Does anyone suffer from misophnia??

sim hae

Established
Magnesium is recommended for caffeine overdose too.

I remember I did three scoops within 7 hours and felt panicked. Magnesium helped though
Never heard of caffeine overdose, but then again neither me nor any of my loved ones drink any coffee...What does it entail? You felt panic as an effect of coffee or out of fear of what might happen because of that overconsumption?

Maes17

Superstar
Never heard of caffeine overdose, but then again neither me nor any of my loved ones drink any coffee...What does it entail? You felt panic as an effect of coffee or out of fear of what might happen because of that overconsumption?
I don't do coffee. I took a pre workout, which is a different type of caffeine high. Some of the stuff I take is high stimulant. The purpose is to amp you up for heavy lifting. Some ingredients even promote blood flow for a pump effect. Well, needless to say, I took beyond the recommended dosage cause of over confidence.

To describe the panic attack. Sick/nauseous. A weird dread feeling. I was probably on the verge of a heart attack to be honest. That's why warning labels are on those things.

Yes I still take them, but a lot more responsibly.

sim hae

Established
^ Oh, wow, you be careful with those things! Even if you don't overdose, if you constantly take supplements rich in caffeine you'll wear out your heart and kidneys! It's also horrible for the stomach and can lead to intestinal permeability (you don't want to know what that is like).

My mother is the oldest out of a trainload of siblings. She only drank coffee (casually) for two months when she was very young and never again after that because it kept messing with her heart.
Now, all her siblings do drink coffee regularly and have various health problems because of it (doctor's opinion) and frankly they look TERRIBLE. That raisin, wrinkly prematurely aged look that white Americans are so famous for, and they all are significantly younger than her, while she looks great in spite of the fact that she was granted a very hard life. None of my loved ones consume caffeine and our faces seem stuck in time when compared to our caffeine loving peers. You're not doing your body any favors especially if it can have that kind of an effect on you.

Sorry for the rant. I'll delete if you're bothered:)

Maes17

Superstar
I don't do coffee. I took a pre workout, which is a different type of caffeine high. Some of the stuff I take is high stimulant. The purpose is to amp you up for heavy lifting. Some ingredients even promote blood flow for a pump effect. Well, needless to say, I took beyond the recommended dosage cause of over confidence.
^ Oh, wow, you be careful with those things! Even if you don't overdose, if you constantly take supplements rich in caffeine you'll wear out your heart and kidneys! It's also horrible for the stomach and can lead to intestinal permeability (you don't want to know what that is like).

My mother is the oldest out of a trainload of siblings. She only drank coffee (casually) for two months when she was very young and never again after that because it kept messing with her heart.
Now, all her siblings do drink coffee regularly and have various health problems because of it (doctor's opinion) and frankly they look TERRIBLE. That raisin, wrinkly prematurely aged look that white Americans are so famous for, and they all are significantly younger than her, while she looks great in spite of the fact that she was granted a very hard life. None of my loved ones consume caffeine and our faces seem stuck in time when compared to our caffeine loving peers. You're not doing your body any favors especially if it can have that kind of an effect on you.

Sorry for the rant. I'll delete if you're bothered:)
I know about the heart and kidney problems. I cycle off my supplements every few weeks.

Bothered? Far from it.
It's good not to develop a dependency on such supplements. That's good your family stays away.

Dalit

Star
Magnesium is recommended for caffeine overdose too.

I remember I did three scoops within 7 hours and felt panicked. Magnesium helped though
People can be sensitive to caffeine and it will make you feel blanked up. It must mess with the adrenals because that happened to me, too, last week. I felt like my stomach was shot with feeling sick and not wanting to eat and my nerves were shot with feeling tired and wired at the same time, a weird kind of adrenal exhaustion feeling. I also ran around like a chicken with my head cut off because what else can you do when you feel tired and wired all at once? Keep moving until you collapse in an exhausted puddle on the floor or so you won't collapse.

I have dealt with this my whole life. I just recently found out it was a thing. I just thought I was crazy!
Have you ever considered that you're highly sensitive?

http://highlysensitive.org/

I see. I have anxiety pretty bad now. Now that my depression has faded my anxiety has kicked up. I don't want to take any meds, but I am interested in natural remedies. I'm hoping I can find something I like. Anxiety is such a terrible thing to deal with.
In addition to magnesium oil; thanks, @sim hae , have you heard of Ashwagandha? If you have any autoimmune disorder or take thyroid medication, don't take it. I was briefly on thyroid meds, but now could give it a try. Sounds like a good natural medicine.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/12-proven-ashwagandha-benefits#section12

Moreaboutyou

Established
@Moreaboutyou & @CoralineInHell :

Have you tried Magnesium Oil? For me it was like a gift from God, it's very cheap but it has tremendus health benefits, one of which adresses your anxiety issue through lowering the stress hormone cortisol. Apparently, about 80% of the population is Magnesium deficient because of overfarming the soil and modern farming methods rendering our foods Mg deficent.
Magnesium is extremely important in regulating nerotransmitter balance so low Mg levels turn your nerve cells excitable and over-reactive resulting in stress, nervousness and sensitivity to stimuli of any kind: sounds may seem too loud or irritating, lights too bright, emotional responses will be exaggerated, etc and stress/anxiety depletes your Magnesium stores even more, so it's really a vicious circle. Also, the brain receives less serotonine when you have too little Mg, so Magnesium Oil makes you feel uplifted, relaxed and calm.

The first time I used it on my skin it burned like crazy because I was very deficient (having used proton pump inhibitors which impede Mg assimilation) but after several days it stopped stinging altogether when my Mg levels increased. Despite the pain I felt that first time, that day I had an unexplained great mood with a huge permanent grin on my face, my body felt awesome and I had the best sleep in years. Oh, and it made my skin very smooth, silky and less breakable so don't worry about your skin.
WOW! I have never tried that. So you don't ingest it at all, you just rub it on your skin?

sim hae

Established
WOW! I have never tried that. So you don't ingest it at all, you just rub it on your skin?

Yes, Magnesium is in fact best assimilated transdermally. Most of the Magnesium in oral supplements is lost in the digestive system or eliminated by the body. By absorbing it through your skin, it goes straight into the blood flow and you even bypass any unpleasant digestive problems that some people can experience from oral capsules.

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
People can be sensitive to caffeine and it will make you feel blanked up. It must mess with the adrenals because that happened to me, too, last week. I felt like my stomach was shot with feeling sick and not wanting to eat and my nerves were shot with feeling tired and wired at the same time, a weird kind of adrenal exhaustion feeling. I also ran around like a chicken with my head cut off because what else can you do when you feel tired and wired all at once? Keep moving until you collapse in an exhausted puddle on the floor or so you won't collapse.

Have you ever considered that you're highly sensitive?

http://highlysensitive.org/

In addition to magnesium oil; thanks, @sim hae , have you heard of Ashwagandha? If you have any autoimmune disorder or take thyroid medication, don't take it. I was briefly on thyroid meds, but now could give it a try. Sounds like a good natural medicine.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/12-proven-ashwagandha-benefits#section12
Yeah! Felt somewhat like that

Maes17

Superstar
As far as sensitive? Idk.
A lot of pre workouts run around 200-350mg of caffeine which is a lot. When I did two scoops that was 700mg of caffeine plus the other stimulants including the infamous dmaa. One scoop runs at 75mg so that was 150mg of dmaa

But again I learned that pre workouts need to be consumed responsibly. I won't blame the company because they put warning labels in how to consume