DONALD TRUMP HAS BEEN IMPEACHED!!! WHAT NOW??

hyorishthottie

Established
Trump is the 3rd president In US history to be impeached. How do you all feel about this? Be honest. I personally feel like other presidents have done worse and he didn't deserve this. I am not even registered as left / dem.

Thunderian

Superstar
According to the latest figures, Trump’s approval is higher than ever, and he is favoured to win against ANY Democratic candidate, including Hillary.

The impeachment is a farce, and is making 2020 a lock for Trump. It’s the worst thing the Democrats could have done.

hyorishthottie

Established
According to the latest figures, Trump’s approval is higher than ever, and he is favoured to win against ANY Democratic candidate, including Hillary.

The impeachment is a farce, and is making 2020 a lock for Trump. It’s the worst thing the Democrats could have done.
I'm neutral and only 25. I dont have much voting experience but honestly I can't stand Hilary. I would have voted for Trump if I had no choice back then.

I will admit Trump actively engaged south Korea and North korea while under obama administration they took North Korea nuke threats as a joke. Clowning the dictator 24/7. I didnt see obama going over there to at least attempt something . Sure it ended right back where it started with not much permanent progress. But still.

I can only see more conflicts arising now.
This isnt an automatic fix for anything.

Part of me is glad he is out cause I'm sick of all the negativity leftist bring whenever he is mentioned yet I'm upset cause this is not the answer.

A.J.

Star
Yawn..... it’s always darkest before the dawn. Either the bastards fry or it’s a big distraction.... nothing lost, nothing gained... Obama’s going down in history as a great president. It’s all fake news.

A.J.

Star
I'm neutral and only 25. I dont have much voting experience but honestly I can't stand Hilary. I would have voted for Trump if I had no choice back then.

I will admit Trump actively engaged south Korea and North korea while under obama administration they took North Korea nuke threats as a joke. Clowning the dictator 24/7. I didnt see obama going over there to at least attempt something . Sure it ended right back where it started with not much permanent progress. But still.

Part of me is glad he is out cause I'm sick of all the negativity leftist bring whenever he is mentioned yet I'm upset cause this is not the answer.
He’s not out bro... he’s not going anywhere. Hang in there bro, appreciate your concern. Our government is a mess and the news just adds to the confusion.

Last edited:

hyorishthottie

Established
He’s not out bro... he’s not going anywhere. Hang in there bro, appreciate your concern. Our government is a mess and the news just adds to the confusion.
CNN was reporting he been impeached. But CNN is messy too.

A.J.

Star
CNN was reporting he been impeached. But CNN is messy too.
It’s the Democrat controlled house. The senate will throw it out. This could have happened to obama, but nobody was ever this stupid. This was political suicide. Democrats may never win another election, not that it really matters in the long run.

hyorishthottie

Established

KEY POINTS
  • The House of Representatives votes to impeach President Donald Trump for high crimes and misdemeanors.
  • The votes mark only the third time in American history that the House has impeached a president.
  • Trump holds a campaign rally in Michigan during the historic vote.
BREAKING NEWS

POLITICS
President Trump is impeached in a historic vote by the House, will face trial in the Senate

PUBLISHED WED, DEC 18 20198:24 PM ESTUPDATED MOMENTS AGO
Christina Wilkie@CHRISTINAWILKIE
KEY POINTS
  • The House of Representatives votes to impeach President Donald Trump for high crimes and misdemeanors.
  • The votes mark only the third time in American history that the House has impeached a president.
[COLOR=rgba(7, 29, 57, 0)]WATCH NOW[/COLOR]
VIDEO[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8)]01:34[/COLOR]
US House votes to impeach Pres. Trump for abuse of power, obstruction of Congress
WASHINGTON — The House of Representatives voted Wednesday night to impeach President Donald Trump, making him only the third president to be charged with high crimes and misdemeanors and face a Senate trial that could remove him from office.
The largely party-line vote after eight hours of highly charged partisan debate represented the culmination of a sprawling three-month investigation that was conducted by multiple committees in the Democratic-controlled House and was opposed at every turn by the White House and congressional Republicans.
Following Wednesday’s votes, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham called the impeachment an “unconstitutional travesty.” Trump, she said n a statement, “is confident the Senate will restore regular order, fairness, and due process,” and he is prepared “for the next steps and confident that he will be fully exonerated.”
Article one, abuse of power, was adopted by 230 to 197, with one member voting present. Article two, obstruction of Congress, passed by 229 to 198 with one voting present. Two Democrats broke ranks and voted against impeachment.
One of them was Rep. Colin Peterson, D-Minn., who represents a district that Trump won easily in 2016 and who had faced pressure for months to oppose the impeachment. The other was New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew, who is expected to switch parties and join the Republican caucus. Van Drew and Peterson had consistently voted against allowing the impeachment probe to move forward in procedural votes this fall.
Ultimately, Trump was impeached on two specific charges: The first was that he abused his power by freezing U.S. foreign aid to Ukraine in order to pressure Ukraine’s president into launching investigations into Trump’s domestic political opponents. According to the first article of impeachment, Trump’s actions toward Ukraine amounted to having used his office to solicit “the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election.”
Through his conduct, the article asserts, Trump “demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office, and has acted in a manner grossly incompatible with self-governance and the rule of law.”
The second article charges Trump with obstruction of Congress for demanding that top level staffers at the White House defy the lawfully issued subpoenas they received from the House Intelligence Committee, compelling them to testify in the impeachment probe.

A.J.

Star
“What the house crew have assembled is an interesting back-door attempt to position a valid claim for evidence against the accused without having first gained judicial authority for it. The Lawfare crew will argue to the lower courts, and to SCOTUS, the blocked evidentiary material is critical evidence in a soon-to-be-held Senate trial.
The material they have been seeking is: (1) Mueller grand jury material; (2) a deposition by former White House counsel Don McGahn; and less importantly (3) Trump financial and tax records. Each of these issues is currently being argued in appellate courts (6e and McGahn) and the supreme court (financials/taxes).
The House impeachment of President Trump succeeds in applying the label “impeached president” that was their primary political purpose. President Trump is marred with the label of an ‘impeached president’.
Now the delay in sending the articles of impeachment allows the House lawyers to gather additional evidence while the impeachment case sits in limbo.” https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/12/18/cunning-lawfare-maneuver-house-will-withhold-submission-of-articles-from-senate/

A.J.

Star

KEY POINTS
BREAKING NEWS

POLITICS
President Trump is impeached in a historic vote by the House, will face trial in the Senate

PUBLISHED WED, DEC 18 20198:24 PM ESTUPDATED MOMENTS AGO
Christina Wilkie@CHRISTINAWILKIE
KEY POINTS

[COLOR=rgba(7, 29, 57, 0)]WATCH NOW[/COLOR]
VIDEO[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.8)]01:34[/COLOR]
US House votes to impeach Pres. Trump for abuse of power, obstruction of Congress
WASHINGTON — The House of Representatives voted Wednesday night to impeach President Donald Trump, making him only the third president to be charged with high crimes and misdemeanors and face a Senate trial that could remove him from office.
The largely party-line vote after eight hours of highly charged partisan debate represented the culmination of a sprawling three-month investigation that was conducted by multiple committees in the Democratic-controlled House and was opposed at every turn by the White House and congressional Republicans.
Following Wednesday’s votes, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham called the impeachment an “unconstitutional travesty.” Trump, she said n a statement, “is confident the Senate will restore regular order, fairness, and due process,” and he is prepared “for the next steps and confident that he will be fully exonerated.”
Article one, abuse of power, was adopted by 230 to 197, with one member voting present. Article two, obstruction of Congress, passed by 229 to 198 with one voting present. Two Democrats broke ranks and voted against impeachment.
One of them was Rep. Colin Peterson, D-Minn., who represents a district that Trump won easily in 2016 and who had faced pressure for months to oppose the impeachment. The other was New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew, who is expected to switch parties and join the Republican caucus. Van Drew and Peterson had consistently voted against allowing the impeachment probe to move forward in procedural votes this fall.
Ultimately, Trump was impeached on two specific charges: The first was that he abused his power by freezing U.S. foreign aid to Ukraine in order to pressure Ukraine’s president into launching investigations into Trump’s domestic political opponents. According to the first article of impeachment, Trump’s actions toward Ukraine amounted to having used his office to solicit “the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election.”
Through his conduct, the article asserts, Trump “demonstrated that he will remain a threat to national security and the Constitution if allowed to remain in office, and has acted in a manner grossly incompatible with self-governance and the rule of law.”
The second article charges Trump with obstruction of Congress for demanding that top level staffers at the White House defy the lawfully issued subpoenas they received from the House Intelligence Committee, compelling them to testify in the impeachment probe.
Despite all that, nothing is going to change. It’s all political theatre. He’s not going anywhere. That’s the shame of it all. People actually thought he was being removed from office.

They are trying to smear him cause they don’t have anyone to beat him. Only the low information voter will be swayed by this in 2020. I’m still gonna write in Mickey Mouse if nobody goes to jail over all this nonsense.

Thunderian

Superstar
If the Democrats had chosen to censure Trump, they would have had supporters on the Republican side as well. Now they have to live with this, and there are a lot of people who would have gladly voted for a Democrat, who are now going to be voting for Trump. This impeachment has cost the taxpayers millions, added to the millions they already went through investigating the Russian fairytale, and there are a LOT of pissed off, tax paying, swing voters who are going to make Trump’s election sure this time — electoral college and the popular vote.

justjess

Superstar
It’s the Democrat controlled house. The senate will throw it out. This could have happened to obama, but nobody was ever this stupid. This was political suicide. Democrats may never win another election, not that it really matters in the long run.
Republicans impeached Clinton. Won the next election. One does not preclude the other.

Thunderian

Superstar

Trump has to be given credit for trying, for not starting any new wars or escalating any old ones, and for the best economy in ages.
“What the house crew have assembled is an interesting back-door attempt to position a valid claim for evidence against the accused without having first gained judicial authority for it. The Lawfare crew will argue to the lower courts, and to SCOTUS, the blocked evidentiary material is critical evidence in a soon-to-be-held Senate trial.
The material they have been seeking is: (1) Mueller grand jury material; (2) a deposition by former White House counsel Don McGahn; and less importantly (3) Trump financial and tax records. Each of these issues is currently being argued in appellate courts (6e and McGahn) and the supreme court (financials/taxes).
The House impeachment of President Trump succeeds in applying the label “impeached president” that was their primary political purpose. President Trump is marred with the label of an ‘impeached president’.
Now the delay in sending the articles of impeachment allows the House lawyers to gather additional evidence while the impeachment case sits in limbo.” https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/12/18/cunning-lawfare-maneuver-house-will-withhold-submission-of-articles-from-senate/
Being impeached means nothing anyway, if Bill Clinton is anything to go by.

Thunderian

Superstar
Clinton got his dick sucked. Trump attempted to use his position of authority to get foreign entities to do him favors. They are both a disgrace to the office.
Clinton was impeached because he committed perjury, not because he diddled an intern. Either way, no one seems to care anymore.

If Trump used his position to get favours from Ukraine in a phone call, there is no evidence of it, and the transcripts and Ukraine both say it never happened. That’s why Republicans don’t support this impeachment. It’s a partisan sham.

Aero

Superstar
I personally feel like other presidents have done worse
Exactly. The impeachment argument is like beating a dead horse with the biggest double standard in the history of politics.

Personally speaking, I really don't care. In fact, someone would have to pay me to care about politics that much. I'm just over it, I mean I used to have friends in the liberal media. But few appear to have survived the constant rounds of brain-snatching.

It's like we get it. Trump allegedly did all this bad stuff. And I'm not cool anymore. Great! I feel I'm in kindergarten again. And everyone is bringing the same crap to "show and tell". Like sorry yall, Tommy brought his puppet to show and tell AGAIN. Seriously though, that crap wouldn't fly in kindergarten. Kids would be telling Tommy where to stick his puppet on day 2.