Does Jesus qualify as an idol?

TokiEl

Superstar
If Jesus is not God then He would qualify as an idol.

Those who are perishing... do not know who God is.

The world's most well known secret... Jesus Christ is God.

Aero

Superstar
In simple terms, yes Jesus is an idol. But I think belief in an idol is highly subjective. Like a symbol can end up meaning so many different things to people. Typically Jesus role has been clearly defined as the savior or son though. Plus I think it's kind of logical for humans to worship a savior.

Maybe a thought experiment will better explain my rationale. So imagine yourselves lost in some underground cave system. Your flashlight died forever ago and you are out of water or something. Basically you are past the point of feeling a sense of imminent doom. And just when you reach the deepest pit of hopelessness I show up with a torch as bright as the sun. You are lead out of the cave and replenished within minutes. In that brief moment, I am your GOD.

The reality of the above story is I represent an instrument of God, but it's like I was saying before. The subjectivity of symbols can be convincing enough where you aren't wrong to worship. In fact, not worshipping would be denying a power that cannot be bought, stolen or imitated.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

As an idol is an object less than God who is worshipped, The OP would only have traction if Jesus were anything less than fully God.

Turning the question about, are not the most foolish idolaters those who put self on the throne and embrace “Christ Consciousness?”. We should be in a position to realise we are NOT the most high, being conscious of our own shortcomings.

The OP would only have traction if Jesus were anything less than fully God.
A man cannot be "fully God", unless you're an atheist.....

Turning the question about, are not the most foolish idolaters those who put self on the throne and embrace “Christ Consciousness?”.
Completely different theology, also does not presuppose the same association with the word "Christ" that you do in your theology.
Also, define "Self".

Good, because Jesus says we are all gods. That is why we are all to love each other.

Tell all your genocidal god loving friends your view. They will see that they are following Satan.

What do you hear when this guy speaks? Truth or lies?

Regards
DL

Plus I think it's kind of logical for humans to worship a savior.
If they have been condemned, sure, but that condemnation is unjust from the start.
Justify god's condemnation if you can.

You are promoting an inferiority complex instead of a healthy confidence in who we are.

You seem to think a genocidal god is a good guide to the best rules and laws to live by.

Think again for the first time.

Try to justify Yahweh's many murders, --- if you can.

Regards
DL

As an idol is an object less than God who is worshipped, The OP would only have traction if Jesus were anything less than fully God.

Turning the question about, are not the most foolish idolaters those who put self on the throne and embrace “Christ Consciousness?”. We should be in a position to realise we are NOT the most high, being conscious of our own shortcomings.
True, to a point that should shame you, as you follow a satanic god.

Strange that you dislike the Christ consciousness that Jesus preached for.

Not too surprising given how most Christians just give Jesus lip service.

Regards
DL

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
True, to a point that should shame you, as you follow a satanic god.

Strange that you dislike the Christ consciousness that Jesus preached for.

Not too surprising given how most Christians just give Jesus lip service.

Regards
DL
A satanic god would be... Satan!

Jesus didn’t preach “Christ Consciousness” unless watch too much Oprah.

Via a forum, it is difficult to ascertain which Christians pay lip service and which ones are genuine.

A satanic god would be... Satan!

Jesus didn’t preach “Christ Consciousness” unless watch too much Oprah.

Via a forum, it is difficult to ascertain which Christians pay lip service and which ones are genuine.
True, given that Christians are known for their hypocrisy and lies.

As to Jesus preaching for the Christ consciousness, is that not what he is doing with these?

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Regards
DL

TokiEl

Superstar

Right human beings ought to be humble... but for some reason as carnal nature many are not.

TokiEl

Superstar
Good, because Jesus says we are all gods. That is why we are all to love each other.
There are angels and they are gods. And man is made in God's image with His spirit. And correct we are all to love each other.

Tell all your genocidal god loving friends your view. They will see that they are following Satan.
Reality is that we do not all love each other and so God has an impeccable track record of punishing those who are lacking in love...

What do you hear when this guy speaks? Truth or lies?
I just have to look at the guy to know he is up to no good.

There are angels and they are gods. And man is made in God's image with His spirit. And correct we are all to love each other.

Reality is that we do not all love each other and so God has an impeccable track record of punishing those who are lacking in love...

I just have to look at the guy to know he is up to no good.
IOW, you kill the messenger because you do not like the message.

You talk of reality while believing in angels and demons and a genocidal prick of a god.

Give reality a sane look and come back and chat like an adult who has put away the things of children.

All your supernatural foolish thinking.

Regards
DL