Does Bible Doctrine Prohibit Women From Shaving Their Legs Etc.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What in God's name does Nazis have to do with this?
It’s the “including but not limited to” argument. Certainly it is possible to assign odd or inappropriate motivations to the things people choose to do to look good. There nay be examples of very bad or very vain people who do certain things, but that activity (styling hair, applying makeup, exercising or shaving legs) may also include people who just look after themselves but don’t give five minutes thought to how they look for the rest of the day.

Man looks on the outer appearance, God looks on the heart.

This is an interesting thread! I was also pleasantly surprised to see this being for women that hate all the social norms forced on us. It sucks how much the double standards are taking place. It sucks to have to shave all the time. As someone with dark coarse hair, this society can be quite the bully. I wish we didn't have to shave our legs, that would be awesome, and it's sad this apparently happened as of the 20s.
Funny enough, corsets and such were the norm before this started to happen with the shaving. I think those things are even worse. I heard women would die at child birth because of their ribs being pushed in constantly due to daily corset wear. They aren't even needed, anyway, so what's the point?
Corsets, heels, and the social norm of shaving/grooming just becomes so unnecessary. I agree that it's not sinful to take care of ourselves to the degree that's needed, or sometimes we need confidence boosts (myself, included) but why do people need to be completely vain?
Now, living in a small town, I would think that women would be more laid back and not care so much of their appearances, but it's the opposite. I see women constantly wearing those darn Lululemons, dying their hair blonde constantly, trying to be thin, wearing fake nails, wearing the same shoes, wearing crop tops and wearing tons of makeup/perfume. It seems this kind of grooming indoctrination has taken over the entire world. It's everywhere.

But how is shaving your legs taking care of yourself
Yes this!
Nothing wrong with "taking care of yourself" but who decided that taking care of yourself HAS to include shaving legs? If a woman is other wise healthy, how would her not shaving her legs mean or imply that she doesn't take care of herself?

yes makeup nails jewelry, shaving of any kind and tooth brushing and haircuts
I can't tell if you're joking or being sarcastic...

But there is a difference between cleanliness (like tooth brushing or other methods of oral hygiene) and things done to increase one's attractiveness like makeup and nails (and arguably jewelry to show status).

Shaving fits into a gray area because the reason it would be in the increasing attractiveness category in modern times is because of social constructs.

I kind of think with the way things are headed that we will start seeing the MSM trying to normalize women having beards as some kind of breakthrough in the equality of the sexes. And perhaps not only will women have to shave their legs but also their faces too?

Dalit

Star
I kind of think with the way things are headed that we will start seeing the MSM trying to normalize women having beards as some kind of breakthrough in the equality of the sexes. And perhaps not only will women have to shave their legs but also their faces too?
I confess that I wax my face. As women grow older, chin hair replaces the upper lip hair bc of some hormonal changes, maybe? Yet had to start using bleach (too scared of wax as a kid) at 13 years old bc of upper lip hair and started having eyebrows done once in college after disastrously trying to fix them myself. I didn't want to have a unibrow and no one had told me that I sort of did up until then.

One lady I knew through a ministry group confessed to shaving her face. The hair grows back darker, so that doesn't make sense to me.

Let's be honest women probably disgusted with men who shave their legs and men not that happy with women who have beards. It's called human nature.