Doomsday Hall

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- Well if we're not good enough for you, you can stay in the city with no water, no food, and starving mobs running riot, good luck with that.
------------------------------------------
you say that like it is the only option. i could form my own group, travel, or go my own way solo through the countryside.

Yeah if you form your own group hopefully it'll be as well-organised as the Doomsday Hall group..:)
As for other groups that'll be dotted around, maybe they'll survive and maybe not.
And if you go solo the mobs will have you for breakfast because there's strength in numbers.
In this clip from Survivors 1975, Charles and Mick meet a few other survivors and wisely decide to stick together-

Cintra

Star
I just come across a video of a housemaid for your fantasy existence.

Knock yourself out man.

Don't thank me.
All housemaids have to be properly dressed. Short black dresses, little frilly aprons and a cap. Also stockings, suspenders and high heels.
A feather duster must be carried at all times (in case they tickle Tidal's fancy).

Any failure to wear the correct uniform will be punished with a spanking!

Tidal

Star
Yes, femininity in the Hall is alright up to a point, as long as the girls can also butch up to handle trespassers-

polymoog

Superstar
Yeah if you form your own group hopefully it'll be as well-organised as the Doomsday Hall group..:)
As for other groups that'll be dotted around, maybe they'll survive and maybe not.
And if you go solo the mobs will have you for breakfast because there's strength in numbers.
In this clip from Survivors 1975, Charles and Mick meet a few other survivors and wisely decide to stick together-
youve provided no time frame as to when the virus hit and when your doomsday scenario takes place. in all likelihood, the mob scenario would have died down/died out after a few months as they got themselves settled into a new existence.
since youve seen 'survivors', you can recall that there was a guy who was holding his own, living in a cave. there was another group who were traders, traveling around the countryside, trading items.

Maes17

Superstar
youve provided no time frame as to when the virus hit and when your doomsday scenario takes place. in all likelihood, the mob scenario would have died down/died out after a few months as they got themselves settled into a new existence.
since youve seen 'survivors', you can recall that there was a guy who was holding his own, living in a cave. there was another group who were traders, traveling around the countryside, trading items.
Buzzkill

:p

Tidal

Star
...since youve seen 'survivors', you can recall that there was a guy who was holding his own, living in a cave..

Yeah he was Jimmy Garland in the 'Garland's War' episode.
Before the 'death' (the plague) he was an explorer and adventurer, and now he was LURVING the loner life because of the challenge the post-apoc world presented..:)

polymoog

Superstar
Before the 'death' (the plague) he was an explorer and adventurer, and now he was LURVING the loner life because of the challenge the post-apoc world presented..
so tidal, how long do you think it will be until your group has enough of you and decides to hang you?

yodler066

1- The only bodies we dispose of are the couple of plague victims who owned the house, and we cremated them like I said.
2- I can't run the place on my own, so I'll need to form a group of about 20 people, preferably with some skills like agriculture, medicine, hunting, fishing, cooking, craftsmanship, weapons etc. (Any VC members want to step up to the plate?)
3- Rivers have been nature's sewage disposal things for thousands of years..:)

PS- 20 seems a reasonable size for our group, as the surrounding area will probably easily produce enough food for us, plus we'll have this small veg plot out back-

Better to dig a pit downstream and let the raw sewage percolate through some deep soil.
I hate to say it, but back to outhouses & chamberpots.

Awoken2

Superstar
Better to dig a pit downstream and let the raw sewage percolate through some deep soil.
I hate to say it, but back to outhouses & chamberpots.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the poster you have replied to is highly likely to be dead now.

He made the foolish mistake of putting little slits in his face mask to sneakily get some additional oxygen and obviously succumbed to covid as a result.

From peppering this forum daily with his endless religious memes, racist bigotry and general annoyance he hasn't been seen since late August so I'm assuming he's now stood at the pearly gates trying to charm his way past security.

Worry not though, if your into that type of stuff there are plenty of posters here doing exactly the same thing so you'll be fine here.

Hope this doesn't spoil your day.