Doomsday Hall

Lurker

Star
Yeah .22's are great for hunting small game and birds, but in the film 'Serpico', Pacino took a pointblank .22 in the cheek (below) and it only dazed him-

Personally I think I'd plump for a harder-hitting .38 revolver with a snub or medium length barrel, as I hear 'volvers never jam..:)
I'm feeling old school. Colt .45 Peacemaker.

Tidal

Star
Incidentally on our forays into the cities, we'll keep an eye out for people who might want to join our Hall group; for example this chap was spotted rocking in Torquay a while back-

Tidal

Star
And we'll also need a preacher at the Hall like the guy below, he can confront trespassers and tell them "You're gonna meet Jesus"..:)

Maes17

Superstar
Incidentally on our forays into the cities, we'll keep an eye out for people who might want to join our Hall group; for example this chap was spotted rocking in Torquay a while back-

Elvis is cool and all but should we just let him in the group like that?
I’ve seen enough walking dead to realize, people - especially strangers turn on the group.

The VC squad needs to keep their guard up

Tidal

Star
I’ve seen enough walking dead to realize, people - especially strangers turn on the group.

Right, if somebody looks all sweetness and light we should take the Baron's good advice-

Johnny5

Veteran

Never trust a man with a pompadour. At least that's what my grandpappy used to say.

Maes17

Superstar
Never trust a man with a pompadour. At least that's what my grandpappy used to say.
You’re grandpappy is a wise man.
Being in NM with a hispanic populace. Their traditional zoot suit, pachuco stuff...them pompadours scare me too.

Tidal

Star
In the evening in the Hall's communal living room after dinner, we can all get together and discuss the hidden meaning of the profoundly deep utterances of the great prophets such as "Be Bop a Lula"-

Maes17

Superstar
In the evening in the Hall's communal living room after dinner, we can all get together and discuss the hidden meaning of the profoundly deep utterances of the great prophets such as "Be Bop a Lula"-

Shimmy shimmy

Tidal

Star
Your dwellings look sweet but i can't live there.

Yup mate, sweet's the right word..:)
Here's a view from one of Doomsday Hall's windows, you'd never guess a plague had wiped out 99% of humans because the sky is still blue, the grass is still green, the birds are singing in the trees and the air is fresh and sweet-

But if it's TOO sweet for you, you can always choose to live among the half-starved mobs in the cities, good luck with that..:)-

Last edited:

Johnny5

Veteran
Just a thought @Tidal, you keep mentioning that the hall is in the English countryside, but you might want to check if these are on the property somewhere.
download.jpeg

Stucky

Star
But if it's TOO sweet for you, you can always choose to live among the half-starved mobs in the cities, good luck with that..:)-
Mate i'd just move up North to the Highlands where i will have a plentiful supply of Salmon, Trout, Smokies and the finest of Venison in the form of the Red Deer...Aaaa God's wee larder! The good thing about that move is that i know we wont be invaded by sassenachs as we know they don't have the testicles to handle the brisk Scottish weather...especially in winter :p . Plus if the winter is extra harsh and food hard to find then we'll just keep our eyes on the majestic Golden Eagle who will lead us to any amount of carrion we need to survive on.

On another note, in remembrance of our former civilisation, one night a year all men will be required to dress as Rab.C.Nesbitt and the women as Mary doll when we will reminisce about days gone by whilst sampling the finest of single Malts in all of God's creation.

I also will be reinstating the 'Scullery maid' as the word Scullery is just too good to lose from the English language.

Tidal

Star
Mate i'd just move up North to the Highlands where i will have a plentiful supply of Salmon, Trout, Smokies and the finest of Venison in the form of the Red Deer...Aaaa God's wee larder! The good thing about that move is that i know we wont be invaded by sassenachs as we know they don't have the testicles to handle the brisk Scottish weather...especially in winter :p

Reminds me of the story about an englishman who bought a cottage in the scottish highlands, he moved in and that evening there was a knock at the door. He opens it and there's a big hairy jock standing there in kilt, tam o' shanter, sporran, bagpipes under his arm, the lot.
"Och laddie" he says, "I live at the farm doon the glen and I'd like tae invite ye to a party there tonight, there'll be lots of drinking, singing, dancing and wild wild sex!"
"Wow thanks" says the englishman, "and how many will be there?"
"Och laddie" replies the jock, "Just the two of us!"

PS- If the jocks like Scotland so much, why are thousands living in England?.. :p
And hey, if Scotland has a referendum and leaves the UK, will all the scrounging jock immigrants in England go back there?..:p