Does santa pave the way for questionning faith

Funnygirl1

Rookie
Maybe some people do question their religion, but is that a bad thing? Should you just blindly good the 'true' religion that conveniently happens to be the one your parents taught, or look to the thousands of other versions of Christianity, Judeo-Christian or other miscellaneous religions. Christmas isn't even Jesus's birthday, his real birthday would be around spring time, Christmas was just chosen for convenience due to pagans already celebrating the winter equinox, hence the similarities between pagan winter rituals and how people celebrate Christmas now, including the Christian traditions.

The problem is the Bible's so vague many people come up with different viewpoints of what is right or wrong when celebration of how to celebrate and Santa is one of them.
...thats why i said apart from the obvious comparisons between pagan traditions...
I never said it was a bad thing....
I just think its quite odd that those who do the father christmas thing are essentially regurgitating a lie for the common good

But the people that are doing it on a macro level they see as sinister

(We all join in on a thing we see as immoral and "bad" lying, to achieve our end goal,their happiness.)

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
You sure it wasn't a chupacabra that you almost hit?
No way. I've talked to two elders in two different occasions and both assured it was a werewolf. Mind you that the werewolf isn't your common wolfman, both of them talked about a satanic ritual one has to pefform before turning in one, and in native brazilian folklore the werewolf is a self-cursed person most of times (that and the seventh male son after six female daughters).

It was a ugly man-like figure, standing naked in the middle of the dark road (just before a turn, the fiend) twitching with something around its waist, it was either a tail or a belt, couldn't see it very well since I was around 90~100 km/h, could barely dodge it. That particular road part is famous for accidents and ghastly apparitions, but i've never seen something that vivid before.

The problem is the Bible's so vague many people come up with different viewpoints of what is right or wrong when celebration of how to celebrate and Santa is one of them.
Luther, 1517.

I just think its quite odd that those who do the father christmas thing are essentially regurgitating a lie for the common good
Talk about anglo-saxon countries. Here in brazil before globalization and pre-2005 christmas trees were just mimicry from movies, most households had neat nativity scenes. I've managed to recover our old family nativity scene and set it up in my new house, might as well snap a pic to show here, i'ts really nice at night

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
The war on the phoney holiday known as "Xmas" is over. It was Christians who killed it. They surrendered the spirit of the season to demonic, capitalistic designs and now have a "debt-holiday" full of stress, guilt and hard feelings to look forward to.

personally i dont think there is a war on Christmas, especially in the west, its just something the likes of fox news use to stir up people on both sides. people can still celebrate a pagan yuletide, a christian Christmas, an atheist Xmas, a capitalist Xmas, the Jewish Hanukkah, the winter solstice, and all the other celebrations.

in my own family we celebrate a complete mash up

me -atheist
my sister - a white witch
my cousin - evengenical
my aunt - catholic
mother - mild religious
dad - likes gifts and the food
my partner - doesnt care either way
my grandmother - same as me

we just get on with each others personal likes and dislikes, there's no Christmas war, ive even driven my aunt and mother to the midnight mass, i dont personally subscribe but i dont mind taking them. and honestly i see the same thing outside my family, except for the few who believe there is some evil sinister thing to get rid of xmas