Do you keep the law? Why The Law Cant Save and Why It Only Brings Wrath and Condemnation

Lyfe

Star
what does it mean to "know Jesus" ?

The problem with the "Christian" church is that they deal with too much rhetoric and ambiguity.

Nobody knows who will be going to heaven.

I know that Christ said to follow the commandments, and to love your neighbour, and he said we will all be JUDGED at the white throne, he didn't say "believe in me to be saved" Nowhere did he say that.

Do the majority of "Christians" know Jesus ?

I'd say probably not. Many of them use their "religion" as an ego boost to make themselves feel better than others, without actually living according to the example Christ set. That will not save you.

Also Christ was clear to BE CAREFUL about those who come in his name. Yes the fake Christians I always speak about. Those who pervert his gospel.
You said that nobody knows who is going to heaven. This is incorrect.

You also said that nowhere did Jesus say believe in me and be saved. This is incorrect too.

Furthermore you went on to say we will all be judged at the great white throne. This is mostly correct. Those whos names have not been recorded in the book of life will be judged at the great white throne. They will pay the penalty for their sin, because they refused to love the truth and be saved by turning to Christ in repentance and faith.

You also said we will all be judged according to how we follow the law. Nobody has kept the law except Christ. If God judged you by the law you would be found guilty and cast into hell. This is why you need Christ, because you havent kept Gods laws.

If I were you I would watch this video and read the new testament. You can have eternal life and a living relationship with Jesus. You can be saved and know that you will spend an eternity in paradise in the presence of God with the rest of his elect and holy angels.

Lyfe

Star
Saved by Grace.

If you look at the Greek word that was translated as Grace it is Charis

the first definition of this word is key. From my Stongs Concordance

divine influence on the heart, and its reflection in the life.

this doesn't mean "Gift" as has so often been assumed.

a divine influence on the heart, meaning your heart will act a certain way, and look at the second part of the definition ITS REFLECTION IN LIFE.

meaning YES following the commandments.

So you are saved not by a "free gift" but by your heart enacting the will of God and this being manifested by your good works in real life.

Not by sheltering yourself and believing you will get a free gift.
How can you deny that salvation is a gift from God? Jesus didnt have to forfeit the glory and riches of heaven to come down here and suffer that you may live. Salvation was made completely possible by an incredible act of grace, love, and mercy. Human beings have absolutely no merit or goodness in themselves or their deeds that make them deserving of the riches of Gods grace and mercy.

God suffered and was crucified to demonstrate his love and mercy and you seem to suggest that your good deeds are anything to him.

fotw

Established
Saved by Grace.

If you look at the Greek word that was translated as Grace it is Charis

the first definition of this word is key. From my Stongs Concordance

divine influence on the heart, and its reflection in the life.

this doesn't mean "Gift" as has so often been assumed.

a divine influence on the heart, meaning your heart will act a certain way, and look at the second part of the definition ITS REFLECTION IN LIFE.

meaning YES following the commandments.

So you are saved not by a "free gift" but by your heart enacting the will of God and this being manifested by your good works in real life.

Not by sheltering yourself and believing you will get a free gift.
It also means gift, you are both correct in this aspect.

G5485
χάρις
charis
khar'-ece
From G5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): - acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace (-ious), joy liberality, pleasure, thank (-s, -worthy).
Total KJV occurrences: 156

It also means gift, you are both correct in this aspect.

G5485
χάρις
charis
khar'-ece
From G5463; graciousness (as gratifying), of manner or act (abstract or concrete; literal, figurative or spiritual; especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude): - acceptable, benefit, favour, gift, grace (-ious), joy liberality, pleasure, thank (-s, -worthy).
Total KJV occurrences: 156
yes it does, but what definition is more in line with what Christ said when he said "obey the commandments"

fotw

Established
yes it does, but what definition is more in line with what Christ said when he said "obey the commandments"
Agreed, definitely something to be concerned about. But his word is still a gift. How would we know if God didn't put it down in writing?

How can you deny that salvation is a gift from God? Jesus didnt have to forfeit the glory and riches of heaven to come down here and suffer that you may live. Salvation was made completely possible by an incredible act of grace, love, and mercy. Human beings have absolutely no merit or goodness in themselves or their deeds that make them deserving of the riches of Gods grace and mercy.

God suffered and was crucified to demonstrate his love and mercy and you seem to suggest that your good deeds are anything to him.
LIFE itself is a gift from God, so what exactly is your point ?

Salvation isn't something just handed out because you repeat a few words and think you are scott free.

It is a reward for how you conduct yourself on earth, in this life.

Human beings have absolutely no merit or goodness ? I dont think so. Its not religion that makes man good, it is his heart, as Christ said the law is written in our hearts. You can access it or ignore it, but its really got nothing to do with religion. God created us with the ability to access good or evil as he has put these concepts in our hearts.

Lyfe

Star

Salvation isn't something just handed out because you repeat a few words and think you are scott free.

Human beings have absolutely no merit or goodness ? I dont think so. Its not religion that makes man good, it is his heart, as Christ said the law is written in our hearts. You can access it or ignore it, but its really got nothing to do with religion.
Nothing your saying is Biblical. I am on a phone though so I cant keep up with your unbiblical statements. I would go and read the New Testsment. Dont believe in what I am saying. Believe in Gods word.

fotw

Established
God's word is written on our hearts and written on paper. I would be headed down the primrose path without both. And written in stone with fire, lets not forget that.

phipps

Star
The Bible says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God," (Ephesians 2:8). Being saved by grace means we have received unmerited favour from God, and if we accept this free gift, we accept His sacrifice for us, we believe His Word, we develop a relationship with Him, our faith and love in and for God grows and will show in our works which includes obedience to the commandments. The law gets written in our hearts and gradually our sanctified lives begin reflecting the character of Christ through our words and actions.

I should add that being saved by grace means that our only hope as sinners is in Jesus Christ alone.

Last edited:
Do you love God at ALL times with ALL your heart mind soul and strength at EVERY moment of the day? If you fail to do this you arent even keeping the greatest commandment. Imagine going before God at the end of every day to receieve a slip of debt. Imagine if at the end of every day it was revealed to you whether or not you kept his law, and every day day after day you received a notification that you failed to keep his law.
You kind of make God sound like a petty bookkeeper .

I believe God sent down the Torah and the Bible. There is still goodness in the Bible, such as the 10 commandments. But lets be honest and admit mankind has corrupted both of these books (with ample evidence) Lyfe.

Why are you insulting Islams Prophet (saw) revered by 2 billion people?

Ya know whats interesting? There is not a Muslim on the planet who will call Jesus a deceiver.

Isn't it also interesting how Muhammad is the most common name on the planet? I wonder why that is?

I read an article earlier today Lyfe about this form of ad hominem. Something about the one who insults can't validate their points.. i forget the exact wording. But i agree with you. Your beliefs are indefensible. I'd probably go to ad hominem myself in your shoes because you literally worship a slave of God.

View attachment 66316

What recourse do you have but to take a shot at my beliefs?

As i said above, I'll cya on judgement day.

Peace.
Muhammad Ali was a black Muslim.

Simple solution we don't need free will it was a mistake to begin with. End free will all problems solved. We will no longer be pawns to be used in the fight between God and Satan. It is just controlled opposition. God and Satan make a bet and poor Job had to suffer. Get rid of Satan and freewill we live in paradise with God no more problems. Satan is out of job and we live it up in Paradise.

Lyfe

Star
You kind of make God sound like a petty bookkeeper .
Acctually, that is exactly what the law does. It records and holds you accountable for all your sin. Big and small. Every wrong. Willful sins and sins committed in complete ignorance. Everything. Your sin is recorded in a book and awaits judgment. This is why people need Christ. This is why the law can only condemn. You cant lax the holy requirement of the law to justify yourself which is what allot of people end up doing. They will point others back to the law and wont even hold themselves accountable to it. If they did they would acknowledge they are still a lawbreaker according to the very law they promote. You either keep it perfectly or you keep none of it. One sin is all it takes to break the whole law. This is how holy God and his law is.

Daze

Superstar
Yes, we all know this. I have no idea why you are pointing out that he is black?

Still Muhammad is the most popular name on the planet and people of all colors have it. The reason for this is obvious.

Are you racist or something? No idea what Muhammad Ali being black has to do with anything.

Simple solution we don't need free will it was a mistake to begin with. End free will all problems solved. We will no longer be pawns to be used in the fight between God and Satan. It is just controlled opposition. God and Satan make a bet and poor Job had to suffer. Get rid of Satan and freewill we live in paradise with God no more problems. Satan is out of job and we live it up in Paradise.
Simply put God doesn't make mistakes. "Our problems" are nothing more then a test.

Yes, we all know this. I have no idea why you are pointing out that he is black?

Still Muhammad is the most popular name on the planet and people of all colors have it. The reason for this is obvious.

Are you racist or something? No idea what Muhammad Ali being black has to do with anything.

Simply put God doesn't make mistakes. "Our problems" are nothing more then a test.
Am I racist? Give me a break. I have always considered Ali a hero for fighting against the draft and having principles on other things. I'm always suspicious of those who are so quick to pull the race card.

Human beings have absolutely no merit or goodness ? I dont think so. Its not religion that makes man good, it is his heart, as Christ said the law is written in our hearts. You can access it or ignore it, but its really got nothing to do with religion. God created us with the ability to access good or evil as he has put these concepts in our hearts.
I always liked the concept of Karma which I have seen in real life. I suppose now I will be considered a sinner and sent to hell. All religions have some good in them. If religions stopped fighting each other progress could be made but every one is on ego trip and always right. Ego is a too much thing.

Daze

Superstar
Am I racist? Give me a break. I have always considered Ali a hero for fighting against the draft and having principles on other things. I'm always suspicious of those who are so quick to pull the race card.
You're the one who felt the need to point out his color out of nowhere. I'm asking why.

"Hey, Malcolm X was black!".. ya ok, whats your point?

What difference does Muhammad Ali's skin color make? Why did you highlight it? It comes off as racist, especially when you give no explanation.

What is your point here?

We're all so mixed up in our beliefs. It's a wonder we're all still alive.
Believe me they are working hard to make a lot of us so we are no longer alive . The vaxanazis working full-time 24/7 to inject us with poisonous fake vaccines. God knows this and hopefully does something before vaxanazis knock on my door with mandatory injection or sent to concentration camp for the unvaccinated which is already happening in Australia and Austria.