Does anyone suffer from misophnia??

Moreaboutyou

Established
Thanks a lot, Tem. Can anybody hear the sounds that arise from

Transmission electron microscopy​

Transmission electron microscopy is a microscopy technique in which a beam of electrons is transmitted through a specimen to form an image. The specimen is most often an ultrathin section less than 100 nm thick or a suspension on a grid.​

Whoa, I don't think I have. Do tell more!

Moreaboutyou

Established
I don't have anxiety but I do hate chewing noises. I'm not hardcore triggered, but absolutely bothered to an extent.
I see. That's good then. I get extremely angry. I need help LOL. I hope your wife writes you a letter in sharpie in front of you tomorrow! That would be a good valentines's day gift!

Moreaboutyou

Established
I do have some social anxiety but it's not very severe. That's also very interesting correlation! I feel like misophonia makes it hard for me to relax since I always get little triggers from the smallest things. Even falling asleep is at night is a difficult task, there's this crunchy sound in my pillow that annoys me so much whenever I sleep on my ear.
Ugh I feel you. yes people with anxiety apparently hone in on the smallest sounds because we are almost too aware of the things around us.

Moreaboutyou

Established
Ever since I can remember up until I was around 25, hearing crickets and/or owls used to give me instant deep, deep, abject depression.
It was like feeling death. Fortunately, when the sounds stopped so did that morbid feeling. Ugh..
Wow I usually get angry! I have never heard of noises bringing the feeling of sadness! Is it only those two noises? Do any noises make you angry?

sim hae

Established
Wow I usually get angry! I have never heard of noises bringing the feeling of sadness! Is it only those two noises? Do any noises make you angry?
It wasn't really sadness, it was something way beyond that, for which even after all these years I still haven't found the proper words, the closest term to describe it is Death, or simpler, the deepest darkesst depression you can think of, multiplied by at least a hundred.
After watching NDE testimonies of some people that have experienced The Void/the lack of God's presence, going by their description of it and their emotional reaction to remembering it, I think that what I felt was like an echo of that. There aren't enough horrible words in the world...

I have gotten annoyed to the point of angry a few times in the past at hearing a particular frequency, not just a certain noise, the frequency of some electrical appliances, especially TVs and lightbulbs, but I've learned to ignore it so it doesn't bother me anymore.

Moreaboutyou

Established
It wasn't really sadness, it was something way beyond that, for which even after all these years I still haven't found the proper words, the closest term to describe it is Death, or simpler, the deepest darkesst depression you can think of, multiplied by at least a hundred.
After watching NDE testimonies of some people that have experienced The Void/the lack of God's presence, going by their description of it and their emotional reaction to remembering it, I think that what I felt was like an echo of that. There aren't enough horrible words in the world...

I have gotten annoyed to the point of angry a few times in the past at hearing a particular frequency, not just a certain noise, the frequency of some electrical appliances, especially TVs and lightbulbs, but I've learned to ignore it so it doesn't bother me anymore.
WOW. That is intense. I have dealt with depression my whole life, but this sounds like a whole different level than what I experienced. I cannot imagine not feeling God's presence, that is my worst nightmare.

AT the time did you have a relationship with God? So you have a relationship with him now?

Moreaboutyou

Established
I developed it in my mid teens and my parents thought I was autistic. My therapist thought I had anxiety with panic attacks. But nearly all my panic attacks were related to these sound triggers I found out.
Do you have anxiety away from certain noises you hear? Also did you ever take any medications for the problems they found at the time

yannick

Veteran
I do have some social anxiety but it's not very severe. That's also very interesting correlation! I feel like misophonia makes it hard for me to relax since I always get little triggers from the smallest things. Even falling asleep is at night is a difficult task, there's this crunchy sound in my pillow that annoys me so much whenever I sleep on my ear.
I used to get this too. Only thing I can tell you is that God Loves you and that sooner or later you will stop hearing it, God Willing. :)

yannick

Veteran
Ever since I can remember up until I was around 25, hearing crickets and/or owls used to give me instant deep, deep, abject depression.
It was like feeling death. Fortunately, when the sounds stopped so did that morbid feeling. Ugh..
You, Madam, are a very deep person. For the Turkish wording it gives

Accept everything that is not your own experience as just one assumption.

images (5).jpg

sim hae

Established
WOW. That is intense. I have dealt with depression my whole life, but this sounds like a whole different level than what I experienced. I cannot imagine not feeling God's presence, that is my worst nightmare.

AT the time did you have a relationship with God? So you have a relationship with him now?
Funny, that's my worst nightmare as well. Other people fear hell, I fear driving Him away and returning to my previous empty existence.

I was spiritually dead when this used to happen. I just realised this yesterday when I made that comment, but the time those sounds stopped having that unpleasant effect on me was when I stopped hating, and also other sins that my spirit just couldn't stand doing any longer. I eventually became a believer a few years after starting down that path.

Moreaboutyou

Established
Funny, that's my worst nightmare as well. Other people fear hell, I fear driving Him away and returning to my previous empty existence.

I was spiritually dead when this used to happen. I just realised this yesterday when I made that comment, but the time those sounds stopped having that unpleasant effect on me was when I stopped hating, and also other sins that my spirit just couldn't stand doing any longer. I eventually became a believer a few years after starting down that path.
Wow I am glad to hear that. That is quite a testimony. I feel you though. It would be terrible if we were able to push God away. Thankfully he is amazing and will never forsake us. I am thankful to have him, I certainly don't deserve him.

Nonetheless I am happy that you are on a brighter path. :)

Do you have anxiety away from certain noises you hear? Also did you ever take any medications for the problems they found at the time
I have what I consider to be mild anxiety that doesn't really need medication atm. When the misophonia suddenly occurred in my mid teens, I would avoid social interactions and I would wear ear plugs everywhere. I was prescribed medication, but it didn't really help much. Now, I just try to tune out certain stuff and wear earbuds with calming music at work. I have a light case of anxiety besides the misophonia though. I wouldn't really consider it to be worse than what the average person has in this day and age

Moreaboutyou

Established
I have what I consider to be mild anxiety that doesn't really need medication atm. When the misophonia suddenly occurred in my mid teens, I would avoid social interactions and I would wear ear plugs everywhere. I was prescribed medication, but it didn't really help much. Now, I just try to tune out certain stuff and wear earbuds with calming music at work. I have a light case of anxiety besides the misophonia though. I wouldn't really consider it to be worse than what the average person has in this day and age
I see. I have anxiety pretty bad now. Now that my depression has faded my anxiety has kicked up. I don't want to take any meds, but I am interested in natural remedies. I'm hoping I can find something I like. Anxiety is such a terrible thing to deal with.

Moreaboutyou

Established
There's music all around you. The natural noise of the fan itself is music in my opinion. Misophonia will stop more once you confront it.
Like putting yourself in the situation that bothers you the most? I am interested to see if exposure therapy would help in my case. or if it would just make me go crazy!!

sim hae

Established
@Moreaboutyou & @CoralineInHell :

Have you tried Magnesium Oil? For me it was like a gift from God, it's very cheap but it has tremendus health benefits, one of which adresses your anxiety issue through lowering the stress hormone cortisol. Apparently, about 80% of the population is Magnesium deficient because of overfarming the soil and modern farming methods rendering our foods Mg deficent.
Magnesium is extremely important in regulating nerotransmitter balance so low Mg levels turn your nerve cells excitable and over-reactive resulting in stress, nervousness and sensitivity to stimuli of any kind: sounds may seem too loud or irritating, lights too bright, emotional responses will be exaggerated, etc and stress/anxiety depletes your Magnesium stores even more, so it's really a vicious circle. Also, the brain receives less serotonine when you have too little Mg, so Magnesium Oil makes you feel uplifted, relaxed and calm.

The first time I used it on my skin it burned like crazy because I was very deficient (having used proton pump inhibitors which impede Mg assimilation) but after several days it stopped stinging altogether when my Mg levels increased. Despite the pain I felt that first time, that day I had an unexplained great mood with a huge permanent grin on my face, my body felt awesome and I had the best sleep in years. Oh, and it made my skin very smooth, silky and less breakable so don't worry about your skin.

Maes17

Superstar
@Moreaboutyou & @CoralineInHell :

Have you tried Magnesium Oil? For me it was like a gift from God, it's very cheap but it has tremendus health benefits, one of which adresses your anxiety issue through lowering the stress hormone cortisol. Apparently, about 80% of the population is Magnesium deficient because of overfarming the soil and modern farming methods rendering our foods Mg deficent.
Magnesium is extremely important in regulating nerotransmitter balance so low Mg levels turn your nerve cells excitable and over-reactive resulting in stress, nervousness and sensitivity to stimuli of any kind: sounds may seem too loud or irritating, lights too bright, emotional responses will be exaggerated, etc and stress/anxiety depletes your Magnesium stores even more, so it's really a vicious circle. Also, the brain receives less serotonine when you have too little Mg, so Magnesium Oil makes you feel uplifted, relaxed and calm.

The first time I used it on my skin it burned like crazy because I was very deficient (having used proton pump inhibitors which impede Mg assimilation) but after several days it stopped stinging altogether when my Mg levels increased. Despite the pain I felt that first time, that day I had an unexplained great mood with a huge permanent grin on my face, my body felt awesome and I had the best sleep in years. Oh, and it made my skin very smooth, silky and less breakable so don't worry about your skin.
Magnesium is recommended for caffeine overdose too.

I remember I did three scoops within 7 hours and felt panicked. Magnesium helped though