Does Bible Doctrine Prohibit Women From Shaving Their Legs Etc.

Believe it or not I think women shaving their legs is part of a conspiracy. Until the 1920s very few women shaved their legs and I think social engineering was used to almost force women to shave their legs to be socially acceptable. God put hair on women's legs for a reason and it could be argued that the practice of women shaving their legs is satanic in origin. Let me know what you think.

Dalit

Star
Believe it or not I think women shaving their legs is part of a conspiracy. Until the 1920s very few women shaved their legs and I think social engineering was used to almost force women to shave their legs to be socially acceptable. God put hair on women's legs for a reason and it could be argued that the practice of women shaving their legs is satanic in origin. Let me know what you think.
Interesting. I don't think it's a sin per se, yet people are too obsessed with body hair removal these days--once had a man offer to wax his back for me and found that rather odd and seemed like too intimate a thing to talk about upon so short of an acquaintance. I said no to that--"Thank you? No." I guess it could be a distraction from more important things. Do you have any research on this?

Interesting. I don't think it's a sin per se, yet people are too obsessed with body hair removal these days--once had a man offer to wax his back for me and found that rather odd and seemed like too intimate a thing to talk about upon so short of an acquaintance. I said no to that--"Thank you? No." I guess it could be a distraction from more important things. Do you have any research on this?
Well I looked it up on Wikipedia asking when women started shaving their legs and it started out in the 1920s but then turned into an industry selling women all kinds of things they didn't really need and slowly became oppressive. Then it became almost required and women who didn't shave their legs were seen as low class and social pariahs and even affected their employment opportunities. And once shaving legs started then high heels started which can have disastrous effects on women's ankles and posture.

Lyfe

Star
I don't think there is anything in scripture regarding this. Legs didn't show like they do today. The book of Enoch does talk about how fallen angels taught women the art of make up and face paint and that it led to allot of sexual immorality. I think it's all about bringing a goddess power and mentality back into society with all the beauty and face paint craze.

Doesn't prohibit it, doesn't mandate it either. Just as an opinion i would put it in the category of "it's not a sin but may be unwise".

I have to say, when i saw the thread title i thought this was gonna be one of those "women were put here to be beautiful ornaments and why don't all women discomfort/inconvenience/torture themselves to be more appealing" threads. I am SO happy to have been proven wrong.

I found this article a while ago when i was debating someone on a different forum about this topic.

Ancient Egyptians gave us the pyramids, but they also started a trend in the midst of all that massive stone block-stacking: completely hairless women for aesthetic reasons only, from the tops of their heads to the tips of their toes and all points in between.
Modern day women may have Cleopatra to thank for shifting hair removal from protection to vanity. The Ancient Egyptians placed social status on a pedestal and based these notions on outward appearance.

In fact, much of their beauty practices for women are still implemented today. Women who had hair surrounding their vagina, legs, or armpits were deemed barbarian. So much so, this surplus of hair equated to a subservient status. High-status women such as Cleopatra were the definition of beauty, and they made sure to keep their body free from unwanted hair.

Women of the time wanted to reflect that beauty and attract men, so they developed many tools that assisted with hair removal.
Women can also thank ancient Egyptians for developing the waxing ever pleasant waxing method. They understood the efficiency behind removing hair from the root. In order to accomplish this, they would mix sugar, beeswax, water, and lemon juice.

After placing it on the skin, they would use a cotton band to remove the hair.
The stark difference between Western European women and other areas of Europe is their view on body hair. The Romans believed that a body free of hair equated to wealth and cleanliness; a similar mentality of the ancient Egyptians.
Since this is the religion subforum im gonna say that a pastor i read often says that egypt represents worldliness, so the fact that egypt started the trend is not a good sign.

Advertising companies were crafty in their acts as they sought to attract more women to purchase. World War II brought about a time where women were expected to be a delightful combination of submission and beauty.

Due to a deficiency in pantyhose, women had no choice but to expose their natural legs. This meant shaving more frequently to mimic the smooth effect of pantyhose. The 1940’s gave birth to the electric women’s razor that gave women a new alternative to tweezing or depilatory creams.
Aside from the religious factor, i have noticed that the ww2/post ww2 period is when a lot of the social engineering agendas we see today kicked off, and promoting shaving legs is no exception.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well I looked it up on Wikipedia asking when women started shaving their legs and it started out in the 1920s but then turned into an industry selling women all kinds of things they didn't really need and slowly became oppressive. Then it became almost required and women who didn't shave their legs were seen as low class and social pariahs and even affected their employment opportunities. And once shaving legs started then high heels started which can have disastrous effects on women's ankles and posture.
I think people started wearing deodorant just a little while before…

To the wider point, I would say “yes” people care too much what others think about them, but no, I don’t think there is anything satanic about taking care of yourself.

I think people started wearing deodorant just a little while before…

To the wider point, I would say “yes” people care too much what others think about them, but no, I don’t think there is anything satanic about taking care of yourself.
But how is shaving your legs taking care of yourself. More like succumbing to vanity or worse social pressure. And look at all the money they are making off it.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
yes makeup nails jewelry, shaving of any kind and tooth brushing and haircuts
I think the reality is that for both men and women there is a “normal” self-care that they would do just to feel happy in their own skin and then there is the excessive, narcissistic stuff that floods social media and catches many in the lure of their own reflections.

Anyone remember Nair? It was like shaving cream and you rubbed it on and then when you wiped it off all the hair was gone. I never tried it because my gut instincts told me it was suspicious. Plus the FDA will let anything go through with a bribe. Case in point: birth control pills. Who can estimate what that has done to people.

free2018

Star
You won’t like my answer.
The famous “women” who popularized this concept in the US and the West were indeed not women at all. If they were “ famous women” who made this popular, they were men in drag.

Make up like it says in Enoch is something the fallen angels brought to women. Makeup was originally made for men.

Women of course don’t need makeup at all.

Dalit

Star
Doesn't prohibit it, doesn't mandate it either. Just as an opinion i would put it in the category of "it's not a sin but may be unwise".

I have to say, when i saw the thread title i thought this was gonna be one of those "women were put here to be beautiful ornaments and why don't all women discomfort/inconvenience/torture themselves to be more appealing" threads. I am SO happy to have been proven wrong.

I found this article a while ago when i was debating someone on a different forum about this topic.

Since this is the religion subforum im gonna say that a pastor i read often says that egypt represents worldliness, so the fact that egypt started the trend is not a good sign.

Aside from the religious factor, i have noticed that the ww2/post ww2 period is when a lot of the social engineering agendas we see today kicked off, and promoting shaving legs is no exception.
I do think shaving/waxing private areas could possibly be sinful because it's promoted in p*rn and p*rn is from sex trafficking more often than not and p*rn most likely influenced that trend, so I've heard or read. But now both sexes do so and some men worry about their back hair and it's just getting excessive and ridiculous. So we've all been socially engineered to think that armpit hair and leg hair, especially on women, is gross, and possibly on men, too, for all I know.

Behumble

Established
All these modern habits did arrive after WW2 (vaccines, microwave/processed foods, luxury fashion, a few to name). The way I see it, it's all a marketing ploy to extort money from the world's population. Most of the things available in the supermarkets aren't necessary at all.

There's nothing wrong with self grooming, we all trim/cut our lock of hair why not legs and armpits too. Islamically speaking trimming of hair and nails should be maintained every 40 days, for health reasons. For example you really shouldn't let your toe nails grow too long otherwise it will cause you pain when wearing shoes.

But the miniskirt wasn't designed until the 50s, prior to that how many exposed their legs and needed to shave them?

I watched a documentary about Ancient Egyptians and they stated that Pharoahs and their wives (probably) had every single strand of hair plucked from their bodies. Maybe this is where being excessive/vanity/biblical/satanic notion comes from.

It said in Wikipedia article shaving legs didn't really start until 1920s. So in 100 years they convinced 99 percent of women to shave their legs. There is no reason to do it other than vanity or peer pressure or unless forced to for employment reasons. That is seriously social engineering. They always trying to cheat women too if you compare the price of women's clothing to men's and other things.

Behumble

Established
It said in Wikipedia article shaving legs didn't really start until 1920s. So in 100 years they convinced 99 percent of women to shave their legs. There is no reason to do it other than vanity or peer pressure or unless forced to for employment reasons. That is seriously social engineering. They always trying to cheat women too if you compare the price of women's clothing to men's and other things.
How much does the beauty industry gain from women's insecurities/negative body perceptions? They've also manipulated people to depend on these products so much so that they cannot leave the house or be seen without them, some even sleep with their make up on. Not forgetting the most effective strategic tactic of divide and conquer, women vs women while they sit back and reap the rewards.

Let's put man made chemicals into our skin so we can feel better about ourselves! At all cost do not think about the long term effects on our physical and mental health or wonder why and how. A submissive population is what they need.

"According to the latest statistics, the global beauty industry market size is set to be worth $571.1 billion in 2023. This will mark an 8% increase year-over-year, the fastest annual growth rate in at least 13 years. The beauty industry market size has grown by $113.1 billion since 2015, when it was worth $458 billion."

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I do think shaving/waxing private areas could possibly be sinful because it's promoted in p*rn and p*rn is from sex trafficking more often than not and p*rn most likely influenced that trend, so I've heard or read…
The same argument holds that under Hitler’s regime, the Nazis prized health, exercise and the outdoors. To accuse someone on Nazi tendencies after a morning workout and a smoothie would be the same kind of logic!

The same argument holds that under Hitler’s regime, the Nazis prized health, exercise and the outdoors. To accuse someone on Nazi tendencies after a morning workout and a smoothie would be the same kind of logic!
What in God's name does Nazis have to do with this?