"Doctrine for the Block" Urban Apologetics Conference

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Looks like the conference will be tackling some of the main discussion topics that continually crop up on this forum so it's definitely worth noting!

DavidSon

Star
Red Sky I swear there is such synchronicity within forums, it's amazing. I'll find the same words that I wrote, in a post 20 min. earlier that I hadn't read. You posted about miracles while I was commenting on the same topic somewhere else. Mystical.

Your thread about Christian teens got me thinking about a reply, which related to this exact theme of bringing the message on a "real" or street level, through the popular artists and singers. Not through the "squares". Did you see the plan for the presentation, "Street Evangelism and Hebrew Israelites"? Haha I'l like to see you there. Honestly I think they are totally misrepresented and disregarded for the worse, and hope to discuss their vision sometime.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Red Sky I swear there is such synchronicity within forums, it's amazing. I'll find the same words that I wrote, in a post 20 min. earlier that I hadn't read. You posted about miracles while I was commenting on the same topic somewhere else. Mystical.

Your thread about Christian teens got me thinking about a reply, which related to this exact theme of bringing the message on a "real" or street level, through the popular artists and singers. Not through the "squares". Did you see the plan for the presentation, "Street Evangelism and Hebrew Israelites"? Haha I'l like to see you there. Honestly I think they are totally misrepresented and disregarded for the worse, and hope to discuss their vision sometime.
Perhaps we can continue on this thread?

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/hebrew-israelite-theology-discussed.2888/

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Looks like they have released some more info about the conference. Now I'm gutted I'm 4000 miles away in England!

I personally thing "urban" and "Christian" go really well together, after all, the early church were often the ordinary folk of the towns and cities and to follow Jesus you had to be unafraid to face persecution or stand out.