Does Joel 2:4 - 10 reference a zombie army.

Maldarker

Star
BTW the fallen angels are not the nephilim they spawned them
@seekinheart

I haven't twisted that you've compltely made up the fact that zombies are written of in the the Word of God.

Was I wrong to think as they are portrayed in the movies (that you mentioned) they are in between life and death? Well there is no such thing in the Bible. One is either alive or dead as I showed you from actual scripture.

That is not a possibility in the Bible. There is no such thing as a zombie like mindset.

No, because there are no zombie like people in the Bible. Therefore they don't or won't exist in real life since the author of the Bible, God, is the same one who created life, death and us.

Those who accept the mark of the beast will make a conscious/spiritual decision in their foreheads/minds not to follow God. They will be of sound mind and not have zombie like minds. They will be judged as so according to the Bible. The Bible tells us every knee shall bow to Christ and every tongue will confess that He is Lord (Romans 14:11, Philipians 2:9-11). This includes the wicked of all ages including those who accepted the mark of the beast. They will all be of completely sound minds and when they go to hell they will understand it was their sins that got them there.

God's people are going to face duress (the tribulation) because of their choice not to get the mark of the beast. They are going to be persecuted, they won't be able to buy or sell and they will face the death penalty. Those who choose the mark of the beast will be fine at first but later will face duress because of their choices. We know there are going to be plagues that will affect only the wicked and not God's people.

You know that's not true. I am telling you what the actual scriptures say, not what I think. its one the reasons I post a lot of scripture.

The Pharisees and Sadducees were close minded on actual biblical truth about Christ. They rejected everything the Bible prophesied and said about the Messiah because Christ did not fit into their man made beliefs about what the Messiah was and what He would do when He came on earth. They thought the Messiah was going to rule on earth and save them from the Romans who ruled over them at the time. But Jesus told them His Kingdom was not of this world.

Lets not do the same as Christians. Lets not reject the Word of God and even make things up that are not written of in the Bible.
LOL you just answered my statement with the same statement. @seekinheart isn't rejecting God's Word he asking questions and you are quick to say that's all symbolic hmm idk from what we see prophetic is uttered then it happens so its going to happen as seen GOD speaks it happens period.

phipps

Star
@Maldarker
BTW the fallen angels are not the nephilim they spawned them
Fallen angels cannot spawn anything between themselves or with people. Angels good and evil do not procreate. They are not human nor have human DNA that can procreate a living being. That is what I meant. To say different is to be speaking against God's Word. That is what you have been doing this whole time with this zombie satanic doctrine. Nephilim were people like you and I and those who suggest otherwise have/had to go outside of the Bible to the book of Enoch that is not part of God's Word for a good reason.

LOL you just answered my statement with the same statement. @seekinheart isn't rejecting God's Word he asking questions and you are quick to say that's all symbolic hmm idk from what we see prophetic is uttered then it happens so its going to happen as seen GOD speaks it happens period.
[/QUOTE]
Read chapter 9 of Revelation and tell me what you you think is literal and isn't. Lets quote verses 1-10 shall we, "And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months." Do you think this is all literal? Just because you can't tell the difference between literal and symbolic language in the Bible doesn't make you right. It means you don't know and that is okay but don't think you can put your own twist on the Word of God.

Where in the Bible are zombies written of? Half dead people are not written of in the Bible especially if you understood what the Bible says about death. So I'm not rejecting God's Word, I'm rejecting yours and @seekinheart's.

You are both wrong on this subject no matter which way you look at it.

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
There's alot of other scholars that beg to differ on the fallen angels creating nephilim but i guess what ever. Guess jonah never was in the whale either just another symbolic not literal meaning. K

Never said zombie but those not sealed will pray for death but not receive it hmm... again the scripture says... And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Btw the book of Enoch is referenced in peters epistle.

Book of Enoch shows the fallen angels at least mingled with the DNA of women

phipps

Star
Ur being petty now if u don't want to talk about this subject just leave the thread stop derailing
I don't think so. I have not derailed once in my conversation with you. This is about zombies is it not?

Last edited:

phipps

Star
@Maldarker
There's alot of other scholars that beg to differ on the fallen angels creating nephilim but i guess what ever. Guess jonah never was in the whale either just another symbolic not literal meaning. K
They can disagree all they want but as a biblical Christian I want them to prove from God's Word where it says nephilim are half angels, half human and to prove how angels can procreate with humans. God's is more important than what scholars think. Jonah in the whale of the belly is not symbolic, its literal.

Read chapter 9 of Revelation and tell me what you you think is literal and isn't. Lets quote verses 1-10 shall we, "And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months." Do you think this is all literal? I had just edited my post to add this.

Never said zombie but those not sealed will pray for death but not receive it hmm... again the scripture says... And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
So you weren't being open minded about the zombies even though there is nothing about them in the Bible?

Last edited:

phipps

Star
@seekinheart
Btw the book of Enoch is referenced in peters epistle.
It is not. The book of Enoch that is part of apocryphal books is not what Peter quoted.

[/QUOTE]
The book of Enoch is full of deception and that includes false information about the nephilim. There is a reason why its not in the Bible. Its not inspired by God. Even the early Church believed the apocryphal books to be fraudulent.

Last edited:
@Maldarker

They can disagree all they want but as a biblical Christian I want them to prove from God's Word where it says nephilim are half angels, half human and to prove how angels can procreate with humans. God's is more important than what scholars think. Jonah in the whale of the belly is not symbolic its literal.

Read chapter 9 of Revelation and tell me what you you think is literal and isn't. Lets quote verses 1-10 shall we, "And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them. And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months." Do you think this is all literal? I had just edited my post to add this.

So you weren't being open minded about the zombies?
[/QUOTE]

How do u explain the elongated skulls and giant corpses in ur eyes then ? That's something God left out where did giants come from?

Maldarker

Star
@Maldarker

They can disagree all they want but as a biblical Christian I want them to prove from God's Word where it says nephilim are half angels, half human and to prove how angels can procreate with humans. God's is more important than what scholars think. Jonah in the whale of the belly is not symbolic its literal.

So you weren't being open minded about the zombies?
[/QUOTE]
??? WHAT???

@seekinheart

It is not. The book of Enoch that is part of apocryphal books is not what Peter quoted.

The book of Enoch is full of deception and that includes about the nephilim. There is a reason why its not in the Bible. its not inspired by God. Even the early Church believed the apocryphal books to be fraudulent.
[/QUOTE]

Peter

2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued righteous Lot, greatly distressed by the sensual conduct of the wicked 8(for as that righteous man lived among them day after day, he was tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard); 9then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment, 10and especially those who indulge in the lust of defiling passion and despise authority. – 2 Peter 2:4-10a ESV

phipps

Star
@seekinheart,

How do u explain the elongated skulls and giant corpses in ur eyes then ? That's something God left out where did giants come from?
What about the star that fell from heaven to the earth, the bottomless pit, smoke that arose out the pit. The sun being darkened, locusts upon the earth, the scorpions of the earth, locust that are like horses, five months etc. Why do you pick and choose for me to explain only what one part of symbology you think agrees with your false beliefs?

Last edited:
@seekinheart

The book of Enoch is full of deception and that includes about the nephilim. There is a reason why its not in the Bible. its not inspired by God. Even the early Church believed the apocryphal books to be fraudulent.
[/QUOTE]

From jude
It was also about these that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, “See, the Lord is coming with ten thousands of his holy ones, to execute judgment on all, and to convict everyone of all the deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

It’s pretty clear from this that the writer of the Epistle of Jude claimed to be quoting a very specific individual: the seventh from Adam. Who is this? We find him mentioned in the early chapters of Genesis:

Ge 5:18-24 When Jared had lived one hundred sixty-two years he became the father of Enoch. Jared lived after the birth of Enoch eight hundred years, and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty-two years; and he died. When Enoch had lived sixty-five years, he became the father of Methuselah. Enoch walked with God after the birth of Methuselah three hundred years, and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty-five years. Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him.

This is from the genealogy from Adam to Noah found in Genesis 5. A summary of the generations is: Adam (1) → Seth (2)→ Enosh (3)→ Kenan (4) → Mahalalel (5)→ Jared (6)→ Enoch (7). There he is – the seventh from Adam.

So, Jude is apparently quoting from someone who lived several thousand years before him.

However, as already mentioned, it’s said that instead of quoting Enoch-the-seventh-from-Adam, Jude is actually quoting from the Book of Enoch. Here’s the section from the book of Enoch that is said to be quoted by Jude:

1 Enoch 1:91 Behold, he comes with the myriads of his holy ones, to execute judgment on all, and to destroy all the wicked, and to convict all flesh for all the wicked deeds that they have done, and the proud and hard words that wicked sinners spoke against him.

That’s pretty much spot on. There’s just no getting around it – the text is very, very similar indeed. To say that one isn’t quoting the other is a real stretch.

It’s the standard view on these verses from Jude. Here are a few well known commentaries that make the point:

The longest and only unambiguous quotation in the Epistle of Jude is not from an OT book but rather from 1 Enoch.2

Jude now confirms this final analysis of his opponents with a prophecy of inescapable judgment, the judgment which will accompany the return of Christ. He quotes 1 Enoch (i. 9) to emphasize his point.3

Scholars agree that Jude cites 1 Enoch in vv 14–15.4

phipps

Star
BTW Jesus & Paul both referenced enoch so yeah.
Prove it. Show me from the book of Enoch where they quoted and what they said too. Let the Bible speak. Of course the book of Enoch is not the Bible lets not forget.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
@seekinheart
From jude
It was also about these that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, “See, the Lord is coming with ten thousands of his holy ones, to execute judgment on all, and to convict everyone of all the deeds of ungodliness that they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”

It’s pretty clear from this that the writer of the Epistle of Jude claimed to be quoting a very specific individual: the seventh from Adam. Who is this? We find him mentioned in the early chapters of Genesis:

Ge 5:18-24 When Jared had lived one hundred sixty-two years he became the father of Enoch. Jared lived after the birth of Enoch eight hundred years, and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty-two years; and he died. When Enoch had lived sixty-five years, he became the father of Methuselah. Enoch walked with God after the birth of Methuselah three hundred years, and had other sons and daughters. Thus all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty-five years. Enoch walked with God; then he was no more, because God took him.

This is from the genealogy from Adam to Noah found in Genesis 5. A summary of the generations is: Adam (1) → Seth (2)→ Enosh (3)→ Kenan (4) → Mahalalel (5)→ Jared (6)→ Enoch (7). There he is – the seventh from Adam.

So, Jude is apparently quoting from someone who lived several thousand years before him.

However, as already mentioned, it’s said that instead of quoting Enoch-the-seventh-from-Adam, Jude is actually quoting from the Book of Enoch. Here’s the section from the book of Enoch that is said to be quoted by Jude:

1 Enoch 1:91 Behold, he comes with the myriads of his holy ones, to execute judgment on all, and to destroy all the wicked, and to convict all flesh for all the wicked deeds that they have done, and the proud and hard words that wicked sinners spoke against him.

That’s pretty much spot on. There’s just no getting around it – the text is very, very similar indeed. To say that one isn’t quoting the other is a real stretch.

It’s the standard view on these verses from Jude. Here are a few well known commentaries that make the point:

The longest and only unambiguous quotation in the Epistle of Jude is not from an OT book but rather from 1 Enoch.2

Jude now confirms this final analysis of his opponents with a prophecy of inescapable judgment, the judgment which will accompany the return of Christ. He quotes 1 Enoch (i. 9) to emphasize his point.3

Scholars agree that Jude cites 1 Enoch in vv 14–15.4
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but this doesn't prove anything. I have read snippets of the book of Enoch and its full of deception. Biblically you cannot mix truth and lies. Its either all true or all lies and the book of Enoch is all lies. Are you going to dismiss all lies in the book of Enoch and just pick what agreees with the Bible?

I'm sorry but this doesn't prove anything. I have read snippets of the book of Enoch and its full of deception. Biblically you cannot mix truth and lies. Its either all true or all lies and the book of Enoch is all lies. Are you going to dismiss all lies in the book of Enoch and just pick what agreees with the Bible?
[/QUOTE]

The book of Enoch was in the dead sea Scrolls the deception is that it was left out of the Bible. They didn't want u to know it was present in Ethiopian Bible's and no doubt was read in scripture in Jesus day.

I'd guess it was left out when augustin decided to interpret bena elohim as just normal sons of God

Pretty easy to knock this argument on the head: the book of Enoch is included in the Dead Sea Scrolls, the vast bulk of which predate any New Testament writings. Fragments containing the citations from the Book of Enoch above are designated 4Q201 and 4Q204. Here’s a translation of the scrolls5:

4Q201 Frag. 1 Col. 1:

1[… visio]n of Enoch to [the] cho[sen …]
2[… he took up] his discourse [and s]aid […]
3[…] and from the words of [the Watchers] and all the holy ones […]
4[… Not for thi]s generation but for a [di]stant gene[ration] do I spe[ak …]
5[The] Holy [G]reat One will come out of [his dwelling …]
6[…] the [Gr]eat One, and he will shine [in the strength of his] might […]
7[… end]s of the earth, and [a]ll the end[s of the earth] shall qu[ake …]
8[…] hills […]

4Q204 Frag. 1 Col. 1

15[… he will come with myri[ads of his] holy ones […]
16[… to judge all f]lesh for [their] works [of …]
17[…] great and harsh […]

Here’s a picture of some of 4Q201 that’s been digitised as part of the Leon Levy Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library:

Taken from here
So, when is this scroll dated to? It’s from the Hasmonean period. When was that? The Hasmonean period was over decades before Jesus was even born, never mind before the Epistle of Jude was written.

Evidently then, the book of Enoch predates the Epistle of Jude. It cannot be claimed that the Book of Enoch quotes the Epistle of Jude – it was written before Jude and we have a copy in the Dead Sea Scrolls to prove the point.

So, what can we learn from all this? A couple of things.

Firstly, yes the Bible does quote external sources authoritatively. If you’re a Christian then you need to work this fact into your model of Biblical Inspiration.