Do You Watch Tv Or Not?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
I watch TV for a little.

Full of negative news and my head is going to be dizzy if I watch TV for less than 1 hour.
I don't know why.

I only occasionally watch religious TV channel only for 1-2 hours in the night then going to bed.

williejonesjr

Veteran
No. Not cable anyways. I will watch some Trailer Park Boys on Soroflix. An occasional movie. But I've been off cable for a few years now. I don't even watch the news. My life has gotten better bc of it. I feel free

Aero

Superstar
I watch Basketball sometimes. Football occasionally. Barely ever watch news, it's all gossip anymore. I used to like late night comedy but it's all the same anymore. They are all playing it safe, and it's just not that funny anymore.

cajun

Established
I seem to have given it up. Most often if I turn it on, I turn it off within minutes.

I pull up the internet for news and after checking headlines I switch over to music and to the youtubers whose channels I follow. Lots of science and ancient history lately, as well as a cluster of anti-corruption activists.

Todd

Star
I watch sports (college football, Motogp and Formula one, mostly) and record the few TV series I watch. I don't channel surf or watch the news much.

Network series I currently record...
Bull, Designated Survivor, Blindspot (though I think that is not as good as it was when it started) and my wife likes Madam Secretary.

Other series we record: Street Outlaws, Drugs inc. Bringing up Bates (the wife) Gold Rush.

And my one guilty pleasure: Big Bang Theory...Yeah the sexual innuendos I could do without, but it's hilarious.

bbsion

Established
I watch sports (college football, Motogp and Formula one, mostly) and record the few TV series I watch. I don't channel surf or watch the news much.

Network series I currently record...
Bull, Designated Survivor, Blindspot (though I think that is not as good as it was when it started) and my wife likes Madam Secretary.

Other series we record: Street Outlaws, Drugs inc. Bringing up Bates (the wife) Gold Rush.

And my one guilty pleasure: Big Bang Theory...Yeah the sexual innuendos I could do without, but it's hilarious.
I have not heard of any of those shows besides Big Bang Theory. I love that show!

bbsion

Established
I watch TV shows but not on cable. I actually get free cable and rarely use it. I used to watch basketball but now that the Jazz were eliminated I do not care to follow the rest of the playoffs. Most of the TV shows I watch are downloaded or streamed selectively. I find that I like to laugh, so most of my favorite shows are short and funny sitcoms. From time to time I like to watch longer drama shows like Daredevil or Prison Break. Too much drama can really bother me though. Actually, too much TV can really bother me.

I have Netflix and watch some older shows online so I guess you can say I watch TV. Although, I got rid of my cable about a year ago once they started to increase the monthly rates for HD TV. It took a little adjusting at first but it was probably one of the best decisions I made, and I can’t say I miss it at all.

Leviathan

Established
Yes, but there are only a select few shows I watch. I mostly watch stuff from the '60s and '80s like Dark Shadows, The Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, The Munsters, Tales From the Darkside, etc., and occasionally I like to watch silly game shows just for fun. I always pick my favorite contestant and root for them to win. I have seen a bit of some newer shows like Walking Dead, American Horror Story, and Bates Motel, too.

Haich

Superstar
I'm thinking of getting rid of my TV. It gives me a headache and there really isn't much on there. Apart from the occasional documentary and a brief look at the news I don't touch it. My son loves the children's progammes but watching him I can see how lost and addicted you can get by it. There's some positives, entertainment is one so is family time it does unite people when they watch it together but I'm getting bored of the constant adverts and underlying messages in programmes

I just watch the few shows I like on Netflix, The Blacklist being one and Masterchef and Eastenders I watch on the iplayer

Haich

Superstar
Nope. Don't own one, don't want one.
I wish I had your strength lol it distracts my son so I can get things done, I do limit his tv time though don't want him exposed to it, I'd like him to entertain himself with toys and books or look to m husband and I for enjoyment

Don't think it's beneficial of safe really to let the TV raise your kids especially in this day and age

Lisa

Superstar
I'm thinking of getting rid of my TV. It gives me a headache and there really isn't much on there. Apart from the occasional documentary and a brief look at the news I don't touch it. My son loves the children's progammes but watching him I can see how lost and addicted you can get by it. There's some positives, entertainment is one so is family time it does unite people when they watch it together but I'm getting bored of the constant adverts and underlying messages in programmes

I just watch the few shows I like on Netflix, The Blacklist being one and Masterchef and Eastenders I watch on the iplayer
If you get rid of your tv, you don't have to pay the tv tax then? I read that in Britain there is a tv tax, but I heard it was difficult to drop the tax.