Does God Love Unconditionally?

Lisa

Superstar
Talking to someone and loving them are entirely different things....
He was trying to say I only love those who agree with me..I was showing telling him that I still talk to everyone who disagrees with me.

But do you want your brother to stop taking your video games? I think unconditional love means that you wouldn’t care if he took your video games at all, you wouldn’t get mad about it, if he never gave them back, that’s ok too.
Getting angry and loving someone... there's a difference. Like he's your brother, he makes mistakes too so if he stole your belongings, it's human to get mad, of course, but wouldn't you still love him at the end of the day?

Todd

Star
Getting angry and loving someone... there's a difference. Like he's your brother, he makes mistakes too so if he stole your belongings, it's human to get mad, of course, but wouldn't you still love him at the end of the day?
Clearly Lisa could only love him if he repented, otherwise she would make herself out to be greater than God, because apparently God only loves us when we repent. (Yes that was sarcasm if you couldn't figure that out)

Lisa

Superstar
Sure, you would, but do you think that for it to be unconditional love you wouldn’t get mad at all? Unconditional love means that there is no condition to the love. For the relationship to continue he would have to say he’s sorry and you forgive him or you just forgive him anyway..something has to be done to continue the relationship in a loving way, don’t ya think?

I’m just going to try to point this out...

MK mind control is often done against a persons will, it is not the same as voluntarily selling your soul
I didn't say it was the same as selling your soul, I said it's the same as getting the beast. Do you ever notice in music videos.. like Katy Perry's music video where she was acting as a robot?? I don't know what it's called but we are in the times of "Do what thou wilt, love is the law" All you see is love this, love that, but NOT love God. So in her video, Katy was a robot and she was under mind control. That's exactly what will most likely happen when you get that blasted mark. You'll be able to buy or sell, just when you volunteer to give up your soul, and your handlers unexpectedly puts you under mind control, but you'll be able to be as famous and rich as you want. Do you see the similarities? Sell your soul, get money. Get the mark, be able to buy and sell. Don't sell your soul, you can still be rich but not as rich as celebrities. Don't get the mark, you can't buy or sell.

justjess

Superstar
He was trying to say I only love those who agree with me..I was showing telling him that I still talk to everyone who disagrees with me.
You used as proof that you don’t only think love is for people who believe exactly like you do that you TALK TO PEOPLE who you disagree with. Talking to someone isn’t loving someone. You seem entirely confused about what love is and I can’t help you with that. All I can do is hope someone opens your heart like the grinch or Scrooge or something... and that might tempt me to pray for you because that is the saddest thing I’ve ever encountered in this world.

Lisa

Superstar
Clearly Lisa could only love him if he repented, otherwise she would make herself out to be greater than God, because apparently God only loves us when we repent. (Yes that was sarcasm if you couldn't figure that out)
Its hard to figure out sarcasm on a computer screen without someone pointing it out. I admit I don’t love unconditionally. I love people but there is a condition to it. God loves us but we can only have a relationship when we repent..we can only continue a love relationship when we repent. So then there is a condition on the love.

justjess

Superstar
I didn't say it was the same as selling your soul, I said it's the same as getting the beast. Do you ever notice in music videos.. like Katy Perry's music video where she was acting as a robot?? I don't know what it's called but we are in the times of "Do what thou wilt, love is the law" All you see is love this, love that, but NOT love God. So in her video, Katy was a robot and she was under mind control. That's exactly what will most likely happen when you get that blasted mark. You'll be able to buy or sell, just when you volunteer to give up your soul, and your handlers unexpectedly puts you under mind control, but you'll be able to be as famous and rich as you want. Do you see the similarities? Sell your soul, get money. Get the mark, be able to buy and sell. Don't sell your soul, you can still be rich but not as rich as celebrities. Don't get the mark, you can't buy or sell.
Most of these people you are mentioning - if they are mind controlled - had no choice in the matter, it was done when they were children at the command of someone else. That shouldn’t disqualify them from heaven and they shouldn’t be held accountable for that.

You're kind of right. But it's okay to get mad because it doesn't have to do with loving one another. We all get mad at each other in life right? But don't we later realise our mistakes and continue loving each other regardless? Like with my dad, he likes to assume stuff about me and I get mad at him for doing so. But hours later, I'm like "He's still my dad. I still love him", and he NEVER apologizes to me and yet I still love him.
Sure, you would, but do you think that for it to be unconditional love you wouldn’t get mad at all? Unconditional love means that there is no condition to the love. For the relationship to continue he would have to say he’s sorry and you forgive him or you just forgive him anyway..something has to be done to continue the relationship in a loving way, don’t ya think?

Todd

Star
Most of these people you are mentioning - if they are mind controlled - had no choice in the matter, it was done when they were children at the command of someone else. That shouldn’t disqualify them from heaven and they shouldn’t be held accountable for that.
Agreed...another good example of @Colonel Valerio 's point that there is no way a moral God could allow a child to grow up in a hopeless situation like that and then damn them to eternal suffering.

But they still volunteered to give up their own soul to work for satan. I'm saying if you work for him but you DON'T sell your soul, you still have a chance. However if you DO sell your soul, that's you're fault and I personally don't think you can repent anymore. You gave your very being away. And they know that they're under mind control when later on they realize their sayings and actions didn't truly come to them. Since they also get demonically possessed sometimes, they would know LATER they were under mind control, but you're right when you said they don't know they're under it at the very moment it starts.

Lisa

Superstar
You're kind of right. But it's okay to get mad because it doesn't have to do with loving one another. We all get mad at each other in life right? But don't we later realise our mistakes and continue loving each other regardless? Like with my dad, he likes to assume stuff about me and I get mad at him for doing so. But hours later, I'm like "He's still my dad. I still love him", and he NEVER apologizes to me and yet I still love him.
Yep, we all get mad at each other in life and sometimes people don’t realize their mistakes and love you back.

I understand about loving people who don’t apologize to you, especially a parent who does that.

Lisa

Superstar
Agreed...another good example of @Colonel Valerio 's point that there is no way a moral God could allow a child to grow up in a hopeless situation like that and then damn them to eternal suffering.
People do have free will Todd and that’s why there is so much suffering, not that God likes to see that. And, I don’t think all cases are hopeless, God sent Jesus for everyone.

Todd

Star
People do have free will Todd and that’s why there is so much suffering, not that God likes to see that. And, I don’t think all cases are hopeless, God sent Jesus for everyone.
There is no such thing as free will. Whenever I choose to follow my own will there is always a cost...it's never free!
Yes God sent Jesus for everyone Which is exactly my point. Everyone will be reconciled to God in the ages to come, even if they did not believe in this lifetime. God will overcome every hopeless situation. Now your talking!

elsbet

Superstar
Sure, you’d still love them but doesn’t being pissed at them and majorly disappointed mean you don’t love them unconditionally? If you love them unconditionally then there is nothing they can do that will make you mad or disappointed in them. That would be true unconditional love.
False.

The love a parent has for a child is the closest thing to supernatural love we can experience, as humans. It defies logic, and it is hardwired into most (certainly not all) parents.

Lisa

Superstar
There is no such thing as free will. Whenever I choose to follow my own will there is always a cost...it's never free!
Yes God sent Jesus for everyone Which is exactly my point. Everyone will be reconciled to God in the ages to come, even if they did not believe in this lifetime. God will overcome every hopeless situation. Now your talking!
You still can pick to do your own thing and not everything someone chooses is a bad thing...

No, not everyone will be reconciled, many people will die in their sins. They have to decide in this lifetime they don’t get a second shot at it.

God does not say He will overcome every hopeless situation. But He is a God of hope because of Jesus, Jesus can save a soul deep in sin, so life isn’t hopeless that way.

Lisa

Superstar
False.

The love a parent has for a child is the closest thing to supernatural love we can experience, as humans. It defies logic, and it is hardwired into most (certainly not all) parents.
There’s been a lot of stories in the news of parents doing horrific things to their own children, so that supernatural love of a parent for a child is weakening. As I suspect that they can’t love unconditionally either but they don’t bother to pretend they do.

What does unconditional love mean to you then?

Yes, and again I would like to draw attention to isolated people. Some believe that once every person on Earth hears the Gospel then the world ends. Well I have to say there are still isolated tribes of people that will never hear it. Even if some missionary makes it there they will never be able to understand it to a point where rejecting it could be considered their fault.

If God is going to torture those people for eternity , or indeed even if he annihilates them, he is evil.