Does God have a Church?

True, whenever I talk about the church I mean people who believe, obey and completely submit themselves to Christ. The Bible says, we are the living stones built upon the foundation and the cornerstone of Jesus (Ephesians 2:19-22, 1 Corinthians 3:11). The Church built upon Christ will never fail because it rests on a sure foundation.
It doesny matter should they/anyone believe or no.

Should a human being is alive and breathing TheCreator's, TheDivine's Spirit is still dwelling in that Human's Heart.

IMHO, the more significant question is are you/we able to see TheCreator inside ALL living/breathing Human Beings?

#The body without the Spirit is dead.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
@HansConsciousness

It doesny matter should they/anyone believe or no.
It matters according to God and His Word, the Bible and I believe that too. We have to believe to be part of God's church and to be saved.

Should a human being is alive and breathing TheCreator's, TheDivine's Spirit is still dwelling in that Human's Heart.
Not according to the Bible. We have all got to choose for God to come into our lives and dwell in our hearts. God created all mankind with free will so we have to choose to worship Him voluntarily.

IMHO, the more significant question is are you/we able to see TheCreator inside ALL living/breathing Human Beings?
The Bible tells us God created us in His image and so there are elements of God in all of us but when we choose to worship Christ and accept Him as our personal Saviour the Bible tells us Jesus imparts His righteousness to us and we grow in Him, we become more and more obedient, we sin less and less and become more and more like Him.

#The body without the Spirit is dead.
When the Bible talks about the body without the spirit it means that our physical bodies without the breath of life are dead. For example Genesis 2:7 says, "The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” So we need two things to become living souls (living beings), our physical bodies plus breath. A living soul cannot exist unless body and breath are combined. The book of Job says, "The spirit of God is in my nostrils” (Job 27:3).

Its not talking about the Holy Spirit. We all can reject the Spirit of God and biblically God has taken away His spirit from people who have rejected Him.

Last edited:

@HansConsciousness

The Bible tells us God created us in His image and so there are elements of God in all of us but when we choose to worship Christ and accept Him as our personal Saviour the Bible tells us Jesus imparts His righteousness to us and we grow in Him, we become more and more obedient, we sin less and less and become more and more like Him.
With all due respect, post perusal of your kind response, I didn't find a genuine answer to my above-mentioned question.

You see, should a Christian isn't able to see TheHeavenlyFather in all it's creation including ALL living/breathing human beings then that Christian is a part of the problem instead of a solution, maybe?

Similarly, should a Muslim isn't able to see Allah in all it's creation including ALL living/breathing human beings then that Muslim is a part of the problem instead of a solution, maybe?

[And so on with other religions...]

I am just saying. No pressure!

phipps

Star
@HansConsciousness

With all due respect, post perusal of your kind response, I didn't find a genuine answer to my above-mentioned question.
You mean you didn't get the answer you wanted. Because my answer was genuine.

You see, should a Christian isn't able to see TheHeavenlyFather in all it's creation including ALL living/breathing human beings then that Christian is a part of the problem instead of a solution, maybe?
Creation and nature is a reminder of God, but remember you asked your question after having said "Should a human being is alive and breathing TheCreator's, TheDivine's Spirit is still dwelling in that Human's Heart." My answer was part of what you were saying about God's Spirit. And I don't understand what problem you're talking about. Maybe you could tell me what this problem is.

Similarly, should a Muslim isn't able to see Allah in all it's creation including ALL living/breathing human beings then that Muslim is a part of the problem instead of a solution, maybe?

[And so on with other religions...]
Don't know what you're talking about.

I am just saying. No pressure!
Okay?!

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Satan's Accusation

Satan declared to the universe that God’s law was unfair, unjust and impossible to keep. His goal was and still is to overthrow God’s law. Hence, the great controversy between God and Satan is over God’s law.

In the Garden of Eden Adam and Eve broke God’s law when they disobeyed His command taking the forbidden fruit by believing Satan’s accusation that God’s command was unfair and unjust; that God was keeping something good from them. As a result they broke their pure and sinless relationship with God, feared Him and tried to hide themselves from Him (Genesis 3:9-10). Falling out of harmony with God Adam and his descendants came into harmony with Satan and his rebellious attitude toward God and His law. Paul clearly states the condition of fallen man when he wrote, “Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be” (Romans 8:7). Soon after Adam sinned God promised to provide a Saviour when He said to Satan, “And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel” (Genesis 3:15). God promised to make a way through Jesus Christ to bring man back in harmony with Himself and His law.

“Satan represents God's law of love as a law of selfishness. He declares that it is impossible for us to obey its precepts.” Desire of Ages, p.24

“From the very beginning of the great controversy in Heaven, it has been Satan's purpose to overthrow the law of God. It was to accomplish this that he entered upon his rebellion against the Creator; and though he was cast out of Heaven, he has continued the same warfare upon the earth.” The Great Controversy, p.582

phipps

Star
Christ Vindicated God and Proved Satan Wrong

Because of Satan’s accusations Jesus came to planet earth as a human being to prove his accusations wrong. Jesus perfectly kept God’s law; obeying from the heart every precept. Jesus did not sin in thought, word or action.

“For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously” (1 Peter 2:21-23).

Christ proved Satan wrong in his lying claim that God’s law cannot be kept. However, Christ did even more than vindicating God’s law in His life. He also provided for God’s people a “righteousness, sanctification and redemption,” (1 Corinthians 1:30) which could be theirs through faith.

God Uses His Church to Vindicate God and Prove Satan Wrong

It was/is through the church that God purposed to prove Satan’s accusations about God’s law wrong. It was through Christ that this purpose was to be fulfilled and manifest in the church. It is through the church that God and His law are to be vindicated as God’s people by faith allow Christ to live out His perfect obedience to God’s law in and through them.

There are many Christians today who say it is impossible to live a victorious life over sin. They don’t realize it, but they are actually agreeing with Satan and imputing to God injustice and falsehood.

As long as many Christians including those who purport to be part of God's true church, have the attitude that living a victorious life over sin is not possible the latter rain will not fall, the full gospel of deliverance from all sin will not be proclaimed and Jesus will not come.

I pray we will say “NO” to Satan’s lies about God and His law. I pray we will allow God to vindicate Himself through us and His church.

“The Lord desires through His people to answer Satan's charges by showing the results of obedience to right principles.” Christ’s Object Lessons, p. 296.

“The very image of God is to be reproduced in humanity. The honour of God, the honour of Christ, is involved in the perfection of the character of His people.” Desire of Ages, p. 671

This is the reason the latter rain has not fallen and Christ has not returned! The church has failed to “make known” the wisdom of God; to fully manifest Christ’s righteousness, sanctification and redemption. She has not yielded herself to Christ to the fullest extent so that Christ alone is seen in the church. When Christ is fully seen 100% in His church then the latter rain will fall and Jesus will return.

Paul referred to this full sanctifying experience in Jesus Christ when he wrote, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).

When the church experiences to the fullest what Paul describes as his experience she will have then fulfilled her purpose for which she was called, the latter rain will fall and Christ will return without delay.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The Mystery of God

In the book of Revelation, the apostle John tells us that the last work God will do in His church is to finish the “mystery of God", "but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets” (Revelation 10:7).

Since finishing the mystery of God is God’s last work in this earth it is important we understand what the mystery of God is. Paul tell us,

“of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God, the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:25-27).

According to Paul, the mystery of God is “Christ in you,” and is our only hope of glory; of glorifying God by reflecting the character of Christ (Christ’s obedience to God’s law) by which the earth will be enlightened with the glory (character) of God (Revelation 18:1). Hence the mystery of God must be finished before Jesus returns. This mystery of God is the gospel of Jesus Christ; a gospel of deliverance from sin.

The “mystery of God” is the “wisdom of God” and is revealed in Jesus Christ; Christ’s perfect obedience to God’s law. In short, the wisdom and mystery of God is the gospel of Jesus Christ. That is why Paul wrote, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith” (Romans 1:16-17). You see, the mystery of God, the wisdom of God and the gospel of Jesus Christ is the means God has provided for our salvation; our deliverance from sin. The justification God provided in Christ frees us from the guilt and penalty of sin, which is death and covers us with Christ’s imputed righteousness. The sanctification God provides in Christ frees us from the power of sin to rule in our life. For we have been sanctified or set aside by God for good works, “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (Ephesians 2:10). These good works are works of faithful obedience to God’s law.

This is why Paul over and over again in his letter to the churches is constantly instructing them to be like Christ; to let Christ manifest Himself in and through them.

“that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness” (Ephesians 4:22-24).

“But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts” (Romans 13:14).

This was the burden of Paul’s concern for the church; that Christ be seen in their lives. Why was this a passion for Paul? It was because he knew that this was the purpose for which God called the church into existence and that it was the only way she could fulfill her mission.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
The Woman/Bride Symbolizes the Church

The Bible says there is one body, or church, into which Jesus calls His end-time people—the bride of Christ. To some, this is unnerving, as there are thousands of churches today that call themselves Christian. Virtually every one of them claims to be God’s church, yet they each differ widely in biblical interpretation, faith, and practice. It’s quite impossible for an honest seeker of truth to investigate the claims of each one. However, we can be thankful that Jesus has solved this dilemma for us by describing His church in such detail that you can easily identify it!

Revelation 12 is basically the narrative account of a beautiful, sun-clad woman and her descendants. “And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars” (Revelation 12:1).

Here we are introduced to one of the most familiar symbols in the Bible. In both the Old and the New Testaments, God represents His people by a woman. As the bridegroom, He is married to the church. Paul wrote to the Corinthians, “I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ” (2 Corinthians 11:2).

All through the Bible we can follow the record of this symbolism. God said in the Old Testament, “I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman” (Jeremiah 6:2). And again, “Say unto Zion, Thou art my people” (Isaiah 51:16). The church is called Zion and God compares it with a beautiful woman. In the Old Testament, Israel was the chosen people so often portrayed as being married to God.

In the New Testament, the true Israel of God is no longer a nation but a church composed of Jews and Gentiles who receive Christ as their Saviour. Therefore, the woman of Revelation 12 flashes us the picture-story of the church at the time of Christ. The clothing of sunlight typifies the glorious New Covenant of grace, and the twelve stars represent the twelve apostles. The moon under her feet indicates the fading glory of the Old Covenant in the presence of the true Lamb of God.

phipps

Star
In Revelation 12:1, Jesus symbolizes His church as a woman “clothed with the sun,” with “the moon under her feet,” and wearing “a crown of twelve stars.” What do these symbols mean?
The sun represents Jesus, His gospel, and His righteousness. “The Lord God is a sun” (Psalm 84:11). (See also Malachi 4:2). Without Jesus there is no salvation (Acts 4:12). More than anything else, Jesus wants His church to overflow with His presence and glory. “The moon under her feet” represents the sacrificial system of the Old Testament. As the moon reflects the light of the sun, so the sacrificial system was helpful spiritually only as it reflected light from the Messiah to come (Hebrews 10:1). The “crown of twelve stars” represents the work of the 12 disciples, which crowned the early years of the New Testament church.

Next, Revelation 12:1, 2, 5 states that the woman is in labor, about to deliver a baby who would one day rule all nations with a rod of iron. She then delivered the “male Child,” and later He was taken up to God’s throne in heaven. Who was this baby?
The baby was Jesus. He will one day rule all nations with a rod of iron (Revelation 19:13-15; Psalm 2:7-9; John 1:1-3, 14). Jesus, who was crucified for our sins, was raised from the dead and ascended to heaven (Acts 1:9-11). His resurrection power in our lives is one of Jesus’ essential gifts to His people (Philippians 3:10).

Revelation 12:3, 4 introduces “a great, fiery red dragon” who hated the “male Child” and tried to kill him at birth. Who was the dragon?
The dragon represents Satan, who was cast out of heaven (Revelation 12:7-9) and who was working through the pagan Roman Empire at the time of Jesus’ birth. The ruler who tried to kill Jesus at birth was Herod, a king under pagan Rome. He killed all the male babies of Bethlehem, hoping that one of them would be Jesus (Matthew 2:16).

phipps

Star
What did Satan do after he failed in his plan to destroy Jesus?
“He persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child” (Revelation 12:13).

Since he was no longer able to attack Jesus personally, he aimed his fury and persecution at God’s church and His people.

What did the woman (church) do to protect herself, and what is the “wilderness”?
"And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days. And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent" (Revelation 12:6, 14).

Verses 6 and 14 say, “The woman fled into the wilderness,” where she was protected for “a time and times and half a time” (or 1,260 literal years) from the wrath of Satan—who was working through papal Rome. The “two wings” represent the protection and support God gave the church during her time in the “wilderness” (Exodus 19:4; Deuteronomy 32:11). The time spent in the wilderness is the same 1,260-year period of papal prominence and persecution (AD 538 to 1798) that is repeatedly mentioned in Bible prophecy. Remember, one prophetic day equals one literal year (Ezekiel 4:6).

The term “wilderness” refers to the solitary places of earth (mountains, caves, forests, etc.) where God’s people could hide and escape total annihilation (Hebrews 11:37-38). And hide they did—the Waldenses, Albigenses, Huguenots, and many others. God’s people (His church) would have been obliterated if they had not fled and hid in the wilderness during this devastating persecution by the papacy. At least 50 million people died for their faith during this 1,260-year time period. From AD 538 to 1798, the church was alive but not identifiable as a denomination or organization. When it came out of hiding after the 1,260 years, it still had the same doctrine and characteristics as the apostolic church.

phipps

Star
In Revelation 12:17, God calls His end-time church the remnant (Kjv). What does the word “remnant” mean?
It means the last remaining portion. In reference to Jesus’ church, it means His church of the very last days, which is one based on all of Scripture, as was the apostolic church.

In Revelation 12:17, what additional two-point description did Jesus give of His end-time remnant church?
It would keep all the Ten Commandments, including the seventh-day Sabbath of the fourth commandment (John 14:15; Revelation 22:14). It also would have the “testimony of Jesus,” which the Bible tells us is the spirit of prophecy (Revelation 19:10).

It will keep God’s commandments, including His seventh-day Sabbath of the fourth commandment (which most of Christendom doesn't keep).

It will have the gift of prophecy.

Remember that while hosts of sincere Christians are found in churches that do not keep the Sabbath or have the gift of prophecy, these churches cannot be God’s remnant end-time church into which Jesus is calling last-day Christians because God’s end-time church will keep all of God’s commandments and have the gift of prophecy.

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star
In Revelation 12:17, God calls His end-time church the remnant (Kjv). What does the word “remnant” mean?
It means the last remaining portion. In reference to Jesus’ church, it means His church of the very last days, which is one based on all of Scripture, as was the apostolic church.

In Revelation 12:17, what additional two-point description did Jesus give of His end-time remnant church?
It would keep all the Ten Commandments, including the seventh-day Sabbath of the fourth commandment (John 14:15; Revelation 22:14). It also would have the “testimony of Jesus,” which the Bible tells us is the spirit of prophecy (Revelation 19:10).

It will keep God’s commandments, including His seventh-day Sabbath of the fourth commandment.

It will have the gift of prophecy.

Remember that while hosts of sincere Christians are found in churches that do not keep the Sabbath or have the gift of prophecy, these churches cannot be God’s remnant end-time church into which Jesus is calling last-day Christians because God’s end-time church will keep all of God’s commandments and have the gift of prophecy.
You do realize who that remnant is don't you? Hint its not you.

phipps

Star
What other two points of identification for God’s remnant church does the book of Revelation provide?

It will be a worldwide missionary church (Revelation 14:6).

It will be preaching the three angels’ messages of Revelation 14:6-14, which are briefly summarized below.

A. God’s judgment is in session. Worship Him! God’s end-time church must be preaching that the judgment began in heaven and is in session now. It also calls upon people to “worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water” (Revelation 14:7). How do we worship God as Creator? God wrote the answer in the fourth commandment. “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. ... For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it” (Exodus 20:8, 11). So, the first angel’s message commands all to worship God as Creator by keeping holy His seventh-day Sabbath, which He gave as a memorial of Creation.

B. Come out of the fallen churches of Babylon.

C. Don’t worship the beast or receive his mark, which is observing Sunday as a holy day in replacement of the true Sabbath. Beware of all counterfeits.

What should we do to find the true church of God?

The Bible tells us, “Seek, and you will find” (Matthew 7:7). Jesus promises that those who seek for heavenly things will find them.

phipps

Star
After one of Jesus’ children heeds His loving warning call and comes out of Babylon (Revelation 18:2, 4), what does Jesus ask him or her to do next?

“You were called in one body” (Colossians 3:15).

“He [Jesus] is the head of the body, the church” (Colossians 1:18).

The Bible says that God’s people are called into one body, the church. Jesus asks those who leave Babylon to join the remnant church—of which He is the head. Jesus said, “Other sheep I have which are not of this fold” (John 10:16). He also calls them “My people” in both the Old Testament (Isaiah 58:1) and the New Testament (Revelation 18:4). Of His sheep outside His fold (church), He says, “Them also I must bring, and they will hear my voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. ... My sheep hear my voice ... and they follow Me” (John 10:16, 27).

How does one enter that body, or church?

“By one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks” (1 Corinthians 12:13).

We enter Jesus’ end-time remnant church by baptism.

Does the Bible provide other evidence that Jesus has only one remnant church into which He is calling all of His people?

Yes—it does. Let’s review it:

A. The Bible says there is only one true body, or church (Ephesians 4:4; Colossians 1:18).

B. The Bible says our day is like Noah’s day (Luke 17:26-27). How many ways of escape were there in Noah’s day? Only one—the ark. Once again, today, God has provided a boat, the church, that will take His people safely through earth’s final events. Don’t miss this boat!

Maldarker

Star
Umm again the remanent that your talking about is 144,000 jewish converts during the tribulation period. 12k each tribe. Its not the SDA or the Uni's or the JW's

phipps

Star
What is the good news regarding God’s remnant church?

A. Its central theme is “the everlasting gospel”—that is, righteousness by faith in Jesus only (Revelation 14:6).

B. It is built on Jesus, the Rock (1 Corinthians 3:11; 10:4), and “the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it” (Matthew 16:18).

C. Jesus died for His church (Ephesians 5:25).

D. Jesus describes His remnant church so plainly that it’s easy to identify. He also describes the fallen churches and calls His people out of them. Satan will trap only those who keep their eyes and hearts shut to His loving call.

E. Its doctrines are all true (1 Timothy 3:15).

What is the good news regarding God’s remnant people?

They will:

A. Be saved in His heavenly kingdom (Revelation 15:2).

B. Overcome the devil by the “power” and “blood” of Jesus (Revelation 12:10-11).

C. Be patient (Revelation 14:12).

D. Have Jesus’ faith (Revelation 14:12).

E. Find glorious freedom (John 8:31-32).

Earth’s hour is very late. Jesus’ second coming immediately follows the giving of the three angels’ messages (Revelation 14:6-14). What is Jesus’ urgent plea now to His people?

“Come into the ark, you and all your household” (Genesis 7:1).

In Noah’s day, only eight people (including Noah) heeded God’s invitation. Jesus is waiting at the door of His end-time ark, the remnant church, for you.

phipps

Star
Is there really a serious danger that many professed Christian people will be caught off guard and lost when Jesus returns?

Yes. Jesus made that point crystal clear. He warned of several things that will trap and destroy Christians: (1) surfeiting (KJV), (2) drunkenness, (3) the cares of this life, and (4) sleeping (Luke 21:34; Mark 13:34-36).

A. Surfeiting is overdoing in anything—eating, working, reading, recreation, etc. It upsets balance and destroys clear thinking. It also precludes spending time with Jesus.

B. Drunkenness refers to things that bring on a stupor and give us a distaste for heavenly things. Examples include pornography, illicit sex, evil companions, neglect of Bible study and prayer, and avoiding church services. Such things cause people to live in a dream world and thus miss out.

C. Cares of this life destroy Christians who become so busy doing perfectly good things that time for Jesus, prayer, study of the Word, witnessing, and attendance of church services are crowded out. In so doing, we take our eyes off the real goal and drown in peripheral matters.

D. Sleeping refers to being spiritually asleep. It might be the biggest problem today. When a person is asleep, he does not know he is asleep. Taking our relationship with Jesus for granted, having a form of godliness with no power, and refusing to become actively involved in Jesus’ work—all these things and others make sleepwalkers of those who, unless wakened, will sleep past the moment of truth.

I joined God’s remnant church and have never been so happy. But I have never been harassed so much by the devil, either. Why is this?

Because the devil is angry with God’s remnant people and spends his time trying to hurt and discourage them (Revelation 12:17). Jesus did not promise that His people would not suffer trials, woes, onslaughts from the devil, tough times, and even serious injury from Satan. He promised that such things would, indeed, come to His people (2 Timothy 3:12). He did, however, gloriously promise: (1) to give His people victory (1 Corinthians 15:57), (2) to be with His people always, in everything they face (Matthew 28:20), (3) to give them peace (John 16:33; Psalm 119:165), and (4) to never forsake them (Hebrews 13:5). Finally, Jesus promised to hold onto His children so tightly that no one can take them out of His hands (John 10:28-29). Amen!