Does Joel 2:4 - 10 reference a zombie army.

Joel 2:4-10
King James Version
4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

Horses run on all 4s, zombies leap and run like animals

5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

Super strength and abilities leaping as high as a mountain?

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

Zombie super strength. Climbing walls. Zombie hive mind set not breaking rank.

8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

zombies don't die ^

9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

Run upon the wall?

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

New International Version
4 They have the appearance of horses;(A)
they gallop along like cavalry.
5 With a noise like that of chariots(B)
they leap over the mountaintops,
like a crackling fire(C) consuming stubble,
like a mighty army drawn up for battle.

6 At the sight of them, nations are in anguish;(D)
every face turns pale.(
E)
7 They charge like warriors;(F)
they scale walls like soldiers.
They all march in line,(G)
not swerving(H) from their course.
8 They do not jostle each other;

each marches straight ahead.
They plunge through defenses
without breaking ranks.
9 They rush upon the city;
they run along the wall.
They climb into the houses;(I)
like thieves they enter through the windows.(J)

10 Before them the earth shakes,(K)
the heavens tremble,(L)
the sun and moon are darkened,(M)
and the stars no longer shine.(N

L3M4

Star
Seems to be other sort of creatures, but I can't find much physical "zombie" details aside from the "pale" reference?

Karlysymon

Superstar
I've always read this (Joel 2:1-11) as a reference to the Second Coming.

You are asking a question when an answer is in those very verses but maybe you just want validation for your zombie beliefs?
Anyway, vs 1-2
"....for the day of the LORD is coming. It's close at hand; a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness. Like dawn spreading across the mountains, a large and mighty army comes, such as never was of old nor will ever be in the ages to come."

vs 11 (compare with Revelation 19:11-16 & Isaiah 13:1-5..."The LORD is mustering an army for war")
"The LORD thunders at the head of His army; His forces are beyond number and mighty are those who obey His command.
The day of the LORD is great; It is dreadful. Who can endure it?

the heavens tremble,(L)
This description of the heavenly lights "going out"/ceasing to shine attends every description of the Second Coming in both the OT & NT.
See: Isaiah 13:9-10, 24:23, 34:4, Jeremiah 4:23-28, Joel 2:31, Amos 5:20, Zephaniah 1:14-15, Matthew 24:29, etc

phipps

Star
There are no zombies in the Bible. People are either dead or alive, there is no in between.

When people are dead the Bible tells us:

- The dead know absolutely nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 6, 10; Psalm 115:17).

- They cannot contact the living, they do not know what the living are doing, their thoughts have perished (Job 14:12, 21; Ecclesiastes 9:6; Psalm 146:4).

- The dead will sleep until the great day of the Lord at the end of the world (Job 14:12; 2 Peter 3:10).

- Jesus called death sleep (John 11:11-14). So in death people are totally unconscious with no activity or knowledge of any kind.

Obviously Joel 2 is using figurative language. If we want to find out what the Bible is talking about we have to search for similar language in other parts of it. The Bible is its own best interpreter.

Horses are a symbol of strength and power in battle in the Bible. Here is scripture that mentions horses, Exodus 15:21; Job 39:19; Psalms 147:10; Proverbs 21:3; 1 Isaiah 43:17; Jeremiah 8:6; Ezekiel 38:15; Zechariah 10:3.

Joel 2 is talking about the Day of the Lord which is always about Jesus' second coming. Here is scripture that talks about it in other parts of the Bible. Ezekiel 13:5; Joel 1:15; Jeremiah 30:7-8; Malachi 4:5; 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3, 4-8; 2 Peter 3:10. Also in Acts 2:19-20 the apostle Peter quoted Joel 2:30-31.

Last edited:
I've always read this (Joel 2:1-11) as a reference to the Second Coming.

You are asking a question when an answer is in those very verses but maybe you just want validation for your zombie beliefs?
Anyway, vs 1-2
"....for the day of the LORD is coming. It's close at hand; a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness. Like dawn spreading across the mountains, a large and mighty army comes, such as never was of old nor will ever be in the ages to come."

vs 11 (compare with Revelation 19:11-16 & Isaiah 13:1-5..."The LORD is mustering an army for war")
"The LORD thunders at the head of His army; His forces are beyond number and mighty are those who obey His command.
The day of the LORD is great; It is dreadful. Who can endure it?

This description of the heavenly lights "going out"/ceasing to shine attends every description of the Second Coming in both the OT & NT.
See: Isaiah 13:9-10, 24:23, 34:4, Jeremiah 4:23-28, Joel 2:31, Amos 5:20, Zephaniah 1:14-15, Matthew 24:29, etc
Yeh I'm aware of that interpretation or alternatively this plague is part of the wrath of God making it his army as such.

And the revelation verses are completely separate and this precursors that.

phipps

Star
U really think all the zombie programming is for nothing in movies ?
Many things in the movies are not related to the Bible at all. The industry is evil and satanic and is pushing the agenda of the elite/illuminati/devil worshippers/voodoo (whatever you call them) which is for complete control of all mankind except themselves of course. Zombies are one of those things. There is no such thing as undead people in the Bible.

Zechariah 14:12-13
12 This is the plague with which the Lord will strike(A) all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.(B) 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic.(C) They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another.(D)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
12 This is the plague with which the Lord will strike(A) all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.(B) 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic.(C) They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another.(D)
Sounds like a nuclear disaster to me…

phipps

Star
I've posted above what the Bible says about the state of death. The Bible does not contradict itself so its not going to say somewhere else that there is a middle ground between life and death. The Bible is always consistent.

Zechariah 14:1-15 is talking about the Day of the Lord. I posted above using scripture that the Day of the Lord represents Jesus' second coming. Verses 12-13 are talking about events that will happen at the end of the world to the wicked.

Let me preface this with saying I could be really wrong about these verses etc but it's something to think about. I don't think we give God enough credit or think outside the box enough if men's hearts are going to fail them from fear I'm guessing some crazy stuff is going on.

Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come(A) when the dead will hear(B) the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life(C) in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge(D) because he is the Son of Man.

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming(E) when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.(F)

Daniel 12:2
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt

Isaiah 9:17-20
“Therefore Yahuah shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaks folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still. For wickedness burns as the fire: it shall devour the briers and thorns, and shall kindle in the thickets of the forest, and they shall mount up like the lifting up of smoke. Through the wrath of Yahuah Tseba’oth, the land is darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother. And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm:”
Revelation 20:13-15
King James Version
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

The theory is there are 2 zombie like people. One from the jabs/mark. 2 from the rapture when all are raised so where do the dead go if they are raised? They don't get new bodies this suggests to me they raise onto the earth as zombie like creatures...

when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.(F)

Possibly.

On the jab/vaccine/coming mark of the beast.

Alot of this stuff seems to point to graphene oxide (black goo)

The assimilation of mankind. It is present in the vaccine also.

It goes into neurolink, also. Neurolink uses graphene oxide. The mark I think will make people healthy again whoever was ill that is.

"What Black Goo Will Do To You - iConnectFX™" https://iconnectfx.com/view/9a43f073-0401-ec11-9969-0050568299de

Here's some predictive programming thrown in

Also I will post some vids of the huge amounts of dreams believers have been having on zombies.

phipps

Star
Let me preface this with saying I could be really wrong about these verses etc but it's something to think about. I don't think we give God enough credit or think outside the box enough if men's hearts are going to fail them from fear I'm guessing some crazy stuff is going on.

Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come(A) when the dead will hear(B) the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life(C) in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge(D) because he is the Son of Man.

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming(E) when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.(F)

Daniel 12:2
And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt

Isaiah 9:17-20
“Therefore Yahuah shall have no joy in their young men, neither shall have mercy on their fatherless and widows: for every one is an hypocrite and an evildoer, and every mouth speaks folly. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still. For wickedness burns as the fire: it shall devour the briers and thorns, and shall kindle in the thickets of the forest, and they shall mount up like the lifting up of smoke. Through the wrath of Yahuah Tseba’oth, the land is darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother. And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm:”
Revelation 20:13-15
King James Version
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

The theory is there are 2 zombie like people. One from the jabs/mark. 2 from the rapture when all are raised so where do the dead go if they are raised? They don't get new bodies this suggests to me they raise onto the earth as zombie like creatures...

when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.(F)

Possibly.

It goes into neurolink, also. Neurolink uses graphene oxide. The mark I think will make people healthy again whoever was ill that is.

"What Black Goo Will Do To You - iConnectFX™" https://iconnectfx.com/view/9a43f073-0401-ec11-9969-0050568299de

Here's some predictive programming thrown in

Also I will post some vids of the huge amounts of dreams believers have been having on zombies.
I agree we don't give God enough credit but all that we believe about Him is in the Bible, if its not written of there its not the truth is it? Don't force your opinions/beliefs on God's Word. You've got to let God's Word explain itself to you.

When the Bible talks about people being raised from the dead after Jesus comes back the second time, they will be fully alive not in some zombie state. That means they will have will have the breath of life plus their physical bodies. They will be living souls (Genesis 2:7). God who created us has power over life and death. Until then all those that are dead will stay dead until after Jesus returns.

The righteous after being resurrected along with the righteous who are alive will get new bodies, so says the Bible (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53).

The unrighteous/wicked dead who will be resurrected after the 1000 years will not have immortal bodies because they will be heading to hell after their judgement in front of Christ and the saved. However they will be just as alive as you and me are. They will be fully alive when they are thrown in hell as they will know that God will have judged them justly. They won''t be zombies nor does the Bible even hint at such a falsity.

This theory is not from God's Word. God's Word is clear what is going to happen to everyone whether they are righteous or unrighteous.

Possibly.

It goes into neurolink, also. Neurolink uses graphene oxide.
The vaccine is not the mark of the beast. The mark of the beast is about a conscious/spiritual decision that that people will make in their hearts not follow God but the beast. People who get the vaccine are not making spiritual decisions about who they worship are they? They think the vaccine is going to protect them from getting covid-19. Its about their health.

The mark I think will make people healthy again whoever was ill that is.
As Christians are we supposed to think whatever we like and not let the Bible tell us what God's Word says? The mark of the beast will not make anyone healthy as it is not a physical mark plus the Bible warns us in the strongest language possible against getting the mark of the beast, "Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name” (Revelation 14:9-11).

You have convinced yourself of something that is not from the Word of God at all. You've come up with your own opinion instead of sticking to God's which is the only one that matters.

Last edited:
I never said the vaccine is the mark of the beast...

I do get confused why some people on this conspiracy site.

Do not see correlations between what the agenda is and god's word. You seem to be on a conspiracy site claiming, nothing is a conspiracy at all and everything is pretty straight forward in god's word. I don't think you can say exactly what the tribulation looks like.

I also think when you look at technology now. You can't put the tribulation and other things in a historical setting infact it would be better to think of it as futuristic will God be entirely silent on this ... I don't think so.

I'm assuming u also think the sons of God that left there first estate were not angels? Everything prophetic and things that actually give people hope in these wacky times the Bible is speaking of you seem to reduce down to some sort of archetype cessationism.

While the verses on judgement are up for debate some of the other verses like the psalm 27 point to hinted prophecy.

We must pay attention to dreams because God said people would prophesy from dreams in the last days.

God is not silent on this technological age. I don't think verses about Saturday worship is cutting it. But I could be wrong but I do know very much the evidence in the Bible

The nephilim, fallen angels and the UFO deception. If you think that is also a myth I'm going to say you have no discernment.

phipps

Star
Have you tested if these people are speaking according to the word of God (1 Thessalonians 5:20-21)? Remember we must test these people by the Bible, and not the Bible by these people. They should always agree 100% with Scripture, "To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20).

Have you tested if these people are speaking according to the word of God (1 Thessalonians 5:20-21)? Remember we must test these people by the Bible, and not the Bible by these people. They should always agree 100% with Scripture, "To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" (Isaiah 8:20).
Nothing they said contradict the Bible.

A hive mind set could be equivalent to a zombie like state.

They clearly contradict your understanding of the Bible. But as we know exegesis differs.

Anyway you are clearly not even open to recieving the message. So please move on.

Maldarker

Star
King James Version
4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run.

Horses run on all 4s, zombies leap and run like animals

5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array.

Super strength and abilities leaping as high as a mountain?

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness.

7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks:

Zombie super strength. Climbing walls. Zombie hive mind set not breaking rank.

8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

zombies don't die ^

9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief.

Run upon the wall?

10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:

4 They have the appearance of horses;(A)
they gallop along like cavalry.
5 With a noise like that of chariots(B)
they leap over the mountaintops,
like a crackling fire(C) consuming stubble,
like a mighty army drawn up for battle.

6 At the sight of them, nations are in anguish;(D)
every face turns pale.(
E)
7 They charge like warriors;(F)
they scale walls like soldiers.
They all march in line,(G)
not swerving(H) from their course.
8 They do not jostle each other;

each marches straight ahead.
They plunge through defenses
without breaking ranks.
9 They rush upon the city;
they run along the wall.
They climb into the houses;(I)
like thieves they enter through the windows.(J)

the heavens tremble,(L)
Sounds like world war z zombies...check out zech14:12-13 sounds like a bio weapon that turns them into a zombie