Do You think the moon landing happened?

Tidal

Star
Interestingly this clip of Harrison Schmitt of Apollo 17 shows him bouncing around the moon with his visor up.
I'm no expert, but i thought the visor was supposed to protect against the suns searing ultra-violet rays to stop astronauts getting blinded and/or a chronic case of sunburn, yet he doesn't seem to mind.
(PS- his face isn't open to space in this shot because the transparent visor is still down.
The one that's up is a secondary anti-glare visor)

At 2:57-

Last edited:

Maes17

Superstar
I'll just quote the article on that:

"It’s important to note that according to the Review of NASA’s Longitudinal Study of Astronaut Health by the Institute of Medicine, astronauts have a significantly higher quality of life. Their incomes are relatively high, they are physically fit, and they have lifetime access to premium medical care. These factors should give them a substantially lower chance of cardiovascular-related illness compared to the similarly-aged general population. For the lunar astronauts, it didn’t, and it’s because of the unique environmental conditions they experienced."
I’ll question my stance if so.
I can get on board with this theory

It might serve you well to watch the American Moon documentary because they answer the questions you're raising.

The point of lying about if is, if they lied about this, why should we trust anything the US government says if they can't disclose the truth?
...Or you could at least summarize it, with the broad strokes, since a three and a half hour documentary is a lot of time to invest, especially when I spend like like two hours a week watching things?

And I don't exactly trust anything the government says in the first place. But lies and conspiracies happen for a reason. Like funneling the money, supposedly used in space programs, into other military projects... Something I could see the US doing, but something that I can't see America's enemies not discovering and revealing.

To me the "moon-landing hoax" conspiracy feels a lot like the people who swear the earth is flat... Even if it is true, it's literally the most pointless conspiracy on the face of the planet.

Tidal

Star
Another possible theory of mine is that the Apollo 11 crew were hypnotised and/or pumped full of drugs to make them believe they'd been to the moon.
I mean, they might have spent the entire mission in beds on earth hooked up to all sorts of mind-bending drugs that implanted false memories to make them think they'd been to the moon.

...Or you could at least summarize it, with the broad strokes, since a three and a half hour documentary is a lot of time to invest, especially when I spend like like two hours a week watching things?

And I don't exactly trust anything the government says in the first place. But lies and conspiracies happen for a reason. Like funneling the money, supposedly used in space programs, into other military projects... Something I could see the US doing, but something that I can't see America's enemies not discovering and revealing.

To me the "moon-landing hoax" conspiracy feels a lot like the people who swear the earth is flat... Even if it is true, it's literally the most pointless conspiracy on the face of the planet.
Why don't you just watch it in segments? I didn't watch the entire 3½ hours in one sitting, and there are five parts to the documentary. That said, with regard to your question about Russia exposing the hoax, at 34:40 the narrator says:

"Had the Russians exposed the lunar hoax by the Americans, not only would the entire world be laughing at them, not of what followed in terms of space cooperation with the Americans would have ever been possible."

Apparently, there was the International Space Station to consider at the time that Russia's a part of.

Interestingly, there's a warning at the beginning of the video, this is stated:

If you're comparing the lunar hoax to the flat earth theory and the most pointless conspiracy on the face of the planet, then so be it. There's far too much substantial evidence in the documentary to try and convince you otherwise.

DavidSon

Star
Another possible theory of mine is that the Apollo 11 crew were hypnotised and/or pumped full of drugs to make them believe they'd been to the moon.
I mean, they might have spent the entire mission in beds on earth hooked up to all sorts of mind-bending drugs that implanted false memories to make them think they'd been to the moon.
Good to see you thinking outside the mainstream box for once! :D

The other video you posted of Schmitt pretty much disproves this theory though: The crews were in on the ruse! Just look at his nervous laughter and the guy can't stop shifting the positions of his hands. We don't need a youtube recommended CIA operative (does anyone else get that reco? lol) to tell us he's lying.

More than my subjective interpretation we have 20 years of evidence from project MKULTRA about techniques of mind control. It's been documented many times that while psychologists found it possible to erase someone's memory/identity, it's basically impossible to plant memories inside someone's head (which is why DARPA is working on new technology like chip implants for mind control). Also In the worst cases of their disgusting crimes (McGill University) it took months of sleep deprivation, repeated audio messages, eloctroshocks, high doses of hallucinogens, etc. to wipe out a personality. It's not as easy as you imagine.

In what was possibly the largest psyop of the 20th century the astronauts felt compelled to continue the deception in the service of patriotism, to confound the "scary scary" Soviets. Sure the many other technicians involved might not have known but the mission crews had to have.

My thought when seeing that capsule was "If they can use a tiny capsule like that to get back to earth, then why didn't use it going to the moon?" Where's the storage for the fuel since the moon is 240,000 miles away? I mean, if something like that miniscule can supposedly make it back to earth, then why isn't the same technology used for airplanes?

Tidal

Star
Another thing that's always puzzled me is why the flag wasn't blasted out of the ground when Apollo 14 took off, as in this clip-
I mean, I thought the moons surface was supposed to be just loose dust, so how could it hold the flag firm?

AshCash

Established
Personally no because it looked staged and I saw a video of a guy exposing it in great detail so I don't believe it at all. Honestly who knows if there even is like outer space I mean the world is controlled by liars and psychopaths you think they'd tell us the truth? That's why I don't believe anything they say.

AshCash

Established
I think it may have been Buzz Aldrin-- I may be wrong though.

More:
I pulled this video from Rob Skiba's site, in case you haven't seen it. Interesting stuff.

Yeah actually I think it was him he was reading a book to a child or something and the child asked about the moon landing and he said it never happened! Idk if it was intentional or if he wanted to tell the truth.
Thanks for the video I will def check it out! :)

elsbet

Superstar
Yeah actually I think it was him he was reading a book to a child or something and the child asked about the moon landing and he said it never happened! Idk if it was intentional or if he wanted to tell the truth.
Thanks for the video I will def check it out! :)
You bet.

And yeah, that's the one I remember too. Tbh... he seems to be having issues speaking (neurological problems, perhaps?). Idk if he had a heart attack or a stroke in Antarctica, but if that was filmed after... could be why.

Maybe someone will come along and offer some enthusiastic corrections, so we don't have to consult goo•gle.

:D

Tidal

Star
..the world is controlled by liars and psychopaths you think they'd tell us the truth? That's why I don't believe anything they say.

Right, here's a quote I like-
"Believe nothing, no matter who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"- Buddha