Double standard and slut-shaming

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established
Again, you're discussing the merits of a fabricated story, and judging its merits based based upon your own ideas about those made-up events, instead of letting The Law do its perfect work.
So what does the Law say? And what did Jesus say?

You're interpreting it differrrently when its blatant. Did you want him to let the women be stoned? Would that be justified?

If thats the case come here let me stone you too for all the sins you've committed. :)

A Freeman

Superstar
No offence mate, but don't you like women?..;)
I genuinely and spiritually love women, which is why advising them to do things which are harmful to them isn't an option. Only a pathetic excuse for a man would encourage women to commit adultery (be "naughty girls") in the selfish hope of gaining sexual favours from them.

Why on earth would anybody want to invent the story of the adulteress, what would be the point?.. :p
To open Pandora's box, in getting everyone to believe it's okay to do whatever they wish and then ask for forgiveness afterwards, exactly as has happened (and exactly as has already been shared with you). Just look at what you and others are doing with that story which was OBVIOUSLY added to the Gospel of John.

The divorce rate is now over 50% for first-time marriages (and roughly 67% for second marriages, 75% for third marriages). And the #1 reason for divorce? INFIDELITY. All because we haven't kept The Law.

Also when the first gospels came out, NOBODY, not a single person, ever came forward to say 'baloney that never happened'.
Stop being ridiculous. When the Gospel of John first came out IT DID NOT CONTAIN THE STORY OF THE ADULTEROUS WOMAN.

Tidal

Star
Stop being ridiculous. When the Gospel of John first came out IT DID NOT CONTAIN THE STORY OF THE ADULTEROUS WOMAN.

Prove it.. :p
The fundy mobs used to stone naughty women to death, but Jesus wasn't going to put up with that, so by rescuing them he sent out the clear message that times had changed, and people quickly cottoned on-
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Peter 1:18 )
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Hebrews 8:6)
"The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17)

"On yer bikes, she's with me! Hold your head up baby!"
"Thanks JC, shall we go for a pizza?"

A Freeman

Superstar
Prove it.. :p

What's that mean in plain English?
Was Jesus God or wasn't he?
Why do you not understand my speech? Because you cannot hear The Word?

No, Jesus was NOT God (and neither is Christ), exactly as Christ, through the mouth of Jesus, said repeatedly throughout the Gospel accounts.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
No, Jesus was NOT God (and neither is Christ), exactly as Christ, through the mouth of Jesus, said repeatedly throughout the Gospel accounts.

What? Are you the Riddler in Batman?.. :D
Who exactly is this "christ" who you claim spoke through the mouth of Jesus?

shankara

Star
Again, you're discussing the merits of a fabricated story, and judging its merits based based upon your own ideas about those made-up events, instead of letting The Law do its perfect work. This is why Christ told us NOT to judge. We already have God's PERFECT Judgments in His PERFECT Law.
Really? Because I thought that saying was about having love and compassion for people rather than hating them for whatever they fail to live up to. "Love the man, hate the deed" and all.

Also the saying as a whole goes:
"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you."

Which seems to suggest that those who judge others harshly will themselves be held to harsh standards.

elsbet

Superstar
Also the saying as a whole goes:
"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you."

Which seems to suggest that those who judge others harshly will themselves be held to harsh standards.
That is exactly what it means, shankara.

A Freeman

Superstar

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/double-standard-and-slut-shaming.7740/post-328372

Please see the following links, in no particular order, regarding the story of the adulterous woman, which was fabricated and then added to the Gospel of John:-

http://www.bible-researcher.com/adult.html

http://www.gotquestions.org/John-7-53-8-11.html

http://www.bibleodyssey.org/passages/main-articles/woman-caught-in-adultery.aspx

There is no question the story of the adulterous woman was added to the Bible because it was NOT present in the original texts, and only appeared later.

Along with the truth pointed out by Biblical scholars that the story of the adulterous woman was:

1) not present in the original texts of the Gospel of John;

2) doesn't match the writing style of the rest of the Gospel of John; and

3) interrupts the flow of the story being told in the verses before and after it,

there are several other reasons we can be CERTAIN it was added later, including:

4) the passage contradicts Christ's statement about The Law found in Matthew 5:17-19 (i.e. if the story about the adulterous woman happened as we're told, it is calling Christ a liar);

5) the passage contradicts itself by claiming only a woman was caught in the act of adultery [it takes two to “tango” and the penalty in The Law is that BOTH the man and the woman caught in the act have committed a capital offence (Lev. 20:10)]; and

6) the passage contradicts itself by claiming Jesus let the woman caught in the act of adultery go, while at the same time telling her to “go and sin no more”. If it's really okay to commit adultery, then why tell her to stop doing it? In other words, if there's no penalty for sinning (breaking The Law – 1 John 3:4), then there's no incentive for anyone to stop sinning/breaking The Law, i.e. stop being a criminal.

The REAL reason the story of the adulterous woman was added was to be used to supposedly grant people the licence to commit all the abominations of the Earth (Rev. 17), even though Christ Himself said heaven and earth would pass away before the slightest change to The Law would take place (Matt. 5:18).

We have even further proof in the FACT that today, as a result of man's refusal to keep and enforce The Law, adultery has been re-packaged as “having an affair” and is not only dealt with “leniently” under man-made rules, it's encouraged (and even glorified).

This has caused BILLIONS of broken homes and untold amounts of suffering, as children are often caught in-between feuding parents, and brought up in an environment that fosters selfishness, infidelity and conflict (hatred really), instead of love and teamwork to overcome all obstacles. And it trains the children to repeat the same mistakes as their parents, perpetuating this hatred and suffering in a never-ending cycle.

-------

If anyone is actually foolish enough to believe that it is “loving and compassionate” to encourage selfishness and infidelity after reading this, then you have no idea what love and compassion really are, or what faith (trust in God) really is.

shankara

Star

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/double-standard-and-slut-shaming.7740/post-328372

Please see the following links, in no particular order, regarding the story of the adulterous woman, which was fabricated and then added to the Gospel of John:-

http://www.bibleodyssey.org/passages/main-articles/woman-caught-in-adultery.aspx

There is no question the story of the adulterous woman was added to the Bible because it was NOT present in the original texts, and only appeared later.

Along with the truth pointed out by Biblical scholars that the story of the adulterous woman was:

3) interrupts the flow of the story being told in the verses before and after it,

there are several other reasons we can be CERTAIN it was added later, including:

4) the passage contradicts Christ's statement about The Law found in Matthew 5:17-19 (i.e. if the story about the adulterous woman happened as we're told, it is calling Christ a liar);

5) the passage contradicts itself by claiming only a woman was caught in the act of adultery [it takes two to “tango” and the penalty in The Law is that BOTH the man and the woman caught in the act have committed a capital offence (Lev. 20:10)]; and

6) the passage contradicts itself by claiming Jesus let the woman caught in the act of adultery go, while at the same time telling her to “go and sin no more”. If it's really okay to commit adultery, then why tell her to stop doing it? In other words, if there's no penalty for sinning (breaking The Law – 1 John 3:4), then there's no incentive for anyone to stop sinning/breaking The Law, i.e. stop being a criminal.

The REAL reason the story of the adulterous woman was added was to be used to supposedly grant people the licence to commit all the abominations of the Earth (Rev. 17), even though Christ Himself said heaven and earth would pass away before the slightest change to The Law would take place (Matt. 5:18).

We have even further proof in the FACT that today, as a result of man's refusal to keep and enforce The Law, adultery has been re-packaged as “having an affair” and is not only dealt with “leniently” under man-made rules, it's encouraged (and even glorified).

This has caused BILLIONS of broken homes and untold amounts of suffering, as children are often caught in-between feuding parents, and brought up in an environment that fosters selfishness, infidelity and conflict (hatred really), instead of love and teamwork to overcome all obstacles. And it trains the children to repeat the same mistakes as their parents, perpetuating this hatred and suffering in a never-ending cycle.

-------

If anyone is actually foolish enough to believe that it is “loving and compassionate” to encourage selfishness and infidelity after reading this, then you have no idea what love and compassion really are, or what faith (trust in God) really is.
It's not a question of encouraging it, just of saying that the idea of stoning someone to death(!!!) for making such an error is just insane. You say: "And it trains the children to repeat the same mistakes as their parents, perpetuating this hatred and suffering in a never-ending cycle", and I think this is quite true. So would you deal more leniently with someone who is themself from a broken home?

The thing Christ said about non-judgement is pretty clear:
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you."

Clearly this is referring to harsh judgement, not leniency. The second part of the phrase makes it clear, "with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you" . This obviously signifies that insomuch as we judge others for their failings we will be judged for our own failings.

elsbet

Superstar

-------

Idk how you've come up with this encouragement to infidelity nonsense. My guess is the influence of John Anthony Hall, who incorporates material from the quran into the bible, freely, and calls himself the Christ, has affected you.

Do you also have a problem with His (Jesus') failure to stone the woman at the well? She'd had FIVE husbands, and was living with the sixth, at the time of this exchange.

There is therefore now no condemnation...

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. JOHN 3:17

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established
Wrong. Our heavenly Father and God IS Christ's Father and God as well. And Christ is Father's Firstborn Son.
I understand why you have doubt's about what Jesus Christ's words were to the adulterous women. You don't even believe that Jesus Christ is Lord.......how would I be able to convince you despite the large amounts of bible verses where he keeps saying that he is.

If you're ignorant to that then I'm not the slightest bit surprised that you interpreted what Jesus said with his own mouth as a lie.

Last edited:

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established

Why do you not understand my speech? Because you cannot hear The Word?

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 43:10,11 - “You are My witnesses,” says the Lord, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no Savior.”
Revelation 1:17-18; Revelation 2:8 - (Jesus is the First and the Last)

Isaiah 44:6 - (God is the Redeemer)
2 Peter 1:1 (Jesus is the Redeemer) - “To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ

Isaiah 44:24 - (God created the world by Himself alone)
Colossians 1:16 - For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: all things)

John 1:1-3 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made... 1:14 - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,

John 5:17,18 - “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.” Therefore the Jews sought to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 5:23 - that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

John 8:24 - “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I AM [He], you will die in your sins.”

John 8:58 - Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:30-33 - Jesus answered them, “I and My Father are one.” Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered them, “Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?” The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”

John 14:6-7 - Jesus said to him, “I AM the way, the truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”

John 14:9-11 - Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?”

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!

Acts 4:12 - “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Acts 20:28 - (God purchased us with His own blood)
Revelation 1:5-6; Revelation 5:8-9 - (Jesus' blood purchased us)

Philippians 2:5-7 - Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bond-servant, and coming in the likeness of men.

Colossians 2:9 - For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily

1 Timothy 3:16 - And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory.

Titus 2:13 - looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Hebrews 1:8-9 - But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Revelation 1:8 - “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Revelation 22:13 - “I AM the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”... 22:16 - “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches.”

1 Timothy 6:14-16 - “our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen.”

Hebrews 2:17-18 - “Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.”
Hebrews 4:15-16 - “For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”
1 Peter 2:24 - “who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we having died to sins, might live for righteousness - by whose stripes you were healed.”

He went from sovereignty to shame and from deity to death? Why!? For you.
John 15:13 - “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.”
Romans 5:8 - “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

are you going to ignore these verses too?

Yellowbunzz tasty

Established
) the passage contradicts itself by claiming Jesus let the woman caught in the act of adultery go, while at the same time telling her to “go and sin no more”. If it's really okay to commit adultery, then why tell her to stop doing it? In other words, if there's no penalty for sinning (breaking The Law – 1 John 3:4), then there's no incentive for anyone to stop sinning/breaking The Law, i.e. stop being a criminal.
So interpreting it in your own way is what you considered right....bruhhh.....the penalty of sin is death, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior died on the Cross for us for the penalty of our sins. That's what he was here for.
If anyone is actually foolish enough to believe that it is “loving and compassionate” to encourage selfishness and infidelity after reading this, then you have no idea what love and compassion really are, or what faith (trust in God) really is
Or you just misinterpreted what he said........the Bible isn't for everyone after all and not everyone can understand God's word. After all it was for the elected.