...it's a beautiful land or hills/rivers/trees. The closest place to it is probably kashmir (at least to the places im familiar with). The only difference is the rivers in kashmir are fast moving/dangerous and there are lots of pine trees. The place in my dreams doesn't have pine trees and the water seems still.
I've seen it a few times to the point where I now recognise where im at within the dream and have even began figuring out the paths and rivers. I'm also on a journey within those dreams but each time i've seen it, it's as if i'm still on that journey but getting closer to where it is i'm supposed to be going. Thing is the first time i saw this place in my dreams I was sat on one of those pakistani style bed's overlooking a waterfall similar to this but even bigger/more beautiful and no pine trees.

Honestly i think i've never been at more peace than i was in that original dream so maybe it's the place im trying to get to.

MoroccanEyes

Rookie
That sounds terrible. Also it's weird that's the only dream you remember.
That dream just stuck with me because it seemed so real, and I was in a familiar place. Everything looked exactly like my dinning room, the lighting, the mobility of my head as I look around was on point and responsive. It was like VR experience but REAL and hella terrifying.

Trenton

Veteran
I have all kinds of random dreams, ones that aren't worth remembering. However for the last 4 years i've been seeing this dream where it's as if i have another house that's mine but I don't live in it. It isn't some nice house or anything like that, but occasionally i'll go there and the feeling i'll have is that it's mine in the same way you'd feel if you knew you owed another house. It's basically like the neglected house that I only remember from time to time and then go there to check up on. I've seen it a number of times now. I don't know why.

I see a lot of airport dreams but where i'm travelling within the airport ie on the road or path leading upto the airport. often catching a train to get there. I've noticed i'm always rushing to get there or sometimes late. No idea what it means.

There's also one place i see in my dreams randomly but it usually happens when i'm more spiritually attuned...it's a beautiful land or hills/rivers/trees. The closest place to it is probably kashmir (at least to the places im familiar with). The only difference is the rivers in kashmir are fast moving/dangerous and there are lots of pine trees. The place in my dreams doesn't have pine trees and the water seems still.
I've seen it a few times to the point where I now recognise where im at within the dream and have even began figuring out the paths and rivers. I'm also on a journey within those dreams but each time i've seen it, it's as if i'm still on that journey but getting closer to where it is i'm supposed to be going. Thing is the first time i saw this place in my dreams I was sat on one of those pakistani style bed's overlooking a waterfall similar to this but even bigger/more beautiful and no pine trees.

Honestly i think i've never been at more peace than i was in that original dream so maybe it's the place im trying to get to.
That's very eerie, I have the exact same kinds of dreams all the time.

I often wonder if it's preperatory to the afterlife. Though the airport dreams are odd to me. Maybe symbolic of trying to get somewhere far away. Maybe spiritually or even physically, i.e. feeling stuck where you are in the real world.

I dream of the wilderness and it appears always to be route 2 in Maine, it looks almost exactly as it does IRL. I've never lived out there, but I'm always trying to get somewhere, only to get turned around. I get closer to my mystery destination every time I go down that road in my dream.

I have a house I've never been to as well, it becomes more and more "home" each time I visit it. It started old, creepy and haunted. And now it slowly becomes more warm and lit up, and cleaned.

One other place I often dream of is in some beautiful forest I've never seen, and I sometimes get in a little boat and circle this small bay, trying to figure out where I am.

Recurring dreams are neat. When they aren't nightmares ofc.

Leviathan

Established
My recent dreams are stupid compared to the rest of the ones in the thread. I graduated high school years ago, but for some reason I was back in it in my dream. There was a talent show which I decided to participate in (anyone who knows me knows I'm extremely shy and would never do such a thing). I got up there and read a story I wrote about the Chupacabra. No one applauded after my story so I thought they all hated it. I walked away feeling ashamed of myself and embarrassed. Afterwards, my parents told me that the story was great and a pregnant woman did scream out loud during one moment in my story. Somehow I didn't hear it. They talked about the event on the news afterwards where my story and the existence of the Chupacabra was discussed. They were going to interview the screaming woman but all she wanted to talk about was that Joyful Noise movie starring Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton. I don't know where that came from as I haven't thought of that movie in forever. I've never even seen it.

Last night my dream was that they were getting rid of all the DVDs at our public library and were going to replace them all with VHS tapes. I was confused and didn't know why as not many people even use VCRs anymore. A guy was standing next to the librarian and said something like "Yes, we've tried the new format but all it did was prove the older one is better."

My dreams are silly, pointless, and don't make a whole lot of sense.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
I had a repeat dream when I was younger of having my face very close to the grass, everything being strangely lit in red, a sensation that I was clinging on for dear life, and a strange and terrifying perception of total annihilation, which, as a child, I described to the folks as 'Like the Deathstar or something'. I had the dream about once a month for a few years and then it went away, and I've never quite worked out what was going on it; sometimes I think I was clinging to a cliffs-edge about to fall to my death, sometimes I think I was clinging to the ground as the gravity of some big red planet pulled at me while it came hurtling toward earth. Super-scary dream, and the one that stuck with me in life the most.

manama

Star
I used to have extreme cases of sleep paralysis till when i was 14-15

then it got worse in early to mid 2016 where i wouldnt have sleep paralysis but while asleep i would wake up to someone trying to wake me up only to see none or hearing whispers
There was also a certain music or tune you can say i heard everytime i had a nightmare and it always woke me up that same very tune
it got really worse and i heard its a medical condition where a certain sentence or tune becomes a recurring dream thingy
but it kind of really pushed me to being religious

I forget my dreams easily

mecca

Superstar
I used to have extreme cases of sleep paralysis till when i was 14-15

then it got worse in early to mid 2016 where i wouldnt have sleep paralysis but while asleep i would wake up to someone trying to wake me up only to see none or hearing whispers
There was also a certain music or tune you can say i heard everytime i had a nightmare and it always woke me up that same very tune
it got really worse and i heard its a medical condition where a certain sentence or tune becomes a recurring dream thingy
but it kind of really pushed me to being religious

I forget my dreams easily
I would hate for that to happen to me, it sounds so scary.

Trenton

Veteran
It has stopped now but i still try not to sleep on my back or stomach
Yes, that's probably best. Sleeping on your stomach or back can feel comfy but it's unhealthy. On the stomach you put too much pressure on the heart, and on your back too much blood pools to the back of the skull and can cause snoring and nightmares/sleep paralysis.

I believe in the Sunnah, it was recommended you sleep on your right side. This keeps your heart from having too much pressure on it, and helps males avoid unwanted nocturnal emission as well.

Last edited:
I normally travel because my job requires me to and I sleep in different hotels.Theres a hotel that I stayed in and I used to experience sleep paralysis almost like every night even when I took naps during the day.Its got to a point where I used to hear someone opening the doors and sitting on my bed and I couldn't move at all then he/she was fiddling with my back and I kept praying and praying till I woke up.

When I was taking a bath I noticed that I had scratches on my back and I was really scared.I had to sleep over at a friends place till I changed hotels.Most scariest experience ever.