Done with Donald

No, I'm not going to debate the substance of the ADL's findings. Learn about the ADL's true nature, then return.

Maes17

Superstar
In all seriousness we really don't have much of a choice at this point in the game. Both Trump and Johnson are imperfect men who are in reality moderates, and they play lip service to Conservatism. They are also the only thing between us and the wacky, elitist limousine leftists, and country club rinos who want us all in a global super state where we are micromanaged by them from birth til death.

The Democrat Party is a complete joke right now, their candidates are nothing more than buffoons, village idiots, and booger eating morons. The one candidate who was worth a shit in the party (Gabbard) was literally sent home to stand in the corner after tangling with Hillary. The rest are grandstanders and shitstirrers who spend most of their time apologizing or trying to show how diverse they all are.

We have no real options in the third parties either. The Libertarians are a joke right now, they ran two Rinos that got chased out of the Republican Party last time around and neither of them stood for any Libertarian principles. I just don't trust the Libertarians to not attempt that act of stupidity again so they wont get my vote this time around. The Green Candidates will never get my votes because they are bunch of nuts, who chain themselves to bulldozers or are tree huggers and I will never vote for idiots like that.

I don't like Trump very much, and I detest a lot of things about him and his personality and constant dick wagging irks me to no end. Still he is my only viable option at this point - I only wish I had a better reason for voting for him.
Pretty much this.
Despite the ego and dick wagging, Trump does carry a voice that resonates with moderates at times.

There really is no intriguing option and this country being divided is showing for it.

My concern with all this is, if he does survive being impeached, I have a a weird feeling the gov will JFK him. If that happens, expect a possible....I don’t want to say civil war, but streets nationwide will be ugly. Just my opinion

I think they've been encouraged more than discouraged in recent times, which is sending out the wrong signal if we don't think this is a good route for future transgender and -sexual generations to take. That means we are forced to speak out about it which inevitably entails offending those who have already crossed that line. I'm not indifferent to their sensitivities, but if one has a strong belief that something isn't right, one shouldn't remain silent because of other people's feelings. Especially when it is being imposed on children.

I easily could flip this around and say almost the same thing reversed, but the difference is that there are actual children's lives at stake. Something really needs to be done about this, and it needs to happen soon:
https://www.aappublications.org/news/2019/10/14/suicide101419
I hope you can understand my concern with your approach to "protecting" children.

I easily could flip this around and say almost the same thing reversed, but the difference is that there are actual children's lives at stake. Something really needs to be done about this, and it needs to happen soon:
https://www.aappublications.org/news/2019/10/14/suicide101419
I hope you can understand my concern with your approach to "protecting" children.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you believe the transgender suicide rates are high mainly because of transphobia?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume you believe the transgender suicide rates are high mainly because of transphobia?
Non-support of parents and peers mostly. It makes them feel broken. I think the risk increases after accepting the belief that gender dysphoria means something is tragically and fundamentally wrong with you.

Non-support of parents and peers mostly. It makes them feel broken. I think the risk increases after accepting the belief that gender dysphoria means something is tragically and fundamentally wrong with you.
Allow me to be mr. unpopular opinion again, but it is a disorder, since one's perception differs from reality. I think giving physical and hormone therapy is the worst thing one could do to a kid. Amputating people with bodily integrity disorder has proven not to work either. They require psychological therapy, not physical.

Allow me to be mr. unpopular opinion again, but it is a disorder, since one's perception differs from reality. I think giving physical and hormone therapy is the worst thing one could do to a kid. Amputating people with bodily integrity disorder has proven not to work either. They require psychological therapy, not physical.
Yeah, I actually agree with this to some extent. I think this is caused by the social pressure that tells them their gender must match their biological sex and physical appearance. Many opt for only transitioning socially which doesn't involve drugs or surgery. Do you have some alternate proven form of psychological therapy other than transitioning? If not, maybe you're not quite an expert and don't really know what you're talking about. Just sayin'.

Yeah, I actually agree with this to some extent. I think this is caused by the social pressure that tells them their gender must match their biological sex and physical appearance. Many opt for only transitioning socially which doesn't involve drugs or surgery. Do you have some alternate proven form of psychological therapy other than transitioning? If not, maybe you're not quite an expert and don't really know what you're talking about. Just sayin'.
Conversion therapy had decent results, until it became illegal. Wonder why.

bullsh!t LOL Conversion therapy is proven to be traumatizing and is the complete opposite of therapy.
Any physical therapy has a lot of potency to be traumatizing, that includes the physical therapy to help transition or to convert. I am obviously talking about psychological therapy. Psychological conversion therapy is attacked in the most ludicrous, but predictable fork-tongued way, saying there's no evidence one can change his gender identity or sexual orientation, while using social constructionism to change ... gender identity and sexual orientation. The whole concept of gender theory by John Money was that you could make a boy into a girl by raising him as one. But when it's to revert someone to his natural gender, then of course, that's "traumatizing".

Give people a break, will ya?

A.J.

Star
You really think we will let you drag us back to the dark ages? Not without a fight I promise you that.
Do you read VC articles? He seems more aligned with the God fearing than the occult gender bending agenda. You remove God, his design and moral absolutes and you get exploitation, perversion and despair. This is just reality. Jesus will not tolerate the religious hypocrites or the defiled pagans on the last day. You deserve better, don’t allow yourself to be deceived. Jesus can be yours.

Do you read VC articles? He seems more aligned with the God fearing than the occult gender bending agenda. You remove God, his design and moral absolutes and you get exploitation, perversion and despair. This is just reality. Jesus will not tolerate the religious hypocrites or the defiled pagans on the last day. You deserve better, don’t allow yourself to be deceived. Jesus can be yours.
Thanks. I would however count myself among the God-loving, rather than fearing. I don't fear God, only my own shortcomings.

Johnny5

Veteran
This is what it’s coming to. You can’t even hold to personal convictions as a business owner. Find another baker....

CHRISTIAN CAKE BAKER JACK PHILLIPS UNDER ATTACK AGAIN BY LGBT ACTIVIST
by texasvalues
Jul 26, 2019
Topic: Religious Liberty

Jack Phillips, the Masterpiece Cake Shop owner, is being attacked by LGBT activists in the courts for the 3rd time because of his Christian faith. Jack’s business was first sued when two gay men wanted Jack to bake a cake to affirm a “same sex wedding” in violation of Jack’s sincerely held religious belief that marriage is the union of a man and a woman. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in favor of Jack Phillips in the Masterpiece case, and rebuked the state of Colorado for its “hostility” to his faith.
After Jack won at the Supreme Court, a different activist visited Jack Phillips cake shop to ask for a cake celebrating a “gender transition.” LGBT activist Autumn Scardina brought suit against Jack Phillips claiming that Jack’s refusal to make a cake celebrating a “gender transition” was discriminatory.
Colorado later abandoned that claim in the wake of more evidence of the state’s hostility toward Jack’s religious freedom. Now, Scardina has come back again with a vengenece to file a civil lawsuit on his own behalf against Jack Phillips for deceptive trade practices. This time, Scardina is asking for monetary damages of over $100,000. Attorneys from Alliance Defending Freedom, who are representing Phillips, filed a motion to dismiss the case earlier this week.
Attorney Kristen Waggoner from Alliance Defending Freedom stated this week,
“It’s time to move on and leave Jack alone. This new lawsuit is nothing more than an activist’s attempt to harass and ruin Jack because he won’t create custom cakes that express messages or celebrate events in conflict with his conscience. Jack’s victory at the Supreme Court was great news for everyone. Tolerance for good-faith differences of opinion is essential. It’s the only way for diverse people with differing views to peacefully coexist. This attorney’s relentless pursuit of Jack is an obvious attempt to punish him for his views, banish him from the public square, and bankrupt him and his shop.”
Repeated attacks on small business owners for their sincerely held religious beliefs are happening across the nation. Some legislators in Texas were trying to push state law “Ban the Bible” bills that would punish people like Jack in Texas, both civilly and criminally. Thankfully, Texas Values helped defeat all attempts to pass “sexual orientation and gender identity” Ban the Bible legislation in the state legislature. The continued attacks on Jack Phillips and other Christians across the nation is a reminder of why Texas Values advocates for religious freedom in the state of Texas and beyond.”
I have yet to hear of an LGBT activist going into a Muslim bakery and requesting the same service as has been requested of the Christian bakers.

A.J.

Star
I have yet to hear of an LGBT activist going into a Muslim bakery and requesting the same service as has been requested of the Christian bakers.
That battle is being fought in London England over school curriculum and to my surprise the LGBT appears to be winning.

Is it explicitly a Christian bakery? or just a Christian guy who works in a bakery?

Oh, and also:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.