Do You Believe In The Power Of Occult Rituals?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Do you believe in the power of occult rituals, spells, divinations, seances, etc.?

Do you have any experiences involving those? Any confirmations?

Aero

Superstar
Yes I believe. When I do cult rituals there are clear effects that I can track down. And I have a list of countless instances of this, but I don't know how to "confirm" it. Idk what that means.

And I'm not trying to say hey. Cult magic is awesome. What I'm saying is someone taught me to do what I do. Planted it in my brain. So it's difficult to know the origin of where my magic comes from.

Aero

Superstar
Yes I also believe in the demonic influences. And Satanic influences, but I also believe in miracles.

Todd

Star
So, our prayers would be powerful too as the counterpart of the occult ritual.
Yes, although I do not believe God will honor rituatlistic formula type prayers. God will only answer the prayers that are in line with his will. If someone is oppressed by a denomnic spirit, I believe it is God's will for that spirit to be cast out. That is why I believe occult power is real, because I have actually prayed for people to be delivered from thoses spirits and seen the spirits resist and manifest during the process. It is also why I believe Jesus is more than just a prophet, since I have witnessed the power of praying in the name of Jesus.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
Occult rituals are empowering, just like most rituals are empowering. When you go to court, and everyone is obliged to stand as an announcer rattles off an "Oh-Yey-Oh-Yey all rise for the Honorable Whoever-Whoever of the Queen's Justice' etc. etc., it empowers the judge by reinforcing their authority in the minds of all present. When a priest stands in front of a huge crowd and directs everybody to repeat his words, it empowers the priest by reinforcing their authority and perceived connection to the divine in the minds of all present. When an Occultist rattles off some jibber-jabber with some archaic symbols on the floor and a chicken to kill/babe to grope, it empowers the occultist by reinforcing their authority and perceived connection to big mojo in the minds of all their cultists.

Show me a ritual, occult or otherwise, that can so much as levitate a pencil two inches and I'll eat my hat. There is no innate 'power' in any of it, and magic is bogus.

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Occult rituals are empowering, just like most rituals are empowering. When you go to court, and everyone is obliged to stand as an announcer rattles off an "Oh-Yey-Oh-Yey all rise for the Honorable Whoever-Whoever of the Queen's Justice' etc. etc., it empowers the judge by reinforcing their authority in the minds of all present. When a priest stands in front of a huge crowd and directs everybody to repeat his words, it empowers the priest by reinforcing their authority and perceived connection to the divine in the minds of all present. When an Occultist rattles off some jibber-jabber with some archaic symbols on the floor and a chicken to kill/babe to grope, it empowers the occultist by reinforcing their authority and perceived connection to big mojo in the minds of all their cultists.

Show me a ritual, occult or otherwise, that can so much as levitate a pencil two inches and I'll eat my hat. There is no innate 'power' in any of it, and magic is bogus.
Secularists would think like you.
They may be brave to sleep one night in a haunted house or to play ouija board.

Aero

Superstar
That's why people don't believe. You think of magic as having to break the laws of physics. IE they are expecting way too much. Don't think of it as having to levitate a pencil. Think of a car crash. The brakes may or may not work in any given capacity, depending on variables. Well what I'm saying is that magical influences can play out, changing the outcome just slightly.

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
Secularists would think like you.
They may be brave to sleep one night in a haunted house or to play ouija board.
I used to love going into abandoned buildings and supposedly 'haunted' areas with my friends as a teenager, as the irrational fear of my buddies made these ventures far more exciting than just 'hanging out' somewhere.

I also played Ouija, the Hasbro Board-Game for children 8 and up, quite a few times as a kid.

Wanna know a secret?

I was ALWAYS the guy moving it.

Aero

Superstar
Lol Ouija boards never worked for me either. But automatic writing does. Although I can't prove it comes from spirits and not my subconscious

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
That's why people don't believe. You think of magic as having to break the laws of physics. IE they are expecting way too much. Don't think of it as having to levitate a pencil. Think of a car crash. The brakes may or may not work in any given capacity, depending on variables. Well what I'm saying is that magical influences can play out, changing the outcome just slightly.
Care to elaborate?

I mean, if I say to myself, 'Man, I really wish something bad would happen to that guy!' and then something bad happens to that guy (because bad things happen to everybody), am I dark wizard wielding magic? Obviously not, right? But if I make a pentagram of salt on my floor, light some candles, and intone 'Glycon the Snake-God, I bequeath thee! Bring down your wrath.. upon THAT GUY!' while wanking onto a photo of him or something, and then something bad happens to him, THEN I'm a dark wizard wielding magic?

Aero

Superstar
Care to elaborate?

I mean, if I say to myself, 'Man, I really wish something bad would happen to that guy!' and then something bad happens to that guy (because bad things happen to everybody), am I dark wizard wielding magic? Obviously not, right? But if I make a pentagram of salt on my floor, light some candles, and intone 'Glycon the Snake-God, I bequeath thee! Bring down your wrath.. upon THAT GUY!' while wanking onto a photo of him or something, and then something bad happens to him, THEN I'm a dark wizard wielding magic?
In either case you are a dark wizard wielding magic. You are making a wish, you are attempting to contact unseen entities. And you were right in your post when you talked about psychological empowerment. That is what most "magic" actually is. Things we do to make ourselves feel better, but when they start impacted the world around us. You have to admit it's not just empowering your psychology, it's empowering your whole life.

Todd

Star
I agree mostly with @Mr.Grieves . The one performing the occult ritual is the only who is going to be affected by it. If you are just joking around with it, then likely nothing is going to happen. If your motive is to actually seek real power then you are opening yourself up to and inviting evil spirits into your domain. No one has the authority to bring down anything another human being, only themselves. Usually the person has no idea what they are actually opening themseves up to until it is too late.

Aero

Superstar
I totally understand what it's like to be skeptical. But when it comes to the cults of America I have lost my sense of skepticism. When you see the night before the U.S President gets sworn in, a 4 star hotel gets flattened by an avalanche. Or a Russian plane crash where everyone survives. Tornadoes hitting certain areas in certain patterns. Earthquakes and other abnormal behavior from the weather or people in general.

Sure it could all be a coincidence. Everything could be just fine in America...

Mr.Grieves

Veteran
I totally understand what it's like to be skeptical. But when it comes to the cults of America I have lost my sense of skepticism. When you see the night before the U.S President gets sworn in, a 4 star hotel gets flattened by an avalanche. Or a Russian plane crash where everyone survives. Tornadoes hitting certain areas in certain patterns. Earthquakes and other abnormal behavior from the weather or people in general.

Sure it could all be a coincidence. Everything could be just fine in America...
What you're talking about here is very different from psychological empowerment, and once more I'm lost in how you define 'magic'. Are you suggesting there are occultists responsible for extreme weather events? That WOULD be a magical power.

Yahda

Veteran

I agree with this but I would say there are different types of magic.

There's magic that plays on the sub conscious, as described above. Then I would say that there is also magic and rituals where other forces do come into play.

Anytime one is dealing with fire, water, blood, or all of thee above....the forces are sometimes with you. It's always been how the universe works.