Doomsday Hall

Johnny5

Veteran
Poppet, if you glance at my opening post you'll see that I said a plague has wiped out 99% of humans, including the owners of the Hall.
We gave them decent funerals and I'm sure they wouldn't mind us moving in.. :p

Here's a closeup of the Hall-

and the communal living room-

and there are plenty of bedrooms like this one, take your pick-

unless you and Stucky prefer taking your chances in the city (below)-
So you cremated Mr Darcy then?

Attachments

Tidal

Star
So you cremated Mr Darcy then?

Only if he was dead..:)
Same for any other corpses, we cremate them then move into their big Hall-

PS- do you have any special skills? Can you handle a flamethrower?

Tidal

Star
So let's have a look at what a typical day would be like with our post-apoc survival group back at Doomsday Hall-
Firstly, members can roll out of bed in the morning whenever they like, as the clock will have no hold on us.
They'll then go down to the kitchen for a relaxed cup of tea and glance out the window to see what the weather's doing.
They might bump into a few other members in the kitchen and have a chat; some members might still be snoring up in their rooms, while a few early risers might be out doing light chores.
After breakfast we choose what we'd like to do that day, there's a long list so nobody would ever be bored, they can either do it alone or with one or several companions, everybody will be doing something different-

Tending the vegetable garden
Tending the crops in the fields
Picking berries, mushrooms and herbs etc in the woods.
Hunting rabbits, game birds and the odd deer
Fishing in the river
Fishing in the sea, gathering edible seaweed and collecting shellfish in the rockpools
Distilling seawater to obtain salt
Making bread, biscuits, booze and wine etc
Preparing and cooking food
Taking the Hall vehicle on foraging trips into the nearly-deserted towns and cities to pick up canned food, lanterns, batteries, medicines, fuel, guns and ammo etc

Around early afternoon most members might decide to drop what they're doing when their tummies begin rumbling and make their way back to the Hall for a snack, then either go back out to whatever they were doing, or do something different, or decide to do nothing at all, there'll be no pressure to do anything..:)

Around 7 o'clock in the evening comes the focal point of the day, a Big Jolly Meal, a sumptious well-cooked affair in the dining room (below) where the members are all together for the first time that day-

After the meal they'll usually gather in the communal living room in front of a roaring wood fire for a few hours of chat and reminiscences, card games, board games and a sing-song etc before retiring to bed when they feel like it.
The old frantic over-populated rat-racing world has gone forever and they're glad because (like the group below in 'Survivors' (1975) they know it doesn't matter any more..:)

Last edited:

Stucky

Star
In self defense, the term is force not violence. The term aside, not protecting yourself is just bat shit crazy.
Force would still be violence and if you feel the need to use violence then who am i to disagree with that?. Yea i know it's 'bat shit crazy' as i already mentioned ( i said absurd or shankara did) but then, to the world, the whole of Christianity is 'bat shit crazy'

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
..no true Christian will/would use violence to protect themselves.

No offence mate but do you belong to one of them cults like the JW's who refuse to fight in any war?
If everybody thought like them, half the world would now be run by the nazis, and the other half by the japs..:)

"The breadbaskets [target marker flares] looked very pretty floating down in the night sky" my mother told me about the time Hitler bombed her home town of Leicester in 1940 when she was 18, she and her family survived, but others didn't.
Later he started shooting flying bombs and rockets at Britain, so of course we christians, nonchristians and atheists had to do D-day to go over there and settle his hash..:)
Below: a German landmine (parachute-bomb with delayed fuse) dropped by jerry in a Brit family's back yard-

"What bloody cheek, it's squashed me brussel sprouts!"

Stucky

Star
No offence mate but do you belong to one of them cults like the JW's who refuse to fight in any war?
No and i'd imagine most folks around this site, Christian or other, also wouldn't fight in any war. I guess you EDL folks (no offence) have a different perspective on things though.

Tidal

Star
In self defense, the term is force not violence. The term aside, not protecting yourself is just bat shit crazy.

Yes when the mob are coming to eat you, you don't ask God for "guidance" on what to do, you just pick up your weapon and start blasting to protect yourself and your family..:)
"They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed...They make a noise like a dog, and go round about the city... (Peter 2:12, Psalm 59:6)
Right Lassie?

Tidal

Star
No and i'd imagine most folks around this site, Christian or other, also wouldn't fight in any war. I guess you EDL folks (no offence) have a different perspective on things though.

Nah mate I'm not in the English Defence League; their heart's in the right place but I prefer to go my own way..:)
No offence but if you and anybody else are snowflakes you wouldn't fit in at Doomsday Hall, we want the tough Delbert Grady types.
Hey Delbert tell us how you handled the last lot of trespassers who encroached on Hall territory-

Stucky

Star
Yes when the mob are coming to eat you, you don't ask God for "guidance" on what to do, you just pick up your weapon and start blasting to protect yourself and your family
Well tbf i'm not against you getting that flame-thrower as you, being wordly, are going to need it if there's a bigger clan downstream from your abode as i'd imagine they'd take serious offence at someone pitching raw sewage into the river which would run down onto their patch. Better still look at the other idea someone pitched at you.

Your dwellings look sweet but i can't live there.

Stucky

Star
No offence but if you and anybody else are snowflakes you wouldn't fit in at Doomsday Hall
Ha that's the first time ive ever been called a snowflake. Anyways what i really wanted to say was that dining hall looks like a smashing wee place for a ceilidh. Let me get it started

Stucky

Star
Or the abortion budget...
Abortion, killing children in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Gaza,Vietnam. Whats the diff?

Anyway, let's not derail Mr Tidal's thread any further. Would you live in Doomsday hall or not?

Lisa

Superstar
Abortion, killing children in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Gaza,Vietnam. Whats the diff?

Anyway, let's not derail Mr Tidal's thread any further. Would you live in Doomsday hall or not?
Should mom’s to be get a free pass for killing their own? Because that’s what‘s happening. Should my tax dollars go into supporting that?

We have a difference of opinion about the killing of civilians..however..I do think that if the terrorists wouldn’t hide behind their civilians..less would be killed..but they are cruel, cowardly terrorists...

Would I live in Doomsday hall? Well..haha..I’d have to move to England. And I’d probably have to see tidal on the daily and that wouldn’t work for me. So probably not..hypothetically speaking.

Tidal

Star
.. that dining hall looks like a smashing wee place for a ceilidh..

Good fer you mate, the Irish were just about the only people in the world who we English couldn't conquer, which speaks volumes for your friggin toughness..:)

PS- I once had an Irish ladyfriend called Kathleen (it's true, it's true) who used to invite me back to her place in Leicester for an evening meal with her and her teenage son, but one day she'd undercooked the bacon and it was like chewing rubber, so when they weren't looking i fished it out of my mouth and slung it behind the settee for her cat but it wouldn't touch it!
I meant to pick it up later but completely forgot; she must have found it next day and rang me up in a fury, screaming at me down the phone- "YOU'RE NOT A NICE MAN AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN", so I never did..

Stucky

Star
PS- I once had an Irish ladyfriend called Kathleen (it's true, it's true) who used to invite me back to her place in Leicester for an evening meal with her and her teenage son, but one day she'd undercooked the bacon and it was like chewing rubber, so when they weren't looking i fished it out of my mouth and slung it behind the settee for her cat but it wouldn't touch it!
I meant to pick it up later but completely forgot; she must have found it next day and rang me up in a fury, screaming at me down the phone- "YOU'RE NOT A NICE MAN AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN", so I never did..

Next up on Mick's Doomsday karaoke

Tidal

Star
Yes an Elvis impersonator would be welcome at the Hall to entertain us, and if anybody can do Johnny Cash songs they can entertain us too, here's one to relax to at the end of the day in the Hall-

Tidal

Star
Speaking of biscuits and other goodies, we'll have to foray into the cities and towns from time to time to replenish the Hall's kitchen cupboards, so we'll need to commandeer a vehicle from the nearest deserted army camp.
Something like this armoured car (below) will do as it'll shrug off the bullets fired at it by the starving mobs.
Er...i've got a confession to make- I can't drive, i've never owned a car in my life, but hopefully other Hall members will know how to drive it and teach the rest of us.
PS- another confession- I know nothing about guns, so hopefully a Hall member will be able to instruct us..:)

Last edited: