Do the “elites” believe the Rapture is imminent?

Lisa

Superstar
Point partly taken, but I didn’t find the film particularly Catholic.
Wow...all I saw was a film about a mom and her son. I didn’t go into it with any preconceived notions..but it was totally obvious that it was about Mary following after her boy..that’s why I call it catholic propaganda. But, Mel is a well known catholic.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Wow...all I saw was a film about a mom and her son. I didn’t go into it with any preconceived notions..but it was totally obvious that it was about Mary following after her boy..that’s why I call it catholic propaganda. But, Mel is a well known catholic.
I didn’t get that so much, but then again, I’m not a Mum!!!

As the English Christians were civilising North America, so were the Spanish Christians civilising South America for a glorious double whammy.. :p

"In the name of their Imperial Highnesses King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella, we have come to civilise your asses!"

How could they travel thousands of miles and "civilize" another land, when they didnt even civilize their own land in Europe?

And according to those "Spanish Christians" they were conquering Israelites. You do know that right?

I am not without understanding - it’s the ultimate in Hegelian dialectic and the reason why hypocrisy in Christians is so offensive to God. When something evil is done in the name of God, it doesn’t automatically say anything true about Him. Picture the soldier who brings dishonour to the British Army by torturing and killing prisoners of war. It says much about the man who does it, but does not automatically represent their regiment.

None of that says anything in regards to what I said. Their introduction to the "Savior" who his supposed to "save the world from their sins" resulted in them losing their land, kingdoms, and being put in perpetual servitude. Again, that was their introduction to him (i.e. first time hearing about him).

And you say these people should turn around and follow a god that resulted in them losing everything they have and being scattered. It really makes no sense...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
None of that says anything in regards to what I said. Their introduction to the "Savior" who his supposed to "save the world from their sins" resulted in them losing their land, kingdoms, and being put in perpetual servitude. Again, that was their introduction to him (i.e. first time hearing about him).

And you say these people should turn around and follow a god that resulted in them losing everything they have and being scattered. It really makes no sense...
As I understand it, a mixture of people with good and evil motivations were involved with what we look back on as “colonialism” and “imperialism”. How the world would have looked if people went out and preached the Gospel with no strings attached is an interesting question...

Chief Joseph Riverwind interviewed a number of First Nation elders in producing his book. The deep wound that the colonising white folk had on these people runs very deep...

Last edited:
As I understand it, a mixture of people with good and evil motivations were involved with what we look back on as “colonialism” and “imperialism”. How the world would have looked if people went out and preached the Gospel with no strings attached is an interesting question...

Chief Joseph Riverwind interviewed a number of First Nation elders in producing his book. The deep wound that the colonising white folk had on these people runs very deep...

Respectfully, you're just talking at me at this point and not really addressing the contentions that many people have accepting the religion. I mean, what "good" motivations should they even notice if they lost control of their lands and control over governing themselves? Why did God allow THAT to be their introduction to "His son" who is the "savior of the world"?

Those are the tough questions that dont get answered by christians because they cant explain it.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Respectfully, you're just talking at me at this point and not really addressing the contentions that many people have accepting the religion. I mean, what "good" motivations should they even notice if they lost control of their lands and control over governing themselves? Why did God allow THAT to be their introduction to "His son" who is the "savior of the world"?

Those are the tough questions that dont get answered by christians because they cant explain it.
Taking the case of the First Nation people, if Christians had been intent on sharing the Gospel while respecting their right to distinctive culture and land I.e. without trying to culturally and economically wipe them out, would that have still been in keeping with the “Great Commission” as understood from Jesus’s words?

I’m not trying to talk at you btw. This is just my question.

Axl888

Established
not really. Jesus himself as a jew, spoke to jews and said God can raise children for Abraham out of stones.
the implication being that there's a covenant with Abraham's children...and that extends to gentiles. it was never exclusive to Isaac, it was for 'many nations'.
the same covenant promises the children of abraham would inherit the holy land.
yet jews have been kicked out many times..and muslims have lived there for a long long time.
circumcised children of Abraham.

it doesnt negate the remnant of isaac. Jesus, the apostles etc are part of the remnant.
the circumcision of the flesh is an everlasting covenant.
if jews are cut off from it and God establishes a new covenant through Jesus,..that also doesnt negate the circumcision of the flesh, not for gentiles..only for those jews who God cut off from the old covenant.

all those israelites/jews who are going to be resurrected and inherit the kingdom of God as the remnant..that 'everlasting' covenant still applies to them.

it isnt that complicated.
Everlasting covenant to Israel/jews by way of Isaac to whom God made the covenant with... not to the gentiles (i.e Christians, muslims etc.).

Tidal

Star
..they lost control of their lands and control over governing themselves? Why did God allow THAT to be their introduction to "His son" who is the "savior of the world"?

We Christians went over and stopped the heathens eating each other, job well done..:p
Same with America, if it wasn't for us they''d still be living in wigwams and scalping each other.
Tell us what country you live in or are you too ashamed to admit you're squatting on native land?..:D:D:D

DavidSon

Star
We Christians went over and stopped the heathens eating each other, job well done..:p
Same with America, if it wasn't for us they''d still be living in wigwams and scalping each other.
Tell us what country you live in or are you too ashamed to admit you're squatting on native land?..:D:D:D
I think all those tinned potatoes or whatever you were talking about eating might be destroying your brain. You're not well.

Taking the case of the First Nation people, if Christians had been intent on sharing the Gospel while respecting their right to distinctive culture and land I.e. without trying to culturally and economically wipe them out, would that have still been in keeping with the “Great Commission” as understood from Jesus’s words?

I’m not trying to talk at you btw. This is just my question.
So you're saying that wiping them out culturally and economically is in line with the "Great commission"? I could be wrong but this is how I took your question...

You're not talking at me but you still havent addressed putting yourself in someone elses shoes and seeing how Jesus, to yourself (in someone elses shoes) represents a LOSS OF EVERYTHING while those who gave you him, gained all that you lost as well as control over YOU. When you see that God introduced Himself to the Israelites and freed them from Egypt, then later introduced "His son" to you and put you into slavery, you can see the conundrum in accepting such a god?

Yea keep waving them pom poms. The bible says that in the last days the curses would be taken off the Israelites (your empire is a curse btw) and put on those who oppressed them (your empire btw)...

So all you're doing is cheering on your own eventual demise. And I reiterate, this is what the bible (i.e. OT) says about it. NOT ME...

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
So you're saying that wiping them out culturally and economically is in line with the "Great commission"? I could be wrong but this is how I took your question...
Let’s take this one point. What I was saying was that sharing the gospel does not have to go hand in hand with trying to destroy a culture and take their land.

The latter part was added by the people who came with the people who shared the gospel. i.e. The gospel is no intrinsically imperialist.

TokiEl

Superstar
It literally says a Psalm of DAVID, yet you ask me who it is? Its about David.

And if you think the word used in this verse that you translate to Adonay means the Creator, then was Jacob idolizing Esau when he referenced him by the same term?

Genesis 32:4
He also commanded them saying, "Thus you shall say to my lord Esau: 'Thus says your servant Jacob, "I have sojourned with Laban, and stayed until now;

"My lord" Esau is the same "My Lord" thats used for David. Its David's servant speaking of David his lord/master/employer etc... Has nothing to do with the Creator because, again, the Creator said He's ONE. Not one who has Hisself seated at His own right hand lol
Yes you're right about the general form of lord (Strong's H113 - 'adown) used in Psalm 110 verse 1. I thought it was the emphatic form of The Lord (Strong's H136 - 'Adonay) but i was wrong and for that i must die L0L.

I thought i checked it but i guess not so i will perform harakiri tonight... and im not even japanese hehe.

Oups postponed as i see the the emphatic form of The Lord God only (Strong's H136 - 'Adonay) is used in verse 5 though...

Psalm 110 4YHWH has sworn
And will not relent,
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”

5 Adonay is at Your right hand;
He shall execute kings in the day of His wrath.

6 He shall judge among the nations,
He shall fill the places with dead bodies,
He shall execute the heads of many countries.

That's my Adonay... the killer King.

Last edited:
Let’s take this one point. What I was saying was that sharing the gospel does not have to go hand in hand with trying to destroy a culture and take their land.
You're choosing what points to take though. You're not addressing my actual contentions with what happened. Besides, the bible says this:

Amos 3:3
Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?

You really want me to believe that they went hand in hand together but one had the "good intentions" of the gospel, while the other had conquest in mind? When oneof the FIRST things in warfare is to rid the losers of their gods and put in place your own?

The gospel is no intrinsically imperialist.
Ephesians 6:5
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

Romans 13
All of you must obey the government rulers. Everyone who rules was given the power to rule by God. And all those who rule now were given that power by God. 2 So anyone who is against the government is really against something God has commanded. Those who are against the government bring punishment on themselves.

Lol. The reality of the situation is that all the NT is, is a Greek tool used to separate the Israelites from the Torah so that the gentile could rule over them. They know this is the only way they get put in the position they're in (i.e. the 1%). This is a gentile speaking:

Judith 5
20 Now therefore, my lord and governor, if there be any error against this people, and they sin against their God, let us consider that this shall be their ruin, and let us go up, and we shall overcome them. 21 But if there be no iniquity in their nation, let my lord now pass by, lest their Lord defend them, and their God be for them, and we become a reproach before all the world

Yes you're right about the general form of lord (Strong's H113 - 'adown) used in Psalm 110 verse 1. I thought it was the emphatic form of The Lord (Strong's H136 - 'Adonay) but i was wrong and for that i must die L0L.

I thought i checked it but i guess not so i will perform harakiri tonight... and im not even japanese hehe.

Oups postponed as i see the the emphatic form of The Lord God only (Strong's H136 - 'Adonay) is used in verse 5 though...

Psalm 110 4YHWH has sworn
And will not relent,
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”

5 Adonay is at Your right hand;
He shall execute kings in the day of His wrath.

6 He shall judge among the nations,
He shall fill the places with dead bodies,
He shall execute the heads of many countries.

That's my Adonay... the killer King.
Okay. So we have the psalm being "of David", we have a part where the servant or whoever wrote the psalm about David, shows the humanity of David because of the "my master" part, and you still cling onto some trinity fan fiction interpretation of the verse? How can the Most High claim to be One, then say He's at His own right hand? In fact, in all the visions of the Most High in the OT, when did you read about someone seeing someone next to Him?

Its a lazy reading of the verse so as to prop up what the NT says. Its nothing that anyone reading psalms would come to the conclusion you are. In another verse:

Jeremiah 23:6
Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and He will reign wisely as King and administer justice and righteousness in the land. 6In His days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is His name by which He will be called: The LORD(the Name/Hashem) Our Righteousness.

Do you think anyone of Jeremiah's day that heard him say this thought he was saying that the righteous branch of David would be the Most High Hisself?

Tidal

Star
Yea keep waving them pom poms. The bible says that in the last days the curses would be taken off the Israelites (your empire is a curse btw) and put on those who oppressed them (your empire btw)...

WHOA Jack, the Israelites killed God's son, so payback's a-coming unless all jews truly repent and try to make amends by becoming Christians.. :p

"How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot....it is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:29-31)

Tidal

Star
I think all those tinned potatoes or whatever you were talking about eating might be destroying your brain. You're not well.

You speak with forked tongue!
Now fess up and tell us what native tribal land you're squatting on.. :p