Double standard and slut-shaming

morita

Veteran
Kudos to the ones who try--> but brevity is your friend, if you want to truly get a point across.
1598698315670.png
is that breve enough??
Sorry, I couldn't help it. (feeling extra petty today)

Noxycoup

The researchers recruited 4,455 participants via Amazon's Mechanical Turk website who were told they would take part in a study into their "perceptions of others." The team restricted participation to people ages 18 to 35, reasoning that the sexual double standard—in which men are rewarded for sexual activity, while women are punished—would be particularly relevant for young adults.
Each participant was directed "to think about either one male or one female friend or acquaintance whom they (a) knew in their real life, and (b) had information about their sexual history."
Subjects then responded to 20 statements about this person, which evaluated them in terms of their values, success, intelligence, and likability.

Finally, they described the nature of their relationship with the person they were evaluating, and noted "how many people they thought the target individual had engaged in sexual intercourse with."
The results showed a clear pattern. Women were "increasingly derogated as the number of sexual partners increased," but men were not. This pattern held whether the people doing the judging were male or female.

"The sexual double standard was more pronounced as participants' certainty about the target's number of sexual partners increased," the researchers report. Still, the impact of this confidence was very small, meaning that women were judged more harshly even if the participants were relying on rumors or speculation.

Thoughts?
So surprised at all the comments on this forum perpetuating the classic arguments of the false male/female divide.
I expected people that frequent a website that accepts the reality of hidden agendas would be aware of the agenda to divide the human race along gender lines.
Instead I find the same old sort of comments and discussions of people who have been conditioned to think in these divisive ways.
Bizzare.

Noxycoup

I dislike double standards related to any subject really, but I'm particularly bothered by slut-shaming; I remember back in high school that sexually promiscuous guys were labeled as "players", while sexually promiscuous females were called every bad name imaginable, not just "slut".

Of course I don't expect the issue of slut-shaming to be a popular subject of conversation around here since there seems to be a consensus that it's alright to shame woman for a variety of reasons, because of how this forum tends to view feminist issues in a negative light.
I was also shocked at the extent of the gender divided conditioned views here. It's seems the idea that men and women need to be conditioned to be at odds with each other in order to make the masses easier to control has been completely lost on the sort of people I would expect to see through it!

Gghang

Rookie
As a women and a lot of women want to dress in revealing because they love sin. Ironical the same women don’t like guys staring at them with lust but have the nerve to wear tight clothes that show off their shape, and wear clothes that show their bodies.

Last edited:

Venus

Rookie
As a women and a lot of women want to dress in revealing because they love sin. Ironical the same women don’t like guys staring at them with lust but have the nerve to wear tight clothes that show off their shape, and wear clothes that show their bodies.
Yeah... because women are sinners and men are helpless... :rolleyes:

morita

Veteran
Men who chose women based on the number of previous sexual partners a woman had, without being chaste themselves, don't see her as a person but as an extension of their ego. That's what it looks like.

Last edited:

DanteXMachina

It's simple. It's all about how the society percieves men and women in the sexual "market". "Masterkey or a shitty lock" analogy fits as an explanation.

You can talk all you want but men are judged by their sexual success as much as women are shamed for their sexual success. It works both ways. If a man has no sexual success he will be shamed much more than the most promiscuous (sexually successful) woman. Or are we doing this "world is only unfair to women" yet again? Men are constantly shamed based on the lack of sexual prowess. He has "small pp", he has to pay for sex, incel, his wife has dry vagina (recent Shapiro smears) etc... But the society has shamed them to a point that they're too afraid to even point out to the hipocrisy. It's not just women that shame men in that way, men do it to each other all the time too.

It would be healthier if a man and woman pair together, instead of being promiscuous and sleeping around with different people. That's what we should strive for, not for wanting to sleep with tons of people and completely ruining our pair bonding capabilities.

DanteXMachina

Also, a quote on this topic - "It's easy to be a slut, there's ugly fat sluts everywhere. But being a player is very hard."
Again, I think promiscuity is eventually a damaging thing to the individual, no matter their gender. But this helps explain society's stance on women vs men when in comes to partner count. It's easy vs hard. People admire that which is hard to do, and don't value that which is easy to do. And I wish we all stopped pretending this topic is not as simple as that.

For a man, the type of woman he's with reflects on him. A man wants to be proud of the woman that he won over, and if she's an easy catch that everyone had, what does that say of him?

But, to put it in more detail - Most women nowadays get the attention and ego stroked very early in their life. In their twenties, and if the woman is decent looking, every younger simp and older sleezeball in the world is giving them all the attention in the world. Then you also have women with inflated egos and complete lack of self awareness even if they're objectively ugly but know how to use makeup - because they too get a ton of attention. A lot of times modern women think they can enjoy their youthful freedom and enjoy all the attention they want, and then settle down later in life, but life surprises them quite harshly. There is nothing wrong with a woman doing what she wants (as long as it doesn't hurt anyone), but she can't be mad at the world when the world doesn't see her as relationship/marriage material.

Women who don't understand why a man wouldn't want his future wife to have dozens or hundreds of previous sexual partners are the same women who will be discarded by any serious / self-respecting man. These women will be left aside and will then complain asking "where have all the good men gone, they all just want sex". There is a saying "you can only sell that which you're selling". You obviously don't have to offer what he wants to "buy", and I'm not talking about sexual purity on it's own - more so what comes as a baggage with it. None of them want you, and you don't get to go around saying how morally bad their stance is when you also completely ignored that short chubby kid in highschool. Perhaps you can marry a boring and awkward man who is always going to be afraid to tell you "no". And maybe you won't because you couldn't love a man like that. Nobody is bad if they don't like you. This applies to both men and women. Young or old.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Also, a quote on this topic - "It's easy to be a slut, there's ugly fat sluts everywhere. But being a player is very hard."
Again, I think promiscuity is eventually a damaging thing to the individual, no matter their gender. But this helps explain society's stance on women vs men when in comes to partner count. It's easy vs hard. People admire that which is hard to do, and don't value that which is easy to do. And I wish we all stopped pretending this topic is not as simple as that.
As simple as right v wrong..

Aero

Superstar
You all can dress slut-shaming up however you want, but the double standard is pretty obvious. As far as pure argumentative logic goes, the same standard should apply to both men and women when it comes to sex.

A man who bangs a ton of chicks is not like a master key that opens all doors. Because no man will ever unlock all doors, so the whole idea is based on a pretty obvious fallacy. Your key might open a lot of doors but get over yourselves guys. You don't have a master key, and if you did it wouldn't be from your root chakra.

Aero

Superstar
@Aero
Well stated.
I also dgaf what people do behind closed doors (with consenting adults).
I'm not condemning anyone, per se.
Its true the double standard still exists.
It shouldn't.
All should be held accountable for their actions.
Its just been my observation that the most promiscuous folks are also the most lonely and depressed, and possibly drug users, also.
That's a pretty good recipe for disaster.
Pretty much agree.

I'm just not going to sit here and act like a woman who is a certified bombshell can't unlock many a man's doors. I mean wtf.

morita

Veteran
Maybe...... looks aside... pretty or ugly or handsome or hideous...I think a lot of promiscuity stems from poor self esteem.
The promise of excitement and fulfillment drives a person to pursue that "high" if you will.
Pretty sure its also a classical addiction.
Welcome to ideas...any one? Bueller?
Any addiction counselors in the house?
The reasons someone sleeps around shouldn't matter to anyone other than themselves. Painting anyone who sleeps around as inevitably "lost" and as needing to be saved (in many cases they don't) IS still a form of shaming.

I also dgaf what people do behind closed doors (with consenting adults).
I'm not condemning anyone, per se.
Weren't you the one who was talking about sexually transmitted demons?? You're still slut-shaming regardless.

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
And I will add that for women slut-shaming also comes in the form of people assuming we're promiscuous if we wear a revealing outfit which doesn't happen to men, and as a result we're treated with less respect.

No one will assume they can guess the number of sexual partners that men had based on their clothing and it doesn't affect the way they're treated. There is still this idea that a woman's value is based on her modesty and her chastity.

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
As recently observed in here, with Tidal (whom I like, and have 0 issues with) was it not you who made a comment about how his "love interest" was too young, for him? Why is that? What makes anyone a proper judge in determining whether one person is worthy of another, or not?
I previously pointed out the age difference because it's just creepy. Don't play dumb, we all know dating someone who's 50+ years younger is plain creepy. And age difference often means power imbalance. I can't believe I have to explain this.
Also his "love interest" was objectively attractive, and youthful, thereby holding more "value", then him?
And yes, in the dating market physical attractiveness and youth are a plus.

While it may be true that not all scantily clad women are sluts, it still doesn't send out a good message to people.
What it says is "look at me, I'm sexy, but you need to respect me for my mind, too". ???
Oh, ok. Sure. Mixed messages, much??
Dismissing a woman as a brainless bimbo because she's wearing a revealing outfit or has too much make-up on doesn't sit well with me, but that's where our culture is still at so.

Last edited:

morita

Veteran
I won't play any dumber than you, pretending that a woman who is showcasing her body isn't attempting to "sell" something to society.
Tell me that isn't true...
???
I'm not talking about motherfucking celebrities, maybe there is a push to normalize promiscuity in msm but that's another topic entirely.
On a personal note, how old are you? Do you have kids?
If you are in your 20s and childless, then you have no idea how this stuff actually impacts society in the long run....
You seem to have a vendetta against young people who don't have kids. LOL

Lisa

Superstar
And I will add that for women slut-shaming also comes in the form of people assuming we're promiscuous if we wear a revealing outfit which doesn't happen to men, and as a result we're treated with less respect.

No one will assume they can guess the number of sexual partners that men had based on their clothing and it doesn't affect the way they're treated. There is still this idea that a woman's value is based on her modesty and her chastity.
Should you be treated with respect for wearing a revealing outfit..or is that a desperate attempt for male attention? And if that’s the way you go about seeking male attention..then aren’t you acting slutty?

I don’t think men advertise the number of sex partners they had..no one likes a womanizer though.

morita

Veteran
@morita
No vendetta.
But what you lack is experiential knowledge.

All youth feel entitled because they are in their prime of beauty, fertility and virility.
Once you are dethroned from that position, let me know how you see things...
And yes, MSM heavily influences the norms of society. Promiscuity and clothing and fashion influences ordinary citizens on a subliminal level.

It is entirely intentional to dedicate energy to ones appearance. To focus on enhancing their features with makeup, hair accesories. Exaggerating their attributes with clothing or getting surgeries for enhancement. Why do people focus so much on how they look when they should really be developing other interior qualities, instead?
What's the purpose of that?
To gain power and have influence on others?
So full circle it comes down to power and influence....
Sex= power.
Women use that as a power point.
Always have.
Dressing it up as something else is unfortunate.

ETA: I'm just offering a different perspective and trying to help inform using my experience and observations.
Looking good and putting effort into your appearance will get you appraisal in society, you don't have to actually be "provocative" (to your standards) for that. Attractiveness will always be a plus if you have it. That being said, one can put effort into their apperance and still develop other qualities and talents. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
You do realize that someone who invests in their physical appearance can also develop other qualities/talents right? It doesn't have to be one or the other.
If one develops their physical appearance to look like all they think about is sex...then people aren’t going to think they have any other qualities/talents.

morita

Veteran
I'm not a young adult, but I have observed the bizarre casuality and frequency of casual sex and obsession with ones self, especially their appearance. Which is hilarious because its literally just the encasement of ones body. Selfies, sexting, hookups, tinder, plastic surgery. To me, its more of the "how does this appear to the world" fake facade not what truly is.
Then again the youth culture doesn't seem concerned with truth. Just concerned about their "rights" whatever those are???
Well, old people aren't concerned about their physical appearance because your looks fade so after you hit 30 you have to find something else.