Donald Trump

It was a seat of the pants attack if you ask me and no one is. It was useless and totally ineffective and wasted 59 good missiles that could have been used elsewhere....Waste of taxpayers money! I read somewhere they gave a reason for not hitting the runway I wished I had bookmarked it.
Yes, strategically and geopolitically the attack was quite ineffective to plain redundant. But the political effects are clearly visible.

TMT

Star
I was away for about two weeks and in that time Trump has escalated a bunch of wars with bipartisan and media support.

This may be the beginning of the new phase, to see how easily manipulated the masses are drag his numbers down and then suddenly reverse it. Just a matter of time before an attack real or otherwise, happens, and if you think it was bad after 911 it'll be nothing compared to what this guy has planned.

Serendipity

Established
@Artful Revealer, did your opinion about Donald Trump change or do you still feel the same way about him?
I honestly thought that since Trump and Putin had a 'good' relationship then the war in Syria would calm down for a bit but it doesn't look like it. It doesn't matter who the president is, the US policies will always stay the same, at least when it comes to the Middle East.

On a side note, hope you are doing great!

@Artful Revealer, did your opinion about Donald Trump change or do you still feel the same way about him?
I honestly thought that since Trump and Putin had a 'good' relationship then the war in Syria would calm down for a bit but it doesn't look like it. It doesn't matter who the president is, the US policies will always stay the same, at least when it comes to the Middle East.

On a side note, hope you are doing great!
Doing great, thanks. Hope you are too.

In no way do I feel the same about Trump now than I did before. Right now he's either more impressionable than I thought and has succumbed to neocon pressures, or he's more strategic than I initially thought and he's playing the West and even his own administration.

I'm sure you know as well as I do that that airstrike in Syria was kabuki theatre, didn't neutralize the base at all and barely broke some furniture. They warned the Russians in advance and thus the Syrians (since the Russians would have informed the Syrians). The Syrians have Russian S400 Growler missiles that should easily intercept outdated Tomahawk missiles, but they didn't. They didn't even try, what's up with that?

Summary is, the US didn't gain anything strategically in the region, nor anything geopolitically, since at first glance relations with Russia and friends have worsened. But his gains domestically are clearly visible. First day after the attack, Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch got finally approved. Liberal media is cutting him somewhat more slack on the Trump-Russia connection story now. He's even received international support from his NATO allies just before the NATO meeting. In politics you always gotta give before you can take. Maybe he's in the giving part now.

Too many factors in this tale to jump to conclusions, personally speaking. Let's just hope we don't go to nuclear war over North-Korea.

Serendipity

Established
Doing great, thanks. Hope you are too.

In no way do I feel the same about Trump now than I did before. Right now he's either more impressionable than I thought and has succumbed to neocon pressures, or he's more strategic than I initially thought and he's playing the West and even his own administration.

I'm sure you know as well as I do that that airstrike in Syria was kabuki theatre, didn't neutralize the base at all and barely broke some furniture. They warned the Russians in advance and thus the Syrians (since the Russians would have informed the Syrians). The Syrians have Russian S400 Growler missiles that should easily intercept outdated Tomahawk missiles, but they didn't. They didn't even try, what's up with that?

Summary is, the US didn't gain anything strategically in the region, nor anything geopolitically, since at first glance relations with Russia and friends have worsened. But his gains domestically are clearly visible. First day after the attack, Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch got finally approved. Liberal media is cutting him somewhat more slack on the Trump-Russia connection story now. He's even received international support from his NATO allies just before the NATO meeting. In politics you always gotta give before you can take. Maybe he's in the giving part now.

Too many factors in this tale to jump to conclusions, personally speaking. Let's just hope we don't go to nuclear war over North-Korea.
Well I am certainly glad you changed your mind about him. I think he finally succumbed to the pressures and is doing exactly what he is 'supposed' to do (as in told to do). It is disappointing since I hoped him being elected will at least improve the situation in Syria, oh well..

Kabuki theatre or not, I am done with countries bombing the hell out of Syria, its not a civil war, never have been and never will be. It is a proxy war and a dick measuring contest between the major countries and it is the civilians who are paying the price.

Anyway, just when we thought getting Trump elected would prevent a US-Russia nuclear war, there comes North Korea but honestly, I do not think anything would happen. They aren't that stupid.

(Wenger out or Wenger in? Getting ridiculous yea?:p )

Devine

Star
I live in a very republican and rural state and no one put out any yard signs until the day of the election. Like him or not it was so fascinating to watch because No One who planned on voting for him was saying so! And despite the dems cheating as much as they could in the cities, rural america silently swooped in and stole it.
I have always been an independent. I voted for him. I might end up regretting it very much. Whatever he does I will always believe that hillary would have been worse. she, we know for sure, is a satanic pedo.

TMT

Star
Trump getting ready to clamp down on wiki leaks, then onto any publication that criticizes him. They are getting ready for something. As Mr.Arnold said in Jurassic Park, hang on to your butts.

Aero

Superstar
Attacking that Syrian base killed 2 birds with 1 stone. To send a message, and to get the media on Trumps side. And they seem to be all in on the belief that the Syrian army was responsible for the chemical attack. They just sanctioned 271 Syrians supposedly doing "research" on chemical weapons.

If you study history you see that wars are always accompanied by lies. Or you can just read "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu. Why would the U.S Government tell us the truth? Why would the Syrian government, or the Russians? They wouldn't. They have declared psychological war on their own people.