Do the “elites” believe the Rapture is imminent?

Lisa

Superstar
Regarding the "name of God", sure, cults like the JW's call him "Jehovah" and others call him "Yahweh" but that's a misinterpretation.
In fact when Moses asked him at the burning bush what his name was, God replied "I am that I am", in other words he was saying he was too big and awesome to have a name..:)

His name is Yahweh.

Tidal

Star
His name is Yahweh.

Wait a minute honeybun, I thought you claimed earlier that Jesus was God, so that means God's name must be Jesus, right?
So why are you now claiming God's name is 'Yahweh'?.. :p

Last edited:
Wait a minute honeybun, I thought you claimed earlier that Jesus was God, so that means God's name must be Jesus, right?
God has many names. Personally, I call him, "God, or Jesus, or Yahweh, or Yeshua, sometimes IAmThatIAm, the Lord," etc.

I like to call him by his Hebrew names :)

Tidal

Star
When his disciples asked Jesus how to pray, he began with- "Our Father in heaven..", he never said "Yahweh in heaven" or any other name.
In fact it cheapens God if we try to slap a name on him.
Even some angels don't have names-
"Then Manoah inquired of the angel of the Lord, What is your name, so that we may honour you when your word comes true?
He replied, "Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding" (Judges 13:17/18)

TokiEl

Superstar
When his disciples asked Jesus how to pray, he began with- "Our Father in heaven..", he never said "Yahweh in heaven" or any other name.
In fact it cheapens God if we try to slap a name on him.
Even some angels don't have names-
"Then Manoah inquired of the angel of the Lord, What is your name, so that we may honour you when your word comes true?
He replied, "Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding" (Judges 13:17/18)
That's not what the angel of YHWH said.

Strong's H6383 - pil'iy - wonderful

Why do you ask my name seeing it is wonderful wonderful.

Judges 13 19 So Manoah took the young goat with the grain offering, and offered it upon the rock to YHWH. And He did a wondrous thing while Manoah and his wife looked on— 20 it happened as the flame went up toward heaven from the altar—the Angel of YHWH ascended in the flame of the altar! When Manoah and his wife saw this, they fell on their faces to the ground. 21 When the Angel of YHWH appeared no more to Manoah and his wife, then Manoah knew that He was the Angel of YHWH.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar

TokiEl

Superstar
Exodus 6 2 Elohim spoke to Moses and said to him: “I am YHWH. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as El Shadday, but by My name YHWH I was not known to them.

Tidal

Star
That's not what the angel of YHWH said.
Strong's H6383 - pil'iy - wonderful
Why do you ask my name seeing it is wonderful wonderful.
It depends which Bible version you're consulting, for example in the King James the angel says "my name is a secret."

TokiEl

Superstar
It depends which Bible version you're consulting, for example in the King James the angel says "my name is a secret."
Yes but the King James is not a flawless translation. It's always best to study the original word and check how and when it is used before in context in the Bible.

Strong's H6383 - pil'iy is used 4 times in 2 verses.

Jdg 13:18 And the Angel of YHWH said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is pil'iy pil'iy ?”

Psa 139:6 Such knowledge is too pil'iy pil'iy for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.

Perhaps the best translation is incomprehensible.

Last edited:

illuminatimess

Veteran
Hahaha, hey Adolf, it was the great christian countries of Britain and America that bust your ass, not much "meekness and flabbiness" there".. :p

"On the 21st of May [1940] a noteworthy event occurred to the north of us: English tanks attempted to break through in the direction of Paris.
At Arras they came up against the SS Division Totenkopf which had not been in action before and which showed signs of panic"

-General Guderian quote from his book 'Panzer Leader' page 114

Captured Germans in Normandy 1944-
Yeah, the same nations that supported Hitler-Germany. USA was the leading nation in eugenics, Hitler executed these evil ideas

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
“sec
Yes but the King James is not a flawless translation. It's always best to study the original word and check how and when it is used before in context in the Bible.

Strong's H6383 - pil'iy is used 4 times in 2 verses.

Jdg 13:18 And the Angel of YHWH said to him, “Why do you ask My name, seeing it is pil'iy pil'iy ?”

Psa 139:6 Such knowledge is too pil'iy pil'iy for me; It is high, I cannot attain it.

Perhaps the best translation is incomprehensible.
As in:-

TokiEl

Superstar
“sec

As in:-

Strong's H6381 - pala'

Strong's H6382 - pele'

Strong's H6383 - pil'iy

All variants convey something supernatural... or otherworldly wonderful and miraculous. It's used pretty exclusive about God and God's works.

Manoah was afraid there for a moment for seeing God.L0L

Judges 13 22 And Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die, because we have seen Elohim!”

23 But his wife said to him, “If YHWH had desired to kill us, He would not have accepted a burnt offering and a grain offering from our hands, nor would He have shown us all these things, nor would He have told us such things as these at this time.”

24 So the woman bore a son and called his name Samson; and the child grew, and YHWH blessed him.

25 And the Spirit of YHWH began to move upon him at Mahaneh Dan between Zorah and Eshtaol.

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
Go read your falsified texts which contain more cruelty than any other religious texts, Lisa :)
The Bible isn’t a falsified text and the quran has more cruelty in it...and it tells its followers to be terrorists even today. The Bible doesn’t tell its followers to be terrorists..but wants its followers to live righteous lives.

illuminatimess

Veteran

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
There you go, Lisa

Here’s a question. When God judges sin, is it morally wrong to exercise violence on those who are rebels? When Jesus comes back in Revelation 19, the scene is one of bloodshed.

God is patient, but finally, because He is holy, he will act in judgement.

For those who refuse grace, judgement waits.