Does the artist know about selling their soul?

TruthExposer

Established
Like, When a music artists signs a contract, they like know they are selling their soul, like they learn and must keep this a secret, or doesn't know anything, or in some cases they learn what's goin on, andd theyall will be killed or killed be the only ones who seem to work against their agenda? like some of the famous guys predicted their death. Smn who is into these shit can tell me abt it?

jollycynic

I suspect that it's not an all at once thing. Probably more like the downward progression of a heroin addict. Dying piece by piece. Selling yourself a bit at a time. The first recording contract is that initial high. But then you find out that if you don't keep playing ball you'll never get a recording studio to rent to you or a producer to work with you. And you desperately need another hit of that fame and glory and money. So you do a silly little ritual with Abramovich or someone just like her. Not that big of a deal, nothing you have to keep doing (you're only sucking dick for drugs just this one time). Bit by bit the rewards get thinner and the humiliation gets worse.

I think that many artists wouldn't sign if they knew the total cost. But it seems so reasonable on an installment plan.

John K.

Rookie
Like, When a music artists signs a contract, they like know they are selling their soul, like they learn and must keep this a secret, or doesn't know anything, or in some cases they learn what's goin on, andd theyall will be killed or killed be the only ones who seem to work against their agenda? like some of the famous guys predicted their death. Smn who is into these shit can tell me abt it?
They can't sell the soul. The soul belongs to God.

Aero

Superstar
I would argue some artists know that they are selling *something* that isn't written in the contracts. But that's not unique to any one industry. It boils down to a simple question do you want to be somebody or a nobody? Because either way, you are selling out to something. What I mean is you could be selling out to fear, comfort, or fame.

The choice is yours. That's what I say if you have to sell something, sell pride. Or better yet, double down on that and give pride away for free. That way, you can be somebody without all of the hassles.

Johnny157843

For me it is half and half

I’ve been researching about the music industry for a very long time since going to school for being a composer and having aspirations to become a musician. as some already said it’s not physically “selling your soul” but rather giving up your morals, religious beliefs, etc. to please a dark force.

now I also say no because for childhood musicians/actors they don’t really understand the concept and are groomed at an early age so I think that’s where it gets murky. For example Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake. They may have not had an idea of what the music industry or entertainment industry is about but they become literal slaves since their childhood into adulthood. Some struggle with breaking free but as you might know there’s always a price (Michael, Whitney, etc.)

queen82

Star
For me it is half and half

I’ve been researching about the music industry for a very long time since going to school for being a composer and having aspirations to become a musician. as some already said it’s not physically “selling your soul” but rather giving up your morals, religious beliefs, etc. to please a dark force.

now I also say no because for childhood musicians/actors they don’t really understand the concept and are groomed at an early age so I think that’s where it gets murky. For example Britney Spears or Justin Timberlake. They may have not had an idea of what the music industry or entertainment industry is about but they become literal slaves since their childhood into adulthood. Some struggle with breaking free but as you might know there’s always a price (Michael, Whitney, etc.)
Britney is more a victim , she was sold by her parents ...

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Well, there was a guy in my school who is now signed to Sony Music.

A close friend of mine, who is the repairs and maintenance guy for the major musical groups in my state, commented that after the contract the guy said wasn't the same person as before. Sony controlled who he was allowed to talk, the clothes he could use and many other aspects of his life. Also he was surrounded by bodyguards now.

I don't remember very well if my friend commented if he regreted signing the contract or not... Anyway, signing the contract isn't the same thing as selling your soul, but you're deffinetively selling your terrestrial life to sony. The bodyguards weren't there to protect him, they were there to proctect sony's property.

queen82

Star
Well, there was a guy in my school who is now signed to Sony Music.

A close friend of mine, who is the repairs and maintenance guy for the major musical groups in my state, commented that after the contract the guy said wasn't the same person as before. Sony controlled who he was allowed to talk, the clothes he could use and many other aspects of his life. Also he was surrounded by bodyguards now.

I don't remember very well if my friend commented if he regreted signing the contract or not... Anyway, signing the contract isn't the same thing as selling your soul, but you're deffinetively selling your terrestrial life to sony. The bodyguards weren't there to protect him, they were there to proctect sony's property.
so it works with people that works in the music industry even if they weren't singers etc , i mean mind control

Tidal

Star
John Lennon wrote and sang 'Imagine' and the Estab would certainly approve of it because it promoted the sick message of atheism and multiculturism, and he was later gunned down-

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
so it works with people that works in the music industry even if they weren't singers etc , i mean mind control
Dang, I don't know what had happened to my writing skills when I wrote that text.

My friend is a luthier (someone who repairs and build musical instruments) he does freelance work to musicians and music groups from my state, he once repaired the guitar from the guy who signed to sony and thats how I got the info :)

queen82

Star
Dang, I don't know what had happened to my writing skills when I wrote that text.

My friend is a luthier (someone who repairs and build musical instruments) he does freelance work to musicians and music groups from my state, he once repaired the guitar from the guy who signed to sony and thats how I got the info :)
is that guy a famous singer ? i mean the one that was signed to Sony

queen82

Star
Are you sure? We have free will. But I would like a music industry slave, who believes they sold their soul to the devil for riches and fame to renig on the deal. They say you can't, but Satan is the father of lies....so, maybe you can tear up the contract, accept Christ and turn from that life.
they would be dead if they break the contract ...

sickgirl15

Established
They can't sell the soul. The soul belongs to God.
Why do you so arrogantly assume “the soul belongs to “god?” The soul belongs exclusively to the human being who it is inside of. Not everyone believes in the same “god.” Selling ones soul really means doing things that you really find degrading, do not enjoy, are very against the certain activity, HATE doing it, but still do whatever it is in exchange for material things—money, cars, a big house, fame, drugs, riches, essentially. The person is going dead against what they truly deep down believe in their heart is 100% WRONG. That’s what the term “selling your soul” alludes to...

sickgirl15

Established
they would be dead if they break the contract ...
I hate to say this, but Amy Winehouse, I believe, was murdered. She lost tons of money for her backers by going onstage high and drunk; too inebriated to give a good show & give her fans their money’s worth plus her handlers lost a lot of money investing in her concerts. It’s called the music BUSINESS for a reason. Professionalism counts. They claim she had zero alcohol in her body or drugs when she died, and I read someone heard screams from her apartment that night. I don’t know; but it definitely makes sense. I believe it was Chaka Khan who said some musicians are worth more money dead than alive. And Amy was 27. She looked fantastic when she first started out! I heard critics said she was “fat,” and that’s one reason she did drugs— to lose weight. And boy did she. RIP Amy. You had a hell of a fabulous look, voice, etc. Her “boyfriend” Blake (flake) Fielder - Civil didn’t give a crap about her either. Poor girl was a fucking star!! She should have been PROTECTED!!!

queen82

Star
I hate to say this, but Amy Winehouse, I believe, was murdered. She lost tons of money for her backers by going onstage high and drunk; too inebriated to give a good show & give her fans their money’s worth plus her handlers lost a lot of money investing in her concerts. It’s called the music BUSINESS for a reason. Professionalism counts. They claim she had zero alcohol in her body or drugs when she died, and I read someone heard screams from her apartment that night. I don’t know; but it definitely makes sense. I believe it was Chaka Khan who said some musicians are worth more money dead than alive. And Amy was 27. She looked fantastic when she first started out! I heard critics said she was “fat,” and that’s one reason she did drugs— to lose weight. And boy did she. RIP Amy. You had a hell of a fabulous look, voice, etc. Her “boyfriend” Blake (flake) Fielder - Civil didn’t give a crap about her either. Poor girl was a fucking star!! She should have been PROTECTED!!!
Amy Winehouse was not the only one, the list is long ..